Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"Bittersweet Cure"

"I couldn't be better, Ada! A reuinion such as yours should be celebrated!" He held out his arms as if asking Ada to take all of him in. He did not lose that smirk on his face. "Ah, but when or where are you from? Perhaps it doesn't matter..." He leaned forward and placed his hands on the desk. "... For you have always been a traitorous one, haven't you?"

He let that sit for a moment, staring at her behind his sunglasses. He gave Scott a sidelong look, who didn't speak a word. "But the fact of the matter is, Ada, is that you should know more about me than anyone in this building. Even that American agent and Chris' nosey sister. So, you really should tell me what you think our working relationship is, and do not spare me the details."

@Minerva

Claire nodded at Jacob, knowing he as right. She had the group stop for a moment while they collected Leon and Adam, the former consistently stating he was fine.

Twisted Fate's eye saw nothing strange ahead, and when they walked the halls passed the power section, they soon came upon the lab Annette had mentioned. Warpath was put up front so that Annette would take the brunt of any trap she possibly had waiting. However, it seemed there was nothing at all waiting for them.

"William...?" Annette asked cautiously of the empty room, sounding unsure of his whereabouts. Nothing answered her.

"Well then," Claire muttered, stepping forward to get a look at the lab equipment. It had been quite a few years since she had made the serum, and she was hardly a scientist to begin with, so she felt largely at a loss for how to proceed. She turned to Annette and considered asking her, but considering how easy it would be for Annette to lie, Claire had to consider someone else. "Okay... you. I'll need you for this." She pointed to Milton, who looked surprised someone had addressed him at all.

IsjxsYH.png

"Me? I-I am flattered, but I hardly think I'm--"

Claire smiled. "Less talking, more helping. There's really no other option."

As the pair got to work, the other group arrived in a rush, causing some confusion from Claire's group.

"Is everyone all right?" Wanda asked, looking surprised. "We heard that man say..."

"William?" Annette scoffed. "The man's not as foolish as you think."

Claire could only give a shrug of her shoulders. For her, the priority now was the cure. With Milton's help, it didn't take long to synthesize, but making enough for everyone stretched the minutes along to an uncomfortable degree. Most would have been feeling the symptoms of the virus by the time they were finished, a fever settling in for the majority of them.

Once the serum was being distributed, Claire assured everyone that their symptoms would eventually go away. "It may take some time, so we'll need to rest here for just a bit. I know it's not ideal... but we can't go running into the heart of Umbrella as we are now."

With that seeming to be the logical course of action, the group tried their best to relax. Annette was watched closely, but as it turned out, she was the least of the group's worries for the moment. The sound of something burning was hard to notice at first, but when it resulted in the lights above the lab shutting off, a panic coursed through the room.

Claire yelled as there was the sound of something smashing, followed by a heavy thud that shooked the ground the group stood on. It was followed by silence. After a few seconds, the lab's emergency lights turned on. "There must have been a power outage," Annette said, glancing back toward the power room.

Now under a pale red light, the group found another horrific sight, but perhaps they were getting used to it at this point. On the ground lay Blake Dormi, dead. Nearby was Senna, impaled against the wall.

Claire shuddered, shying away from the bodies. She started shaking her head, tears stinging her eyes.

1oLF3r3.png

"Is this some kind of joke?" she asked, her voice dripping with venom. "Are you serious?! They finally got the cure, and now... they--" Claire let out a sound of frustration. "This group just keeps dying! Is this a suicide mission, is that it? Are we all just going to..." Claire turned, riaisng her gun to aim it straight at Annette's head.

"You did this. You did this to these people! I came here to stop you, and I don't care about your reasons anymore. Your daughter deserved far better than you!"

Claire looked ready to take the shot that would end Annette's life.

"Another pair, I see..."

For Senna and Blake, a white light awaited them, filling their vision and blinding them. It was only after a few moments could they see clearly, finding themselves in some kind of medical ward with a woman watching over them. The woman had blonde hair and a white suit, but she looked beyond tired.

"And I think you two will be the last, dears."

Continued here.

@Sen @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Josh M @penguin055 @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yang Lee @MetalNova @Kaide` @Verite @Azuremoon @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jeremi
Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"Bittersweet Cure"

"I couldn't be better, Ada! A reuinion such as yours should be celebrated!" He held out his arms as if asking Ada to take all of him in. He did not lose that smirk on his face. "Ah, but when or where are you from? Perhaps it doesn't matter..." He leaned forward and placed his hands on the desk. "... For you have always been a traitorous one, haven't you?"

