Status
Not open for further replies.
Time was running out, and it seemed clear to Wanda the group wasn't going to change their mind.

s4SViJL.png

"Let me get this over with."

The woman approached Lucifer warily, unsure if she should be afraid of the powers he was said to had. Regardless, no move was made to stop her as she raised her hands to his head. They were bathed in a red light for only a moment before Wanda gasped and took a quick step away from him. "I..."

Wanda shook her head. "This man is guilty... he is a traitor to our cause."

Both Claire and Leon turned quickly and aimed their firearms at Lucifer, ready to take a shot if need be. "What... what should we do with him?" Claire asked.

@Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Josh M @penguin055 @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon @Verite

Lucifer was just as shocked as the rest and he tried to piece together where he could have been involved in the kills. He took a deep breath and looked at them. " I am a man of my word when it came to what I said. I believe, I think, I was involved of course in the last kill for Cullen, in the killing of Ada, Riolu and Melotta to a degree, I can promise that I had nothing to do with the first kill, the second kill, I may have light the match, for the deathes of Little Guy and the other girl, I don't know. I feel as if there is at least one more of us- but I can't remember. I don't know."

Ever silent Linda looked over at the others. " Lucifer may not have been involved in the first kill, but that was my bullet. I didn't want to do it- but it happened. I believe you have the chance to treat us just as you do all who deserve it," she said.

@Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Josh M @penguin055 @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon @Verite @Atomyk

Time was running out, and it seemed clear to Wanda the group wasn't going to change their mind.

s4SViJL.png

The woman approached Lucifer warily, unsure if she should be afraid of the powers he was said to had. Regardless, no move was made to stop her as she raised her hands to his head. They were bathed in a red light for only a moment before Wanda gasped and took a quick step away from him. "I..."

Both Claire and Leon turned quickly and aimed their firearms at Lucifer, ready to take a shot if need be. "What... what should we do with him?" Claire asked.

@Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Josh M @penguin055 @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon @Verite
Lucifer was just as shocked as the rest and he tried to piece together where he could have been involved in the kills. He took a deep breath and looked at them. " I am a man of my word when it came to what I said. I believe, I think, I was involved of course in the last kill for Cullen, in the killing of Ada, Riolu and Melotta to a degree, I can promise that I had nothing to do with the first kill, the second kill, I may have light the match, for the deathes of Little Guy and the other girl, I don't know. I feel as if there is at least one more of us- but I can't remember. I don't know."

Ever silent Linda looked over at the others. " Lucifer may not have been involved in the first kill, but that was my bullet. I didn't want to do it- but it happened. I believe you have the chance to treat us just as you do all who deserve it," she said.

@Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Josh M @penguin055 @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon @Verite @Atomyk

"It does make sense, after all. Lucifer can pull the feats that Clark Kent can without entering the blast radius, which would explain the lack of damaged clothing on both specimens," Cagliostro says.

Cagliostro turns to Wanda. "No mind control, no anything of that sort? That happened with Azura."

Cagliostro shrugs, before summoning Ouroboros once again.

Vm2L1sa.webp

"Guns'll just scratch him, you know~," Cagliostro says to Claire and Leon. "So, no hard feelings if I let lovely little Ouroboros devour you~? He's been pretty hungry for a while now~. I might show mercy if you tell me why you were siding with Luthor and Umbrella~."

Speaking of Luthor, Cagliostro looks behind.

"If I'm going to spare you, my friend'll have to settle for a medium-rare Luthor~."​

@Atomyk @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M

@Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow[/USER [USER=13101]@penguin055 @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon[/USER]

James Proudstar Warpath

" Alright, I'm going to need clarification too. He is guilty, that much we know. Now I want to know why. Are you piecing together things you know you did, or you are trying to piece together how you might have done it. This isn't something we can fix ?
Lucifer, did you know... and if so, when did you know ?

Lucifer looked over at him. " I am trying to piece together the pieces of what might have been. I don't remember much about the actual kills, I feel that I should, but I can't. I want to, but I cannot fit everything together. I believe not even Linda knows if she did that kill. I suspected myself though the second I heard that Cullen committed suicide, and it was mind control, he wouldn't. Goddamnit, all of those innocents. All of those innocents I helped killed," he said, regret in his voice.

@Gands

Wanda didn't seem sure. "All I know is his guilt," she said. "I do not know why... only that it is not precisely the same as Azura's situation."

@Crow @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer looked over at her. " Not precisely like Azura? Does that mean my mind-control was weaker or that it was something else that made me do those kills?" He asked.

@Gands @Crow @Atomyk

"It does make sense, after all. Lucifer can pull the feats that Clark Kent can without entering the blast radius, which would explain the lack of damaged clothing on both specimens," Cagliostro says.

