Status
Not open for further replies.

"Can you both just shut the fuck up? You..." He said, pointing to Twisted Fate. "You ain't crazy. You're just stupid and reckless. Everyone's luck runs out eventually. I use'ta think that no one could touch me, that I was some god. Turns out I was just a punk kid with too much ambition. Took a good crowbar to the face t'get me to realize that.
Twisted Fate calmed down a little bit and looked in another direction.

"You know, I almost believe you. Considering that you ain't from my universe, I can't help but become ignorant to your words. Judging by all of your fancy gizmos, it seems that you don't know a thing about magic."
latest

Jaffar's empty gaze shifted towards Twisted Fate as the card slinger spoke. He then tilted his head to the side in thought at the mention of getting some other together. His gaze then shifted to both Joshua and Blake.

"Both have skill but if we run into a female they'll blow our cover in a heartbeat.... Perhaps if they could keep it down they would work..."

His next target was Azura..

"Songstress apparently... Her weapon might be difficult to keep concealed. Not a good candidate..."

Well that was about all the people he had spoken to considered. This didn't seem good so far.

"Need more time to think..." Jaffar spoke having been relaying information to Twisted Fate about the people he knew. Maybe that Alice girl would be useful here.

@Otto @Gummi Bunnies @The Myrmidon @Takumi @WhoeverElseWantsInOnThis..
Twisted Fate smiled at Jaffar.

"I'll leave ya to it, then."
James Proudstar - Warpath

James starts to get the food organized and work up a meal.

"Just putting in my two cents folks. I think I could work in either team. I think both will have their hands full. These umbrella people are very scientific. I worry that once we get to the damned device, none of us aside from shield or the Avengers will know how to work it. So I hope Director Fury, you'll have that covered when the time comes".
T.F paid attention to Warpath's little speech.​
" As far as crazy people ( he grins wide ) We've no shortage of those. I'm willing to work with anyone who has the same goal I do. To get home, and help shield get their gizmo back. I have experience working in a team. I am sorry I didn't socialize more earlier, but I had a lot of things dancing around in my head ".
"I appreciate your level of acceptance, but I'm afraid it may be your downfall. What if someone like Jinx blows somethin' up and it fucks up the mission? Then what?"

His eyes glinted blue for a brief moment. He sighed and said,

"I can already see it happenin'..."
fierce_heart_angry_by_arch_of_war-dau5589.png

With each word thrown out, my frown deepened. If it wasn't restricted by my face, it would have continued down till it reached the world's core and infected it with my disappointment. Flirting, friendly insults, etc. I could get. That was a healthy way to relive stress. This?

I shook my head.

This was like children arguing over who gets the toy!

"Jinx, you can make things go ka-boom later and Fate, come along, it's time for us to join another group!" I merrily shouted and walked away, thrusting out a hand in front of me.

The winds also picked up in a attempt to nudge Fate if he didn't move as well. I wasn't giving him any choice in the matter because it felt like my tolerance dam of bullshit was about to burst and that would only add to the flood of rage going on right now.

@Otto @C.T. @thatguyinthestore @Gands @MetalNova @Atomyk @Furies Group
The wind knocked off Twisted Fate's hat. He stared at Ali with a furious look on his face. Tip: Don't mess with T.F's hat. T.F began to speak calmly, but each word was enunciated with irritation. As he slowly picked it up, he said,

"Nobody. Touches. The. Hat."

He placed it back on his head. His expression no longer held any anger afterward.

"Lead the way, Tempest-Man."

@Gands @Archwar @C.T. @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Crimson Spartan @People.​

Last edited:
Ada thought for a second. "I... Freelance." She said. Again, it was true.
Jason shrugged before leaning back onto the crate behind him.

"Yeah. I guess you could say that I do that, except on a higher scale."

@Minerva

Lucifer pointed to the liquor that he acquired earlier. He wondered if the other man was paying attention. He poured the liquor into the two flask. Hopefully, there would be enough to last a while. " He must be around here somewhere. Maybe he is somewhere else in the room."

