Genes of a Goddess (IC)

Kaz moved to the side for (En'Shurra) then looked for a seat herself. She spotted a few empty seats near the windows on the other side of the room. She smiled as those were always her favorite seats. She walked over to an empty seat that was about mid-way between the back and the front and slug her bag on the back of her chair. She crossed one leg over the other, so one knee lay over the other.

She turned her arm over and looked at the tattoo that was custom for her tribe. "I hope the officials don't mind this..". She slid her index finger down the Ranmaeli words.

A small, yet clearly visible smile came to her face. Maybe these girls weren't as bad as she had first assumed of the entire school. She would still have to wait and see though. "Amelia Deligh." She gave a nod to Testu and the girl with black hair who she had heard the others call Kaz, but she could of been mistaken. Waiting patiently for them and several other magical girls to enter first, she slipped through the doorway and took a seat closer to the front, lazily slinging one of her bag's straps around the back of her chair.

Grace was staring out the window next to her seat, ostensibly watching the school grounds while lighting tapping out a rhythm on her desk top. You're going to fail! Just like you have failed everything else in your pathetic excuse for a life, Clariasa! A sound like someone spitting was heard in her mind. Disgusting, dirty little- I am not Clariasa... How many times must I remind you all of that? Lying piece of-
She sighed and continued on trying to block out the insults and empty threats. Maybe they weren't empty though. It wasn't like she knew everything about her abilities... That was what Unity Hall was for though, to learn. The brush of clothing and sound of a chair moving gave her the opportunity to get her thoughts back to herself. She turned about a quarter way in her seat and saw a girl who seemed to of come from Ranmael as well. "You're emblem is nice," she said quietly, a bit more to herself than the girl. It was nicer than her own at least, which only symbolised their currant chief and a design which was a warning of their curse.

Kaz didn't hear the girl and reached into her bag and pulled out a glove. She sighed and slipped it on then pulled it up to her elbow. She looked at where her mark is and already missed it. She, like the rest of her tribe, is very proud of her mark. Only those who had passed a test that everyone in her tribe had to go through recieved it. She pulled out a piece of paper and began writing in Ranmaeli.

Grace continued to watch the girl, now curious as to what the glove was for. Maybe it wasn't very polite to continue to stare at what she was doing but she didn't exactly want to go back to her self defeating conversations with the spirits either and focusing on things helped to procrastinate the experiences. Well the writing was definitely Ranmaeli so she could unerstand what it meant at least. That would be an invasion of privacy though. A snort of sarcastic humour came into her mind. Not like it would be the first time you forced yourself into someone else's life, eh? Like spying on our children and stealing them away from us as bait! Evil witch! How dare you! We trusted you, too. Letting you stay with us as if you were one of our own. Despicaple little liar. Grace let out a forced cough as if someone had punched her in the throat. "Uhm... what is the glove for? If you do not mind my asking of your privacy," she asked the girl, hating it when the Voices were right. Then again, they almost always were.

By the time Morrow had come up with a response to Kaz's question, she had found an empty chair behind the girl. Perhaps after class she could give her answer. Glancing around, she realized Tetsu was also in the room. Homeroom apparently was the same for most, if not all of the girls who had collected that morning to talk, fall over and eat bread. That could be nice. They had all been friendly.

She took out a notebook and opened it to the first page. New school, new notebook, new life.

She looked over at the girl. "Hey, you're Ranmaeli!" She smiled feeling more comfortable knowing there was someone else from Ranmael at the school. She was sure there would be but she hadn't met another till now. "You're not invading my privacy so don't worry about that. As for the glove.." She said her smile slowly fading and her gaze moving toward where her tattoo is but was covered by the glove. "I'm not sure if students are allowed to show tattoos, most places that have strict rules don't allow it and well.. I'm not familiar with the rules here either." She returned her gaze to the other Ranmaeli student.

After the blond giving her name, Tetsu responded with a quiet 'nice to meet you' before finding a seat herself in the second row. The room was filling up fast and that sent her stomach dropping with anxiety. Not a bad kind, but good. Soon she'd be learning how to make something of herself, how to put those odd powers to good use. Tetsu pulled out her notebook, a mechanical pencil and an eraser from her bag and then stuffed it under her desk. An idea made her pause. How much writing would there be? Would there be more physical work?