Cagliostro turns to Wanda. "No mind control, no anything of that sort? That happened with Azura."

Vm2L1sa.webp

"Guns'll just scratch him, you know~," Cagliostro says to Claire and Leon. "So, no hard feelings if I let lovely little Ouroboros devour you~? He's been pretty hungry for a while now~. I might show mercy if you tell me why you were siding with Luthor and Umbrella~."

"If I'm going to spare you, my friend'll have to settle for a medium-rare Luthor~."​

@Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow[/USER [USER=13101]@penguin055 @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon[/USER]
"Please. I've seen Lawyer more threatening than you. You're not going to hurt anyone. If either Lucifer or I die or are hurt, well, you'll all die. Besides, let's be honest, Clark wouldn't let you. Even after all I did."

Lex's words almost came off mocking the whole situation. Standing up, he gave the alchemist a smirk as he moved away.

Clark frowned as he found out the news her feared; he was right. Lucifer was a traitor. Looking at Joshua, Clark turned his attention to the man who called himself the devil.

Lucifer looked over at him. " I am trying to piece together the pieces of what might have been. I don't remember much about the actual kills, I feel that I should, but I can't. I want to, but I cannot fit everything together. I believe not even Linda knows if she did that kill. I suspected myself though the second I heard that Cullen committed suicide, and it was mind control, he wouldn't. Goddamnit, all of those innocents. All of those innocents I helped killed," he said, regret in his voice.

@Gands

854332669b1add5824a2590b01a53ff5.jpg

So, not only are you the devil, but you don't like hurting people? Or don't want to? You want to good? You want another chance?"

Ries once said, Clark was naïve. That might be true, however, as much as he wasn't a real believer, this did somehow make his own beliefs stronger. If the devil wanted to do good, than anyone deserved that chance.

"I'm willing to give you that. As long as i'm here, I have your back. Everyone deserves a second chance."

"Please. I've seen Lawyer more threatening than you. You're not going to hurt anyone. If either Lucifer or I die or are hurt, well, you'll all die. Besides, let's be honest, Clark wouldn't let you. Even after all I did."

Lex's words almost came off mocking the whole situation. Standing up, he gave the alchemist a smirk as he moved away.

Clark frowned as he found out the news her feared; he was right. Lucifer was a traitor. Looking at Joshua, Clark turned his attention to the man who called himself the devil.

So, not only are you the devil, but you don't like hurting people? Or don't want to? You want to good? You want another chance?"

Ries once said, Clark was naïve. That might be true, however, as much as he wasn't a real believer, this did somehow make his own beliefs stronger. If the devil wanted to do good, than anyone deserved that chance.

"I'm willing to give you that. As long as i'm here, I have your back. Everyone deserves a second chance."

M1wkym4.webp

"Is that a challenge?" Cagliostro laughs as Ouroboros zoomed towards Lex Luthor, its fangs ready to engulf his bald head. "If it is, it better not be another puzzle."

Anyone going to stop it?​

@Josh M

James Proudstar Warpath

Proudstar stands, moving next to Lex.

" Look, I don't know this asshole even a little bit, but I sense a great deal of hostility towards him. But I for one have seen enough damned death for right now. We cannot begin to know how Umbrella manages to get or make traitors do these things. It's clear to me at least that this is the case somehow. Perhaps Shield and the Avengers didn't get everything. I don't think we'll ever know. I do know this, I for one intend to get home or die trying. Meanwhile, I don't intend to change how I do things just to satisfy these Umbrella freaks."

"So, if you intend to just start killing, throw me into the pile. I'm not co-operating."

@Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow[/USER @penguin055 @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon[U]@penguin055[/U] @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon

"I don't like hurting innocents. There is a difference. I have no qualms hurting murderers, killers and anyone who has harmed another person. But never an innocent, until now."

Lucifer wasn't lying to Clark. He didn't like to hurt innocents. Heck, he only punished the guilty because it was his job. It wasn't ever by choice that he hurt people, it was his punishment. His punishment for hating human beings since his father loved them ore than him.
" I am happy that you are willing to give me a second chance, despite the earlier circumstances," he replied, looking over at him.

@Josh M

Lucifer looked over at her. " Not precisely like Azura? Does that mean my mind-control was weaker or that it was something else that made me do those kills?" He asked.

@Gands @Crow @Atomyk

"I don't like hurting innocents. There is a difference. I have no qualms hurting murderers, killers and anyone who has harmed another person. But never an innocent, until now."

Lucifer wasn't lying to Clark. He didn't like to hurt innocents. Heck, he only punished the guilty because it was his job. It wasn't ever by choice that he hurt people, it was his punishment. His punishment for hating human beings since his father loved them ore than him.
" I am happy that you are willing to give me a second chance, despite the earlier circumstances," he replied, looking over at him.