Penny had noticed the Flask earlier, but had been more distracted by the sudden disappearance of Eliot.
"One will never really know what Eliot is up to, unless he's in your sight."
Now that his flask is filled again, there is liquid pleasure to be had, when needed.

Considering they were going to be fighting soon, a break like this made sense, at least to Shirou. Even as Fury shouted at their shenanigans, he just continued to sit around with a smirk on his face. They couldn't train to get stronger, they couldn't go scouting out their enemies right now, and he hardly knew the majority of the people here. Trying to completely coordinate with them would probably be worse than him just acting out on his own.

At least, in his judgment. And for Shirou Yusa, that was all the judgment that mattered.

A yawn escaped him. He took another look at the girl, and seriously hoped that she was just happy he'd helped her with the whole "kissing for energy" thing, and not his sarcastic declaration of "undying love." Cause if it was the latter, he didn't want to be the one to break it to her, but the duty would undoubtedly fall to him in any case. ...Unless he played it particularly skillfully, maybe. But in any case.

"Man, I'm tired. Wake me up when it's time to go, Setsuna."

"Or if they make us food."

@Hospes
rsz_90593_by_teh_zombish-dat80hc.jpg

Noticing Shirou's yawning, Setsuna gave the redhead a look, seeming rather engaged in her task... Which, currently, was nothing. "Do you require sleep, Shirou? I could try to find you a pillow, if you like..." she offered, though it was doubtful anything of the sort would merely be lying around the warehouse. Regardless, his words earned a nod. "As you wish, Shirou." A pause. "...If you are hungry, I could find something to make you." Well, she was a go-getter. But at least the latter was more probable. She could always just ask that guy that had been attacking some of their group earlier if he had any spare food.

...Or a stove.

Okay, maybe it wasn't all that likely. But she was trying.

@Kaykay

Lucifer wondered if Penny cared for Eliot in a friend way or something more. He didn't want to pry though, as that seemed to be annoy the other man, based on what he had learned earlier in their conversation. Lucifer slid his flask into his jacket pocket to keep it safe. " Well, I guess it is good you know your friend well enough to realize that.," he said to Penny.

@Verite @Darkseide

Twisted Fate calmed down a little bit and looked in another direction.

"You know, I almost believe you. Considering that you ain't from my universe, I can't help but become ignorant to your words. Judging by all of your fancy gizmos, it seems that you don't know a thing about magic."

Twisted Fate smiled at Jaffar.

"I'll leave ya to it, then."

T.F paid attention to Warpath's little speech.​

"I appreciate your level of acceptance, but I'm afraid it may be your downfall. What if someone like Jinx blows somethin' up and it fucks up the mission? Then what?"

His eyes glinted blue for a brief moment. He sighed and said,

"I can already see it happenin'..."

The wind knocked off Twisted Fate's hat. He stared at Ali with a furious look on his face. Tip: Don't mess with T.F's hat. T.F began to speak calmly, but each word was enunciated with irritation. As he slowly picked it up, he said,

"Nobody. Touches. The. Hat."

He placed it back on his head. His expression no longer held any anger afterward.

"Lead the way, Tempest-Man."

@Gands @Archwar @C.T. @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Crimson Spartan @People.​

fierce_heart_smiling_by_arch_of_war-datqiny.png

A small smile grew on my face and a soft chuckle escaped my lips. It held no mocking or mischievous tone as I hadn't meant to blow his hat off.

"But I didn't touch your hat, the wind did," I lifted my hands up in a surrender gesture,"and are you giving me the go ahead to pick the group?"

If he was giving me the option, I better not pick the flirt squad. Fate apparently had his panties in a twist when it involves lovey-dovey people.