He let that sit for a moment, staring at her behind his sunglasses. He gave Scott a sidelong look, who didn't speak a word. "But the fact of the matter is, Ada, is that you should know more about me than anyone in this building. Even that American agent and Chris' nosey sister. So, you really should tell me what you think our working relationship is, and do not spare me the details."

@Minerva

Claire nodded at Jacob, knowing he as right. She had the group stop for a moment while they collected Leon and Adam, the former consistently stating he was fine.

Twisted Fate's eye saw nothing strange ahead, and when they walked the halls passed the power section, they soon came upon the lab Annette had mentioned. Warpath was put up front so that Annette would take the brunt of any trap she possibly had waiting. However, it seemed there was nothing at all waiting for them.

"William...?" Annette asked cautiously of the empty room, sounding unsure of his whereabouts. Nothing answered her.

"Well then," Claire muttered, stepping forward to get a look at the lab equipment. It had been quite a few years since she had made the serum, and she was hardly a scientist to begin with, so she felt largely at a loss for how to proceed. She turned to Annette and considered asking her, but considering how easy it would be for Annette to lie, Claire had to consider someone else. "Okay... you. I'll need you for this." She pointed to Milton, who looked surprised someone had addressed him at all.

IsjxsYH.png

As the pair got to work, the other group arrived in a rush, causing some confusion from Claire's group.

"Is everyone all right?" Wanda asked, looking surprised. "We heard that man say..."

Claire could only give a shrug of her shoulders. For her, the priority now was the cure. With Milton's help, it didn't take long to synthesize, but making enough for everyone stretched the minutes along to an uncomfortable degree. Most would have been feeling the symptoms of the virus by the time they were finished, a fever settling in for the majority of them.

Once the serum was being distributed, Claire assured everyone that their symptoms would eventually go away. "It may take some time, so we'll need to rest here for just a bit. I know it's not ideal... but we can't go running into the heart of Umbrella as we are now."

With that seeming to be the logical course of action, the group tried their best to relax. Annette was watched closely, but as it turned out, she was the least of the group's worries for the moment. The sound of something burning was hard to notice at first, but when it resulted in the lights above the lab shutting off, a panic coursed through the room.

Claire yelled as there was the sound of something smashing, followed by a heavy thud that shooked the ground the group stood on. It was followed by silence. After a few seconds, the lab's emergency lights turned on. "There must have been a power outage," Annette said, glancing back toward the power room.

Now under a pale red light, the group found another horrific sight, but perhaps they were getting used to it at this point. On the ground lay Blake Dormi, dead. Nearby was Senna, impaled against the wall.

Claire shuddered, shying away from the bodies. She started shaking her head, tears stinging her eyes.

1oLF3r3.png

"Is this some kind of joke?" she asked, her voice dripping with venom. "Are you serious?! They finally got the cure, and now... they--" Claire let out a sound of frustration. "This group just keeps dying! Is this a suicide mission, is that it? Are we all just going to..." Claire turned, riaisng her gun to aim it straight at Annette's head.

"You did this. You did this to these people! I came here to stop you, and I don't care about your reasons anymore. Your daughter deserved far better than you!"

"Another pair, I see..."

For Senna and Blake, a white light awaited them, filling their vision and blinding them. It was only after a few moments could they see clearly, fidning themselves in some kind of medical ward with a woman witching over them. The woman had blonde hair and a white suit, but she looked beyond tired.

@Sen @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Josh M @penguin055 @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yang Lee @MetalNova @Kaide` @Verite @Azuremoon @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown

"Huh. So it wasn't a trap," Cagliostro says, before the lights went off and on again, allowing everyone to see Blake Dormi and Senna perish.

"It was for them, anyways. Why do we keep falling for the same old tactics? Say, I wonder if this final culprit possesses the ability to cause these blackouts without getting noticed. Before I raise any theories, well..."

Cagliostro investigates Senna's body and identifies the object used to impale her.

"Also, can everyone recall every clue that doesn't point to Lucifer or Lady Azura? This does include details that may or may not be off-putting, such as the usage of a lighter and a match."​

@Atomyk @Verite @Josh M @Jeremi @Crow @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @InvestigatioMatato

Last edited:
"Huh. So it wasn't a trap," Cagliostro says, before the lights went off and on again, allowing everyone to see Blake Dormi and Senna perish.