@Josh M

"My question is..." The mercenary stepped forward, dominant hand ready to draw his blade if need be. The prince of Jehanna would have the answers and vengeance if need that he desired, one way or another, "Were you the one who killed Azura?"

@Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer looked over at him and took a deep breath, still kneeling on the floor. " I was not. As I have repeated time and time again, a lot of my powers have vanished and weakned since arriving here. Super strength was one of my older feats, but I can't do it there. Simiarily, my telekinesis would be difficult to do on that desk with that force. It wasn't me."

@Josh M @The Myrmidon

M1wkym4.webp

"Is that a challenge?" Cagliostro laughs as Ouroboros zoomed towards Lex Luthor, its fangs ready to engulf his bald head. "If it is, it better not be another puzzle."

@Josh M
Lex didn't flinch as Clark zoomed away from Lucifer, blocking Ouroboro, Clark fired a punch into the beast mouth, hopefully knocking it out.

"Stop. Just Stop."

@Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Atomyk @penguin055 @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon @Verite

Lex didn't flinch as Clark zoomed away from Lucifer, blocking Ouroboro, Clark fired a punch into the beast mouth, hopefully knocking it out.

"Stop. Just Stop."

@Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Atomyk @penguin055 @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon @Verite

Ouroboros was smashed into the ceiling, feeling a giddy. A serpentine crater was observed as Ouroboros fell to the floor. Cagliostro desummoned the serpentine beast, causing it to vanish for now.

9sPoTz7.png

"I was going to end him for good. You wish to do so too, don't you?" Cagliostro taunts. "Why do you insist on keeping those who stand in your way alive and kicking? Do you enjoy the pain they inflict upon you and others? Does your moral judgement tell you that it's more 'right' to keep him alive and let him let loose and wreak more havoc? You have a power that pars with many a Primal, yet you have the personality of a-"

Cagliostro sighs, briefly looks at Road, then looks back at Clark Kent. She sighs.

"- a decent person. You're a decent person, Clark Kent, you're a decent person. Maybe too decent for my liking, or that guy's liking. I was going to say you were a fool, but you've proven that you weren't. But being what one calls a 'decent' person can only get you so far. There's no point if someone with power like yours doesn't do something, I know I did. Maybe one day, you'll learn to stand up. Maybe one day, you'll learn that in a world or environment without mercy, there's a limit on how much mercy you should have. I don't know, you don't know, and the Arkham Knight knows only one possibility of your future."

Cagliostro turns her back.
@Josh M @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Atomyk @penguin055 @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon @Verite

Continued from here.

Chapter Five
"Fever and Confusion"

The Story So Far
After placing their vote on Jinx as the suspected traitor with the murders of Ada Wong, Doremi, and Jabber, a suspicion that turned out to be false, the group had no choice but to press on and take their losses. Eventually, their journey led them further up the facility, re-modeled by Umbrella into a strange mansion. From there, the group spread out once again in order to explore the strange facility, finding themselves in either the West or East Halls.

Those in the East Hall had come across a man rather familiar with Clark known as Lex Luthor, the man also happening to be working with Umbrella, and as such, possessed knowledge of the workings of the group's situation. He had presented them with a choice; execute a hostage that he had waiting for the group named Lana Lang, or suffer three murders the next time the Traitors struck. After a heated debate due to Lana's connection to both Luthor and Clark, the group unable to retaliate against Luthor thanks to his fail-safe panel capable of reactivating the devices inside the group, it was eventually decided to execute Lana, much to the reluctance of the majority of the group. To add insult to injury, Luthor proceeded to then infect the group with a sample of the T-Virus for the sake of insurance, as he described.

The West Hall, meanwhile, traversed through the depths of the strange mansion, including a peculiar mirror hall and a rotting kitchen. They suffered the same fate as the other group, falling victim to a trap that had infected everyone with the T-Virus, leaving everyone in a dire situation with little time to cure themselves, else they would fall victim to the virus, and death would be the least of their problems.

After the groups had reunited, solving a puzzle to unlock a reinforced door in the meantime, everyone stumbled across a large lounge area where the Traitors struck again, this time the victims being Cullen Bloodstone and Azura of Nohr, with Lex Luthor also present and very nearly being taken down as well, though narrowly surviving. After a thorough investigation, the group pointed their fingers now at Lucifer Morningstar, revealed by Wanda to indeed be another Traitor.

Turning on five more feeds, the group viewed feed 20, which showed little more than a large office. Inlaid in the marble floor was Umbrella's logo, red and white patterned in a circle... or, an umbrella. Beyond the office desk, there was little more to the room of note. At the edge of the screen, the group could just barely see a wheelchair. Someone was sitting in it, but most of them were just out of view. With nothing else to see, the feed was switched.

