Usually
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I like most. It's the plot that decides.
Inspired by the thread about food allergies, what are you allergic to, excluding food?

I managed to inherit my mother's allergy of cats and dogs, as well as birch pollen.

Certain soaps. I'm not sure what exactly it is, my they make me super itchy, and in worse cases I get hives o_o"

Bees.... bees!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found out because when I was younger... I was a badass little boy who thought nothing could hurt me, so I went and knocked over a beehive. When my mother saw me, she said I looked like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, Quasimodo XD. From that day on... I say away from all bees lol.

Several pollens, Benedryl, and the cold. Pollens make my eyes have issues and my nose runny, Benedryl literally worsens any reaction I take it for along with the normal drowsiness effect, and the cold gives me hives, aches, breathing problems, and drowsiness.

I'm allergic to latex, any sort of adhesive and most metals. I cannot wear a wedding ring because I'm allergic to gold, silver, titanium...all of them. Can't wear any kind of earrings either. Quitting smoking is impossible because the only effective way for me is the patch, and I can't wear the patch because I'm allergic to them. (Tried it for a month. Didn't smoke at all, but my skin would start peeling off along with the damn patch, so I had to stop wearing them.) I can't use band-aids at all. The big one is latex though. Even a second of contact and I'm itching like crazy, any more and my throat starts to close up.

Ooh! I forgot, I'm also allergic to most metals, so I can't wear costume jewellery. Basically >.> it's gold/silver or nothing else. I have no choice in being expensive and picky in jewellery.

Ooh! I forgot, I'm also allergic to most metals, so I can't wear costume jewellery. Basically >.> it's gold/silver or nothing else. I have no choice in being expensive and picky in jewellery.
I can't even be expensive. lol

I can't even be expensive. lol
Awwh shucks ;w;

One trick I learned was coating costume jewellery (the part that touches the skin) with clear nail polish. But it's tedious and well I don't wear much jewellery anyway.

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
Awwh shucks ;w;

One trick I learned was coating costume jewellery (the part that touches the skin) with clear nail polish. But it's tedious and well I don't wear much jewellery anyway.
Yeah, I tried that. It didn't work. =/ I have two wedding rings that I tried it on, one gold and one silver. I still ended up with blisters all over my finger.

Seasonal allergies, and a nickel allergy.
Certain metals coming in contact with my skin can cause a burning sensation that leads into itchiness, and a rash. Jewelry, belt buckles, etc. Just like someone mentioned above if it isn't gold or silver I cant safely wear it for the aforementioned reasons.

Since I find gold to be ugly I only wear sterling silver jewelry for all my piercings. I've worn sterling silver since I was a kid, and it has never given me problems.

Almost forgot I also have sensitive skin, so soaps with a lot of fake fragrances can irritate me. Huge name brand ones. So I use organic soaps or ones with more natural ingredients than not. Soaps from the Shea Moisture line are really great imo, and last a long time.

For me, it's seasonal allergies, pollens, dogs, cats, and one other I can't remember. I had to go in for testing and oh my god, I've never had something itch that bad in my life. I'm mostly allergic to dogs and pollens. I have two little dogs and it sucks not being able to hold them as much as I want. Luckily, I'm not allergic to any foods :'D

I have sensitive skin, so I can't put any scented lotions on my skin. I'm also allergic to any kind of metal, except titanium. Along with those, I also have seasonal allergies, particularly during the winter.

Pollen, dust, and dogs (sadly). My eyes well up and I start to have a sneezing fit. But I am also a stubborn person who would clean the shit out of dusty places and snuggle dogs whenever I see 'em, lmao.

I'm allergic to the penicillin family of antibiotics and have to take other forms of antibiotics when I get infections.

If I DO end up getting prescribed penicillin (or amoxicillin or whatever) and I end up taking it, I break out in itchy hives ALL OVER my body and want to die.

I'm allergic to pollen, dust, and pet dander. They trigger my asthma real bad, I get red, nose runny and my eyes tear. Luckily I'm not allergic to any medication.

Grass pollen. Yes, just grass pollen. All other pollen are fine with me, mow the grass and my eyes swell up and my nose starts to run.

Also wasp/bee/mosquito stings. 8D I know, everyone gets a reaction from it. My swells just tend to be like two times worse than the average person around me has them.

Certain metals like mentioned before. I can wear silver/golds just fine, however. Anything else makes me itch and it is one of the reasons why my ear piercings are disappearing...

I also have a pretty sensitive skin. I haven't quite figured out what exactly triggers it, but as some before me have said it; products with a lot of fake fragrances irritate it. Chamomile as well, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.