"It was for them, anyways. Why do we keep falling for the same old tactics? Say, I wonder if this final culprit possesses the ability to cause these blackouts without getting noticed. Before I raise any theories, well..."

Cagliostro investigates Senna's body and identifies the object used to impale her.

"Also, can everyone recall every clue that doesn't point to Lucifer or Lady Azura? This does include details that may or may not be off-putting, such as the usage of a lighter and a match."​

@Atomyk @Verite @Josh M @Jeremi @Crow @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @InvestigatioMatato

"Yeah let's forget the fact that Claire just pulled a gun on a woman." 18 deadpanned.

@Atomyk @Crow

James Proudstar Warpath

All right he thought, though it never works, I will sniff at the bodies. Especially around the shaft of whatever impaled that woman. HIs brain seemed tired thinking about the remaining survivors.

He investigated the two bodies and the area around them, especially for scent. One hand was gently pulling Annette along with him as he went about his business.

@Sen @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Josh M @penguin055 @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yang Lee @MetalNova @Kaide` @Verite @Azuremoon @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Otto @Atomyk @Darkseide @The Unknown

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"Bittersweet Cure"

@Minerva

IsjxsYH.png

1oLF3r3.png

"Another pair, I see..."

For Senna and Blake, a white light awaited them, filling their vision and blinding them. It was only after a few moments could they see clearly, fidning themselves in some kind of medical ward with a woman witching over them. The woman had blonde hair and a white suit, but she looked beyond tired.

57wWcY8.png

"W-wait," Kujou reached out to put a light hand on the red headed woman's gun arm. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she resolved herself and looked Claire in the face. "Let's not let more people die than we have to..."

Even though they might not have been familiar with each other, Kujou hoped her sentiment at least would reach her.

@Sen @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Josh M @penguin055 @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yang Lee @Atomyk @Kaide` @Verite @Azuremoon @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown

3QkVJon.png

Claire flinched slightly at Kujou's touch. She met the girl's gaze and suddenly looked ashamed. Though, she did not lower her gun, even as 18 aimed a slightly barbed comment her way. Annette stared back at her with little emotion, giving off the impression she was at least feeling fearless.

"Umbrella is responsible for the creature tracking your group down," Annette said slowly. "But I have little idea as to what just happened. I have heard rumors that a man was working to turn your group from the inside, and I suppose..." She nodded to Lex. "... That is him? I will not deny any sort of blame, but if you have traitors among you, that is likely the beta Wesker's jurisdiction, not mine."

Claire looked at her with confusion, slowly lowering her weapon. "Beta Wesker...?"

But Milton had something else on his mind. "It would... seem that whoever did this could have done it at any time? Why not kill both Claire and I to let the virus reach late-stage?"

"Maybe they don't want us all to die," Leon said.

"Or they were just waiting to get a dose of the cure..." Claire sighed and holstered her gun. "I guess that takes her out of the running." She gestured to Miku. "Not that it seemed likely to be her to begin with."

s4SViJL.png

"... Also," Wanda said, speaking to Cagliostro. "All the clues could have pointed to Lucifer, for he has the power of mind control. It is for that reason that the clues of this kill must be relied upon primarily."

Blake suffered a hole in his chest that went straight through his body. It was about the size of a fist. Senna's body was impaled with some kind of metal pipe, which those who went through the power section would recognize as one of the unique pieces of one of the machines. Senna had been impaled against the wall so hard that there were cracks in the wall itself. She even had a broken arm.

"What a mess. There's not much else to gather from this," Leon said. "Someone must have destroyed one of the machines in the power room to cause a black-out."

@Crow @Gands @Jeremi @MetalNova @Verite @Investigation

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Jeremi

Twisted Fate | @PowerSection/Laboratory

Twisted Fate didn't get the answer he was looking for. He was thinking of many other things to say back to Annette, but none of them were worth saying aloud. When she spilled information about where to find the cure, he hurriedly walked over.​

latest

As the group neared the lab, he attempted to use his ultimate ability: Destiny. If successful, a fiery eye would appear up ahead. After this, T.F would tell the group what it saw, if it saw anything.
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @york @PowerSection/Laboratory​
Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"Bittersweet Cure"

@Minerva

IsjxsYH.png

1oLF3r3.png

"Another pair, I see..."

