Gedar: War of Doctrine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, she was at least born one! So I guess that makes her female. :)

There isn't anything rational about free will. We should leave it at that

Well I can understand why you thought jello could be something else, she doesn't shout it at the rooftops precisely

Um well... I have no idea what to say. I wouldn't consider Shara to have a soul since Hludana is supposed to be the maker of the souls in Gedar, so I'm a bit doubtful about her. I don't mind her as a character, great idea and everything. I'm just not sure how it would fit completely with the factions. I can see if it works but I do have a question to point out.

If she was a dead person, then by bringing her to life, wouldn't they be committing sacrilege against the Kaien who is the deity of decay and the natural cycle of life?

She doesn't have a soul - it's artificial. In other words, not real. Like using plastic to mimic glass. The artificial soul won't get collected by anyone, it'll just disappear. How she fits in will be explained in the personal history section.

As for sacrilege, that's easily accountable in multiple ways.
1. The inventor was not actually affiliated with Kaien; simply asked her disciples for help.
2. The Acolyte was the one to cast the anti-decay enchantments, not Kaien herself.
3. The Kaien has her own personality too. Sure she has a duty to protect the world's balance, but she gets interested in things she doesn't understand too. The reason she didn't interfere was because she was curious to see what would happen.

Well I'm okay with it, so I'll add it later when I edit the post. Sorry for the trouble.

No problem. I expected something to come up about it since it was rather an unusual design.

This reminds me that I really should get around to finishing Eva's CS. And I'll be twiddling my thumbs in anticipation for the start of the RP.

Picture:
images.jpg

Appearance: he tries to look normal, but his demonic heritage seeps through regardless of what he does.

Name: Zri'darro

Title(s): The Demon Eater

Species/Faction: Tiefling

Religion: Order of Dreams

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: rash, impulsive and quick tempered. He ultimately means good to those close to him, but his demonic side is still happy for blood

Weapon(s):
Black Blade Familiars: Two familiars he owns and shaped into black swords. They are incredibly sharp for mortal beings and, when he's angry enough, can cut through steel.

Claw and Maw: He can let sickening claws and sharp fangs protrude out of himself once every few hours. They are as sharp as an animal would be, and just as strong

Physical Abilities:
Strength: Zri'darro has the strength of 2 men. He uses that with glee to empower his strikes to hit all the harder with his familiars

Agility: The Tiefling has focused on an agility style fighter when he moulded himself into a warrior. His acrobatics and speed are at it's peak. He can outmanoeuvre most of his foes on a whim.

Magical Abilities:
Life Drain: Like all demons, he has the ability to devour souls of creatures, their essence, and their life force. He would only ever use it against his foes, which are mainly demons , and tends to treat it like a ticking time bomb whrn he works with a group of allies

Familiar Summoning: He is capable of summoning and dismissing his blades at will, his familiars returning to a pseudo dream world when not active

Lesser demon domination: Zri'darro has the ability to dominate the will of demons less powerful than him, making them hid loyal minions. It's only been used twice, but he has the potential to make an army. The fact that he gains more power the more followers he has doesn't harm at all

Weaknesses:
Easily enraged: Zri'darro has a terribly short temper, which can be used to make him careless in defense

No armour: As it would hamper his agility, Zri'darro doesn't ware any armour. It makes him incredibly vulnerable to ranged attacks if he was too preoccupied to dodge it, or if it was too fast to dodge.

History:
Nobody knows exactly how it happened. Maybe his demonic parent wasn't interested in raising the child, maybe his human parent did so in the hopes of making walk the path of good. Maybe both his parents were curious what would have become of him. Regardless of how it happened, a half demon half human child arrived at the doorstep of the Order of Dreams.

Luckily for this child, a Dreamer found him. This dreamer took the infant to the head of his caste to ask what should be done. The head of the caste prayed to Jeralu for answers. The answer came, telling the Dreamer that found him to raise the child as his own in secret. It was an incredibly difficult child to raise, and life was never dull for the man.

As the years past, many things became clear. First that the child had named himself Zri'darro. He would not respond to anything else, and the aging dreamer had simply accepted it.

The second was the fact that Zri'darro had no Gossamer, and as such had no dreams. It was blamed on his demonic heritage, and was simply left at that.

Second was the fact that he could devour life itself like his demonic parent. That made his father go ill with worry, for it could be incredibly easy to find a demon out as such, thankfully Zri'darro could also eat normal food. He could live on safely.

