Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
My time zone is Mountain Standard Time. I work a very stressful job, and am usually busy.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I don't have a favorite genre. I can role-play under any genre and I enjoy doing so. Though, I tend to stray more towards Fantasy, Modern, Scifi, Drama, Magical, Supernatural, and Romance (BL/Hetero/GL).

cropped-Japan_Forest_City_Art.jpg

"Somewhere deep with in the concrete jungle of Biddeford the warm rays of the rising sun filtered through the young man's window. A disgruntled groan escapes from his diaphragm and off his flesh colored lips. Groggily he sits up, the sheets cascading down and away from him as he runs a hand through his messy hair. He stretches his arms high above his head, another low groan emitting out from deep inside him. Leaving the comforts of his wonderful bed, he walks over to a hibernating computer. Not taking a seat, he simply leans over as the screen lights up. He studies a window that he maximized carefully before a small smile blooms on his handsome face. Stepping away from the computer he walks over to closest window and pulls it open. The sea breeze fills the room as he gets a large breath of fresh air. His playful ambitious eyes look down towards the pavement below, and he could see the poor unfortunate souls scurry about their lives contributing to the usual hustle and bustle of the typical city scene. The breeze rustled his hair as it lazily flowed past him into the dimly lit room behind him. Somehow he had this ache in his bone, and he knew that today is going to be a wonderful day for love to blossom. Spinning on his heels he returns his attention to the monitor glowing across the room. Approaching it, he sits down and begins to work. He is going to make love blossom. "

Event
- Setting -
Biddeford
8:00 am
Summer
Sunny, Partly Cloudy

The City of Biddeford is lively at eight o' clock in the morning. Schools are in session, work is to be done, and a routine to follow. The citizen's go about their day as planned, but for a lucky few a new opportunity strikes them. They happen across an advertisement, something that came to them either by flyer, commercial, radio, or verbally, that offers a free membership to a new dating website in desperate need of publicity. This lucky individual is immediately captivated, the words are exactly what is needed in order to push them to take the chance on the service it highlights. These curious souls does whatever necessary to remember the information the notice gives them. They take a picture perhaps, print out the ad, or maybe take the flyer with them. With the important information needed to apply for the membership, the small band of hopeful people follow the instructions given to them, and take the first step to finding love.

Instructions:

Tomorrow at 12:00 pm, search for GazeUponMe.Com in your provided search engine.
A link for the website will appear at the top of your search, click on it.
You will be directed to the website, and in the upper right corner a sign up link.
Do not click the sign up link, there will be a "redeem code" option underneath it.
Click that link and you will be directed to a page where you will fill in a text box with the code provided on your advertisement.
If your advertisement is with out a code, please contact this number: 1-800-1063-2333.
The service woman on the other end will ask you a series of questions before offering you a code.
Once you have entered your code and selected the next button, you will be taken to a new page.
One this page you will fill out a series of questions that will help us determine your match.
Viola! You've successfully earned a free membership and a chance for love.

However, after following the instructions carefully, the server kicks them out. They try frantically to reload the page and return to the site, but to your surprise the link to the website has disappeared. Unable to do anything of the situation they wait to see what happens. The following day they receive a notice by phone from the website that their servers were down due to some complications, but were able to receive their clients information. They deeply apologized for the error and assured it wouldn't happen again. Following the notice, the character is given another notice that they have been matched.

The Parings

~

Brianna Herondale
[spoili]

Noah
Oliver
Hitoshi

[/spoili]

~

Donovan Maynard
[spoili]

His Gaze Is Mine

Unmatched

[/spoili]​

~

Hitoshi Yuchiyama

[spoili]
Kaitlyn
Brianna
Theresia

[/spoili]

~

Katelyn Winters
[spoili]

Shiroshi
Hitoshi

[/spoili]

~

Nessa Blathant
[spoili]

Oliver
Shiroshi

[/spoili]

~

Noah Reed
[spoili]

Oliver
Brianna
Nessa

[/spoili]

~

Oliver Kain
[spoili]

Brianna
Nessa
Noah

[/spoili]

~

Saul Mitchelle Distor
[spoili]

Shiroshi

[/spoili]

~

Shiroshi Raidon
[spoili]
Thereisa

[/spoili]

~

Skylar Metharom
[spoili]
Miriam
[/spoili]

~

Thereisa Fraser
[spoili]

Shiroshi
Oliver
Hitoshi

[/spoili]

~

Let the game begin.​

Shiroshi had begun the day as he always had. He had woken up, showered, and went down to eat breakfast with his mom and grandparents. Talk was light and simple about what the day's plans would hold and what they wanted for dinner that night. Then the family would go their separate ways. His mom would go to work at a small bakery that was just down the street. His grandparents would stay at home and cook and clean and run any small errands that the family needed to run. Shiroshi would start making his way to the Salty Dog to see if the manager would want him to come and play for the night. Most of the time he got lucky and the manager would ask him to stay and play. Other times he didn't and the manager would send him home.

