Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda looked over at the other woman. " Nope, I have never been shown this game as a kid. Then again, I didn't learn much about other cultures until after I got my job," she admitted, listening to what the woman was saying. It seemed simple enough to her.
Ada laughed again. "I thought it was one of those games everyone had." She started moving her fingers in such a way to get the formation of the first shape. "Would you like to play to pass the time?"
Removing herself from the now pretty concentrated group of people, Miku scanned the small confinement chamber they were being kept in. It's then when she noticed two people keeping to themselves in the corner, one of whom appearing to be playing with something in her hands. String?

Gingerly moving her way over towards them, she gently clasped her hands behind her, curiously eyeing the string Ada had wrapped around her fingers. "What are you doing with your fingers there?"
BcVoUe1.png

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva

• @Takumi @The Myrmidon @Crow

Naomi took a moment to process what Joshua had said. "Grado... Magvel... Both things I've never heard of, you're right. I think this means we can safely assume..."

She took another second to collect her thoughts before she continued, "Yes, we've all been collected from different worlds. At the very least, different planets. However, as interplanetary travel isn't that feasible, and most planets would notice actual aliem abduction, we might be dealing with the scale of multiple universes. It would explain a lot of things here.

"The only question left now is who those people on the other side of the glass are and why they gathered us all here."

Naomi couldn't help but notice Cagliostro's declaration of her identity, which reminded her that she had not introduced her own to Azura or Joshua.

"Excuse me. I've forgotten to introduce myself. I'm Doctor Naomi Kimishima. I'm a medical examiner. I was currently living in America before we were all stolen away to here."

• @Bomb

Navel replied, "I definitely come from a world where you guys don't exist. I believe most people here are from different worlds from each other, with the exception of those who came here in pairs.

"I think I saw another Pokémon around here. Maybe he is a friend of yours? He was kinda blueish, and wore some kind of green scarf or ascot."
    Little Guy scanned around the room, but the Riolu he saw was nowhere in his line of sight. "I wonder where exactly he went..."
Nt5Hfn3.png

"Another Pokemon? Is there really another one in here?" Doremi would ask as she floats around the cube looking for this so called blue Pokemon.

As Jabber realizes he was being searched for, he didn't want himself to be revealed to the Meloetta yet, maybe because he's shy? He quickly moved around in the opposite direction.

@Mason Moretti

"Noah was the architect of the Ark that allowed humanity to survive God's great flood. With the help of God's fallen Angel, Lucifer, Noah and his family were given the power to do great things. The Ark was a great device that allowed humanity to transverse space and time and return to our world when our land was ours again. " From her hips, the Noah's hands moved to behind her head and fingers laced between one another. She supported her own head, still reeling from her mishap with the Door, and thinned her gazed as the noise and number of bodies around her increased.

"Riddled with guilt that most of humanities blood had been on his hands, Noah declared War on the betrayer, God. The Family, and Noah himself, saw to the death of Lucifer in an attempt to gain more power to use against God, and were successful. We used the blood of the Fallen Angel to manufacture... Akuma. Demons. Malignant remains of poor souls.

"God, in all his grandeur, lead what was left of humanity away from Noah, in cowardice, and forced the very people my grandfather saved to hunt us all down. We were overwhelmed by sheer numbers and died. Crucified, the same as God's boy the first time around. Now our genes travel through most of the population, and once a generation, we are revived to try-try again"

The unfiltered tale of Noah, that she was sure she'd told hundreds of time in her own world sounded very rehearsed and almost as if the tale had come to bore Road.

"Any questions, tart?"

@Sen @Verite @Cromartie Sarkissian @Crow @Hana @Josh M

F8IQZXA.webp

"None for now," Cagliostro responds, "this 'Noah' individual... he has loose similiarities to one of many Primal Beasts that partook in a great war, the Ferryman of the Stars' Boundaries, the similiarities end at being an architect of Arks. Apparently he creates his own floods too, as part of his capabilities. He's just a sticky note in a large book to me, though, and he has no noteworthy contributions to the world beyond being a small scrap of a larger legend-filled Skydom, his legends and contributions not as notable as other Primal Beasts such as Yggdrasil and Leviathan, who either provide grear life or sick extreme destruction.

Ah, war, that is certainly something that gives birth to new concepts and evolves current ones, no matter the plane of existence. Your kind is a most interesting concept, however. Are you implying that these genes carry... memories of past generations?"
@Sen @Verite @Cromartie Sarkissian @Crow @Hana @Azuremoon @Josh M

Last edited:
"That I am, though I don't think about it often. The way you describe your queen reminds me of the late queen of Hoshido, Queen Makoto. She was a lovely and kind woman I had the chance of meeting and getting to know her for a time." she explained.

"Hm, they have this planned out quite well...it's rather concerning." Azura muttered as she glanced to the scientists in question before glancing to the others she was talking to.

@The Myrmidon @Mason Moretti
"Heh, that does sound like Queen Ismaire..." Joshua chuckled with a weak smile before turning thoughtful, a dull sadness filling his eyes, "Though I hope she made time for her family as well...matters of state can sometimes make us forget those we care about most... And nothing is more tragic than a family separated by duty."

