- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
GenChat || Sign-ups || IC

This the General Chat thread! This is where questions, comments, and concerns will be posted as well as out of character chatter.​

ROUND 1: END
ROUND 2: June 24th - July 24th

Should have mentioned this earlier but I had a tiring day yesterday and when I was available, it was only to talk and answer questions. Anyway, because of Wicked's schedule eating 'em alive, I've decided to archive Lou until Wicked decides to return. I've also decided to conclude round 1. What does this mean for the current scene? We'll time skip to the next day and I'll let Namora decide if Cerise is still captured or not. If so, Zelda and Angelica could have returned to the girl's cave with the news of her capture during the night and we'll pick up again with the girls planning a rescue mission. This could be the opportunity for both sides to meet. The time skip will also allow for a smoother migration for the newest members and open up new opportunities for character interaction.

I'll start up round 2 later today/tonight and tomorrow I'll do what I had planned to do yesterday and work on updating/reworking the OOC thread again since I'm still getting questions about things that are already written out. I didn't have a clear idea on how long I should keep each round open for but swing as the first round managed to drag on for months I'm setting the closing date exactly thirty days after the initial opening, which means round 2 is opening today, June 24th, and closing July 24th.

Happy roleplaying and may the muse be with you :)

[Warning=red]From now on, you want to have a creature attack, you run it by me first.[/warning]

I.
II.
W.I.P.
FAQ

Last edited:
→ Name: Sorrell Edelstein
→ Age: 17
→ Grade: Senior
→ Sex: Male
→ Gender: Male
→ Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
→ Appearance:
zero_kiryu_by_kaiyamaikagami-d6rxg3v.png
894ad5dbbbf3bfaf83d91385f9d63627_480.jpg

Sorrell stands at only 5'7" with pale skin, silver-white hair and pretty violet eyes. His features are soft and can sometimes be feminine. He cares about hygiene but will push that aside during the challenge as they don't know where they will be.
→ Apparel: His everyday clothes consist of a light blue dress shirt under a baggy white knit sweater, black jean and grey vans. When in combat, Sorrell wears a light blue jacket with black accents that is lined with light chain mail underneath, black pants and black boots. He also has an enchanted pack that can carry the following items:
-a well stocked medical kit
-food rations
-3 flasks of water
-5 toxic potions
-8 smoke bombs
-4 stink bombs
-extra clothes, both for winter and summer

→ Element: Gravity

→ Familiar:
galaxy_wolf_edition__adoptable_3_by_vanillaadog-d623d7k_zps24d31a0f.png
a starry wolf named Ammy

→ Strengths: His heart; Sorrell has a big heart and is willing to forgive and forget.

→ Weakness: He is a bit naive and has a slight temper

→ Ambitions: To one day find equality between the schools

→ Likes: cooking, reading, tending to his familiar, napping in the sun

→ Dislikes: the feud, being alone, spiders

→ Other: His favorite thing to make is cakes and chocolates and likes someone who has a large appetite. He also likes a man who can make him laugh.

→ Personal Spells:
Distortion - A spell that can temporarily alter the gravity of a battle field. Lasts only for 5 minutes. If he tries to hold it for any longer, he will start to bleed from the nose and become light headed.

Light Weight - With this ability, Sorrell is able to make himself lighter than a feather and float up into the air. He can do this with any object or person as well if he so wishes, but will require more concentration and sometimes he won't be able to bring them back down so he rarely ever does it to any other person.

Meteor Crash - This can only be activated after Light Weight, as this will cause Sorrell to plummet straight back with the speed of a meteor. This is very dangerous, as of not done properly, Sorrell can cause great amounts of harm to himself. (This one is self explanatory)

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap, kinda removed the whole "familiars are made of your element" from the rules and forgot to put in the familiar description but uh... not sure myself how a familiar can be made of gravity xD Maybe of stars and galaxies? That woud be pretty ^.^ Besides that it looks good so far.

And Zero <3

You know I was worried about having a but load of females but now we may need more of them!

Last edited:
Zero-kun <3 I actually considered taking Kaname before as faceclaim at least xD

Hmm I would say stars and such are more light... I don't know wjat would fit with gravity....

galaxy_wolf_edition__adoptable_3_by_vanillaadog-d623d7k_zps24d31a0f.png
galaxy_wolf_adoptable_closed_by_dragorne-d7b2eed.png
4ceaf7fdcc95e5701b97f38794f7e452.jpg
4b4203fcc2ba017bca36650b5b87ab62.jpg

Just some examples :) Just no winged wolves o.o

And elements will over lap. Nothing wrong with that. But I guess a black wolf would do just fine too.

Last edited:
I shall take the first 1 when I finally get the computer back.

I hope I didn't make you think you had to choose one of those D: I just thought they were pretty.

They are pretty. That's why I decided to choose one of them. I still want to keep the name. Cookie for anyone who can guess the game where the name came from.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Isn't Amaterasu-ōmikami the Japanese goddess of the Sun and the Universe? Otherwise I got nothing xD

Last edited:
Close. You do play as amatarasu in the game. You are literally on fire with finding that out.

nah, its job isn't to insta kill, I don't intend to have anything instakill exept genesis. which he's banned from casting.

