Status
Not open for further replies.
"Quite the brutal act... Especially for such a roguish way of attacking..." Joshua murmured as he took a look at both bodies with a sigh. How the hell had none of them been hurt as well? Why were those two targeted? Pondering those thoughts in his mind, he placed a hand on Azura's shoulder to steady her, "Lady Azura, there's no need for you to have to look at the body if it's too much. I'm certain those more... adept to situations like this can handle this investigation ourselves."

@Atomyk @Verite @The Myrmidon @Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Kaykay @Hachiro Terra @Everyone

"Oh, Azura don't look!"

Road squawked in a mocking voice before acknowledging this Joshua character for the first time since they'd been in Umbrella. The girls elbows pointed out and her fists, balled up now, rested onto her hips.

"Maybe she did it!" That egging glare was back in Road's eyes, "Maybe your precious Azura hides behind a cloak of weakness! I've done it. It's a good cover. Especially when people leap to defend you." Road looked towards this, 'Azura' now, "Listen, blue-bird. Keep your eyes on us. All of us. Vomit if you have to, but looking away might miss you the chance to see someone pull something. Then someone else has their brains dashed against these nasty walls for nothing."

Road didn't actually think it was Azura, but looking away was foolish. Yes - look away from the groups with a KNOWN murdering traitor.

@MurderInvestigationSquad

• Love
Reactions: Josh M
Hearing the ongoing discussion from where she was examining Scott's body, Setsuna glanced up at the others, pausing in her search for clues. She could contribute to this discussion... She only hoped no one would be upset that she spoke without directly being asked to.

rsz_episodepct205pct20_pct20large1_by_teh_zombish-dat7v68.jpg

"...I possess superhuman capabilities," she chimed in, voice as steady as ever despite the dire situation. "However, I do not possess a..." What was that thing called again? Glancing around in search of something she could possibly use to describe it, she caught sight briefly of the gun Jason willingly showed. Calmly, one of her hands rose, pointing to the gun. "...Weapon such as that. Not do I possess any fire-based abilities." Bowing her head, she continued her search after uttering one more thing.
tumblr_inline_oi02koPJh21uxo55n_540.png

"... Yes. Yes, it would seem so," the girl named Wanda spoke in a thick European accent, "I cannot sense anyone else in the area, so it had to have been one of us in here."

"Magical observation? So that's why Fury believed you would be a use to us," Riesbyfe commented, holding her chin in thought, "But even if that is the case... The question remains indeed. Why would someone betray us? It goes against common sense to just... to just..."

Wanda shook her head, a fittingly grim expression on her look. "I believe our first priority should be who, rather than why. I... If you all manage to come to a consensus on who might have done it, I can use my power to check who had committed the murder."

"So why don't you use it now on everyone then? We have plenty of time, I would believe."

Wanda shook her head again. "Before S.H.I.E.L.D. took me in, I was under the clutches of Umbrella. They performed many... many tests on me in order to unlock the secret to my power, but they inadvertently weakened me, so I can only use my power once every so often. So you will have to be very careful on who you pick."

Ries04.png

"... Duly noted."

Listening to the woman's words, Miku fell silent only with a nod. A lot was at stake here with not a whole lot of room for mistake. Whatever was done needed to be done for a good cause.

Attention averting over somewhat to the investigation of Scott's body, she followed a few other peoples' lead and spoke to come clean on what she could do. "Ah... I do, too." Looking down at her hands, she flexed her fingers. "Have 'superhuman' strength, I mean. I guess." It felt like such an odd way to put it.​

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite #Investigation #MobilePostRip

"Oh, Azura don't look!"

Road squawked in a mocking voice before acknowledging this Joshua character for the first time since they'd been in Umbrella. The girls elbows pointed out and her fists, balled up now, rested onto her hips.

"Maybe she did it!" That egging glare was back in Road's eyes, "Maybe your precious Azura hides behind a cloak of weakness! I've done it. It's a good cover. Especially when people leap to defend you." Road looked towards this, 'Azura' now, "Listen, blue-bird. Keep your eyes on us. All of us. Vomit if you have to, but looking away might miss you the chance to see someone pull something. Then someone else has their brains dashed against these nasty walls for nothing."

Road didn't actually think it was Azura, but looking away was foolish. Yes - look away from the groups with a KNOWN murdering traitor.

"Hmm, well, if that's what you believe, miss," Joshua shrugged, not at all insulted or embarrassed by her words. As Road put on what seemed like a little glaring pout, the swordsman just kept smiling away while shutting his eyes, "Apologies for trying to comfort a friend and tell her that she didn't need to see this sort of thing if he didn't wish to."

@Atomyk @Verite @The Myrmidon @Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Kaykay @Hachiro Terra @Everyone

tumblr_inline_ng0i9nmCNY1shpc29.png

"... well, we do have two murders to be dealing with, and to be honest, I don't think a single person could've done this. There had to be at least two people behind it, because I find the possibility of someone being able to do all of that to Alice and then to Scott to be extremely unlikely. A long shot guess in my opinion, but it's better than nothing."

Blake practically put his two cents into this, holding the side of his head. Thinking hard wasn't really his thing, but he didn't want to awkwardly stand around when he did have at least one thing swirling about in his head.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Body Investigation

"It is unlikely one person could accomplish both murders within the allotted time," Setsuna agreed. "It is likely two or more beings carried out the acts separately. At least one possessing superior strength to humans, a gun, and some sort of fire.."
Listening to the woman's words, Miku fell silent only with a nod. A lot was at stake here with not a whole lot of room for mistake. Whatever was done needed to be done for a good cause.

Attention averting over somewhat to the investigation of Scott's body, she followed a few other peoples' lead and spoke to come clean on what she could do. "Ah... I do, too." Looking down at her hands, she flexed her fingers. "Have 'superhuman' strength, I mean. I guess." It felt like such an odd way to put it.​

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite #Investigation #MobilePostRip

Setsuna briefly glanced at Miku, before simply gazing back to the others. But not before moving away from Scott's body to rejoin Shirou.