She glanced around the room: most girls had their notebook books out as well. Suddenly, she had to use the restroom. Drinking down those glasses of orange juice probably wasn't the best idea. Class was about to start and the last thing she wanted to do was embarrassingly ask to use the facilities. She slightly hunched over, hands pressed against her lap. 'Hold it…'

Kaz kept writing in Ranmaeli. She had been writing an old chant that Ranmaeli soldiers sung when they marched off to battle.
[SPOILI]"Alle warten auf das Licht
fürchtet euch, fürchtet euch nicht
die Sonne scheint mir aus den Augen
sie wird heut nacht nicht untergehen

... und die Welt zählt laut bis zehn

eins... hier kommt die Sonne
zwei... hier kommt die Sonne
drei... sie ist der hellste Stern von allen
vier... hier kommt die Sonne

Die Sonne scheint mir aus den händen
kann verbrennen kann euch blenden
wenn sie aus den Fäusten bricht
legt sich Eis auf das Gesicht

Sie wird heut Nacht nicht untergehen
und die Welt zählt laut bis zehn

vier... hier kommt die Sonne

fünf... hier kommt die Sonne
sechs... hier kommt die Sonne
sieben... sie ist der hellste Stern von allen
acht... hier kommt die Sonne

Die Sonne scheint mir aus den Händen
kann verbrennen, kann dich blenden
Wenn sie aus den Fäusten bricht
legt sich Eis auf dein Gesicht
legt sich schmerzend auf die Brust
das Gleichgewicht wird zum Verlusst

läßt dich hard zu Boden gehen
und die Welt zählt laut bis zehn

vier... und wird nie vom Himmel fallen

fünf... hier kommt die Sonne
sechs... hier kommt die Sonne
sieben... sie ist der hellste Stern von allen
acht... hier kommt die Sonne"

[/SPOILI]​

Kaz loved the song, she would hum it to herself wherever she went. She smiled as she wrote it but didn't know what to do with it now, maybe she'd hang it up in her dorm?

The bell rang again, this time signifying that class had officially began. En'Shurra had heard that the punishment for being tardy was 100 laps around the school while wearing weighted necklaces with more beads on it the more you were late, up to 200 pounds under normal circumstances, which seemed too brutal and downright impossible to wear without reduced to crawling. Hmm...En'Shurra was oddly turned on all of a sudden, but still that punishment was insane and she couldn't come close to completing it. She had heard that she'd be able to develop her physical attributes as well as her magical due to being a magical girl, but how could they expect first year students like her to manage that? Well, she would take the easy way out and just not ever show up late unless she flet like being that much of a glutton for punishment.
<o:p></o:p>
"Alright class, let's get ready to rumble," she heard a male voice call out into the room, instantly drawing the attention of most of the girls from whatever they had previously been doing. She, and clearly everyone else, was clearly not expecting anyone with a Y chromosome to be anywhere near this place. The man casually strolled into the room a second later, revealing a slender figured Caucasian man from Ciol with messy shoulder length light green hair, big round glasses, squinted eyes, and a black cane. He wore a white jacket that looked sort of like a military uniform if they still made such things for men. His red tie hung loosely around his neck and his jacket was left unbuttoned to reveal a grey and white pinstripe shirt underneath to match his slacks. His black dress shoes squeaked with every stepas he made his was over to the pedestal at the front of the class. Setting his notes down onto it, he clapped his hands together excitedly. "Before we get to the good stuff, let's all get to know each other better. My name is Ceon, from Ciol. Easy to remember, right? Some of you may be wondering what's a guy doing here, and that's becauseI like being around lots of women." He paused awkwardly as he was expecting his joke to get some laughs, but after a brief moment of silence he cleared his throat and continued. "Actually, I've studied the different magical powers for over 10 years and would like to pass on my own method of teaching over to you. I was born in Ciol during the war, but moved to Altresia soon after. I always wanted to be a teacher, but I never expected someone from Ciol would get the opportunity to teach in Unity Hall. This is my first year, so please go easy on me!" He then bowed his head, an Altresian custom. His glasses clattered onto the pedestal,which he quickly scooped up and planted it back onto his nose.
"But that's enough about me because this class is about you. I'd like to start in the front row," clasping his hands together, he politely listened to everyone's introduction. Luckily En'Shurra was in the back, so she pondered what she would say about herself. Her weird Ranmael father? Her pure evil little sister? Her prodigy middle sister? Her...completely uneventful mother? Oh wait, this was supposed to be about herself...umm...her magical abilities? Favorite food? Favorite color? What do these people want from me?! For now she listened for ideas based on what others were saying while slipping her shoes and socks off and placing them underneath her desk. She wouldn't be needing those for a while and they were distracting her.

