Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
My time zone is Mountain Standard Time. I work a very stressful job, and am usually busy.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I don't have a favorite genre. I can role-play under any genre and I enjoy doing so. Though, I tend to stray more towards Fantasy, Modern, Scifi, Drama, Magical, Supernatural, and Romance (BL/Hetero/GL).
Gaze Upon Me IC | IwakuRoleplay.com

heart_glow_frame_png__7__by_thea62237522-d5cpqos.png

Gaze Upon Me
~ Not Your Ordinary Love Game ~

divider.png

Introduction

Hello there! Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to read through my introduction and express interest for my new game. Gaze Upon Me is a game that I created specifically for the Romance genre, however, certain elements of the story causes G.U.M. to fall under other genres such as Drama/Suspense, Modern Fantasy/Horror, and Mystery. Hopefully these aspects will not deter you, but if you just so happen to be currently on the fence please stay and try to give it a shot! Gaze Upon Me is an adept game, so it requires comprehensive reading abilities, and full commitment. This is due to the fact that the players are required to develop their own plot with out the aid of the Game Master. While I do have a general plot in mind, I will not be participating in the game as a whole. I will only create events and will control certain aspects of the game. Certain decisions and actions will effect what happens to your character in the game, much like how real life choices and actions effect a person in real life.

divider.png

Summary

The Game takes place in a fictional city called Biddeford that's located on the west coast of the United States. There, our characters will mysteriously come across an add of your design detailing a brand new dating service that will surely meet their needs. For whatever reason the character has, they follow the instructions on the advertisement and sign up for the site. Soon after, the mysterious Match Maker pairs them with other individuals that signed up for the service. Unfortunately, the Match Maker is far from a friend, and the yearning characters are unaware to his scheming nature. Unknown to those who sign up, the Match Maker has trapped everyone in what he considers personal entertainment, a love game like no other. Now the entrees must strategically win the hearts of their match in order to not only attain love, but keep their lives. They learn quickly that those who fail suffer dire consequences and that there is no way to escape the Match Maker's clutches. How far will these unfortunate souls fight for the affections of those they are matched with? Everything is permitted on this battlefield, and all is fair when love is war.

divider.png

How It's Played

How this game will be played is different from other role-plays. In fact it's almost game like and because of this the game can be very interactive. Players who post often and interact around Biddeford might come across hidden items, random events, or occurrences that can change a character's course of action or possibly aid them in the game. Every other week I will start an event in the game. There are different types of events, and depending on the results people might be rewarded with things that can aid them in their quest for love. There is a special element in this game known as Love Gurus. Love Gurus can be asked advice in a situation that the characters find themselves in. Think of them as "Snake Eyes" in important situations. These are NPCs that are completely under my control, thus you are only allowed to us them twice a week. Anything regarding plot is up in the air right now, so I expect my lovely players to interact with each other to come up with ideas.

divider.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
heart_glow_frame_png__7__by_thea62237522-d5cpqos.png

Events

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just wanted to say one final thank you before we get this show on the road. Now clearly there are probably some things that are not entirely clear after reading the website and instructions. If there is anything that confuses you, or would like for me to explain further, then please let me know immediately.

Another note, I am expecting players with advanced skills in writing so if I find you lacking I do apologize in advance for removing you from the player list and the game. I will only accept character sheets that are satisfactory, so I apologize in advance if your sheet is not accepted immediately. This role-play is a first come first serve basis so certain aspects of characters may not be accepted because someone else already has those aspects. After I have all characters matched I will release the character sheets in the character vault and provide a link.

Important Note! Two characters with extraordinary abilities have already been claimed, thus there are only two more spots for this kind of character.

Reactions: Sparrow
Heeeeey, mommy, I'm in too. > 3 <

Hey guys, I just wanted to say one final thank you before we get this show on the road. Now clearly there are probably some things that are not entirely clear after reading the website and instructions. If there is anything that confuses you, or would like for me to explain further, then please let me know immediately.