On feed 19 was Albert Wesker, except he wasn't wearing his lab coat anymore. He stood in an elevator, messing with something in his hand. It was impossible to tell what it was. After a moment, he stopped this action and began to look up slowly. His hand reached up to his sunglasses, lowering them just a bit so that his yellow eyes were shining.

dvpdrHq.jpg

He looked directly into the camera for a moment before it suddenly turned black. Lalonde cleared her throat upon seeing this. "Let us hope that was just a coincidence," she said, before hurriedly switching to the next feed.

Feed 18 showed a dark room, but something could just barely be seen in the darkness. What appeared to be a tall humanoid was standing in the darkness, with tubes or wires connected to him. He seemed to shine, as if metallic. There was not much to see beyond this, so Lalonde switched away soon enough.

Feed 17 was nothing special, for it only showed a fancy room in disarray. The remains of what seemed to be an elevator were visible, the doors smashed in and the cables that held the car broken apart. With no activity to see, Lalonde switched the feed again.

Wesker appeared once again, this time on feed 16. He was back in his lab coat, holding a clipboard and looking away from the camera. He was writing on it quickly and furiously, talking seemingly into something the group couldn't see. There didn't seem to be much going on in this room otherwise.

"We must be so close," said Lalonde. "Which feed should we try next?"

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Minerva @Takumi

Wanda's eyes narrowed on Lucifer. For just a moment she seemed angry, but it passed as quickly as it came. "Perhaps you lie. Perhaps something greater than yourself has used you as you have used others. Do you know the name... Diablo?" She took a breath, closing her eyes as if trying to maintain a sense of calm. "... Don't bother answering. It doesn't matter right now."

"She's right," Claire said, looking confused whether or not she should keep aiming her gun at Lucifer. She eventually settled on holstering it. "Most of us have been infected now, so it's only a matter of time... I knew producing a serum is possible, so our best bet is to climb into the elevator and get somewhere where that's possible."

As it turned out, the two women didn't know how right they were.

In mere moments, the mutated creature that had been stalking the group smashed through the wall of the room, taking out Daizo in the process. The monster then roared as tentacles slid out from his coat to wrap around Nashetania and pull her toward him.

"Run!" Claire screamed, ushering the group toward the elevator, the bunny girl's screams following them as they ran. The doors opened quickly and it was spacious enough for all to fit. It seemed those who remained would escape once the doors began to shut, but the monster's tentacles snaked in and pulled out poor Charlotte before they fully closed. The elevator then began to move down, but a heavy bump from above caused the whole thing to shake, and the group went into freefall, going down and down until stopping suddenly.

Not all were knocked to their feet in that moment, but all felt a strange noise in their head. It was a voice, whispering to them. It was male but sultry, both alluring and repulsive at once. It carried with it the image of fire and brimstone. There was a great pressure from all sides and everything felt hot. It was almost too much to bear, until--

There was silence.

"... One hell of a ride," Leon mumbled, moving to his feet. He rubbed at his head, feeling a bump. "Was I out or something?" He looked up at the elevator's ceiling.

"It's been an hour," Claire said, sitting on the ground and staring at a watch on her wrist. "I think we all... collectively... passed out for an hour." Claire and Leon exchanged a glance, knowing that didn't make much sense at all.

"If we've lost an hour, it means a lot of us are going to start feeling sick soon. You understand? We're going to have to split up in the next area to cover more ground."

When the elevator doors were pried open, the group found a dull gray hallway awaiting them. A split in the hall led down two paths. One was labeled vaguely as Testing, while the other was called Power.

vmjC0pY.png

"We're... We're near it. The Tesseract. I can... almost feel it," Riesbyfe mumbled, despite the fact that she, as far as she could remember anyway, had never been in contact with the device supposedly able to transport everyone back to where they had once come from. She had been carrying Adam but dumped him now for someone else to deal with.

"Everyone, we are near the endgame. I can feel it, but... All the more reason to keep your guard up. Do take care as always," she said to everyone, and with that, it was time to move once again.

"You'd think the end would look a bit more... interesting," Leon mumbled, but said little else as he hefted Adam over his shoulder. Someone had to do it.

Continued here.

Tag @Atomyk for Power and @Verite/@Jeremi for Testing.