OOOO! I wanna join this!! ~ Could I reserve a male with a Spirit element!! I'll make a female too, I just wanna reserve that ;) Gotta read the rest of the stuff lol

And the Nature element for the girl ;) I'll get to work on my character sheets right away!

Noctis the Devious updated Caster's Challenge with a new update entry:

T-2

We need two more female characters to start! As well as all the character reserves to be finished up and accepted x) So, either someone can make a third female character, or I'll let the next person who comes by claim two female characters.
When doubling please play one of each gender and do not claim both counterparts to an element.
→ First come, first serve for a limited time: since we need two more female characters to start, I'll let someone double as two females....​
Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Alright, accepted :) Though just to be cleared, Ina's calming ability weakens an attack, right?

Also, so everyone knows, I've made some edits to my own character sheets a little while ago:

Raina: Added a cropped headshot of my own drawing of her as a faceclaim. Removed the tent from her supplies. Though it was an old fashion small tent thought it was a little over kill. All of her personal spells have been expanded upon. Included a picture of Batter.

Trent: Self Light has been explained. Included a picture of Willow.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
Alright, accepted :) Though just to be cleared, Ina's calming ability weakens an attack, right?

Also, so everyone knows, I've made some edits to my own character sheets a little while ago:

Raina: Added a cropped headshot of my own drawing of her as a faceclaim. Removed the tent from her supplies. Though it was an old fashion small tent thought it was a little over kill. All of her personal spells have been expanded upon. Included a picture of Better.

Trent: Self Light has been explained. Included a picture of Willow.
Yes, it does. I shall edit it later so things will be more clear. My mind just went blank when I tried to come up with a better explanation of it xD

kawaii-shy-anime-boy.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Name ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Grayson Matthew Heyes[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Age ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]18[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Grade ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Senior[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Sex ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Male[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Gender ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Male[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Sexual Orientation ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Pansexual[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Appearance ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Grayson has pale violet eyes, and longish dark hair that comes past his ears. It's long enough that he could probably tie it back in a real puny ponytail. Not that… he would choose to, but still. His build dramatically lacks muscle; it's a wonder he can lift a gallon of milk. But he's flexible and lithe, if though lanky. His height is 6'2'', further affecting his lankiness.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Apparel ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Usually baggy jeans and sweatshirts that hide his frame, along with scarves and jackets. And then, of course, his glasses, which he hardly ever takes off. He didn't bring much supplies, other than a couple of crystals that aid in tracking, a waterskin, and a small amount of rations he keeps in a small bag.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Element ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Spirit[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Familiar ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A wisp in the form of a raven, called [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Branwen[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Strengths ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Listening || Being Quiet || Running || Good at Thinking Things Through || Very Calm & Collected || Clever || Defensive & Protective Spells || Analytical || Psychology || Tracking[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Weakness ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Fairly Emotionless || Shy || Offensive Spells || His Eyesight || Pessimistic || Not Trusting of Pretty Much Everyone || Sucker for Crying || Phobia of Cats || Bit of a Coward[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Ambitions ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He doesn't know what he wants in the world. He does, vaguely, know he might want to help in catching criminals, with his tracking skills.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Likes ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Reading || Alone Time || Long Trips || Dogs || Classical Music || Magic || Heights[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Dislikes ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Thunder & Lightening || Fighting & Arguing || Jerks || Being Left Behind || Enclosed Spaces[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Other ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Without his glasses, he's practically blind.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]→ Personal Spells ←[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Spirit Tracking: Has different variations. Everything living has a spirit, and Grayson can use that fact.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]One variation of the spell allows him to sense the spirit of human beings, allows him to tell where the nearest people are. The further radius he pushes, the more energy it takes. He can delve into a spirit to gauge certain aspects about the person, though he rarely does this. It's improper and it wastes energy. Each person's spirit though, has a different 'marker' and he has learned to pick up on that.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Another variation is a literal tracking skill. He can follow the 'trail' of someone's spirit. For it to work, he needs to have already 'sensed' the person's soul, via the first variation, though an object that is extremely close to the person could also work, it's just weaker. It takes a great deal of energy, the more the longer he keeps the spell up, to the point where he could faint.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Warming Touch: The spell does not refer to physical warming, but spiritual warming. Should someone feel down, with one touch he can quite literally 'lift their spirits', give them more content, happy-go-lucky feelings. They have the freewill to choose not to accept those feelings, of course.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]#8e83f2[/BCOLOR]​

Could you please put your characters in seperate posts? Otherwise, looks good :)

Edited the spells. Edited the familiar. Edited the stuff list. Hope that covers most of what needs covering. People need to remember, Genisis is 'banned' in any mage vs mage fights. and any fight that is non lethal.

Alright thank you :) One more thing I forgot (I have ADD so it's hard for me to easily organize things like this smoothly, sorry) please consult me before you use Genesis. There will be challenges and boss fights and I don't want you to use it and get mad at me when it doesn't work. Solutions to such challenges and ways to defeat big baddies will always consist of more than one person. But yeah congrats, you have been officially accepted :D

Status
Not open for further replies.