@Otto @C.T. @MetalNova @Gands @Atomyk @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @Furies Group

Reactions: Otto
Lucifer wondered if Penny cared for Eliot in a friend way or something more. He didn't want to pry though, as that seemed to be annoy the other man, based on what he had learned earlier in their conversation. Lucifer slid his flask into his jacket pocket to keep it safe. " Well, I guess it is good you know your friend well enough to realize that.," he said to Penny.

It's more like almost everything annoys Penny, and he has to put up with it. So he does, as much as he can.

"Comes from attending the same school and sort of having the same 'friend' group. So what are we supposed to do now? Sit and wait for something? Or can we get some food? I'm hungry"​

James starts handing out plates with hamburgers and chips.

( To Lucifer ) Hey there, can you give me a hand, start passing these out while I finish cooking the last of them ! '

@LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Darkseide @Hospes
Jason would reach over and grab a burger and a bag of chips before looking to Warpath before taking a bite of the burger. Upon taking the bite, Jason had several questions.

Is this what heaven felt like?

Is the second coming of Christ a burger?

Can he have more?

"These are amazing! Where the hell did you learn to cook?"

@Gands @BurgerTime!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Archwar
Jason shrugged before leaning back onto the crate behind him.

"Yeah. I guess you could say that I do that, except on a higher scale."

@Minerva

Ada chuckled. "Well, we're two minds of the same kind, then. Where do you come from?"

Lucifer wondered if Chloe was wondering or worrying about him. Was anyone even noticing that he was gone? He sighed and pushed that thought away.

" I am sure that there is some food lying around here somewhere," Lucifer trailed off and noticed that one of the other people that had come with some food and was handing it out. Well, that was coincidental.

Lucifer grabbed two plates and handed one to Penny. He could use some food.

" I believe that I can manage that." He turned to Penny and smiled. " Maybe I can find Eliot this way," he added.

Linda took some food and ate it. " This is good...almost as good as sex with Lucifer," she said, smiling at James and muttering the last bit of her sentence.

@Gands @Darkseide @Hospes @thatguyinthestore

Ada chuckled. "Well, we're two minds of the same kind, then. Where do you come from?"
Jason swallowed his bit of the burger before sitting down in a chair nearby.

.eJwNy0sOgyAUAMC7cAB4H356GUOQoIkCAbpqeveyn_mKT3_ELq4529iVOu8Raz_lmLWHnGSuNT8ptHvIWF8V5gzxelOZQ6Ej9qwdGoaNNTlS5FBbMgYQCTQDeIUal3H2QLst5pkNERAcqxOTcf4ospUsfn_-6ye0.AHOuqrjr3RhsfLNFPSEBUXr_A0s

"I'm from Gotham City. It's a pretty big city up in New Jersey, though I don't think it's in your universe. What about you?"

@Minerva

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"First Blood"

Believing that the situation had been discussed thoroughly enough, Nick Fury felt it was time to get moving. "Enough dawdling, people!" he barked for all to hear. "You will follow me now. You can come on out now, Miss Maximoff." He left the room, walking into the deeper parts of the warehouse to where a new individual had been waiting. "This should be suitable back-up now."

tumblr_inline_oi02ji0HGI1uxo55n_540.png

"..."

A silent young woman stepped out from the shadows as she was called out. One had to wonder if she was there all that time or had just arrived, but perhaps, either way, it mattered little. If Fury wanted her along, then that must mean that she could be of some use, most likely.

"Oh la la~" Adam said, licking his lips. He looked Wanda up and down and felt his cheeks redden. "Why is she here? Moral support?"

"Sure," Fury said, ushering everyone along once again. "Let's go with that."

Past rows of empty shelves and abandoned storage crates was a ladder that went up to the room above. He pointed to a heavy door nearby and said, "That's where we came in, but you're not going that way. Up this ladder and make it quick."

In the room above, everyone had to crouch down due to the low ceiling. Fury pushed aside a shelf to reveal a hatch that went up into the room above. He tossed a flashlight to Scott before opening the hatch, revealing a dark passage.