Cast List
@Sen as Alucard (Castlevania)
@Jeremi as Android 18 (Dragon Ball)
@Gummi Bunnies as Blake Dormi (OC)
@Crow as Cagliostro (Granblue Fantasy)
@Josh M as Clark Kent (Smallville)
@penguin055 as Domon Kasshu (Gundam)
@Archwar as Fierce-Heart Ali (OC)
@Hana as Hakuei Ren (Magi)
@Crimson Spartan as Jaffar (Fire Emblem)
@thatguyinthestore as Jason Todd (Arkhamverse)
@C.T. as Jinx (League of Legends AU) - INNOCENT!
@The Myrmidon as Joshua (Fire Emblem)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Lucifer Morningstar and Linda Martin (Lucifer) - TRAITOR!
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Lucio (Overwatch)
@Yang Lee as Kazuo Tengan (Danganronpa)
@MetalNova as Mikoto Kujou (Last Game)
@Kaide` as Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid)
@Verite as Riesbyfe Stridberg (Type-Moon)
@Azuremoon as Road Kamelot (D.Gray-man)
@york as Schala Zeal (Chrono Trigger)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Senna (Bleach)
@Hospes as Setsuna (Shattered Angels)
@Kaykay as Shirou Yusa (Dies Irae)
@Otto as Twisted Fate (League of Legends)
@Gands as Warpath (Marvel Comics) - INNOCENT!
@Darkseide as William "Penny" Adiyoi (The Magicians)
@Hachiro Terra as Zerberus (Kingdom Hearts OC)

The Deceased
@Tone 6th as Travis Touchdown - DIED! INNOCENT! BLOWN UP!
@Yun Lee as Alice Twilight - MURDERED! INNOCENT! SHOT!
@TheMythicThird as Black Mage Evilwizardington and Fighter McWarrior - DIED! INNOCENT! BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS!
@Vyzwx as Overlord Laharl - DIED! INNOCENT! HEAD CRUSHED!
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Sheev Palpatine - DIED! INNOCENT! STABBED!
@Mason Moretti as Naomi Kimishima and Inspector Navel - MURDERED! INNOCENT! IMPALED AND BURNT TO A CRISP!
@TheColourlessRainbow as Eliot Waugh - DIED! INNOCENT! WHO KNOWS?!
@Nater Taters as Revy and Rock - DIED! INNOCENT! ROCKETED TO HELL!
@Bomb as Doremi the Meoletta and Jabber the Riolu - MURDERED! INNOCENT! ALSO BLOWN UP!
@Minerva as Ada Wong - MURDERED! INNOCENT! ALSO BLOWN UP!
@Takumi as Azura of Nohr (Fire Emblem) - MURDERED! TRAITOR! BISECTED!
@Atomyk as Cullen Bloodstone (Marvel Comics) - MURDERED! INNOCENT! CONTROLLED!
@DBZ7 as Daizo (OC) - DIED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED!
@Mami Tomoe as Nashetania (Rokka no Yusha) - DIED! INNOCENT! IMPALED!
@CCC Kouhai as Charlotte Wiltshire (Hello Charlotte) - DIED! INNOCENT! TAKEN!

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Verite
Lucifer looked over at him and took a deep breath, still kneeling on the floor. " I was not. As I have repeated time and time again, a lot of my powers have vanished and weakned since arriving here. Super strength was one of my older feats, but I can't do it there. Simiarily, my telekinesis would be difficult to do on that desk with that force. It wasn't me."

@Josh M @The Myrmidon
Penny was quite irritated. Grabbing Lucifer and James, he'd smack their heads together.

"Stop bitching at each other. At this rate, we'll never find the traitor. Why are you people so stupid at times?!"
He'd throw up his hands in irritation.​

Lucifer took his coat and knelt on the floor, as he watched the others, debate and he placed his sword and his gun on the floor in front of him. He looked at the others and if anyone knew anything about death, he was following the practice of a medieval execution. " If I am indeed the traitor, I would prefer if you punish me. I am going to leave myself open and I will do one better. If I am the traitor, I will try to piece together what kills I could have possibly have been involved. I don't remember killing anyone- but that doesn't mean it didn't happen," he said. " And, if I am the traitor, I expect myself to be the next death and I want you to promise me that you won't overlook any details or connections that could possibly be held between my eventual murder and the previous ones. If I am alive, I will try to assist in any way possible. If I am a traitor, I have blood of the innocents on my hand and that angers me more than anything else. I try to only punish the guilty."
Linda looked over at Lucifer and wasn't sure what to say. She had seen him at his worse and had never seen this emotion out of him. Regret. It wasn't even regret over what he had done, it was regret over the mere possibility he had hurt someone. It would have been great progress if they were in her office- not so much now when everyone thought he was a killer. But it was the most human she had seen the Devil and for that, she smiled.
@york @Sen @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies @Gands @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Jeremi @Hana @Azuremoon @Atomyk @Verite @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay
Bju3mr7.jpg

"Lucifer, how does this... 'never lie' thing work?" Cagliostro can't help but question. "Do you tell the truth based on what you percieve as the truth, or do you tell what truly happened?
If the former, there is the chance that you did it without knowing so."​

@york @Sen @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies @Gands @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Jeremi @Hana @Azuremoon @Atomyk @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay
s4SViJL.png

Vm2L1sa.webp

James Proudstar Warpath

" Alright, I'm going to need clarification too. He is guilty, that much we know. Now I want to know why. Are you piecing together things you know you did, or you are trying to piece together how you might have done it. This isn't something we can fix ?
Lucifer, did you know... and if so, when did you know ?