@Kaide` @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Josh M @Verite @investigationcrew​

There didn't seem to be a struggle beyond a single bruise on the back of Scott's head. His helmet seemed unremarkable beyond being far away from his body.

It would seem that no one in the group had been burnt or had singed clothing.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Body Investigation
After thinking over the evidence for quite a while, Jason came to a conclusion over what happened to Scott.

"Okay, listen up! After further examination of Scott's body, I've determined that the cause of death was blunt trauma to the head, followed by being drowned. This is evidenced by the bruise on the back of his head. As for Alice, it's safe to assume she was fighting a meta-human before being shot several times. The broken arm and nose suggest a struggle of some sort. In order to prove who did this, we'll need to narrow down our candidates to someone who possesses super human strength, owns a gun, and has either fire related abilities or has experience in pyrotechnics. Now I own a gun. But I only possess above average strength, which is not enough to break her arm as much as it did. Any questions?"

@Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Atomyk @Body Investigation

rsz_1hqdefault_by_teh_zombish-dat7u37.jpg

who the fuck did this guy think he was, trying to steal her job? couldnt he see she was a fuckin maid? it was her fuckin job to cook and clean and this motherfucker was trying t--

"...Shirou," Setsuna spoke, lightly nudging the male to stir him, had he actually fallen asleep. Well, actually, she did it whether he had or not. "It is time to depart," she stated, voice soft and calm. With that, she would wait for the male before joining the others, making sure to stick close to him the entire time. After all, she had to make sure that if he had any further needs, she could hear and tend to them accordingly. Of course, when things went black and gunshots were fired off, the Absolute Angel's first instinct kicked in- protecting those around her. She placed herself between the fire and as many people as she could, seeking the shooter to disengage them at the same time... But she failed.

That was all she could think, as she stared down at the limp body of Alice, her own eyes almost as blank as those of the deceased's.

rsz_1rsz_a2_by_teh_zombish-dat4qd7.jpg

"..."

Wordlessly, Setsuna glanced away, spotting the body of Scott nearby as well. While others examined Alice, she moved over to his body, instead, looking for what might have caused his demise.

@Atomyk @Kaykay @Verite @Everyone​
Fortunately, Shirou had just barely managed to stay awake, though her nudge made him suddenly blink. It seemed he had been at least a little out of it. Once the dead bodies were unveiled, Shirou didn't seem to have much of an outward reaction. He just shoved his hands in his pockets and took a glance first at Alice's corpse, and then Scott's.

It seemed he was right. Whatever plans they made were seriously worthless.

"...Well, for now, let's find out who did it, huh? Oi, Setsuna, what've we found out?"

@Hospes

Lucifer was disappointed when nothing was found by the helmet. He decided to give his two cents. " I have telekinesis. I had super strength, but when I got here, it hasn't exactly been working. Probably because I am not home," he said to Road. He looked at Penny. " You got any ideas?" He asked.

Penny shrugged.

"I'm no expert, but if you're having performance problems, maybe it's all in your head. Pressure is on your, and you're afraid to fail or something like that"​

• An ordinary person would be allowed to be startled. An ordinary person would spend time mourning the loss of a friend and an ally. An ordinary person was not Naomi Kimishima. She was a medical examiner, and it was her job to find out the truth of how these two souls were stolen away. She wouldn't let anything keep her from the truth. After a deep breath, she said, "Alright, Little Guy. We have a job to do. Let's do it. I'll start with Alice, you go look at Scott."

As she stepped closer to Alice's body in order to investigate, a loud vibration could be heard from her pocket. Regretful to be listening to the dying words of a late friend, she opened her phone and held it to her ear. All she could hear was grunting and moaning, as if Alice were struggling with her assailant. This much was supported by the evidence at hand. Amidst the struggle, she cried out in her native tongue, "Отпусти меня!" and had one final exclamation of pain afterwards. Then, the call from beyond the grave had ended.

She closed her phone and began work examining the body. It seemed that she was not the only one around with knowledge of crime scenes, as some progress had already been made. She opened up her laptop computer and began organizing the information at hand.

On the screen of her laptop were soon displayed the facts and assumptions of Alice's murder:
    • Victim's Final Words
    • Multiple Gunshot Wounds
    • Evidence Of Struggle
    • Broken Weapon
    • Burn Marks
    • Murderer's Superhuman Abilities
    • Wanda's Testimony
    • Alice's Body Position
    • How Many Murderers?*
    • Who Has Guns?*

Upon filling in that last piece of data, Naomi was happy to oblige in handing over her pistol. "Go ahead. Take it. I didn't particularly enjoy using it. If it helps us get closer to the truth, then go ahead and take it.

"However, if you want to do something with that information, we need to find a bullet. Little Guy should be able to analyze rifling marks, and if we can find a suspicious gun, we can analyze it for a match."

On that note, Naomi carefully lifted the body (while wearing latex gloves) and searched for any bullets that were in the ground. If Alice were shot while lying facedown, then the wounds on her back should be entrance wounds, and the ones on her front should be exit wounds.

*In Trauma Team, Naomi has some of these "evidence cards" posed as questions until the answer is found.

• Little Guy followed Dr. Kimishima's orders and went to examine Scott's body. Getting out his own computer, he starts making notes on who had what weapons or supernatural abilities.

As he was doing this, an idea formed in his head. Although he wasn't as experienced in the field as Naomi, he had his moments of brightness.

"Hold on there a moment, Jason. We can't know for sure that Scott and Alice were killed by the same person, especially with how short the timeframe is for the murders. Because there are two bodies, it's a possibility that there are two or more murderers. That means that we don't need one person with a firearm, super strength, and pyrotechnics. Two people with any combination of those assets works just as well.

And on the note of the pyrotechnics, we should probably make sure the burns aren't from gunpowder. If that's the case, then our murderers don't need fire-related powers. I can test for that myself."

Little Guy proceeded to do just that, testing the burn marks for gunpowder residue.

• Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
    "First Blood"

Believing that the situation had been discussed thoroughly enough, Nick Fury felt it was time to get moving. "Enough dawdling, people!" he barked for all to hear. "You will follow me now. You can come on out now, Miss Maximoff." He left the room, walking into the deeper parts of the warehouse to where a new individual had been waiting. "This should be suitable back-up now."

tumblr_inline_oi02ji0HGI1uxo55n_540.png

"..."

A silent young woman stepped out from the shadows as she was called out. One had to wonder if she was there all that time or had just arrived, but perhaps, either way, it mattered little. If Fury wanted her along, then that must mean that she could be of some use, most likely.

"Oh la la~" Adam said, licking his lips. He looked Wanda up and down and felt his cheeks redden. "Why is she here? Moral support?"

"Sure," Fury said, ushering everyone along once again. "Let's go with that."

Past rows of empty shelves and abandoned storage crates was a ladder that went up to the room above. He pointed to a heavy door nearby and said, "That's where we came in, but you're not going that way. Up this ladder and make it quick."

In the room above, everyone had to crouch down due to the low ceiling. Fury pushed aside a shelf to reveal a hatch that went up into the room above. He tossed a flashlight to Scott before opening the hatch, revealing a dark passage.

"This leads to a water treatment facility. The outpost was originally intended to be self-sufficient, so sewage came through here, some of it being recycled as drinking water." He gave the passage a sidelong glance. "Don't drink the water now. It's been abandoned for a while, and it doesn't seem Umbrella has decided to make us of it. It's gonna damn hard to see, so stick by Mr. Lang and he'll lead you to the next floor. His... unique skillset should aid you in infiltrating the building."

In a few minutes, everyone would have climbed inside, finding themselves in a dark tunnel, where the only light was from Scott's flashlight and the open door below them.

"Once this door closes, it will not open again. We won't be able to extract you, at least not until the other members of the Avengers have breached Umbrella's security. Do not panic and do not let us down. Good luck." With that, Fury closed the hatch shut and all was quiet.

tumblr_o6tm3mZQUs1vsdx6yo2_400.jpg

Scott, who had donned his Ant-Man suit well before the group had left to infiltrate the facility, gave a wave to everybody around.

"Just let me lead the way, team. I've got friends who live down here who managed to tell me about the layout, and it can be pretty easy to get lost in if you don't know your way around," he advised, walking in front of the group.

Ries18.png

"... Friends?" Riesbyfe inquired with something of a deadpan expression. She couldn't fathom what sort of friends Scott could possibly have been talking about. She almost entertained the thought of Morlocks for a moment, straight out of a certain late 19th-century novella, but perhaps that was too crude even for her and the given situation.

The group navigated the dark tunnel for a few minutes, eventually coming to an open area with a pool of water and a dull emergency light flashing above. More tunnels branched off from this point, and the group was forced to linger while Scott tried to figure out the map in his possession.

All seemed calm, at least until a gunshot went off and took out the light above. Scott ended up dropping his flashlight in surprise and it shut off as it smashed against the ground, plunging the group into darkness.

Moments after the flashlight shut off, sounds of shuffling could be heard. Scott yelped and bright lights illuminated the entrance to one of the tunnels. This naturally grabbed attention, but as some stepped forward cautiously to investigate, there was the sound of something smashing against the ground, followed by a burst of gunfire.

Cullen had managed to find the flashlight in the dark, turning it on to illuminate the direction of the sounds, revealing a grisly sight: Alice Twilight's dead body.

9CSLYXk.png

"We just started..." Cullen said quietly.

"W-Woah! Oh, shit! Shit, shit, shit! We're all gonna fucking die down here, huh? Who the hell did this?! Aren't we the only fuckin' ones down here?" Adam looked wildly around. "Yo, Avengers! Ant guy! Hot goth chick! Do something!"

"Where is Scott...?" Riesbyfe asked.

The world had gone dark, but soon everything was white. Feeling a numb pain across her body, Alice would awake in what appeared to be some kind of medical center. A female voice spoke to her, "How are you feeling, dear?"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @TheMythicThird @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @DBZ7 @penguin055 @Bomb @TheColourlessRainbow @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Nater Taters @Verite @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @Hachiro Terra @Azuremoon
    As they entered the room Jason would tug out a flashlight and begin to search around.

ArkGen01.PNG

"Ugh... it smells like shit in here." Jason commented as he began to look around some. But, of course, the gunshut that went off made Jason jump as well, causing him to drop his flashlight too. Unlike Cullen, Jason wouldn't have been able to find his flashlight, causing him to grab his visor and put it on so he could see. Then there was multiple fire, though in all the commotion Jason couldn't identify who was causing it. When the fire finally ceased Jason caught glimpse of Alice's dead body, causing him to gag a little.

"Ungh... Jesus Christ." He muttered under his visor before turning on detective mode and scanning the body for any evidence. Once Jason found where the bullet hit Alice, he would try and locate the trajectory of the bullet to determine where it was fired from.

@Atomyk @AliceInvestigation
    It felt as if their break was all too short lived, and before long the whole group was to embark deeper into the facility. Opting to more or less stick close to the newly formed "Team Clockwork", Miku found herself on unusually high alert. If something was able to give her the creeps, it was definitely a place like this. Cramped, damp, and with limited lighting. It felt like it belonged out of a horror movie.

Gunfire.

The now-familiar sound of firearms going off rang throughout, making Miku jump and frantically try and find the source of it all with the poor lighting conditions. Had an enemy found them? Would they have to fight again, already?

Unfortunately, the answer to her frantic thoughts was one she could have lived without.
    Ej9cSBo.png

"..." Eyes wide, a mix of shock and horror painted on the android's face. There was no way. No way she could be dead on the ground like that. She'd considered Alice her friend. They were going to look out for each other. They were going to be a team.

Maybe such optimism didn't have a place here, after all?
    Alice wasn't hit with one bullet, but an entire series of bullets. If one were to examine the body, it would be easy enough to tell that Alice had been shot largely while she was already face down on the ground. One of her robot arms were broken almost in half, indicating some kind of struggle occurred.