"But what do I know? I'm simply a sellsword with no real loyalty outside of my homeland," And back to smiles and chuckles once again, the swordsman stretching a little as he tried to work out a cramp he was forming from standing around so much, "Why wouldn't they plan it out more? If they want to keep us here, it ought to be obvious that they would plan it out well."

@Takumi @Mason Moretti

Removing herself from the now pretty concentrated group of people, Miku scanned the small confinement chamber they were being kept in. It's then when she noticed two people keeping to themselves in the corner, one of whom appearing to be playing with something in her hands. String?

Gingerly moving her way over towards them, she gently clasped her hands behind her, curiously eyeing the string Ada had wrapped around her fingers. "What are you doing with your fingers there?"
BcVoUe1.png

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva
"Playing Cat's Cradle. It's a relatively simple game." Ada said, looking down at the string woven in a shape. "All one of you has to do is grab the points where those strings cross, pull it underneath, then pull it up. Then the string should be in your hands."

cats4.jpg

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaide`

tumblr_inline_ng0i8dXyRM1shpc29.png

"... oh."

Blake just stopped himself once Jaffar said that, and hearing what Cagliostro's words meant, he had some awkward silence settle in before going on to say...

"Wait a minute, that's another way of saying that you wanna spar, right? Then I'm up for that! It's not like my skill is hindered by the lack of a weapon, and it will make due as good practice..."

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @thatguyinthestore @others lol​
Okay...

Jaffar was able to determine one thing about Blake. That being that Blake had to be really dense as it seemed nothing he was doing was getting through to Blake that he simply wanted to be left alone. So as silent as ever Jaffar simply turned to his right and started to walk to another section of the the glass box hopefully away from Blake.

@Gummi Bunnies @OtherPeepsAround​

F8IQZXA.webp

"None for now," Cagliostro responds, "this 'Noah' individual... he has loose similiarities to one of many Primal Beasts that partook in a great war, the Ferryman of the Stars' Boundaries, the similiarities end at being an architect of Arks. Apparently he creates his own floods too, as part of his capabilities. He's just a sticky note in a large book to me, though, and he has no noteworthy contributions to the world beyond being a small scrap of a larger legend-filled Skydom, his legends and contributions not as notable as other Primal Beasts such as Yggdrasil and Leviathan, who either provide grear life or sick extreme destruction.

Ah, war, that is certainly something that gives birth to new concepts and evolves current ones, no matter the plane of existence. Your kind is a most interesting concept, however. Are you implying that these genes carry... memories of past generations?"

"What a riveting conversation..." 18 deadpanned not quite paying attention to the discussion at hand. The only thing she cared for was to have her daughter back in her arms and her husband by her side. She wasn't going let these lab coats have their way with her or anyone else here. "Maybe save the philosophical mumbo jumbo after we get out of here."
@Sen @Verite @Cromartie Sarkissian @Crow @Hana @Azuremoon @Josh M @Crow

Reactions: Mason Moretti

• "Please, understand I know only a couple steps more than you." her hands fell onto her hips, and this caused the ivory colored fabric to puff out a bit more that it originally did, "Perhaps they are the sheep to our war. Something to be fought over once everything lights up - winners get to eat, and argue over her gets the biggest piece-" This idea brought a hideous grin onto the young girl's face, and it was painted obvious she wasn't exactly joking. "Though my world is pretty ripe with cute, magical creatures that might just kill ya' if you're not careful. They mystical golem, Timcampy. Lero. My dear sweet Akuma."

Something about how the girl moved betrayed her intent. Her face screamed sweet and innocent - sure a bit conceded, but a monster. The way her formed moved though, was an entirely different matter. Who knows. If they were told to gut each other or die, she might be the first to strike... or the first to defend.

"Noah was the architect of the Ark that allowed humanity to survive God's great flood. With the help of God's fallen Angel, Lucifer, Noah and his family were given the power to do great things. The Ark was a great device that allowed humanity to transverse space and time and return to our world when our land was ours again. " From her hips, the Noah's hands moved to behind her head and fingers laced between one another. She supported her own head, still reeling from her mishap with the Door, and thinned her gazed as the noise and number of bodies around her increased.

"Riddled with guilt that most of humanities blood had been on his hands, Noah declared War on the betrayer, God. The Family, and Noah himself, saw to the death of Lucifer in an attempt to gain more power to use against God, and were successful. We used the blood of the Fallen Angel to manufacture... Akuma. Demons. Malignant remains of poor souls.

"God, in all his grandeur, lead what was left of humanity away from Noah, in cowardice, and forced the very people my grandfather saved to hunt us all down. We were overwhelmed by sheer numbers and died. Crucified, the same as God's boy the first time around. Now our genes travel through most of the population, and once a generation, we are revived to try-try again"

The unfiltered tale of Noah, that she was sure she'd told hundreds of time in her own world sounded very rehearsed and almost as if the tale had come to bore Road.

"Any questions, tart?"