"This leads to a water treatment facility. The outpost was originally intended to be self-sufficient, so sewage came through here, some of it being recycled as drinking water." He gave the passage a sidelong glance. "Don't drink the water now. It's been abandoned for a while, and it doesn't seem Umbrella has decided to make us of it. It's gonna damn hard to see, so stick by Mr. Lang and he'll lead you to the next floor. His... unique skillset should aid you in infiltrating the building."

In a few minutes, everyone would have climbed inside, finding themselves in a dark tunnel, where the only light was from Scott's flashlight and the open door below them.

"Once this door closes, it will not open again. We won't be able to extract you, at least not until the other members of the Avengers have breached Umbrella's security. Do not panic and do not let us down. Good luck." With that, Fury closed the hatch shut and all was quiet.

tumblr_o6tm3mZQUs1vsdx6yo2_400.jpg

Scott, who had donned his Ant-Man suit well before the group had left to infiltrate the facility, gave a wave to everybody around.

"Just let me lead the way, team. I've got friends who live down here who managed to tell me about the layout, and it can be pretty easy to get lost in if you don't know your way around," he advised, walking in front of the group.

Ries18.png

"... Friends?" Riesbyfe inquired with something of a deadpan expression. She couldn't fathom what sort of friends Scott could possibly have been talking about. She almost entertained the thought of Morlocks for a moment, straight out of a certain late 19th-century novella, but perhaps that was too crude even for her and the given situation.

The group navigated the dark tunnel for a few minutes, eventually coming to an open area with a pool of water and a dull emergency light flashing above. More tunnels branched off from this point, and the group was forced to linger while Scott tried to figure out the map in his possession.

All seemed calm, at least until a gunshot went off and took out the light above. Scott ended up dropping his flashlight in surprise and it shut off as it smashed against the ground, plunging the group into darkness.

Moments after the flashlight shut off, sounds of shuffling could be heard. Scott yelped and bright lights illuminated the entrance to one of the tunnels. This naturally grabbed attention, but as some stepped forward cautiously to investigate, there was the sound of something smashing against the ground, followed by a burst of gunfire.

Cullen had managed to find the flashlight in the dark, turning it on to illuminate the direction of the sounds, revealing a grisly sight: Alice Twilight's dead body.

9CSLYXk.png

"We just started..." Cullen said quietly.

"W-Woah! Oh, shit! Shit, shit, shit! We're all gonna fucking die down here, huh? Who the hell did this?! Aren't we the only fuckin' ones down here?" Adam looked wildly around. "Yo, Avengers! Ant guy! Hot goth chick! Do something!"

"Where is Scott...?" Riesbyfe asked.

Continued here.

The world had gone dark, but soon everything was white. Feeling a numb pain across her body, Alice would awake in what appeared to be some kind of medical center. A female voice spoke to her, "How are you feeling, dear?"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @TheMythicThird @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @DBZ7 @penguin055 @Bomb @TheColourlessRainbow @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Nater Taters @Verite @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @Hachiro Terra @Azuremoon

Last edited:
Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"First Blood"

Believing that the situation had been discussed thoroughly enough, Nick Fury felt it was time to get moving. "Enough dawdling, people!" he barked for all to hear. "You will follow me now. You can come on out now, Miss Maximoff." He left the room, walking into the deeper parts of the warehouse to where a new individual had been waiting. "This should be suitable back-up now."

"..."

A silent young woman stepped out from the shadows as she was called out. One had to wonder if she was there all that time or had just arrived, but perhaps, either way, it mattered little. If Fury wanted her along, then that must mean that she could be of some use, most likely.

"Oh la la~" Adam said, licking his lips. He looked Wanda up and down and felt his cheeks redden. "Why is she here? Moral support?"

Past rows of empty shelves and abandoned storage crates was a ladder that went up to the room above. He pointed to a heavy door nearby and said, "That's where we came in, but you're not going that way. Up this ladder and make it quick."

In the room above, everyone had to crouch down due to the low ceiling. Fury pushed aside a shelf to reveal a hatch that went up into the room above. He tossed a flashlight to Scott before opening the hatch, revealing a dark passage.