3QkVJon.png

Claire flinched slightly at Kujou's touch. She met the girl's gaze and suddenly looked ashamed. Though, she did not lower her gun, even as 18 aimed a slightly barbed comment her way. Annette stared back at her with little emotion, giving off the impression she was at least feeling fearless.

"Umbrella is responsible for the creature tracking your group down," Annette said slowly. "But I have little idea as to what just happened. I have heard rumors that a man was working to turn your group from the inside, and I suppose..." She nodded to Lex. "... That is him? I will not deny any sort of blame, but if you have traitors among you, that is likely the beta Wesker's jurisdiction, not mine."

Claire looked at her with confusion, slowly lowering her weapon. "Beta Wesker...?"

But Milton had something else on his mind. "It would... seem that whoever did this could have done it at any time? Why not kill both Claire and I to let the virus reach late-stage?"

"Or they were just waiting to get a dose of the cure..." Claire sighed and holstered her gun. "I guess that takes her out of the running." She gestured to Miku. "Not that it seemed likely to be her to begin with."

s4SViJL.png

"... Also," Wanda said, speaking to Cagliostro. "All the clues could have pointed to Lucifer, for he has the power of mind control. It is for that reason that the clues of this kill most be relied upon primarily."

Blake suffered a hole in his chest that went straight through his body. It was about the size of a fist. Senna's body was impaled with some kind of metal pipe, which those who went through the power section would recognize as one of the unique pieces of one of the machines. Senna had been impaled against the wall so hard that there were cracks in the wall itself. She even had a broken arm.

"What a mess. There's not much else to gather from this," Leon said. "Someone must have destroyed one of the machines in the power room to cause a black-out."

Schala Zeal
@Crow @Gands @Jeremi @MetalNova @Verite @Atomyk
@Investigation

Fortunately, Annette's husband was neither a mutant, nor there to hurt them... And, in the end, it seemed that they had made the right choice to trust her, seeing as they acquired the cure.

However, when the sound of something burning cropped up, followed by the lights shutting off, Schala knew all too well what was coming next. Clasping her hands together, she attempted to gather the strength to cast a spell to illuminate the room, in an effort to stop what seemed like the inevitable, but alas... She couldn't focus her powers in time to successfully do this, before the lights turned on, and under the pale light... It was revealed that both Blake, and Senna had been killed.

Unfortunately, before much of an investigation could be launched, Claire seemed to have snapped just a little from all of this, raising her weapon towards Annette. While she moved in, attempting to step between the gun and Annette, it would seem that a fellow group member's efforts, along with some new information, had defused the situation before it got any worse.

Taking a closer look at the scene, trying not to look directly at her faces... Fearing that it might be too much for her, she was at least able to discern that once again... The victims had been assaulted by someone with a rather great amount of strength, someone who had been involved in many kills before this one... And that burning sound... ... Hmm...

There were only a few suspects to choose from now, but before she made any conclusions, Schala decided to try and head back to the power section, hoping she could investigate the demolished machine in an effort to get a better idea of who could have been behind this... Though she wasn't sure if they would leave any markings that would make their involvement in this obvious, she figured that there might just be something that she could work with there...​

One of the machines closest to the lab was badly damaged. Judging by its condition, heat or flame melted parts of the machine, though the part that impaled Senna looked to have needed to be pulled off with great force.

That seemed to be every clue available here.

@york @Crow @Gands @Jeremi @MetalNova @Verite @Investigation

"Yeah let's forget the fact that Claire just pulled a gun on a woman." 18 deadpanned.

@Atomyk @Crow

REd1IHd.png

"And Claire," Cagliostro adds with a sigh. "No one else? No one else. So anyways, the culprits were Lucifer, Claire, Azura, and very likely one more person."

Cagliostro thinks.

"The lighter from Naomi and Little Guy's Death. The match from Ada's death. Lucifer claims that he did not kill Azura, which leads us to...

Azura's body was smashed by a large table made of marble. This fourth culprit must've been responsible. Droplets of water in the marble may imply that Azura was struggling to no avail. Evidence of highly enhanced strength is present in all these cases.

I have my suspicions. But before I go further... let's see the current case's evidence. With fewer accomplices, surely more will be displayed."
3QkVJon.png

s4SViJL.png

"... Also," Wanda said, speaking to Cagliostro. "All the clues could have pointed to Lucifer, for he has the power of mind control. It is for that reason that the clues of this kill most be relied upon primarily."