A shudder suddenly invaded the young girl and she, quite noticeably trembled, a short breath even escaped her mouth before her gaze turned to the man who had been eyeing her. He appeared human, and she had made note of his aura before but.... something about him. He reminded her of her dear Millineum Earl. Her amber eyes, much like that of a Sith Lord's peered at him from the group that had formed around them, and in her eyes... it was clear as spring water she knew he was hiding something dark. Something powerful. Something she could relate too.

The girl felt her mullers sink into the meat of her cheek as her stare continued, and she reached out with the darkness of Noah. This force was very similar to the energy of his own universe, and had they not been in this room, Road might've been able to converse with him via telepathy. No luck here though, instead... her calling card. The song of her people, and much like Road's current facade, it's words meant little while it's dark meaning was spelt out through feeling. The Lullaby of Road would echo in this Sheev Palpatine's ear, and it could loosely be interpreted as... and handshake. An alliance.

"There is a clear line between what some consider good and evil, and that distinction is not hard to make at face value"

It almost appeared Road was ready to fight again. Her brow furrowed, and eyes sharpened. A step took her closer to Clark, and her eyes spoke a epic that she dare not speak. She didn't know what this man was capable of, but he sure seemed to see in black and white. No gray in his moral compass.

"My power is a different sort, Bumpkin. It has noting to do with the ability to cease atrocities or genocide. I don't know if such power is within your grasp, but... I am curious to find out...."

AC18V73.jpg

Zerberus was then think of something to past the time........he then got an idea. He maneuvers in the crowd to get to Naomi.....he rubbed the back of his head.

"Um.....excuse me M-miss Naomi......sorry about ealier......I didn't get to properly introduce myself....I'm Z-Z-Zerberus, a Key-blade wielder...."

He bows as he then looked at her with a nervous smile on his face.

"Would y-you like to h-h-hear a riddle?"
    @Mason Moretti @Anyone

"That I am, though I don't think about it often. The way you describe your queen reminds me of the late queen of Hoshido, Queen Makoto. She was a lovely and kind woman I had the chance of meeting and getting to know her for a time." she explained.

"Hm, they have this planned out quite well...it's rather concerning." Azura muttered as she glanced to the scientists in question before glancing to the others she was talking to.

@The Myrmidon @Mason Moretti

Nt5Hfn3.png

"Another Pokemon? Is there really another one in here?" Doremi would ask as she floats around the cube looking for this so called blue Pokemon.

As Jabber realizes he was being searched for, he didn't want himself to be revealed to the Meloetta yet, maybe because he's shy? He quickly moved around in the opposite direction.

@Mason Moretti

F8IQZXA.webp

"Heh, that does sound like Queen Ismaire..." Joshua chuckled with a weak smile before turning thoughtful, a dull sadness filling his eyes, "Though I hope she made time for her family as well...matters of state can sometimes make us forget those we care about most... And nothing is more tragic than a family separated by duty."

"But what do I know? I'm simply a sellsword with no real loyalty outside of my homeland," And back to smiles and chuckles once again, the swordsman stretching a little as he tried to work out a cramp he was forming from standing around so much, "Why wouldn't they plan it out more? If they want to keep us here, it ought to be obvious that they would plan it out well."

@Takumi @Mason Moretti
    "What a riveting conversation..." 18 deadpanned not quite paying attention to the discussion at hand. The only thing she cared for was to have her daughter back in her arms and her husband by her side. She wasn't going let these lab coats have their way with her or anyone else here. "Maybe save the philosophical mumbo jumbo after we get out of here."

• @Takumi @The Myrmidon @Crow @Hana
    @Sen @Verite @Josh M @Mami Tomoe
    @Azuremoon @Cromartie Sarkissian @Hachiro Terra @Jeremi
    @Mason Moretti #Team Alchemagic

Unfortunately, no cell phone was to be found in Dr. Kimishima's pocket.

The discussion going on in the group sparked ideas in her mind. Her allies in this cage showed many similarities between their worlds. Naomi began searching for connections between her own world and the ones of her allies, but instead found a connection to the world they found themselves in.

Cold, dark memories sliced into her consciousness. Memories intentionally locked away of Naomi's past sins resurface. Memories that she promised Little Guy that she wouldn't speak of matched the situation they were in, but reversed.

She wished not to talk about them, but made a note to herself,
    "The scientists here seem like the ones at Delphi. If that's the case, then I assume there's some greater power or magic here that they are attempting to master. We would best be on guard..."

She cleared her throat in an attempt to gain the attention of those around her.

"I don't mean to be rude and interrupt, but I think it would be best to keep a watchful eye on our captors. They're keeping their guard up against us. We should be ready in case we need to guard against them."

• @Bomb #Poké Squad

Navel sighs. He decides to play along with the game that Jabbers is playing. He runs in the direction opposite direction of Doremi as well, hoping to "pin" Jabbers between them.

" Hello Ren, I'm Clark. Given the situation it's still good to meet you. You're more than welcome to stay with us. As for why we're here? I don't know, and I'm getting sick of that."

"Batman?"

Puzzled by one the name at first, Clark quickly shook his head in disagreement, not even entertaining the Arkham Knight's idea.

"For someone who claims to know me, you sure seem like you don't."