Clark would be able to see that Alice's nose was broken, though that might have been obvious to all considering the amount of blood that had poured from her nose.

"This has to be some kind of joke," Cullen said, moving the flashlight's beam around the room. "Bloody hell!"

It was then that Cullen illuminated a second unmoving body: Scott Lang's. He lay next to the pool of water, one arm hanging over the edge.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Body Investigation

"..."

The woman sat in a chair next to the examiner's table that Alice lay on. With a martini glass in hand, she looked over Alice with a warm smile.

XPKWCeO.png

"Just call me Lalonde," she said. "Welcome back to Umbrella."

@Yun Lee
    "Hmmm.." Jason muttered as he examined the body. "Broken nose and heavily damaged robotic arm... definitely a struggle of some sort..." Jason said aloud, far more interested in this than the number of bullets. "Any idiot can shoot someone. But this?" Jason said before slightly lifting up the robotic arm. "This either took raw strength or a damn good weapon. If it was a weapon, it was most likely a sword of some sort..." Jason would then take a closer look to determine which one it was.

@Atomyk @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Kaide` @Archwar @AliceInvestigation

As much as it would usually bother Blake, he didn't show much discontent with having to go through a dark murky tunnel like this one. Tracing back to his roots as an assassin, he figured that he had done a good number of his eliminations in desolated tunnels...

"Well, if we can hurry it up, we don't have to remain in here long..."

Blake stated as they progressed through the tunnel, but stopped in his tracks. Something happened. Gunfire, darkness, and soon concluded with a horrid discovery.

tumblr_inline_n3kt0xUv0n1sy4uqk.png

"... that can't be right. We didn't even set foot to..."

Well, it was a given fact. They just started moving on to get back at Umbrella, but in what felt like a few hours... they've already lost three people. First Travis, then Alice, and now Scott. There were no signs of another person allied with Umbrella tailing them, unless they were really good at doing the kill and making their way out before being seen. Even then, that sounded like an absurd way to think of how this could've happened.

tumblr_inline_ng0i9cOmN51shpc29.png

"Dammit..."

He took a look at the scene of Alice's murder. It was like someone really wanted to make sure that she was dead, possibly unloading their entire gun of ammo and roughing her up to ensure that death... He wasn't the intellectual type to look at things like this, and he wasn't even sure if he could contribute to this. He knew that their efforts to fight back against Umbrella was going to be tough, but... he had no idea that this would ever happen.

"Anything found there? Anything at all?"

Blake couldn't help but ask the others investigating the area of where Alice was left at. He was mentally grasping at straws, trying to make sense of everything... It wasn't supposed to be this rough already.

@Atomyk @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Kaide` @Archwar @thatguyinthestore
    "Ha, I knew he was easily pleased," Cagliostro laughs as Adam hops onto his next target, a 'Ms Maximoff'.

Soon, the lights went out and the scene unfolded. Alice and Scott Lang, both dead.

F8IQZXA.png

"No time to get philosophical, but a lot of time to observe."

Cagliostro examines.

"For Alice Twilight here... our first step is to indicate everyone who uses bullets," Cagliostro turns to the Arkham Knight, "sorry, but I mean everyone. No hard feelings, I assume?"

Cagliostro says as she investigates the body alongside the Arkham Knight, examining the type of damage that was caused to Alice's robotic arm and nose. They didn't look like bullet wounds... did they?

"We're looking for someone with a large amount of physical strength. I do not believe that there are any chemical imprints, burn marks, bite marks or the like, so I'm out of the equation. While Scott Lang was killed simultaneously, it should not be immediately assumed that they were killed by the same person, but it must be considered a huge possibility."

@Atomyk @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Kaide` @Archwar @thatguyinthestore @Crow @AliceInvestigation​
    Jason and Cagliostro would be able to determine that the arm was broken through blunt force.

It would appear that in the tunnel entrance where the lights had flashed that there was blood splatter on the wall, as well as a number of burn marks.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Body Investigation

"I was about as confused as you are in your position," Lalonde said, nodding. "But as Umbrella has seen fit not to put a limit on what I can say, I will answer your questions as thoroughly as possible, dear." She gave her glass a little shake, sloshing the drink inside a little. She smiled into it and took a sip. "Don't mind me, I needed a little drink to take the edge off."

She took a deep breath before continuing. "Okay. You see, you were killed most horribly and your body was recovered by Umbrella. They have used it to create you a new body; A complete recreation of your old one, right down to the exact details. At least... so I believe. My body has not been altered in any way that I can see. It is quite something."

@Yun Lee
    Everyone seemed right on the case. Everyone wanted to try and figure out just what was going on here. To try and figure out whom had taken yet another life.

"... Wait," Miku spoke up, her voice starting out a bit quieter than it should have been. Steeling herself, not bringing herself to look too directly at the body of Alice, she continued with some hesitance. "Is it right to assume it was one of our own group that... um, did this? We're supposed to be in this together. It just... doesn't... make sense."

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Archwar #Everyone #BodyInvestigation
    Jason looked Cagliostro in the eye before looking back at the body. This wasn't the first time he was accused of a crime he didn't commit, after all. And you could never be too safe, right? Turning to Blake, Jason went over all the evidence so far.

"The body is riddled with bullets, her nose is broken, and her robotic arm is heavily damaged, indicating there was some sort of struggle. That's all we know so far."

After closer examination, Jason did figure out that the arm was broken through blunt force.

"Okay, so a weapon is out of the question. Even if a weapon such as a sledgehammer was used, it would still take a tremendous amount of strength to even put a dent in this thing. Strength that I, and most people in our little group, don't possess. Though there are about a handful of possible suspects." Jason would then notice the blood spatters and burn marks on the wall near the entrance. Flicking on detective vision yet again, Jason would first determine if the blood was Alice's or Scott's, or someone else's.

Jason simply sighed.

"As much as I hate to admit it, it is a possibility that someone in our group did this. Now I'm not saying anything is certain, but it's too soon to rule out anything just yet."