Blake suffered a hole in his chest that went straight through his body. It was about the size of a fist. Senna's body was impaled with some kind of metal pipe, which those who went through the power section would recognize as one of the unique pieces of one of the machines. Senna had been impaled against the wall so hard that there were cracks in the wall itself.

"That is a very valid point," Cagliostro says to Wanda, "your words do imply that non-traitors could've performed the crimes with their equipment via Lucifer's mind control. However, I believe we could give a chance of doubt regarding Azura getting crashed by the marble table, and take Lucifer's word that he did not perform that task. Is that correct, Lucifer?"

"This... this wasn't from the room that my group investigated. What're the odds that this individual was indeed from the group in the Power Room?"

Cagliostro thinks for a bit more.

The individuals who went to the power room who were not excluded as suspects or were killed included Schala, Shirou, Setsuna and the Arkham Knight. The selection felt suspiciously too small.

As opposed to the other group, containing Clark Kent, Android 18, Alucard, Hakuei, Road and last but definitely not least, herself.

Cagliostro takes a quick trip with Schala to investigate. Cagliostro tries to look around to see if there was evidence of soot anywhere.

"Of course, the user appears to possess pyrokinetic or heat-based feats, as well as a great deal of strength," Cagliostro says to Schala, then turns to her. "Does your magic provide indirect strength-enhancement in any way? I have heard of Earth Elemental beings using the durable earth to boost their strength."
@Atomyk @Jeremi @Crow @Josh M @MetalNova @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Gands @Crimson Spartan @MetalNova @InvestigatoMano

"Another pair, I see..."

tumblr_inline_n3kt6mANWK1sy4uqk.png

"N... Not again..."

Upon awakening, the "Raven" was starting to hear that mysterious static in his head again, just like he had felt it once he fell into the hands of Umbrella the first time. Only this time, it only grew in intensity, as if beckoning him to accept this strange phenomenon. Before he would let it go on more and more, Blake jumped straight up, forcing the sound of static in his head to go away.

tumblr_inline_n3kta6929b1sy4uqk.png

"Huh?... where is... this?"

Blake was surprised to see that he was in some new location isolated from the others, and that this woman was here in this medical ward to greet him... Looking to his side, he noticed that he wasn't entirely alone with this new face.

"Oh thank god... Senna... you're with me..."

Breathing that sigh of relief, he felt like something was off. Why were they split off from the main group? Did something happen? He couldn't remember on what occurred that caused him and Senna to be here, but he had a gut feeling it wasn't anything good.

"... us being the last two, huh? What does that mean? I want to know what's going on here."

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

tumblr_inline_n3kt6mANWK1sy4uqk.png

"N... Not again..."

Upon awakening, the "Raven" was starting to hear that mysterious static in his head again, just like he had felt it once he fell into the hands of Umbrella the first time. Only this time, it only grew in intensity, as if beckoning him to accept this strange phenomenon. Before he would let it go on more and more, Blake jumped straight up, forcing the sound of static in his head to go away.

tumblr_inline_n3kta6929b1sy4uqk.png

"Huh?... where is... this?"

Blake was surprised to see that he was in some new location isolated from the others, and that this woman was here in this medical ward to greet him... Looking to his side, he noticed that he wasn't entirely alone with this new face.

"Oh thank god... Senna... you're with me..."

Breathing that sigh of relief, he felt like something was off. Why were they split off from the main group? Did something happen? He couldn't remember on what occurred that caused him and Senna to be here, but he had a gut feeling it wasn't anything good.

"... us being the last two, huh? What does that mean? I want to know what's going on here."

"Another pair, I see..."

Unaware as to what had happened during the last thirty minutes or so, Senna's eyes would slowly flutter open. She slowly sat up, tucking a lock of orchid colored hair behind an ear before stifling a yawn with one of her hands. Seeming a bit disoriented, she mumbled to herself before even looking around at the new area.

aACFiRL.png

"Mm, who turned on that bright light? I was taking a nap. How's a girl supposed to get any sleep around here?"

Groaning slightly, the girl picked her head up and finally began to look around, spotting Blake first off. "Oooh, hiya Blake," she said with a sleepy wave, her words slow and spaced out almost as if she were drunk. She moved over to the male and plopped her head against his arm, forgetting (for the moment) how awkward their last encounter had been.

When she would hear him question their surroundings, Senna finally began to scan the area. She spotted the nurse and decided to mirror Blake's question. "Yeah, where are we?"