@Crow @Hana @Azuremoon @Verite @Sen @thatguyinthestore
Jason shrugged before nodding.

"Oh right, right. I forgot that you're past Supes for a second. Basically you and a bunch'a other freaks start a little boy band and you go around fighting alien's 'n shit. One of 'em is Batman, a guy who runs around dressed like a Bat who I also happen to hate with a passion."
F8IQZXA.webp

"Clark, was it?" Cagliostro says in her serious voice while holding her laughter, "your words are mildly entertaining. Humanity's pretty ugly once you peel the layers of their mind, selfish and only caring for their own, justifying it as unity by performing their selfish deeds as a group, when in reality, each one only has their own interests at heart. Life isn't all Sunshine and Rainbows, and that's why you have to make your own, and that's why you exist.

Well, I think I'm sounding like a little hypocrite, because I think I've gained a little liking for some of these people here. Still...

I wonder - in your eyes, is good the absence of evil, or is evil the absence of good?

I won't say that you're entirely wrong though, but the Arkham Knight here's got a more valid point. I should know, because I've been... disagreed with before, for the lack of better words. You of all people should know, being scorned for the power that makes you one tier over humanity. Surely you have had... opposing views with others before, right? Disagreed with to the point of conflict and fear of others. To the eyes of some, you may be percieved as 'evil' for opposing their views.

Right now, everyone is agreeing on something, everyone has the same point of view - we all wish to leave this place. We are all of the same faction, whether or not deep inside, we are only thinking about ourselves."

Noting Clark's surprise after mentioning 'Batman', Cagliostro adds, "maybe he knows you more than you know yourself. The worlds beyond are a funny place. It is important to consider all possibilities."

@Josh M @thatguyinthestore

Jason would then look down at the young one and nod a bit.

"Yeah. I used to think that everything was black and white. That there were only two sides to everything. But after you've seen what I saw? You'd change your perspective. Think about it. Usually when two people are fighting, they both believe that their point of view is the right one. Sure, who you think is wrong may appear as a villain to you, but to others, and themselves, they think differently."

@Crow @Josh M @others

tiK576Y.png

"Yes, this 'multiverse theory' would provide answers for many of my questions." That he could admit. That uneasy feeling had not yet subsided. "No, I am afraid those terms are not familiar to me." He had read the Bible before, but if she was from another world, the contents would be different, he guessed. That Noah girl that had spoken earlier as well, he could only assume from what he knew where he came from.

"I may not know what your world is like, but I appreciate the existence of your Church. At least our worlds have something against vile creatures like demons that roam the world of men."
Ries04.png

"... Yes. Indeed."

Riesbyfe's initial response to Alucard's words was a curt one, as the woman seemed to continue finding a bit of difficulty with meeting such a vampire who had no intention of bringing any harm to humans. The myths were usually quite scarce on details of Dracula, let alone his own son, so to classify a vampire like this without being able to use terms such as "True Ancestor" and "Dead Apostle" proved somewhat tedious. Though... Through Alucard's demeanor and words, only one word, strangely enough, was able to come to Riesbyfe's mind as to how to classify him.

Human.

An ironic twist of fate.

"If you truly mean what you say, then I shall be your ally. Creature of the night or not, if your character is that of a noble one, rather than wicked, then my shield will be your shield."

"... Once I get that back, that is."
F8IQZXA.webp

"Clark, was it?" Cagliostro says in her serious voice while holding her laughter, "your words are mildly entertaining. Humanity's pretty ugly once you peel the layers of their mind, selfish and only caring for their own, justifying it as unity by performing their selfish deeds as a group, when in reality, each one only has their own interests at heart. Life isn't all Sunshine and Rainbows, and that's why you have to make your own, and that's why you exist.

Well, I think I'm sounding like a little hypocrite, because I think I've gained a little liking for some of these people here. Still...

I wonder - in your eyes, is good the absence of evil, or is evil the absence of good?

I won't say that you're entirely wrong though, but the Arkham Knight here's got a more valid point. I should know, because I've been... disagreed with before, for the lack of better words. You of all people should know, being scorned for the power that makes you one tier over humanity. Surely you have had... opposing views with others before, right? Disagreed with to the point of conflict and fear of others. To the eyes of some, you may be percieved as 'evil' for opposing their views.​

Cagliostro's face and voice shifts into a more bubbly persona.

Bju3mr7.jpg

"Well, why not~" Cagliostro responds to Ren. "we're aallll in this together, now, aren't we~ teehee~ I guess I should introduce myself~, although, I've introduced myself sooo many times already, more times in this short time than in a whole year~."

Cagliostro was ready to do it again.

"I'm the cutest, genius, beautiful alchemist, Cagliostro~ pleasure to meet you, Ren, Naomi~. Teehee~."

@Crow @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Verite @Josh M
After her dizzy spell subsided, Nashetania turned her attention to... even more newcomers?

"Riesbyfe..." She turned to the knight with a soft smile. "I feel better now, thank you." The knight had shown concern for her well-being. Nashetania reminded herself to look after her.

Exactly how many people had been dragged into this horrible mess? It was frustrating. The scientists on the other side paid no mind to their rights as individuals, and had caged them away. However, anger wouldn't get her anywhere. Instead, the rabbit woman decided to straighten up and speak once more.