Third was his taste for warfare. Zri'darro had started training in physical combat as if he was destined to be a sword master. He befriended a nightmare and fought her monstrosities with gleeful abandon

Last emerged when two demons attacked a camp ye and his father were tending to. These two demons killed the Nightmare that Zri'darro sparred with. The Tiefling flew in such a rage that he defeated both with a wooden practice sword. He then did something that would make him known across the order. He dominated the creatures, and forced them into his servitude. That was the only two demons he spared, but gave a Fate worse than death.

Eventuality came to play as the Tiefling outlasted his father to old age, yet he was still but a young man. He considers that Dreamer his father, and Jeralu his eternal mother. He is deeply religious to this day, and no creature that made itself his Goddess' enemy would not suffer his wrath

Other: he has a keen fascination with half breeds like himself

Last edited:
Character Application Sheet:

Picture:
iu

Appearance: An unusually short (6'8 feet tall) Ss'tavi. He has spots all over his skin, and wears the skull of a murdered beast.
Name: V'rsuk
Title(s): Demon Lizard
Species/Faction: Sstavi, Demon faction
Religion (If applicable): None
Alignment: True Evil
Personality: A cruel and heartless lizard. V'rsuk has no mercy upon his enemies, and usually lets them beg for mercy before he painfully and slowly murders them. He enjoys causing pain and is prideful of his infamous reputation. He is extremely loyal to Periculum, and would die if he so commanded it.
Weapon(s): A hooked mace created from the bones of not only other Ss'tavi but from creatures he has killed. He also carries a blowgun from which he shoots toxic darts.
Physical Abilities: V'rsuk is extremely agile, and while he is smaller in comparison to other Ss'tavi, he more than makes up for it in his ferociousness and strength, due to his lifestyle.
Magical Abilities: None.
Weaknesses:
Lack of Magic
Like all Ss'tavi, V'rsuk cannot use magic.

Extreme Temper

V'rsuk has a large temper, and he can be baited into doing something he otherwise would not have done.

History:
From the time he hatched, there was something wrong with V'rsuk. He was cruel. When he hunted, it wasn't for food, it was for amusement. Human hunters would come upon horrific scenes of carnage with the insides of an animal scattered around the area, and bodies with faces carved into them, as if something was some sick sense of humor had done it. Which in fact, was true.

V'rsuk lived a solitary life, he sought no mate because he only respected strength, and none were strong enough in his eyes. His territory consisted of an large marsh that turned into a crowded swamp. He would decorate his lair with the bodies and bones of the dead, and nothing went on without his knowing. When humans first began entering his land, he could do nothing, due to his small stature that occurred because of some defect during development. However, by the time he was fully grown, he was extremely strong, for he would train and soon enough he possessed wiry muscles. After that, when humans entered his land, he would ambush them, take anything he wanted, and then he would string up the bodies as a warning. He even began venturing outside his territory, to raid and steal. He would murder children and carve chilling smiles into their faces, and then lie in wait for their parents to discover them.

Eventually, V'rsuk learned of the demon lord, Periculum. He was intrigued, for Periculum sounded much like him. After a while, V'rsuk decided that his area held nothing for him, and as such he ventured out into the world, headed to Ruins of Yehd in order to view for himself the great Periculum, and if Periculum was worthy, ally himself with him.

Other: V'rduk is probably the most horrific and sadistic character I've ever used.

Dear lord. I foresee a lot of rivalry with my chars

Hello, I'm not certain if I'm allowed to post here, but I have some interests. Before I read too much into the lore, I was wonder if anyone would be willing to create a preexisting relationship with whatever character I may be making. Normally I just make character who stand alone, but I'd wish to try something different this time. Any takers?

No, I was asking what kind of relationship you were meaning.

Hmm. Frankly I'm not sure, I guess a sort of "partners in crime" sort of deal? Except that we don't actually need to be involved in crimes. Platonic partners, no real romance but still they're close friends. I can do same gender, opposite, incompatible orientation, whatever. Normally for fantasy RP's I'd make orcish characters, but I don't see that as an option and I don't feel like trying to implement them, so I'd either go Demon or Solus Human, which ever is more likely to be your partner.

I love that idea! Partners in crime!

Uhm as for which would go best... I would have to read up on the races again to refresh my knowledge of the different types.

Demon or Solus? We'd have to make a Solus, but we do have a witcher.

I'd be up for a partners in crime type thing.. However, my character who is extremely sadistic and evil, doesn't have 'friends' per say.. More like fellow associates, with whom he shares mutual respect

Status
Not open for further replies.