@Gands
Wanda didn't seem sure. "All I know is his guilt," she said. "I do not know why... only that it is not precisely the same as Azura's situation."

@Crow @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

@Gands @Crow @Atomyk

M1wkym4.webp

@Josh M
James Proudstar Warpath

Proudstar stands, moving next to Lex.

" Look, I don't know this asshole even a little bit, but I sense a great deal of hostility towards him. But I for one have seen enough damned death for right now. We cannot begin to know how Umbrella manages to get or make traitors do these things. It's clear to me at least that this is the case somehow. Perhaps Shield and the Avengers didn't get everything. I don't think we'll ever know. I do know this, I for one intend to get home or die trying. Meanwhile, I don't intend to change how I do things just to satisfy these Umbrella freaks."

"So, if you intend to just start killing, throw me into the pile. I'm not co-operating."

@Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow[/USER @penguin055 @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon[U]@penguin055[/U] @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon

@Josh M
"My question is..." The mercenary stepped forward, dominant hand ready to draw his blade if need be. The prince of Jehanna would have the answers and vengeance if need that he desired, one way or another, "Were you the one who killed Azura?"

@Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9

@Josh M @The Myrmidon

"Stop. Just Stop."

Ouroboros was smashed into the ceiling, feeling a giddy. A serpentine crater was observed as Ouroboros fell to the floor. Cagliostro desummoned the serpentine beast, causing it to vanish for now.

9sPoTz7.png

"I was going to end him for good. You wish to do so too, don't you?" Cagliostro taunts. "Why do you insist on keeping those who stand in your way alive and kicking? Do you enjoy the pain they inflict upon you and others? Does your moral judgement tell you that it's more 'right' to keep him alive and let him let loose and wreak more havoc? You have a power that pars with many a Primal, yet you have the personality of a-"

Cagliostro sighs, briefly looks at Road, then looks back at Clark Kent. She sighs.

"- a decent person. You're a decent person, Clark Kent, you're a decent person. Maybe too decent for my liking, or that guy's liking. I was going to say you were a fool, but you've proven that you weren't. But being what one calls a 'decent' person can only get you so far. There's no point if someone with power like yours doesn't do something, I know I did. Maybe one day, you'll learn to stand up. Maybe one day, you'll learn that in a world or environment without mercy, there's a limit on how much mercy you should have. I don't know, you don't know, and the Arkham Knight knows only one possibility of your future."

Cagliostro turns her back.
@Josh M @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Atomyk @penguin055 @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown @Azuremoon @Verite
Continued from here.

Chapter Five
"Fever and Confusion"

The Story So Far
After placing their vote on Jinx as the suspected traitor with the murders of Ada Wong, Doremi, and Jabber, a suspicion that turned out to be false, the group had no choice but to press on and take their losses. Eventually, their journey led them further up the facility, re-modeled by Umbrella into a strange mansion. From there, the group spread out once again in order to explore the strange facility, finding themselves in either the West or East Halls.

Those in the East Hall had come across a man rather familiar with Clark known as Lex Luthor, the man also happening to be working with Umbrella, and as such, possessed knowledge of the workings of the group's situation. He had presented them with a choice; execute a hostage that he had waiting for the group named Lana Lang, or suffer three murders the next time the Traitors struck. After a heated debate due to Lana's connection to both Luthor and Clark, the group unable to retaliate against Luthor thanks to his fail-safe panel capable of reactivating the devices inside the group, it was eventually decided to execute Lana, much to the reluctance of the majority of the group. To add insult to injury, Luthor proceeded to then infect the group with a sample of the T-Virus for the sake of insurance, as he described.

The West Hall, meanwhile, traversed through the depths of the strange mansion, including a peculiar mirror hall and a rotting kitchen. They suffered the same fate as the other group, falling victim to a trap that had infected everyone with the T-Virus, leaving everyone in a dire situation with little time to cure themselves, else they would fall victim to the virus, and death would be the least of their problems.

After the groups had reunited, solving a puzzle to unlock a reinforced door in the meantime, everyone stumbled across a large lounge area where the Traitors struck again, this time the victims being Cullen Bloodstone and Azura of Nohr, with Lex Luthor also present and very nearly being taken down as well, though narrowly surviving. After a thorough investigation, the group pointed their fingers now at Lucifer Morningstar, revealed by Wanda to indeed be another Traitor.