Luck didn't seem to be on his side that day as the manager said he didn't need him to play for the guests tonight since. With a long face and a heavy heart Shiroshi started walking home with his head down and his hands in his pockets. "I want a change..I need something to change..I feel like i'm just going through the same routine each day..the same old story.." He stopped as he caught a glimpse of an ad that had been stapled to a telephone pole. "Find love..just sign up?" Maybe this could be the change he was looking for. Shiroshi tore the poster down and carefully folded it up and put it into his pocket and continued on his way home.

Once he got home he sighed a bit and called out to the house. "Kon'nichiwa ojīchan! Kon'nichiwa o bāchan! Tadaima!" (Hello Grandpa! Hello Grandma! I'm home!) His grandparents spoke English but not a lot of it so most of the time Shiroshi and his mother spoke in Japanese around them. They only spoke in English when they were talking about something private or when they had company over as to not make them feel uncomfortable. He found his grandparents sitting out on the back porch and joined them for a bit. "Ojīchan? Chotto o kiki shite mo īdesu ka?" (Grandpa can I ask you something?)"Anata wa watashi ni nanika o motomeru koto ga dekimasu" (You can ask me anything) Shiroshi let out a slow breath and rubbed the back of his head before asking "Watashi wa watashinojinsei no henka o nozomunara, watashi wa sore o tsuikyū suru hitsuyō ga arimasu ka?" (If I desire a change in my life should I pursue it?) His grandfather merely laughed and smiled at his grandson "Yūki o henkō shimasu. Yūki wa, tatakau tame ni. Yūki wa ikite imasu" (Courage to change, courage to fight, courage to live)

Shiroshi smiled at his grandfathers words. They were the words that he had been raised on and so he should have realized that his grandfather would have told him that. He nodded once and stood up quickly "Arigatō. Ojīchan" (Thank you grandpa) With that Shiroshi hurried up the stairs to sign up for the site that the ad described. He followed each step as carefully as he possibly could. Answered each question with as much honesty as he could and let out a slow breath when he had finally finished. When the site crashed he panicked. He tried countless times to refresh the page, to find the site again but the stupid ERROR 404 kept popping up. He punched his desk in frustration and stood up "Stupid site...I should have known it was a hoax from the beginning"With a heavy heart and a tired mind Shiroshi had turned in to go to bed.

When he awoke the next morning he had started to go through his normal routine again when he suddenly heard his phone go off. That was strange who could be messaging him that early in the morning. He picked up his phone and checked the message only to see the words "YOU HAVE BEEN MATCHED!!"

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
Kazuo Uchiyama

It was 8:00 a.m in the morning but unlike some of the other students who attended Biddeford University.Kazuo was already awake,dressed and had just finished eating breakfast by the time it was 8:00 a.m.It seemed like it was going to be another usual summer day as he went to go check the mail.Since his mother had already left for work earlier checking the mail and taking out the trash was his responsibility.Once he went outside he stopped and gazed up at the sky with his violet eyes,'Hm...it's sunny yet party cloudy today.It looks like it's going to be a good day and so far everything is on schedule.'He thinks then continues walking to the mailbox.Upon reaching the mailbox he opens it and takes the mail out of it before shutting it.He stands there and begins to look through the mail seeing a letter from his aunt Tatsuki to his mom.Then he sees other regular mail,some junk mail and a strange pink piece of paper that is folded over.He raised an eyebrow upon seeing the paper because he hadn't expected something like that to be with the mail.Upon further inspection he was sure that the mail man had not delivered it.Since there was no address or label anywhere on it he was sure someone else had stuck it in the mailbox.

Kazuo was curious to know what it was but he would wait to find out for now.He wanted to go back inside the house first because he always read the mail that addressed to him inside.Do to the paper not having an address he had already figured out that it was a flyer but not what it was for.As he held the mail and the flyer in his right hand he made his way back to the front door then opened it.After stepping back inside he shut the door locking it behind him then he walked into the living room to sit down.Now that he was comfortably seated on the couch he laid the mail down and curiously opened the folded flyer.He blinked in disbelief at the Heading,"Gaze...Upon Me? What kind of weird flyer is this and who put it in the mailbox?"He said in a confused tone while thinking out loud.Then his eyes begin to carefully scan the text as he silently holds the flyer giving it his full attention.

[bg=#F660AB]

Gaze Upon Me - The Chance of Your Life!

Tired of spending your evenings alone? Want some excitement in your life? With these simple steps, your life will take a turn for the interesting in no time! Sign up for Gaze Upon Me today, and discover the love of your life!