Slowly returning to her senses after questioning the nurse, Senna realized she was leaning on Blake's arm. She straightened up quickly, a bit of heat rushing to her cheeks. "Sorry," she squeaked, rubbing the back of her neck and averting her gaze. "For... everything. I'm glad I'm not alone right now."

@Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies

Lucifer was silent as he looked at the dead bodies and then back at Cagilstro. " I am not certain of anything about my time as a traitor. All I do know is that I don't remember doing any of those things I mentioned. That doesn't mean I didn't do them," he said, looking over at Clark. " And based on your previous track record, you will be voting for Alucard. Whenever you are a high probability of getting voted on, you redirect the vote to someone else. You did this with both myself and Azura, the other two traitors. " Lucifer was just stating an observation he had made.

" Lucifer is right, every time someone votes on you, you spin it onto someone else. You did it with Jason, Azura and Lucifer, despite the evidence he presented. Actually, I have a question. Out of all the people here, how did you guess the identity of two traitors so easily? Ignoring the fact you used evidence, what gave you such a confidence?" Linda asked. " Could it be you yourself are a traitor?"

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Crow @Josh M @MetalNova @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Gands @Crimson Spartan @MetalNova @InvestigatoMano

As the latest victims laid dead on the ground, Clark sighed.

"We all know that everything points to only two people. Alucard and myself. "

Lucifer was silent as he looked at the dead bodies and then back at Cagilstro. " I am not certain of anything about my time as a traitor. All I do know is that I don't remember doing any of those things I mentioned. That doesn't mean I didn't do them," he said, looking over at Clark. " And based on your previous track record, you will be voting for Alucard. Whenever you are a high probability of getting voted on, you redirect the vote to someone else. You did this with both myself and Azura, the other two traitors. " Lucifer was just stating an observation he had made.

" Lucifer is right, every time someone votes on you, you spin it onto someone else. You did it with Jason, Azura and Lucifer, despite the evidence he presented. Actually, I have a question. Out of all the people here, how did you guess the identity of two traitors so easily? Ignoring the fact you used evidence, what gave you such a confidence?" Linda asked. " Could it be you yourself are a traitor?"

"Well, he did say it's either him or Alucard. Your reasoning makes sense, and now it's my turn to explain some things..."

Cagliostro gets ready for a lecture as she snaps her fingers.

h6djOnn.webp

"Of course! I'm a genius! I will summarise this in layman's terms. You see, when the supposed source of heat interacts with the power supply, the burning, then blackout, occured.

There are two proposed possibilities as implied by the round-down suspect list - Alucard's fireball, and Clark Kent's... heat vision.

The former is more 'spread out' while the latter is more 'concentrated'. The former burns a little more slowly while the latter is quick to produce burns. As something burns slowly, it's more likely to produce more carbon residue, or as you put it 'soot', or even larger clouds of smoke. If we are capable of smelling the burn, we will be fully capable of identifying smoke.

Alucard's fire would also have more ease spreading and being easier to detect, while heat vision is more instant in nature, not producing flames, but it will produce the smell of melting substances, and reactions on a metallic surface intepreted as 'burns'. Such reactions may also result in a reddish glow. The same can be achieved with Alucard's closer-to-ordinary flames, but at a slower rate."

Cagliostro then proclaims.

"Are there any rebuttals to what I have said? Oh who am I kidding, of course there will be, now won't there, Clark Kent? By the way, Alucard, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this matter as well."​

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
85kCPQW.png

The woman was silent for a moment, crossing her arms as she stared at the pair. "I meant that you two are the last ones likely to be revived. This may seem hard to comprehend, but your old bodies have perished and your consciousnesses were put into replicated copies of your previous bodies. Why? At this point, I'm not sure. Clearly, it's for some angle, but Umbrella can't deny that everything will be coming to a head soon."

She turned slightly and looked toward the door. "... You are not the only ones replicated in this manner. Some, but not all, of those who were killed among your group woke up much like yourself. The technology in your heads have been reactivated and they have been forced to carry out tasks for Umbrella at this very moment/ As for your original group..." She turned back to Blake and Senna. "... They will be reaching this floor very soon, and you will have to meet them to tell them the location of the Tesseract."

@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

There was no soot to be found.

@Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Crow @Gands @Jeremi @MetalNova @Verite @Investigation

Lucifer looked over at the lack of soot on the ground. " I am truly sorry if I am wrong about this, but similar to before, all the evidence both from now and earlier seems to point to you. I hope that I am not wrong and I know that you have forgiven me, but I have to vote for you, Clark Kent. I hope that I am wrong.... because if I am right then I am not certain about anything anymore."

