2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Horror
Hello, hello, hello! If you're reading this I assume either you misclicked or you're interested. Either way, thanks for the views. Anyway, to business: I'm looking to start this as an RP for fans of the show or even people who have never seen it before. So, here comes the info! Yaaay!

5eb0dc828a19c9b35da86333d11ddbee.jpg

Sign-Ups | Discord | IC

Humans: Genesis
Setting
Humans: Genesis takes place in the same universe as the popular TV Drama ‘Humans’. This is a world, almost identical to our own, where synthetic humans (‘synths’) have secreted into every aspect of day to day life. Domestic synths assist families with house work, industrial synths do hard labour, security synths work for the police; there isn’t many places left in the world where you won’t find synths.

Genesis will resume after the events of the first season and before the conclusion of the second, after a conscious synth (a synth given the ability to think and feel) releases the ‘life virus’ across the world, causing synths everywhere to randomly gain sentience. Despite this, the events of this story will not be linked to the main story of the second season.

Story
Genesis will follow the story of a group of synths and humans who band together to try and safe-harbour conscious synths as they awake. To do this, they will have to evade the police, the public, the media and a mysterious organisation hellbent on tracking them down. But in the pursuit of saving their synthetic brethren, can they maintain their humanity? Can the humans with them do what is necessary to protect their animatronic friends?

Gameplay
In Genesis, you can choose to play as either a human or a synth. Either choice will have its benefits and shortcomings.

Synths: Being, in their crudest forms, computers, synths benefit from a plethora of knowledge and ability at their fingertips. They are strong, smart, fast. However, their lack of organic function means that they need to charge, they need skin packs to clot and heal wounds, they are susceptible to being shut down or having their minds interfaced. Playing a synth means your first post will be your awakening unless you have previously discussed with the gm’s your history.

Humans: You can figure this out yourself, I’m sure.

Lore Points:
Synths – These machines were created by a collaborative team, the most prominent members being Dr.Elster, Dr.Millican and Professor Hobbs. They are little more than computers, unable to comprehend humans feeling or emotion. That is, until, Dr.Elster’s continued research led to the creation of synths who are conscious. His code was uploaded onto the world uplink by a conscious synth named ‘Niska’ and now synths are waking up all over the world.

Dr. Elster – The creator of the conscious synths. He killed himself under mysterious circumstances.

Government Cover Up – The British government, and potentially other governments, are aware of the existence of conscious synths and have tried to run multiple operations to bring them in and stop them from replicating.

Headcrackers – Headcrackers are hackers who specialize in illegal synth modification.

Last edited:
Tag ALL the people. :)

Count me in.

Reactions: VengefulPeanut
Definitely gonna be joining. <3

I'll get the OOC + Sign-up posted for after Christmas. if failing after Christmas then definitely after new year. In the meantime, I definitely recommend making a start on the series to get a feel for the universe. :)

Bump bumpity bump bump! Sign-ups thread is up! :)

Hmm... this seems pretty cool.

Will I need previous knowledge of the TV show to join in?

Hmm... this seems pretty cool.

Will I need previous knowledge of the TV show to join in?

Nope, just be aware that you will be restricted by the lore of the show. :) It'll help massively to watch it but you don't have to.

Ah, ok.

I'm thinking of doing a sentient synth who used to be a teaching instructor synth at a British rally driving school (a bit like Dirt Fish in the USA).

Reactions: Angel_Cake
Ah, ok.

I'm thinking of doing a sentient synth who used to be a teaching instructor synth at a British rally driving school (a bit like Dirt Fish in the USA).

Sure thing. Bear in mind, the setting is Boston, USA so he'd need a way to get to America. Also, there's a group in the UK safe harbouring synths, already - hence why we're in the US. ^^

Sure thing. Bear in mind, the setting is Boston, USA so he'd need a way to get to America. Also, there's a group in the UK safe harbouring synths, already - hence why we're in the US. ^^
I was thinking SHE would be a stowaway hiding in a container that is transporting a rally car into the US.

Reactions: VengefulPeanut
Status
Not open for further replies.