The uncomfortable sensation to relieve herself vanished once she laid eyes on the, unpredictably, make teacher. His words were spot on: she had no idea it'd be a man. Tetsu had never really been shy of men, but didn't know any either. During his introduction, she hadn't realized the shocked face she was wearing. By the time he was done that discomfort in her bladder returned, but she couldn't focus on that now—especially with her teacher being male. How awkward would that be? He seemed nice enough, seemed like he wanted to help. She decided that he had earned her respect. Her cheeks grew pink, not with intrigue of the man or embarrassment, but from holding the pressure in her bladder.

She kicked herself for having drank all that juice. There was no way she could excuse herself from the male for bathroom purposes. She balled her hands into fists, harder against her lap and tried to focus.

Once it was Kaz's turn she stood up but out of instinct, she placed her right hand in a fist over her heart and bowed her head. It was normal for old fashioned tribes like hers. As soon as she bowed her head she looked up at the teacher. "Guten morgan Herr Ceol. I am Kazuna Alcazar, but I prefer Kaz. I don't mind being called Kazuna though. As you can tell from my accent I'm obviously from Ranmael. I was born in a small tribe that still stays true to it's ancient values, so it's basically a small warrior's culture. I, like my brothers and sisters of kin, were put through the old test to prove our worth to the tribe." She pulled her glove off and showed her mark. "I earned my mark but I'm not sure if it's appropriet to leave it exposed or not.. Do I have to cover it up, Herr Ceol?" Kaz asked slightly worried he'd say yes.

Kaz seemed so down to earth when she first met her on the steps, but now Tetsu witnessed a side to her that something more. This girl was deep, far more than Tetsu had originally assumed. Her dark eyes fell on that tattoo and she felt a tingle shoot down her spine, hairs standing on end. Tetsu's face was still red, but her mind had something else to be distracted with now.

Wow! She's so cool! Tetsu didn't have anything like--in fact, she barely had the proper skills to train...

The bell, time was such a tedious thing. Necrosia half turned to see Dr. Winters', her handler's face, a mixture of sadness and tired understanding seeping though the blank mast the case worker kept between herself and the world. Had the words Necrosia had said been hurtful? Then she was swept up in the crowd, buried beneath a mass of bodies and propelled through the door. She was not used to this but then, what was she used to?

A hand reached out and tooks hold of her shoulder but she didn't bother to look, it would be the teacher taking her to class. Another pair of eyes in yet another face. People were such a tedious thing. Her class was close without wasting a word she was propelled into the room and took the closest empty seat to the door, her alone out of uniform and in her M.E.S.

When the teacher, Mr. Ceon, entered she didn't react one of the few who didn't. She only repeated his name softly to better remember it and kept her eyes fixed forwards. Not a muscle moved as the students in the front row introduced themselves and this continued until the student seated next to her was seated, then slowly she rose from her seat.

There was no doubt in her mind; she liked to think she had transcended such things but in reality she felt nothing at all. She assumed they were dead, but little did she know that theory would be tested before the war was through.

"A am Necrosia. I am dead. Nothing else matters."

No doubt the teacher would have been briefed about her and her 'condition' and if he wasn't them it wasn't her job to correct this oversight unless the man pursued her with questions. Explaining over and over again that she was a freak was such a tedious thing.

One of the girls spoke in Ranmaeli, which both Ceon and En'Shurra knew for obvious reasons. However, some of the class wasn't so lucky and exchanged confused glances, probably knowing only the official language of Altresia that was what everyone most commonly spoke, that being Altrenese. Luckily for them the girl switched to that for her explanation. Upon reveal of the tattoo, Ceon gave a knowing nod. "It's the policy of Unity Hall to accept the Ranmaeli Marks. I have no problem with any other forms of self expression either, but I can't speak for everyone in that regard," he explained. En'Shurra had predicted such a carefree attitude based on his own way of dress, which was way too casual for the formalness of what his uniform would imply.
"In fact," he continued, then nodded over to En'Shurra. "I don't even care about the 'no shirt, no shoes, no service' rule either. Well, I would say taking tops off is a-okay, but I don't need another sexual harassment charge," he said in another joking tone. He chuckled at his own joke before excusing himself. "Sorry, sorry. Let's get back to the introductions." En'Shurra was impressed how he had noticed her way in the back while still concentrating on what everyone was saying. He was wearing glasses, squinting, and even had a cane, yet his eyesight was easily within the normal range? Hmm...she wondered if those glasses were just for show or were actually some sort of sci-fi gadget.
Eventually it was the turn of someone in a strange suit. For those who could already sense essence they would have noticed that it was in fact an M.E.S. powered by her M.E.S. amplifier. What was even more odd was her saying that she was dead. Ceon cleared his throat after she gave her little introduction and began tapping his fingers on the pedestal, deep in thought. "Many more things matter, and hopefully we can prove it to you one of these days. Bythe way, class, your M.E.S. suits are also considered approved attire to wear. After introductions I'm going to hand out M.E.S. amplifiers to everyone, which is what she's using, only from a different "manufacturer" that our school has received. They give out an essence signal that anyone can sense or view with special technology to determine what side you're one, and they can also help you transform by doing most of the work developing the suit of essence for you. For those who don't use it to transform you will have an M.E.S. that looks unique to you, but even so be sure to keep the amplifier around for identification purposes. Become familiar with both the essence that gives off and the ones from your classmates. Don't worry, I'll go into more detail on the subject soon, but for now let's go back to the introductions."