"This leads to a water treatment facility. The outpost was originally intended to be self-sufficient, so sewage came through here, some of it being recycled as drinking water." He gave the passage a sidelong glance. "Don't drink the water now. It's been abandoned for a while, and it doesn't seem Umbrella has decided to make us of it. It's gonna damn hard to see, so stick by Mr. Lang and he'll lead you to the next floor. His... unique skillset should aid you in infiltrating the building."

In a few minutes, everyone would have climbed inside, finding themselves in a dark tunnel, where the only light was from Scott's flashlight and the open door below them.

"Once this door closes, it will not open again. We won't be able to extract you, at least not until the other members of the Avengers have breached Umbrella's security. Do not panic and do not let us down. Good luck." With that, Fury closed the hatch shut and all was quiet.

Scott, who had donned his Ant-Man suit well before the group had left to infiltrate the facility, gave a wave to everybody around.

"Just let me lead the way, team. I've got friends who live down here who managed to tell me about the layout, and it can be pretty easy to get lost in if you don't know your way around," he advised, walking in front of the group.

Ries18.png

"... Friends?" Riesbyfe inquired with something of a deadpan expression. She couldn't fathom what sort of friends Scott could possibly have been talking about. She almost entertained the thought of Morlocks for a moment, straight out of a certain late 19th-century novella, but perhaps that was too crude even for her and the given situation.

The group navigated the dark tunnel for a few minutes, eventually coming to an open area with a pool of water and a dull emergency light flashing above. More tunnels branched off from this point, and the group was forced to linger while Scott tried to figure out the map in his possession.

All seemed calm, at least until a gunshot went off and took out the light above. Scott ended up dropping his flashlight in surprise and it shut off as it smashed against the ground, plunging the group into darkness.

Moments after the flashlight shut off, sounds of shuffling could be heard. Scott yelped and bright lights illuminated the entrance to one of the tunnels. This naturally grabbed attention, but as some stepped forward cautiously to investigate, there was the sound of something smashing against the ground, followed by a burst of gunfire.

Cullen had managed to find the flashlight in the dark, turning it on to illuminate the direction of the sounds, revealing a grisly sight: Alice Twilight's dead body.

9CSLYXk.png

"W-Woah! Oh, shit! Shit, shit, shit! We're all gonna fucking die down here, huh? Who the hell did this?! Aren't we the only fuckin' ones down here?" Adam looked wildly around. "Yo, Avengers! Ant guy! Hot goth chick! Do something!"

The world had gone dark, but soon everything was white. Feeling a numb pain across her body, Alice would awake in what appeared to be some kind of medical center. A female voice spoke to her, "How are you feeling, dear?"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @TheMythicThird @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @DBZ7 @penguin055 @Bomb @TheColourlessRainbow @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Nater Taters @Verite @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @Hachiro Terra @Azuremoon
As they entered the room Jason would tug out a flashlight and begin to search around.

ArkGen01.PNG

"Ugh... it smells like shit in here." Jason commented as he began to look around some. But, of course, the gunshut that went off made Jason jump as well, causing him to drop his flashlight too. Unlike Cullen, Jason wouldn't have been able to find his flashlight, causing him to grab his visor and put it on so he could see. Then there was multiple fire, though in all the commotion Jason couldn't identify who was causing it. When the fire finally ceased Jason caught glimpse of Alice's dead body, causing him to gag a little.

"Ungh... Jesus Christ." He muttered under his visor before turning on detective mode and scanning the body for any evidence. Once Jason found where the bullet hit Alice, he would try and locate the trajectory of the bullet to determine where it was fired from.

@Atomyk @AliceInvestigation

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"First Blood"

"..."

Ries18.png

9CSLYXk.png

Pain.

You got used to it, when you were an assassin. Causing it, feeling it, pain was a daily experience in Alice's line of work.

