Status
Not open for further replies.
>.>
<.<

I posted one up. Eek.
Let's hope I finally work on this story :'D

• Love
Reactions: Shiri and Nav
I was just scrolling through my fictionpress and I am just sitting going... what the fuck are you? All I got is a title and that it was supposed to be my 2015 nano....

Neither- Nanowrimo 2015, description to come.

I wish past me gave me a clue because I would love to know what I meant.

Reactions: Nav
Oh yeah, I figured out what I am writing. This fiction. Do I know anything about the music industry? Nope. Am I going to research it? Nope. This is going to be fun.

Behind the voice- Christian Mitchell is the world famous singer, and my best friend who can sing decent, but can't write songs. I am his aspiring best friend, Richard Woods, an awesome song writer who is quite shy. I am the man behind his songs, the voice, if only they knew.

Also, I'm scoobycool9 on nano.

• Love
This'll be my first time participating in NaNoWriMo.
Commence the pile of worksheets!

• Love
Pantsing it sounds like a fun way to do it, but in practice even having just a little bit of prep work and an outline makes a huge difference.

And hey, you can always throw it all out the window and do something else if the inspiration strikes you.

• Useful
  • Love
Reactions: Greenie and Nav
My username on NaNoWriMo.org is otaku_lady89! Hit me up!

As for me, I'm a planner, but usually end up plantsing, because my plans tend to fall through thanks to horrible imposter-syndrome. XD

• Love
Every year I swear I'm going to do this, and every year I end up forgetting about it. Writing 50k words is a piece of cake, it's actually coming up with ideas that I like that mess me up. This year I might actually have something though. Maybe....I'm not entirely sure yet.

You could always try using some sort of story prompt site as a launching point for ideas. I've done that a bunch of times for short stories and it works out every now and then. You just need something to get the ball rolling and then to be able to keep going from there: Nano's always been a marathon rather than a sprint.

And hey, I've said before that you'll probably end up hating whatever you come up with anyway. So you might as well slog through it.

The NaNo forums also have an adoption society. People post tons of homeless plot ideas for all sorts of genres there.

I have never understood the premise behind Nano.

So you're writing a 50k word novel for fun? That's it?
Is it a contest? Is it judged?
Or is it more of challenge to see if you can write that much and share your story with your friends?

Or is it more of challenge to see if you can write that much and share your story with your friends?
It's a challenge for yourself. Whether you do it entirely for fun or because you want to get that novel you've been saying you'll finish for three years done is entirely up to you-- NaNo can be basically whatever you make of it. It can be something for good fun and community or something a lot more serious. No, it isn't judged. Yes, it's 50k, but technically it encourages you to finish the book, rather than just stop immediately at 50k. I even know of people who've set their own higher number above that.

Does that help at all? They also have an about page. c:

• Thank You
  • Useful
Reactions: Greenie and Reina
Ah. I see. That makes more sense now. I've seen it year after year, have looked on the page, and have never really understood it. Now I do. Thanks Rook.

Oh yeah, it is that time of year already. I keep thinking it would be interesting to try, but I never get to doing it. My boyfriend and I are moving out of our apartment next month, so this year is not a good year to try it. Ah well. I'm at least getting some writing done this month since I decided to do some writing for each Inktober prompt instead of drawing..not actually using ink, but at least it is fun.

For anyone doing NaNo, I wish you the best of luck and to have fun while working on your novels!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
We are drawing ever closer...

• Love
Reactions: Joan
  • Love
  • Love
dcb8fac9dd1e4b6a1ae3ae43da0d3bfff53d3cdcc83395cb8fb4df770e302287.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.