@Atomyk @Crow @Kaide` @Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @Archwar @Investigation

tumblr_inline_ng0i7xEXyS1shpc29.png

"As much as I would like to deny it... we could be dealing with someone... who could be lying to us... Most likely someone who would like to tear us apart, and it's the exact opposite of what we want right now."

Blake narrowed his eyes at that thought. He would like to believe it was just a sneaky killer lurking in the ranks of Umbrella, but that was starting to seem less likely than how it was moments before. He didn't want to put the ideas of false hope into their minds, he didn't want to be that person that ignores the tragedies. There was no smile on Blake's face ever since this transpired.

tumblr_inline_ng0i91XDjm1shpc29.png

"If we're narrowing down the list of suspects... if we're really going to go with the possibility that someone in this group did this... I'll lay it all down that I do have experience with a gun, save for this pistol that I have here... but I don't have absurd strength or the access to... the fire stuff. Just a normal guy with fancy tech to give me a push on attacking foes... Does that sound detailed enough?"

The Black Raven would glance over at Cagliostro, giving away all the information needed to practically cross him off the list of suspects. If it were him, this would've been a much more cleaner kill, he wouldn't show this much brute force even if he had that type of thing. Plus, he wouldn't dare kill fellow allies, not in a place like this.

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Body Investigation
    Jason shifted his gaze to Road and shrugged.

"Hmm.. I'd say it'd have to be superhuman level if they did it with nothing but brute force. So someone such as Clark or Lucifer."

@Azuremoon
    Domon raised his hand to his forehead as he joined the group examining Alice's body. This definitely wasn't his first encounter with death, but he couldn't help feeling a little sick to his stomach. "So she was beaten and shot, and there are burn marks on the wall? There's no way one person could do all this." He pointed to where Scott's body lay. "Not to mention the fact that there are two victims here."

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Body Investigation

"... Yes. Yes, it would seem so," the girl named Wanda spoke in a thick European accent, "I cannot sense anyone else in the area, so it had to have been one of us in here."

"Magical observation? So that's why Fury believed you would be a use to us," Riesbyfe commented, holding her chin in thought, "But even if that is the case... The question remains indeed. Why would someone betray us? It goes against common sense to just... to just..."

Wanda shook her head, a fittingly grim expression on her look. "I believe our first priority should be who, rather than why. I... If you all manage to come to a consensus on who might have done it, I can use my power to check who had committed the murder."

"So why don't you use it now on everyone then? We have plenty of time, I would believe."

Wanda shook her head again. "Before S.H.I.E.L.D. took me in, I was under the clutches of Umbrella. They performed many... many tests on me in order to unlock the secret to my power, but they inadvertently weakened me, so I can only use my power once every so often. So you will have to be very careful on who you pick."

Ries04.png

"... Duly noted."

@Kaide` @Everyone
    Jason would find that, for some reason, his detective vision wasn't determining whose blood was on the wall. However, it didn't seem to matter, for a cursory glance at Scott's body would determine he had lost no blood. Once he was flipped over, it would be easy to see that his face and the neck of his uniform was wet. Scott's helmet was sitting a distance away.

After Wanda spoke, Cullen snorted dismissively. "So what you're saying is that Umbrella could know we're coming?" He pointed the flashlight's beam around the room, aiming up toward the ceiling. "They're probably watching us right now... Complete rubbish." He looked down at the others. "You telling me one of you has the nerve to carry out what they want, still? To sabotage us?!"

Lalonde tilted her head as if considering the questions. "Far be it from me to theorize what it means for us to be alive. Perhaps it has something to with the soul where one more religious than I could make an assertion on the matter. All I know is what I have been told, and what I have been told is that our consciousnesses were transferred to these new bodies. How they gathered me must relate to that unlimited energy source of theirs..."

She leaned back a little, looking up at the ceiling. The woman seemed to be thinking deeply, smiling in a dull way that seemed to indicate she had gotten drunk before Alice had awoken. "I did die, yes. I found myself in a peculiar situation. I thought I could help another. I believed my daughter would be fine without me, but I ended up on the end of an unruly individual's sword. Perhaps it was fate, but... Hm."

She shrugged. "But now I am here, and everything is different now, dear."

@Yun Lee
    Intrigued, Ada went to go check Scott's Helmet.

As she stood up, Ada turned to Linda who had tapped her on the shoulder. "I have A Pistol, a crossbow, and a grappling hook." She said. She pushed the front of her dress forward to reveal the pistol in the leg holster.

After thinking over the evidence for quite a while, Jason came to a conclusion over what happened to Scott.

"Okay, listen up! After further examination of Scott's body, I've determined that the cause of death was blunt trauma to the head, followed by being drowned. This is evidenced by the bruise on the back of his head. As for Alice, it's safe to assume she was fighting a meta-human before being shot several times. The broken arm and nose suggest a struggle of some sort. In order to prove who did this, we'll need to narrow down our candidates to someone who possesses super human strength, owns a gun, and has either fire related abilities or has experience in pyrotechnics. Now I own a gun. But I only possess above average strength, which is not enough to break her arm as much as it did. Any questions?"

@Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Atomyk @Body Investigation

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
James Proudstar - Warpath

"Arkham, or anyone else, check the guns to see whose gun was fired. It appears several of us are capable of at least the attack on the girl. Ant man's death I think would be easier to accomplish. Now I know of at least one person who can do heat damage and super strength and super speed. We need to clear this up quickly folks. Umbrella has that much more time to prepare'.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Hospes @The Myrmidon

"I assume you point the blam-ey end at what you want to kill."

Road then made a, her first and to her knowledge *the* first, finger-gun and began shooting it at the downed cyborg.

"So... Clark? Myself? Aquamarine over there-" Road lifted an arm and gestured to Miku, "-What if it's someone who's been hiding their strength like I have? So many variable, detective! Do you want us to go line up against the wall or somethin'" That was only half a joke.