Turning on five more feeds, the group viewed feed 20, which showed little more than a large office. Inlaid in the marble floor was Umbrella's logo, red and white patterned in a circle... or, an umbrella. Beyond the office desk, there was little more to the room of note. At the edge of the screen, the group could just barely see a wheelchair. Someone was sitting in it, but most of them were just out of view. With nothing else to see, the feed was switched.

On feed 19 was Albert Wesker, except he wasn't wearing his lab coat anymore. He stood in an elevator, messing with something in his hand. It was impossible to tell what it was. After a moment, he stopped this action and began to look up slowly. His hand reached up to his sunglasses, lowering them just a bit so that his yellow eyes were shining.

dvpdrHq.jpg

He looked directly into the camera for a moment before it suddenly turned black. Lalonde cleared her throat upon seeing this. "Let us hope that was just a coincidence," she said, before hurriedly switching to the next feed.

Feed 18 showed a dark room, but something could just barely be seen in the darkness. What appeared to be a tall humanoid was standing in the darkness, with tubes or wires connected to him. He seemed to shine, as if metallic. There was not much to see beyond this, so Lalonde switched away soon enough.

Feed 17 was nothing special, for it only showed a fancy room in disarray. The remains of what seemed to be an elevator were visible, the doors smashed in and the cables that held the car broken apart. With no activity to see, Lalonde switched the feed again.

Wesker appeared once again, this time on feed 16. He was back in his lab coat, holding a clipboard and looking away from the camera. He was writing on it quickly and furiously, talking seemingly into something the group couldn't see. There didn't seem to be much going on in this room otherwise.

Wanda's eyes narrowed on Lucifer. For just a moment she seemed angry, but it passed as quickly as it came. "Perhaps you lie. Perhaps something greater than yourself has used you as you have used others. Do you know the name... Diablo?" She took a breath, closing her eyes as if trying to maintain a sense of calm. "... Don't bother answering. It doesn't matter right now."

"She's right," Claire said, looking confused whether or not she should keep aiming her gun at Lucifer. She eventually settled on holstering it. "Most of us have been infected now, so it's only a matter of time... I knew producing a serum is possible, so our best bet is to climb into the elevator and get somewhere where that's possible."

In mere moments, the mutated creature that had been stalking the group smashed through the wall of the room, taking out Daizo in the process. The monster then roared as tentacles slid out from his coat to wrap around Nashetania and pull her toward him.

"Run!" Claire screamed, ushering the group toward the elevator, the bunny girl's screams following them as they ran. The doors opened quickly and it was spacious enough for all to fit. It seemed those who remained would escape once the doors began to shut, but the monster's tentacles snaked in and pulled out poor Charlotte before they fully closed. The elevator then began to move down, but a heavy bump from above caused the whole thing to shake, and the group went into freefall, going down and down until stopping suddenly.

Not all were knocked to their feet in that moment, but all felt a strange noise in their head. It was a voice, whispering to them. It was male but sultry, both alluring and repulsive at once. It carried with it the image of fire and brimstone. There was a great pressure from all sides and everything felt hot. It was almost too much to bear, until--

There was silence.

"... One hell of a ride," Leon mumbled, moving to his feet. He rubbed at his head, feeling a bump. "Was I out or something?" He looked up at the elevator's ceiling.

"It's been an hour," Claire said, sitting on the ground and staring at a watch on her wrist. "I think we all... collectively... passed out for an hour." Claire and Leon exchanged a glance, knowing that didn't make much sense at all.

"If we've lost an hour, it means a lot of us are going to start feeling sick soon. You understand? We're going to have to split up in the next area to cover more ground."

When the elevator doors were pried open, the group found a dull gray hallway awaiting them. A split in the hall led down two paths. One was labeled vaguely as Testing, while the other was called Power.

vmjC0pY.png

"We're... We're near it. The Tesseract. I can... almost feel it," Riesbyfe mumbled, despite the fact that she, as far as she could remember anyway, had never been in contact with the device supposedly able to transport everyone back to where they had once come from. She had been carrying Adam but dumped him now for someone else to deal with.

"Everyone, we are near the endgame. I can feel it, but... All the more reason to keep your guard up. Do take care as always," she said to everyone, and with that, it was time to move once again.

"You'd think the end would look a bit more... interesting," Leon mumbled, but said little else as he hefted Adam over his shoulder. Someone had to do it.