"Hello. I'm Nashetania." She introduced herself to Hakuei and Naomi. The two seemed like honest enough individuals, from what she had heard them say. But she knew to never judge a book by its over. She knew that they could be putting up a facade, like she had done for so long. Not that she regretted her actions. But, it wasn't time to think over the past. Nashetania dragged her attention away from her own thoughts, turning her attention to Cagliostro.

"Cagliostro... Are you alright?" The rabbit woman questioned, a touch of concern in her voice. "I know you tried to get beyond the glass before." And the results of her trying hadn't of been ideal. The young alchemist seemed fine now, though. But it didn't hurt to ask.

"Alucard is right. Nashetania chimed in, listening to the vampire speak. Honestly, if they didn't stick together... what hope did they have? They didn't even know why they were here in the first place.​
Ries03.png

"..."

When Cagliostro seemed to go on a brief spiel over the meaning of "good" and "evil" in response to a remark Clark had made, Riesbyfe made a small grunt, but didn't vocalize her thoughts. Her line of work as a Holy Knight made things usually black and white. She was the force of justice to destroy wicked creatures who would prey on the innocent. And anyone, or rather anything, who would dream of doing anything of that sort was surely evil.

However, man himself was a different beast. And what a beast he certainly was. Clark was allowed to talk as much as he wished over the goodness of man, and Cagliostro of the darkness that resided within man, but in Riesbyfe's eyes, both were very much prominent. The free will that God had imbued within man has created creatures worse than demons, and yet, creatures superior to angels. For angels are good because they know not of evil, and demons are evil because they know not of good, while humans know of both, and it was up to them to decide who they were.

Regardless, she had little interest of debating such things in this situation. Riesbyfe simply took note of how oddly well spoken a child like Cagliostro could be, but also mused that if everyone here was indeed from parallel planes of reality, then that would also explain why she'd never heard the girl's name at Atlas Academy. Oh, if only Sion were here...

Riesbyfe gave an acknowledging nod to Naomi and Ren as they appeared, and following that, Nashetania apparently had managed to recover after her mysterious moment of weakness. Riesbyfe, in a hesitant and slow manner, took her supporting hand off, but also gave a lightly worried look.

"Are you sure you're alright? That was quite out of nowhere," she commented, remaining lightly worried for Nashetania, but decided to leave her be for now if that was desired.​

"There is a clear line between what some consider good and evil, and that distinction is not hard to make at face value"

It almost appeared Road was ready to fight again. Her brow furrowed, and eyes sharpened. A step took her closer to Clark, and her eyes spoke a epic that she dare not speak. She didn't know what this man was capable of, but he sure seemed to see in black and white. No gray in his moral compass.

"My power is a different sort, Bumpkin. It has noting to do with the ability to cease atrocities or genocide. I don't know if such power is within your grasp, but... I am curious to find out...."

AC18V73.jpg

"If you intend to discover what Sir Kent is capable of, perhaps it would be better demonstrated with our enemies than each other. And... the woman is right. In... a manner," Riesbyfe said to Road, gesturing towards 18, "Assuming that the people holding us here will not simply let us go after a while, we need to find a way out of here, still. This situation... It is like we are rats in a cage, but... This is no locked room murder mystery. If there is a way in, there must be a way out..."

@Jeremi @Josh M @Sen @Crow @Sen @Hana @Mason Moretti @Azuremoon @Mami Tomoe

Last edited:
Ries04.png

"... Yes. Indeed."

Riesbyfe's initial response to Alucard's words was a curt one, as the woman seemed to continue finding a bit of difficulty with meeting such a vampire who had no intention of bringing any harm to humans. The myths were usually quite scarce on details of Dracula, let alone his own son, so to classify a vampire like this without being able to use terms such as "True Ancestor" and "Dead Apostle" proved somewhat tedious. Though... Through Alucard's demeanor and words, only one word, strangely enough, was able to come to Riesbyfe's mind as to how to classify him.

Human.

An ironic twist of fate.

"If you truly mean what you say, then I shall be your ally. Creature of the night or not, if your character is that of a noble one, rather than wicked, then my shield will be your shield."

Ries03.png

"..."

When Cagliostro seemed to go on a brief spiel over the meaning of "good" and "evil" in response to a remark Clark had made, Riesbyfe made a small grunt, but didn't vocalize her thoughts. Her line of work as a Holy Knight made things usually black and white. She was the force of justice to destroy wicked creatures who would prey on the innocent. And anyone, or rather anything, who would dream of doing anything of that sort was surely evil.

However, man himself was a different beast. And what a beast he certainly was. Clark was allowed to talk as much as he wished over the goodness of man, and Cagliostro of the darkness that resided within man, but in Riesbyfe's eyes, both were very much prominent. The free will that God had imbued within man has created creatures worse than demons, and yet, creatures superior to angels. For angels are good because they know not of evil, and demons are evil because they know not of good, while humans know of both, and it was up to them to decide who they were.

