Generic personality types for muses/characters that you're tired of seeing.

owls

— monachopsis
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
whenever i'm able.
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
tl ; dr - cyberpunk, high fantasy, urban fantasy, rural fantasy, /fantasy/, horror, eastern. romance alongside all of these things, i just don't want it to have tooo much focus. like, if our characters click, then they click. and we should act on that, totally.

✔ ( soft cyberpunk ). easy on the cyber aspect of it, more so focused on the adjustment of a human ego to a world over saturated with tech and bereft of real privacy. though of course, i'd also be down to jam with someone that was more obsessed with the science facets.

✔ ( high fantasy ), involving old & hungry gods, things that want to be gods. quests spanning nations, generations. think dragon age ( though i'm pretty dim on the lore in that game, it's been actual years ). maker have mercy on me.

✔ things involving supernatural creatures of any kind, especially when in the modern era. i love the idea of urban magic. werewolves at subways. towns full of things that crawl and slither. so uh, ( urban fantasy )?

✔ ( horror ). spook me babe. give me zombies and wriggling things with too many teeth.

✔ ( eastern ). whether arabian nights or something inspired by the three kingdoms period, i'm good with whatever.
Mostly making this thread for my own benefit, so I don't end up creating someone everyone's already seen a million times.
I'll start with something utterly basic:

THE ICE BITCH
This chick is cold, cruel, and probably has a suite of daddy issues. She's more than likely short, always described as having ~porcelain skin~, and has a lean towards sadism. Maybe their writer enjoys calling eyes ( insert color here ) orbs.

Dang, nobody?? I thought it was a fun idea

THE CHOSEN ONE

Typically a school age girl with little to no friends. She is preferably beautiful, but sometimes authors will settle for just pretty. The Chosen One will never be aware of this. This lady will have some innate, ridiculous power unique to her that will serve as a deus ex machina later on in the story. An obligatory love triangle between two other men that has absolutely nothing to do with the plot is required.

If you recognize this trope, it means you've read a YA book before.

Not gonna lie, everytime I thought of a trope I realized I had a character that was a diet version of that trope. Otherwise, I'd give you a few.

The extremely shy/antisocial girl, but it has more to do with those being written very passively most of the time, leaving the other writer to do the legwork.

Reactions: owls
The perpetually innocent and happy characters. -l-

They're sometimes fun to fuck with if your own character is provocative enough for that to be in-character.

Reactions: owls