/hr]

Cast List

The Deceased
@TheMythicThird as Black Mage Evilwizardington and Fighter McWarrior - DIED! INNOCENT! BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS!
@Mason Moretti as Naomi Kimishima and Inspector Navel - MURDERED! INNOCENT! IMPALED AND BURNT TO A CRISP!
@Bomb as Doremi the Meoletta and Jabber the Riolu - MURDERED! INNOCENT! ALSO BLOWN UP!
[/hr]​

Schala Zeal
@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M
@Power

Schala waited rather patiently, a look of worry quiet evident on her face as she wondered if her vote was correct... And soon enough, as the last of the votes trickled in, and Wana used her powers to check up on this, it turns out that Lucifer had been one of the killers!

What was more was that as he explained which of the kills he had been involved with, Schala soon came to see the connections, rubbing her chin. So, it seemed they had at least one more killer to go... Her eyes darting around, lingering on Alucard once again for a moment, it was still uncertain, but she still suspected that he might be one of the killers. Though they would have to see next time Wanda's powers were back.

Seeing Lucifer's apparent regret about the whole thing, Schala couldn't find it in her to execute him... So instead, she offered a gentle smile, feeling a bit more confident with Clark willing to spare his life too, to the degree that he even protected him, and Lex from Cagliostro's monster.

"I... Forgive you too." She said quietly.

Giving the bodies one last, sorrowfull look, she prepared to continue on with the rest of the group, but before she could... That creature from before smashed through the walls, killing a members of her group and before she could even attempt to cast an offensive spell, it began to extend its horrendous tendrils towards them, taking another life. Knowing there was no time to stay and face this thing, she ran as fast as her legs could carry her.

In the heat of the moment, she hadn't even the time to cast "haste" in order to speed up a single group member, or her own movements as she dove into the elevator. Just before the doors close though, its dentrils snaked in, and took one more group member just before they managed to get away.

With a sigh of relief, she started to relax, but it would appear that she had done so a bit too early. A heavy bump from above, followed by a jolt as they went into a freefall made her heart skip a beat as she clutched tightly onto literally anything she could get ahold of... In a futile effort to steady herself, it looked like this might be the end, likely by the actions of that creature that had been following them severing the cable that had once held this elevator up.

However, when the car came to an abrupt stop, it seemed that even as hard as she gripped whatever she had managed to get ahold of... It wasn't enough, she was quickly knocked off balance, laying on the cold, hard floor of the elevator, with a rather strange voice filling her mind... One that was pleasant, but yet... Repulsive... Accompanied by the image of fire and brimstone, and a distinct pressure from all sides along with an unbearable heat...

Sooner or later though, it all came to an end, and she shakily clambered to her feet, trying to shake off that uncomfortable feeling she got about what she had experienced. Whatever had happened, it seemed like she and the rest of the group had inexplicably passed out for roughly an hour.

It was quite odd that they all seemed to have lost conscious for that precise timeframe... A little suspicious, in fact, but Leon's words instantly reminded her of the gravity of the situation; they were still infected with the T-Virus, and it just had an hour to freely do its thing while they were out. They had to find the cure, and they had to find it fast.

When the elevator doors were pried open, Schala seemed to ponder her options. The cure was their number one priority, and that would likely be found somewhere down the hall labeled "testing", but the Tesseract was also high on their list of priorities, as it was only a matter of time before Umbrella did something dastardly with its power. Well, besides bring them here and try to make them fight for their cause that is.

Such a thing seemed likely to be found somewhere down the hall labeled "power".

All things considered, despite the urgency of their situation, Schala decided to head along the hall labeled power, figuring she'd at least try and cripple Umbrella a little... If the Tesseract was indeed down there, before she continued her search for a cure.

The sooner an object of such power was out of the hands of Umbrella, the better.

Continued from here.

Chapter Five
"Fever and Confusion"

The Story So Far

dvpdrHq.jpg

There was silence.

vmjC0pY.png

/hr]

Cast List

The Deceased
[/hr]​

Azura felt a chill go down her spine at feed 19. Jaw clenching as the monior went black. That was strange, to say the least. There were only so many more to check now, and she hoped that they were close.

Letting herself relax and regain her composure she took a moment to think of what feed to check next, before looking at those who have also died to see if they had any in mind.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Minerva

Continued from here.

Chapter Five
"Fever and Confusion"

The Story So Far

dvpdrHq.jpg

There was silence.

vmjC0pY.png

/hr]

Cast List

The Deceased
[/hr]​

Bju3mr7.jpg

"Nashetania's gone... Hmmm... we should go with Testing. My instincts tell me that the testing room has a chance of containing the Tessarect, since they're likely to want to see its potential, and the supposed cure for the T-Virus..."

Cagliostro's smile fades when she looks at Alucard and Hakuei, both slowly falling victim to the T-virus.

1haojnW.webp

"Alucard, Hakuei, how are you two doing?"​

@Verite @Jeremi @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @TestingRoom

Status
Not open for further replies.