Linda nodded in agreement.

@Atomyk @Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Crow @Gands @Jeremi @MetalNova @Verite @Investigation

Wanda shot Lucifer a withering look. "I don't think you should get a vote, knowing what we know about you."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer shot a look back. " I am trying to help, but if you don't want my vote, I will gladly rescind it," he replied.

@Atomyk

Last edited:
Unaware as to what had happened during the last thirty minutes or so, Senna's eyes would slowly flutter open. She slowly sat up, tucking a lock of orchid colored hair behind an ear before stifling a yawn with one of her hands. Seeming a bit disoriented, she mumbled to herself before even looking around at the new area.

aACFiRL.png

"Mm, who turned on that bright light? I was taking a nap. How's a girl supposed to get any sleep around here?"

Groaning slightly, the girl picked her head up and finally began to look around, spotting Blake first off. "Oooh, hiya Blake," she said with a sleepy wave, her words slow and spaced out almost as if she were drunk. She moved over to the male and plopped her head against his arm, forgetting (for the moment) how awkward their last encounter had been.

When she would hear him question their surroundings, Senna finally began to scan the area. She spotted the nurse and decided to mirror Blake's question. "Yeah, where are we?"

Slowly returning to her senses after questioning the nurse, Senna realized she was leaning on Blake's arm. She straightened up quickly, a bit of heat rushing to her cheeks. "Sorry," she squeaked, rubbing the back of her neck and averting her gaze. "For... everything. I'm glad I'm not alone right now."

@Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies

85kCPQW.png

The woman was silent for a moment, crossing her arms as she stared at the pair. "I meant that you two are the last ones likely to be revived. This may seem hard to comprehend, but your old bodies have perished and your consciousnesses were put into replicated copies of your previous bodies. Why? At this point, I'm not sure. Clearly, it's for some angle, but Umbrella can't deny that everything will be coming to a head soon."

She turned slightly and looked toward the door. "... You are not the only ones replicated in this manner. Some, but not all, of those who were killed among your group woke up much like yourself. The technology in your heads have been reactivated and they have been forced to carry out tasks for Umbrella at this very moment/ As for your original group..." She turned back to Blake and Senna. "... They will be reaching this floor very soon, and you will have to meet them to tell them the location of the Tesseract."

@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
tumblr_inline_ng0i9dxIPN1shpc29.png

"Oh... so... that's it..."

Blake tried to make sense of this. So they were killed, but replicated for the task of helping out Umbrella? However, from what this woman was saying, it was like she was implying that this would be the last time that someone that dies in the main group would be replicated like this. Did that mean that they were close to achieving what they had to do? To get back at Umbrella in some way or form? He wasn't so sure, but it felt like it was going to end in some way some time soon...

"Just... telling them about the Tesseract's location? That doesn't sound that bad to do..."

Well, other than the fact that they had to wait for the others to catch up, Blake figured it was the best option on what they could do. Slowly reassessing the situation on what he was given in knowledge in terms of how they were alive again if they were killed, Blake glanced over at Senna, managing to catch a glimpse of her leaning against his arm.

tumblr_inline_ng0i8bQdxr1shpc29.png

"U... um..."

Brief memories of how his last conversation went down with Senna, he could figure out why she felt a bit awkward around him, and on why he himself felt unsure on how to move on from that. It was like that last conversation he had with Senna was being guided along by another person, someone that wasn't how the usual Blake would act like. Maybe he was too pressured by the situation back there, and threw away his optimistic demeanor only to put it back on when the damage had become too much...

"Same here... sorry about all of that... I... I felt really afraid back there. I didn't want to lose any more people, and I got lost in that fear... I let that go out of control, and I know I was only worrying you and the others so much by acting that way..."

Almost like taking a dreadful weight off of his shoulders, Blake found it the right time to apologize to Senna about what went down before all of this, on how he practically snapped under pressure.

"... so whatever comes up next, we'll be working together until we can smile and laugh like before. You know... the real smiles that I had? We'll make it through, sounds good?"

Even if they were killed off, Blake was glad to know that they weren't alone. He couldn't imagine how it would've gone if it were only him being killed... or worse... if it were only Senna... For now, he knew now that it was better to move on towards the future, because that was the only way that things were to change for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.