Regardless, she had little interest of debating such things in this situation. Riesbyfe simply took note of how oddly well spoken a child like Cagliostro could be, but also mused that if everyone here was indeed from parallel planes of reality, then that would also explain why she'd never heard the girl's name at Atlas Academy. Oh, if only Sion were here...

Riesbyfe gave an acknowledging nod to Naomi and Ren as they appeared, and following that, Nashetania apparently had managed to recover after her mysterious moment of weakness. Riesbyfe, in a hesitant and slow manner, took her supporting hand off, but also gave a lightly worried look.

"Are you sure you're alright? That was quite out of nowhere," she commented, remaining lightly worried for Nashetania, but decided to leave her be for now if that was desired.​

"If you intend to discover what Sir Kent is capable of, perhaps it would be better demonstrated with our enemies than each other. And... the woman is right. In... a manner," Riesbyfe said to Road, gesturing towards 18, "Assuming that the people holding us here will not simply let us go after a while, we need to find a way out of here, still. This situation... It is like we are rats in a cage, but... This is no locked room murder mystery. If there is a way in, there must be a way out..."

Naomi Kimishima

@Jeremi @Josh M @Sen @Crow @Sen @Hana @Mason Moretti @Azuremoon @Mami Tomoe @Verite @Takumi @The Myrmidon #TeamAlchemagic

"Locked room mystery..."

Naomi chuckled at the coincidence. "I've solved a murder like that myself once. Unfortunately, the solution there isn't exactly one to be used here.[spoili] One can't unscrew the handle of a door when there isn't a door...[/spoili] However, there must have been some way that we were sealed in here."

Naomi's hand perched itself on her chin and her gaze fell downward. She centered her focus and breathing on the problem in front of them. Little Guy wasn't nearby to bounce off ideas, so she had to find answers by herself. She ran through ideas within her own mind, a place that stood distant from the glass box or the people inside.

To others, she had just trailed off her thoughts and began ignoring everyone, though it wasn't truly so.

The moment she found her idea, she began speaking again,
"This box must have been built around us. If that is the case, there might be a way to break through here. Not by attacking the walls directly, but the corners which hold the box together."

Ries04.png

"... Yes. Indeed."

Human.

An ironic twist of fate.

Ries03.png

"..."

Jason glanced over to Risebyfe and Road before shaking his head at her remark about Clark.

"Yeah that wouldn't be the best idea. He can fly, has heat vision, freeze breath, x-ray vision, can breath in space 'cause he ain't even human, and can be shot with a fucking rocket launcher and come out with maybe two scratches if you're lucky."

@Verite @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Sen @Jeremi @Crow @Hana @Azuremoon @Mami Tomoe

Jason glanced over to Risebyfe and Road before shaking his head at her remark about Clark.

"Yeah that wouldn't be the best idea. He can fly, has heat vision, freeze breath, x-ray vision, can breath in space 'cause he ain't even human, and can be shot with a fucking rocket launcher and come out with maybe two scratches if you're lucky."

Ries03.png

"..."

Ries04.png

"If this Arkham place truly is an institute for the unwell as Clark says, perhaps it is fitting that you call yourself its knight."

Last edited:

"I'm sure he's very happy about you blurting out everything about him so that the enemy wont see him coming." Android 18 deadpanned once again.

@Sen @Verite @Cromartie Sarkissian @Crow @Hana @Azuremoon @Josh M @Crow @thatguyinthestore

@Takumi @Mason Moretti

Naomi Kimishima

@Jeremi @Josh M @Sen @Crow @Sen @Hana @Mason Moretti @Azuremoon @Mami Tomoe @Verite @Takumi @The Myrmidon #TeamAlchemagic

"Locked room mystery..."

Naomi chuckled at the coincidence. "I've solved a murder like that myself once. Unfortunately, the solution there isn't exactly one to be used here.[spoili] One can't unscrew the handle of a door when there isn't a door...[/spoili] However, there must have been some way that we were sealed in here."

Naomi's hand perched itself on her chin and her gaze fell downward. She centered her focus and breathing on the problem in front of them. Little Guy wasn't nearby to bounce off ideas, so she had to find answers by herself. She ran through ideas within her own mind, a place that stood distant from the glass box or the people inside.

To others, she had just trailed off her thoughts and began ignoring everyone, though it wasn't truly so.

The moment she found her idea, she began speaking again,
"This box must have been built around us. If that is the case, there might be a way to break through here. Not by attacking the walls directly, but the corners which hold the box together."

"You make a valid point." Azurs replied to Joshua, though she did listen to Naomi's next words thoughtfully. She doubted she could do much in what the other blue haired woman was suggesting, but wondered if it would work at all.

@The Myrmidon @Verite @Mami Tomoe @Crow @Josh M @Kaide` @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Hachiro Terra @Box Squad

At first, Kujou thought that her companions had gone off the deep end. Magic? Abilities? Unless they meant abilities like, say, knitting, that was just crazy talk. And to be honest, she wanted no part of the crazy bunch. That just wouldn't help at all. But as Twisted Fate took the card and began to channel some sort of magic into it, she couldn't help but stare blankly.