Another note, I am expecting players with advanced skills in writing so if I find you lacking I do apologize in advance for removing you from the player list and the game. I will only accept character sheets that are satisfactory, so I apologize in advance if your sheet is not accepted immediately. This role-play is a first come first serve basis so certain aspects of characters may not be accepted because someone else already has those aspects. After I have all characters matched I will release the character sheets in the character vault and provide a link.

Important Note! Two characters with extraordinary abilities have already been claimed, thus there are only two more spots for this kind of character.
Hey, I have a curious question. What did you mean by "details" under the personality section? I'm not quite sure what i'm supposed to be giving details to.

An update on how many males and females we have!!!

Four males.

Three females.

Are those from that character sheets that have already been finished? P.s I'm working on a female right now

I have another update! The character vault has been updated with four completed character sheets. We currently have three males completed and one female completed. At the moment there is the possibility of one more male being added, and four females on the way. In total that means we will have Four males and Five Females.

Reactions: DANAsaur
I have another update! The character vault has been updated with four completed character sheets. We currently have three males completed and one female completed. At the moment there is the possibility of one more male being added, and four females on the way. In total that means we will have Four males and Five Females.
I shall start working on my dude today. -w-

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray
I seriously needed to track this ._.
Procrastination, why do you run me?!

*pokes head in* hello~? Uhm I will be making a female~

:: EDIT :: IF that is possible ^^;;

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Esmeray
UPDATE: I have updated the character vault with some more characters. I do not have all of their sheets up as I am still waiting on people to finish some small details. However there are few things that are starting to concern me. First of all, more than half the girls that are being introduced to me are SUPER YOUNG LOOKING. I do not want anymore young characters. Most the men in this role-play are in their late twenties so you guys need to bump up the appearances and the ages. I am no long excepting any characters under the age of twenty. Second of all, no more dead parents. I think just about every single character sheet that has been turned in mentions either one or both parents dying and how it changed them forever. NO MORE. Think of more original back ground stories please.

Another thing is that I am opening up more spots for the rp due to high demand, as such it is no longer an option to make a second character unless it is needed. The people who have more than one character were given that chance the moment they signed up due to my first come first serve rule.

If you have not finished or given me your character sheet I want it done by this Friday. If I do not have it by this Friday I am obliged to remove you from the role-play.

Edit:

BTW we now have a total of six girls and four boys.

Update: I need Three older girls from 22 to 28, and two younger boys from 18 to 23!!!

UPDATE: I have updated the character vault with some more characters. I do not have all of their sheets up as I am still waiting on people to finish some small details. However there are few things that are starting to concern me. First of all, more than half the girls that are being introduced to me are SUPER YOUNG LOOKING. I do not want anymore young characters. Most the men in this role-play are in their late twenties so you guys need to bump up the appearances and the ages. I am no long excepting any characters under the age of twenty. Second of all, no more dead parents. I think just about every single character sheet that has been turned in mentions either one or both parents dying and how it changed them forever. NO MORE. Think of more original back ground stories please.

Another thing is that I am opening up more spots for the rp due to high demand, as such it is no longer an option to make a second character unless it is needed. The people who have more than one character were given that chance the moment they signed up due to my first come first serve rule.

If you have not finished or given me your character sheet I want it done by this Friday. If I do not have it by this Friday I am obliged to remove you from the role-play.

Edit:

BTW we now have a total of six girls and four boys.

I could change Miriam's- ah right, they are alive. XD Sorry, I thought I killed them 'cause that was my plan first. Good thing I didn't. -w- She's 21. Would you like me to changer her age to 22 or 23?

I could change Miriam's- ah right, they are alive. XD Sorry, I thought I killed them 'cause that was my plan first. Good thing I didn't. -w- She's 21. Would you like me to changer her age to 22 or 23?
22 would be better ^^ More of a middle area that can go both ways

22 would be better ^^ More of a middle area that can go both ways

Okie. 23 a 24 works for me too. XD -w- I could also possibly change her to bisexual, since... I dunno. It seems like she would work with guys after all, but she's leaning towards girls. -w-

Status
Not open for further replies.