But this pain was different, not a cut you could apply a bandage to, not a broken bone that could mend. The pain she felt as she gasped awake was something new entirely...as was the place she woke up in, and the woman there to greet her.

Looking around at the room she was in, Alice looked at the woman. "...Who are you?"

@Atomyk @Afterlife​

James wolfed down his hamburger, Leaving the bag of chips, taking a bottled water. He followed quickly along following someone he didn't recognize. He was on alert now, both knives out. As the lights went out, he closed one eye to protect his night vision. Then the shots. With what little he could see with his excellent senses, there were two people close to the fallen body. He couldn't make out more than that. He was suspicious. It could have been nearly anyone.. but.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @C.T. @thatguyinthestore @Minerva

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"First Blood"

"..."

Ries18.png

9CSLYXk.png

As they entered the room Jason would tug out a flashlight and begin to search around.

ArkGen01.PNG

"Ugh... it smells like shit in here." Jason commented as he began to look around some. But, of course, the gunshut that went off made Jason jump as well, causing him to drop his flashlight too. Unlike Cullen, Jason wouldn't have been able to find his flashlight, causing him to grab his visor and put it on so he could see. Then there was multiple fire, though in all the commotion Jason couldn't identify who was causing it. When the fire finally ceased Jason caught glimpse of Alice's dead body, causing him to gag a little.

"Ungh... Jesus Christ." He muttered under his visor before turning on detective mode and scanning the body for any evidence. Once Jason found where the bullet hit Alice, he would try and locate the trajectory of the bullet to determine where it was fired from.

@Atomyk @AliceInvestigation
Joshua joined Jason in examining the body, his expression stoic and without the usual smile he carried at all times. It seemed the death had struck him and ruined any of the mirth he would usually have. "It's always an awful occasion to lose a comrade..." The mercenary muttered as he looked over Alice's corpse.

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan

I let out a sad sigh and slumped my shoulders when Fury shoved us into a water treatment facility without letting me and Fate pick a group. Oh well, we can always just pick a group and go on. A woman did join us, but I didn't see her after Fury locked us in the tunnels. We went through the dark tunnels, my eyes alert and darting, till we reached a fork in the road and Tail-Turner fumbled around with his map.

So while we waited, I pulled out a flintlock gun, rubbed my index and thumb together to cast a small flame, and began eyeing it for any possible repairs I had to make in the near-future.

Then I heard a slash with the light going and I rolled my eyes. Butter fingers.

I jumped when a thunderous clap pierced my ears and turned to see that in the light provided by a flashlight a corpse of the woman who helped us fight Ant-Man. Someone was already investigating it and as they did, I could only sigh. Well, this was to be expected, Umbrella would have guards down here.

Also Scott was missing.

"Everyone keep your guard up!" I yelled as I moved to the corpse. I heard something smash into the ground. Could have been just the body, but it was better to check to see if anything else dropped as well and we didn't hear it because of the gunfire.

Once I reached Alice, I began looking for anything that might have recently dropped.

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Alicecrew

Mid-Chapter Update
"First Blood"

"..."

Ries18.png

9CSLYXk.png

It felt as if their break was all too short lived, and before long the whole group was to embark deeper into the facility. Opting to more or less stick close to the newly formed "Team Clockwork", Miku found herself on unusually high alert. If something was able to give her the creeps, it was definitely a place like this. Cramped, damp, and with limited lighting. It felt like it belonged out of a horror movie.

Gunfire.

The now-familiar sound of firearms going off rang throughout, making Miku jump and frantically try and find the source of it all with the poor lighting conditions. Had an enemy found them? Would they have to fight again, already?

Unfortunately, the answer to her frantic thoughts was one she could have lived without.
Ej9cSBo.png

"..." Eyes wide, a mix of shock and horror painted on the android's face. There was no way. No way she could be dead on the ground like that. She'd considered Alice her friend. They were going to look out for each other. They were going to be a team.

Maybe such optimism didn't have a place here, after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.