9H8AsFO.png

"U-um..." Kujou stuttered as the other two sprang into action. She wasn't sure exactly what her role was. The stealth part? What stealth? She didn't know anything about stealth. "What do I...need to do?" She asked a little hesitantly, pointing at herself.

@Otto @Archwar @C.T. @Verite @Atomyk
Given the blank stare she was giving me and Fate, I guess she doesn't come from a world of might and magic or advanced technology or both. I shook my head. Poor girl, thrust into a situation where one could easy turn her into a medium-rare stake and I wouldn't be surprised if all of this information was overloading her mind resulting in her short attention span. Creator help me if she's like this in a normal setting.

"Alright, you saw what Fate just did. That's magic, as in, actual magic. Guessing from the people here, most have some form or have been in contact and somehow that magic has been suppressed or weakened so I need you to ask people to check their powers. Make sure you, along with Fate here, block as much as possible to prevent the cameras or the scientists from seeing. I'll be distracting them. You got that?"

Twisted Fate would be able to successfully convert the card without any issues. Whether the scientists near the glass took notice seemed unclear.

From a bit of a distance, Cullen glanced their way.

XLaglOr.png

"... what rubbish are you blokes up to?"

@Otto @Archwar @MetalNova

Upon hearing that, I glanced over to see a teenager looking our way. Sharp eyed, huh? Not sure why he would be interested in our little dealings, but it did give us a target.

"Hey," I whispered to the others,"the kid over there is a excellent starting point as he knows something is up. I'll start the distraction soon so do you want me to recap what needs to be done?"

@MetalNova @Otto @Atomyk

Ries03.png

"..."

Ries04.png

"If this Arkham place truly is an institute for the unwell as Clark says, perhaps it is fitting that you call yourself its knight."
"I'm sure he's very happy about you blurting out everything about him so that the enemy wont see him coming." Android 18 deadpanned once again.

@Sen @Verite @Cromartie Sarkissian @Crow @Hana @Azuremoon @Josh M @Crow @thatguyinthestore
Jason yawned behind his visor. He knew that no one would believe him, hell he didn't really believe it at first. But he wasn't about to reveal his one weakness (unless he needed to).

"Uh huh, well of course anyone would think that. But if there's one thing I don't do, it's lie." Jason said before turning to Androig 18. "And you don't see Superman coming, toots. This one guy called Lex Luthor. He knows the guy's weakness, which fucking kills him in a matter of about five seconds, and seems to have a good amount of it, and he knows his every move and weakness among other things, and he still hasn't been able to beat the guy. So no, me blurting out his strengths won't hurt him one damn bit." Jason said. He didn't really see a problem with this at all, really. Even if anyone here wanted to kill him they wouldn't. Not unless they happened to know his weakness and had a stache of Kryptonite laying around.

@Jeremi @Verite

• @Takumi @The Myrmidon @Crow @Hana
    @Sen @Verite @Josh M @Mami Tomoe
    @Azuremoon @Cromartie Sarkissian @Hachiro Terra @Jeremi
    @Mason Moretti #Team Alchemagic

Unfortunately, no cell phone was to be found in Dr. Kimishima's pocket.

The discussion going on in the group sparked ideas in her mind. Her allies in this cage showed many similarities between their worlds. Naomi began searching for connections between her own world and the ones of her allies, but instead found a connection to the world they found themselves in.

Cold, dark memories sliced into her consciousness. Memories intentionally locked away of Naomi's past sins resurface. Memories that she promised Little Guy that she wouldn't speak of matched the situation they were in, but reversed.

She wished not to talk about them, but made a note to herself,
    "The scientists here seem like the ones at Delphi. If that's the case, then I assume there's some greater power or magic here that they are attempting to master. We would best be on guard..."

She cleared her throat in an attempt to gain the attention of those around her.

"I don't mean to be rude and interrupt, but I think it would be best to keep a watchful eye on our captors. They're keeping their guard up against us. We should be ready in case we need to guard against them."

• @Bomb #Poké Squad

Navel sighs. He decides to play along with the game that Jabbers is playing. He runs in the direction opposite direction of Doremi as well, hoping to "pin" Jabbers between them.
Jabber continued to hide from the others, if it weren't the fact that he tripped over Navel's leg by accident.

AovQpch.png

"Wah!"

As the Riolu tripped, Doremi finally caught sight of him.

mC2Sj6u.png

"Oh?" Doremi said, having transformed back to her Aria Forme. "A Riolu? What are you doing here?" she would ask Jabbers.

BzZvu3V.png

What to do what to do? I didn't want it to be like this... Jabber would think to himself.

@Mason Moretti

Jason yawned behind his visor. He knew that no one would believe him, hell he didn't really believe it at first. But he wasn't about to reveal his one weakness (unless he needed to).

"Uh huh, well of course anyone would think that. But if there's one thing I don't do, it's lie." Jason said before turning to Androig 18. "And you don't see Superman coming, toots. This one guy called Lex Luthor. He knows the guy's weakness, which fucking kills him in a matter of about five seconds, and seems to have a good amount of it, and he knows his every move and weakness among other things, and he still hasn't been able to beat the guy. So no, me blurting out his strengths won't hurt him one damn bit." Jason said. He didn't really see a problem with this at all, really. Even if anyone here wanted to kill him they wouldn't. Not unless they happened to know his weakness and had a stache of Kryptonite laying around.