Well, that... Mostly sounded logical to Setsuna. However, one thing got to her. "It is correct that someone with fire, a gun, and superhuman strength must have been involved. However, there is a possibility there were multiple beings behind this. Each of these with one of the necessary traits. It is unwise to restrict the profile to one being.."
Fortunately, Shirou had just barely managed to stay awake, though her nudge made him suddenly blink. It seemed he had been at least a little out of it. Once the dead bodies were unveiled, Shirou didn't seem to have much of an outward reaction. He just shoved his hands in his pockets and took a glance first at Alice's corpse, and then Scott's.

It seemed he was right. Whatever plans they made were seriously worthless.

"...Well, for now, let's find out who did it, huh? Oi, Setsuna, what've we found out?"

@Hospes

Glancing to Shirou, Setsuna paused for a moment before nodding and steeling up to explain. Unsure of the man's name, she gestured to Scott. "...Someone removed his helmet and struck the back of his head. Hard enough to bruise. Afterwards, they drowned him, judging by the wetness of his face and collar."

Turning her attention now to Alice, she continued. "Judging by the broken nose and arm, it is most likely that Alice's demise was predeceased by a struggle. Most likely with a being with superhuman strength. However, she was riddled with bullets. The most likely actual cause of death," she continued. "Burn marks on the walls indicate some sort of fire-related incident as well."

Explanation finished, the blonde let herself focus on Shirou once more. "...Is there anything else, Shirou?"

@Kaykay @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Verite @Everyone​

Lucifer looked over at Jason. " I hate to refute your last point, but it doesn't necessarily have to be fire power or pyrotechnics, didn't some of us come here with weapons and objects from home? Perhaps Miss Twilight was one of those people and we should look around some more to see if we missed something.V

Lucifer sighed and he decided not to respond to Penny on that issue. There was a reason, but he wasn't about to bring it up when they were in a bad situation.

@thatguyinthestore @Darkseide @EVERYONE

Road then made a, her first and to her knowledge *the* first, finger-gun and began shooting it at the downed cyborg.

"So... Clark? Myself? Aquamarine over there-" Road lifted an arm and gestured to Miku, "-What if it's someone who's been hiding their strength like I have? So many variable, detective! Do you want us to go line up against the wall or somethin'" That was only half a joke.
Jason shrugged. "We might just do that." He said in a cold tone.

Well, that... Mostly sounded logical to Setsuna. However, one thing got to her. "It is correct that someone with fire, a gun, and superhuman strength must have been involved. However, there is a possibility there were multiple beings behind this. Each of these with one of the necessary traits. It is unwise to restrict the profile to one being.."

Glancing to Shirou, Setsuna paused for a moment before nodding and steeling up to explain. Unsure of the man's name, she gestured to Scott. "...Someone removed his helmet and struck the back of his head. Hard enough to bruise. Afterwards, they drowned him, judging by the wetness of his face and collar."

Turning her attention now to Alice, she continued. "Judging by the broken nose and arm, it is most likely that Alice's demise was predeceased by a struggle. Most likely with a being with superhuman strength. However, she was riddled with bullets. The most likely actual cause of death," she continued. "Burn marks on the walls indicate some sort of fire-related incident as well."

Explanation finished, the blonde let herself focus on Shirou once more. "...Is there anything else, Shirou?"

@Kaykay @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Verite @Everyone​
Jason nodded at Setsuna's comment.

"You're right. There probably were multiple people behind this. Alright, new plan." Jason said before tugging out both of his pistols and placing them in the middle of the floor. "Everyone who owns a gun put it in the middle of the floor. This was I can cross examine the caliber of each weapon with the same caliber that Alice was shot with. Then we'll have a pretty good idea of who did this." Todd knew that he didn't shoot her, but he was going to take his weapons out anyways so no one got suspicious. Last thing he needed was being falsely accused of a murder he didn't commit.

@Kaykay @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Verite @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

"Oh, Azura don't look!"

"Hmm, well, if that's what you believe, miss," Joshua shrugged, not at all insulted or embarrassed by her words. As Road put on what seemed like a little glaring pout, the swordsman just kept smiling away while shutting his eyes, "Apologies for trying to comfort a friend and tell her that she didn't need to see this sort of thing if he didn't wish to."

"It is unlikely one person could accomplish both murders within the allotted time," Setsuna agreed. "It is likely two or more beings carried out the acts separately. At least one possessing superior strength to humans, a gun, and some sort of fire.."

Setsuna briefly glanced at Miku, before simply gazing back to the others. But not before moving away from Scott's body to rejoin Shirou.

@Kaide` @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Josh M @Verite @investigationcrew​

• An ordinary person would be allowed to be startled. An ordinary person would spend time mourning the loss of a friend and an ally. An ordinary person was not Naomi Kimishima. She was a medical examiner, and it was her job to find out the truth of how these two souls were stolen away. She wouldn't let anything keep her from the truth. After a deep breath, she said, "Alright, Little Guy. We have a job to do. Let's do it. I'll start with Alice, you go look at Scott."

As she stepped closer to Alice's body in order to investigate, a loud vibration could be heard from her pocket. Regretful to be listening to the dying words of a late friend, she opened her phone and held it to her ear. All she could hear was grunting and moaning, as if Alice were struggling with her assailant. This much was supported by the evidence at hand. Amidst the struggle, she cried out in her native tongue, "Отпусти меня!" and had one final exclamation of pain afterwards. Then, the call from beyond the grave had ended.

She closed her phone and began work examining the body. It seemed that she was not the only one around with knowledge of crime scenes, as some progress had already been made. She opened up her laptop computer and began organizing the information at hand.

On the screen of her laptop were soon displayed the facts and assumptions of Alice's murder:
    • Victim's Final Words
    • Multiple Gunshot Wounds
    • Evidence Of Struggle
    • Broken Weapon
    • Burn Marks
    • Murderer's Superhuman Abilities
    • Wanda's Testimony
    • Alice's Body Position
    • How Many Murderers?*
    • Who Has Guns?*

Upon filling in that last piece of data, Naomi was happy to oblige in handing over her pistol. "Go ahead. Take it. I didn't particularly enjoy using it. If it helps us get closer to the truth, then go ahead and take it.