Kaz giggled at his joke. "Thank you Herr Ceol." She bowed and sat down, her introduction being complete. She was quite intrigued with the girl who said she was dead. Could she really be dead? Or was she just saying that?

It was hard to focus on what Mr.Ceol was saying after Tetsu heard the second girl introduce herself, despite all the important things he was saying. These were things she needed to know. But all she could think about was Necrosia. 'Sh-she's dead?!' Did this happen often? Would this happen to her?! Was it part being a magical girl? Would she die on the battlefield and come back a zombie? How long would she have to live as a zombie? 'W-wait… is she really a zombie?!' The girl who normally had her eyes on her teacher didn't realize she was staring at the back of the dead girl's head. She was one seat to the left behind her in the second row. All she could look at was that silver hair. However, she didn't reek. Was she really dead?

Reality hit Tetsu hard and she shook her head slightly, eyes squeezed shut. It was rude to stare, and to ignore the teacher. She opened one eye, finding it back on Necrosia.

Kaz put her glove back in ther pack and crossed her right leg over the left. She wasn't used to skirts.. Her tribe lived on one of the many snowy mountains so she usually wore fur clothing. Or at least clothes with legs..

She started to think about Necrosia, was it just her that was dead at the school? Or were there others? Is there an army of undead magical girls? That thought peeked Kaz's interest. An undead army of magical girls.. That would be a powerful army. Probably unstopable. Questions only lead to more questions so Kaz stopped wondering on the topic and started listening to Herr Ceol.

Morrow became very still as she though about what she would say. She should have realized there would be introductions. That was a normal thing that normal schools did. Ceon hadn't asked an actual question, so how did he expect her to respond? Her hand still held the pencil delicately, so as not to break it, despite her anxiousness. Slowly, she wrote out her name.

Deedra sat back in her chair, slightly bored of the chattering around her, or so she let on. In fact she was trying to pay attention to as much of the conversations going on around her, that is until the teacher walked in. A man, how interesting. Deedra sat up and even leaned forward slightly as he told the girls in the room a bit about himself.

Then her fellow classmates begain to introduce themselves, a barbarian from Ranmael. She had heard rumors about the tribal people, but never had met one before. Deedra considered the girl. She was going to be tough. Then there was the girl that claimed she was dead. She was odd enough wearing her M.E.S. suit in class, and Deedra was ready to laugh with her pernouncement, but their teacher seemed to not bat an eye. Had the girl really died? Weird! But even if she had, why was she so stony. Thought she was better then the rest? Deedra frowned.

Deedra was already aware of essence and was glad to be able to know exactly what Mr. Ceon was talking about. Then it was her turn to introduce herself. Gracefully, after all she needed to make a good impression, she stood out of her chair.

"My name is Deedra Powell and I'm sixteen years old." She looked around the room smiling at everyone, then went back to looking at their teacher. "I am from a long line of magical girls, my mother and both my grandmothers being just the latests." Deedra did NOT mention her older sister. "I am very much looking forward to continuing to learn how to use my powers and get to know everyone." That was a stretch to say the least. Her powers so far seemed useless in combat and most these girls she didn't care about, but she had to play nice if she was going to advance at all. Getting her powers to work better and actually being more talnted then all these hacks was all that mattered.

Giving Mr. Ceon one last grin she then neatly sat herself back down.

Kaz began drawing Ranmaeli symbols around the song she wrote, she was eager to begin her training. She started to dream about the vigorous training, if it would be brutal or easy. All she knew is that she had to be tougher than the others, she had to use her tribal training to her advantage, but what if it was outdated? Even if it is, the experience of her survival and swords training will give her an edge.