@Jeremi @Verite

"Uh-huh." 18 nodded barely listening to what the guy in the armor was talking about. "Sounds like a guy from home."

@thatguyinthestore @Verite

Continued from here.

After what couldn't have been any longer than an hour, the scientists on the floor above started to stand and put away their papers. The female scientist near the glass cleared her throat in a manner that suggested she was trying to get everyone's attention. "That will be enough," she said, reaching back to touch William by the arm. She nodded to him and he began to walk away. She watched him go before turning back to the group. "It's time for you to come with us and hear our explanation."

Cullen shrugged in Ali's direction. "So much for all that, huh?"

The glass wall in front of the scientists began to recede into the floor. Once they were exposed, one within the group made her move. Floating off the ground, Andriod 18 charged through the air at an incredible speed, her arm raised to deliver a powerful punch to one of the scientists.

However, before she could reach the scientists, 18 dropped out of the air as if she'd lost all momentum. She slammed into the ground in a heap, clutching at her head as if it was in great pain. The scientists looked utterly calm, having seemingly expected no danger at any time.

"My name is Annette Birkin," said the female scientist. "The man who left was William Birkin, my husband. Our colleague here is Albert Wesker. We work for the Umbrella corporation, as do all of you now. You have no choice in the matter, for it is now in our hands what you can and can't do."

As the pain subsided, 18 stood to her feet. Her body tensed with anger, but it seemed she had expected her attack would have been a failure. On some level, everyone probably felt the same.

"Whether you possess a biological body, a mechanical one, or something in-between, we have inserted technology into each and every one of you that allows us to control your bodies and abilities. We can turn them off as we like, as well as paralyze you if need be. We have been testing your motor functions, and you have given us some valuable data."

"... And what exactly is it you want us to do?" Cullen asked.

It was the man named Albert Wesker who responded. "Follow us."

Annette and Wesker started in the direction William had gone off to, heading toward a wide set of heavy doors. Men and women with guns began to pour into the chamber as an incentive for the group to follow orders. It was only a short walk through the building's sterile gray halls until the group was brought to an area that appeared to be a sitting room with a large screen set into the wall. William was here, as was a mysterious male.

whOI0DL.png

"What the shit is going on here?!" said the male, who wasn't wearing a lab coat or gear like the other Umbrella staff members. He grew visibly incensed at the sight of the crowd, and he took a few angry steps toward Annette before he froze in place mid-stride.

"This one's been a real nuisance," William said. "Not even half as useful as any of the others. Should have killed him off, Annette."

"This one didn't take to the transition as well as the rest of you," Annette said, ignoring William's remarks. "I figured he would have still been in medical, but just as well that he joins us for the briefing."

The man jerked and shook himself when he was able to move again. He took a few gulping breaths and looked to be wavering on his feet. "F-Fuck!" he stammered. "I have things to do, you assholes!"

The scientists ignored his outburst and walked toward the video screen. Annette tapped on the screen, which brought up a visual display that she was able to tap at until the screen turned on to show a video feed. The video showed off a room, where rows upon rows of monitors and computers surrounded a device at the center. It drew every eye, for it glowed a bright and brilliant blue.

duen28Z.jpg

"Welcome to Umbrella's greatest achievement," said Annette, sound pleased with herself. "This device has pushed Umbrella's technology development hundreds of years into the future. It allowed us to developed the technology inside your heads, as well as bring you here in the first place." She looked away from the screen and looked upon the group. "Your suspicions were correct. You are beings from other worlds, brought here for our use. Your unique worlds provide assets we could only dream of. In addition, no one that is any threat to us will miss you or be looking for you."

This would have caused dissent and murmurs, but the armed escort seemed primed to use their weaponry.

"As for what we wish you to do," Annette continued, "Is for you to act as weapons for us. An army. A sword. Our technology is wanted by a rival company, and we require you to fight for us. There is no choice in this matter if you value your lives. Even those of you who do not seem to display any sort of combat abilities will be going out in the field. If desired, we can provide some light combat training, but time is of the essence. We know the technology inside of you all works, and that is all we need to be sure of before we go ahead."

"So we're fucking expendable?!" said the male, plainly stating the obvious. "I am no one's puppet, you hear me?"

Annette peered at him impassively. "... Your lives are in your hands."

Wesker tapped at the screen, changing the feed to display a map. "The highlighted areas of this map are where you are permitted to go. Walking outside these areas will shut down your bodies. Do not cross us. We have a waiting area next to the armory where your weapons will be returned to you. In addition, any of you without weapons will be able to take what they want from the armory. Aside from this waiting area is a training facility where you can actually learn to hold a firearm. Is that clear?"

Continued here.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Krieg @TheMythicThird @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @DBZ7 @penguin055 @Bomb @TheColourlessRainbow @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Cilin Hosan @MetalNova @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Vyzwx @Nater Taters @Verite @TheTechnologicVampire @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Tone 6th @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @Hachiro Terra

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.