"However, if you want to do something with that information, we need to find a bullet. Little Guy should be able to analyze rifling marks, and if we can find a suspicious gun, we can analyze it for a match."

On that note, Naomi carefully lifted the body (while wearing latex gloves) and searched for any bullets that were in the ground. If Alice were shot while lying facedown, then the wounds on her back should be entrance wounds, and the ones on her front should be exit wounds.

*In Trauma Team, Naomi has some of these "evidence cards" posed as questions until the answer is found.

• Little Guy followed Dr. Kimishima's orders and went to examine Scott's body. Getting out his own computer, he starts making notes on who had what weapons or supernatural abilities.

As he was doing this, an idea formed in his head. Although he wasn't as experienced in the field as Naomi, he had his moments of brightness.

"Hold on there a moment, Jason. We can't know for sure that Scott and Alice were killed by the same person, especially with how short the timeframe is for the murders. Because there are two bodies, it's a possibility that there are two or more murderers. That means that we don't need one person with a firearm, super strength, and pyrotechnics. Two people with any combination of those assets works just as well.

And on the note of the pyrotechnics, we should probably make sure the burns aren't from gunpowder. If that's the case, then our murderers don't need fire-related powers. I can test for that myself."

Little Guy proceeded to do just that, testing the burn marks for gunpowder residue.

"You're right. There probably were multiple people behind this. Alright, new plan." Jason said before tugging out both of his pistols and placing them in the middle of the floor. "Everyone who owns a gun put it in the middle of the floor. This was I can cross examine the caliber of each weapon with the same caliber that Alice was shot with. Then we'll have a pretty good idea of who did this." Todd knew that he didn't shoot her, but he was going to take his weapons out anyways so no one got suspicious. Last thing he needed was being falsely accused of a murder he didn't commit.

@Kaykay @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Verite @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9
tumblr_inline_ng0i907pUZ1shpc29.png

"Hm... I'm not sure if it's just me either, but it looks like someone really didn't know how to make a quick kill. Two or three bullets aimed for the vital parts of the body would usually do the trick... but our guilty individual hiding in this group probably shot Alice recklessly. Way too many bullets to kill one person. Maybe someone who isn't that experienced with guns is behind this?"

He wasn't sure if he was hitting any key points, but he was trying. It was one thing to help find a murderer in their group, but it was a whole different thing to go pin the blame on someone in hopes of identifying that murderer. That type of action was just difficult for Blake to even do, worried that he might waste their chance on someone innocent...

tumblr_inline_n3kt0mN6wK1sy4uqk.png

"Say... if I go on with the assumption that the person that killed Alice isn't experienced with guns... would it be sensible to think that, I don't know, people that gained experience with said guns while we were still being told what to do by Umbrella might be viable on the suspect list?"

He rambled on, tossing his pistol that he got from Umbrella onto the floor once Jason mentioned this. Since there were so many gunshot wounds on the body, it was probably going to be a doozy to figure out what kind of gun was used... and used in such little time from what happened earlier.

tumblr_inline_ng0i907pUZ1shpc29.png

"Hm... I'm not sure if it's just me either, but it looks like someone really didn't know how to make a quick kill. Two or three bullets aimed for the vital parts of the body would usually do the trick... but our guilty individual hiding in this group probably shot Alice recklessly. Way too many bullets to kill one person. Maybe someone who isn't that experienced with guns is behind this?"

He wasn't sure if he was hitting any key points, but he was trying. It was one thing to help find a murderer in their group, but it was a whole different thing to go pin the blame on someone in hopes of identifying that murderer. That type of action was just difficult for Blake to even do, worried that he might waste their chance on someone innocent...

tumblr_inline_n3kt0mN6wK1sy4uqk.png

"Say... if I go on with the assumption that the person that killed Alice isn't experienced with guns... would it be sensible to think that, I don't know, people that gained experience with said guns while we were still being told what to do by Umbrella might be viable on the suspect list?"

He rambled on, tossing his pistol that he got from Umbrella onto the floor once Jason mentioned this. Since there were so many gunshot wounds on the body, it was probably going to be a doozy to figure out what kind of gun was used... and used in such little time from what happened earlier.

That seemed like a good plan. Not that Setsuna needed to say so- Kyoshiro had never needed her approval, and she wouldn't ramble about it to these others that likely didn't need- or want -it.

Blake did have a point, though. Perhaps it was even someone that hadn't even trained with umbrella, but instead had only grabbed a weapon and gone?

James Proudstar - Warpath

The big apache takes out the two 45's one at a time. Marking each with an A scratched into the metal with one of his Vibranium knives. After words, he places them in the center with the others. He takes a moment in front of everyone, breathing in their scent.

" I have an enhanced sense of smell. I'm going to catch each of your scents, in case we get separated".

@thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9

Jason would find that, for some reason, his detective vision wasn't determining whose blood was on the wall. However, it didn't seem to matter, for a cursory glance at Scott's body would determine he had lost no blood. Once he was flipped over, it would be easy to see that his face and the neck of his uniform was wet. Scott's helmet was sitting a distance away.

After Wanda spoke, Cullen snorted dismissively. "So what you're saying is that Umbrella could know we're coming?" He pointed the flashlight's beam around the room, aiming up toward the ceiling. "They're probably watching us right now... Complete rubbish." He looked down at the others. "You telling me one of you has the nerve to carry out what they want, still? To sabotage us?!"

Lalonde tilted her head as if considering the questions. "Far be it from me to theorize what it means for us to be alive. Perhaps it has something to with the soul where one more religious than I could make an assertion on the matter. All I know is what I have been told, and what I have been told is that our consciousnesses were transferred to these new bodies. How they gathered me must relate to that unlimited energy source of theirs..."

She leaned back a little, looking up at the ceiling. The woman seemed to be thinking deeply, smiling in a dull way that seemed to indicate she had gotten drunk before Alice had awoken. "I did die, yes. I found myself in a peculiar situation. I thought I could help another. I believed my daughter would be fine without me, but I ended up on the end of an unruly individual's sword. Perhaps it was fate, but... Hm."

She shrugged. "But now I am here, and everything is different now, dear."

@Yun Lee
"...I see." Alice didn't want to comment on the technical information anymore. All that mattered was that she was still here. But that begged the question... "Why save me, then? Am I going back to being one of their little soldiers? And what about you? Are you a member of Umbrella? What do you do here?" Alice had a feeling someone so drunk would not be allowed to go near medical equipment, or the ill in general.
@Atomyk @Afterlife

• Love
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Lucifer looked over at Jason. " I hate to refute your last point, but it doesn't necessarily have to be fire power or pyrotechnics, didn't some of us come here with weapons and objects from home? Perhaps Miss Twilight was one of those people and we should look around some more to see if we missed something.V

Lucifer sighed and he decided not to respond to Penny on that issue. There was a reason, but he wasn't about to bring it up when they were in a bad situation.

Penny studied the body for a bit

"This won't be the last body, I think. Any one of us could be next. Show of hands, who thinks we're safe?"​

"Are you blokes seriously considering searching every single gun between us to determine whether or not they've been fired?" Cullen asked incredulously. "We were in a battle not twenty minutes ago. Everyone's guns were fired." The boy rolled his eyes. "Do you think you're bloody CSI: Umbrella down here? Don't bother digging inside, it would take hours. Those bullets shatter inside the body-- That's why they hurt."

nemJaCC.png

Cullen gestured to one of the guns in Jason's possession. "Mate, I probably know more about every single weapon sticking out of your pants than just about any of you and I can tell you're going to waste your time. Umbrella had no interest in handing out anything fancy. It was all the same, standard issue. Submachine gun, M9, MP5, all the same ammunition. 9mm across the board. They probably don't even give their real troops much more than that. Even your regular guns were changed over unless some of you had some real special ammunition."

It would seem that all of the guns issued by Umbrella carried the same ammo type, so determining which one specifically was fired at Alice was impossible. At the very least, it seemed Ali's gun couldn't have been fired as it carried a totally different ammo type.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Darkseide @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Body Investigation

yVnAusF.png

Alucard's face was grim at the sight of a dead body.
Prior to that he had heard a loud noise, though he may not be familiar with those Umbrella was wielding, he knew it was the sound of a firearm. Others began looking for clues immediately, shining their light-source torches this way and that way. He had held up his arm in front of Hakuei and Road, as if to protect them - if the culprit was still lingering around. But as people bustled about, Alucard lowered his hand, looking cautiously around. It appears there were two bodies, and one was riddled with holes that were oozing with blood. Disgusting. The dhampir looked away for a moment to keep his composure.
"... Yes, we should gather those who have firearms - even if it is not their own."

@Atomyk @Hana @Azuremoon @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies

Ries04.png

"... Duly noted."

@Kaide` @Everyone
6qXzmZK.gif

"I too have superhuman strength."

Road had nothing to prove anything to anyone, even though she was probably the most suspicious. This might've come to a bit of a surprise though - through this entire ordeal she spent all of her time saying she was weak. It also wouldn't help her the grin on her face, but the circumstances that had appeared were... exciting.

"Nix on the fire though. Afraid I can't burn a thing."

"Oh- they experimented on you!?" Road chimed after Ries noted. "Ah- they remind me of my family. We turned little kids into monsters all the time."

To be honest, almost under any set of circumstances, Road probably would've just remained with this group until the chance arose to kill someone in front of Umbrella and return to the them. Morally, she was with them, but this damned urge for freedom was stronger.

"I hope we find who did it, if for no other reason then I can take that firearm and deafen them with it. I'd never even heard such a thing before that. Wouldn't who ever burnt the girl also have singed... something? Had it been fire, we'd have seen light. Let's search for burns and singes too."

@Atomyk @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Verite @Sen @Hana
"Oh, Azura don't look!"

hQhKw8V.png

The dhampir had made a move almost as if to protect them, and the princess shook her head. "Alucard? It is quite alright, there is no need for you to... Do that." It was appreciated, but unnecessary. She knew the killer likely wouldn't strike out now that everyone seemed alert. Hakuei had heard the deafening noise as well, akin to the sound of a cannon or one of the Kou empire's developed weaponry. She sucked in a breath upon seeing the corpse. "They were brutalized..." She wasn't quite aghast, but the earlier calmness and even goodwill among the group, she could tell, was quickly vanishing. At the prospect of a possible murderer in their midst, it wasn't surprising.

Her face felt a little pale at the sight of the unnatural way one of the bodies had been torn asunder with holes. They hadn't seen anything like that in her own world - the most savage attacks could be done with the right blade or weapon, or a rabid wild monster. It must have been one of the weapons - firearms, they called those - that could have done it.

MvH9pyf.png

Road's little outbursts were both confusing and a little troubling. The girl had already proven to be unpredictable in terms of temperament, and Hakuei only knew what was going on in her ally's head. It was, admittedly, almost... Disappointing. That the Road she and Alucard had felt both concern and worry for may have been nothing but just a front. The princess shook herself, remembering the look in those amber eyes earlier. Those weren't the eyes of a manipulator, back then.

"Road..." She spoke up, pursing her lips as an accusation was flung at Azura. Joshua didn't seem too offended, but the princess still looked over with some concern at the blue-haired lady. There was pain in the lady's features, but truthfully, she sided with Road at the moment. No one should look away right now. But this wasn't the time to be trying to stir up trouble in the group any further, either. Hakuei exhaled slowly, wearily chancing a look at Alucard.

For just a moment earlier, had she seen a flicker of discomfit on his face when he looked at the bodies? "What are you thinking?" The princess's voice was quiet, lowered so that only those close enough to her - Road and Alucard himself - could hear.

@Sen @Azuremoon @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @Mason Moretti @Verite @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Darkseide @Kaide`

Status
Not open for further replies.