Instructions:

Tomorrow at 12:00 pm, search for GazeUponMe.Com in your provided search engine.
A link for the website will appear at the top of your search, click on it.
You will be directed to the website, and in the upper right corner a sign up link.
Do not click the sign up link, there will be a "redeem code" option underneath it.
Click that link and you will be directed to a page where you will fill in a text box with the code provided on your advertisement.
If your advertisement is with out a code, please contact this number: 1-800-1063-2333.
The service woman on the other end will ask you a series of questions before offering you a code.
Once you have entered your code and selected the next button, you will be taken to a new page.
One this page you will fill out a series of questions that will help us determine your match.
Viola! You've successfully earned a free membership and a chance for love.
[/bg]

Now that Kazuo had read and reread all of the text from the flyer his mind was processing what he had just read.He had never heard of Gaze Upon Me so he guessed that it was new,"A flyer for a dating site? How strange.It's probably a scam or some site for adults looking for fun instead of love.Maybe I should just ignore it and throw it away.Then again...what if it is a site that actually matches people looking for love?"He calmly thought out loud.At the moment the gears of his mind were turning as he was analyzing the situation,"I've never had a girlfriend before.Maybe I'll give it a try.What harm could come of it after all?"He thought finally reaching his decision.

Hours later after going to his class at Biddeford University then working afterwards he was now tired and back at home.After getting home and eating,he was on the site carefully following the instructions on the flyer step by step.In nearly an hour he was reading his last question,"What kind of person would you best describe yourself as? Select all that apply.Hmm...I would best describe myself as...honest,introvert and intellectual.Okay,now...submit."He says reading while thinking out loud some.As soon as he clicked the submit button the page began to load then all of a sudden he was kicked out of the site.He furrowed his brows in confusion at the[/h1] ERROR 404 code.Upon that happening he couldn't believe it because everything was all gone,"What? What's going on? I guess that site was just someone's childish prank."He said in a disappointed tone.

He let out a sigh then he closed his web browser and turned his laptop off,"I'm just going to forget all about that idiotic site and go relax instead."He said still feeling disappointed and frustrated.So he walked over to his vinyl records picking out Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata and putting it on the record player.After turning the record player on and placing the needle on the record he went to his bed to lay down.He removed his black frame glasses placing them neatly folded on his nightstand and laid down on his back on his bed.As the song began to play Kazuo closed his eyes and smiled as it's melody began to soothe him.He would just lie there on his bed allowing himself to forget all about the site.

He knew his mother had came home earlier shortly before he did but she had fixed herself up for an evening out.When he got home she told him she had bought some food for him to eat and that she would be back later.Which was at almost 8:00 p.m because of how much time she spent with her romantic of a boyfriend.He mind her boyfriend at all since he was a nice guy who was very organized and well mannered.As long as he continued to treat his mother right Kazuo would continue to be fine with him dating her.As he silently laid there in thought Kazuo slowly drifted off into a peaceful sleep before he knew it.By the time he woke up it was morning and since his mother didn't want to wake him she had left him a note.He looked at the time on his black watch seeing that it was 9:00 a.m then he sat up in disbelief,"I overslept?! That isn't like me at all...my internal clock normally wakes me up at the same time every morning."He said then quickly got up from his bed.

He turned the record player off then rushed into the bathroom took a quick shower,brushed his teeth and got dressed.Once he was dressed he styled his hair covering one eye with his hair like always then his books shoving them into his backpack.He grabbed his phone and the note his mother left from his nightstand quickly reading the note before rushing out of his room.Since he didn't have a alot of time he checked the mail and took the trash out before leaving since he would get something to eat on the way.He quickly arrived at his favorite coffee shop,bought a French Vanilla coffee and éclair to go with it.After paying the man at the cash register he began leaving when he heard his phone's text notification sound off.

He paused and put his coffee down on the café table next to him then took his phone out of his pocket.Upon unlocking it's screen he taped into his texts and read a text from GazeUponMe.com to his surprise.The text explained about a technical problem with the site and how it was taken down to be fixed.Then the text ended with an apology and saying that his information had still been received then another text arrived.Kazuo clicked into the text to see the words You've been matched,"What? I was matched...so soon?"He uttered under his breath while staring at the text in total disbelief.Kazuo blinked his eyes and shook his head,"I've got to get to class...I'll click the link to find out my matches later."He said locking his phone's screen and sliding it back into his pocket.Then he picked up his coffee and walked out of the café in a rush.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Brianna Herondale
Untitled (2).jpg

Mixing the gin, vermouth and Campari equally before garnishing it with an orange wedge, Brianna is proud of her Negroni cocktail. She was working at the Oasis Night Club as a bartender but since its summer and it's her day off, she decided that staying in her apartment while drinking cocktails is the best way to spend her time. She rarely drinks her cocktails for she is avoiding to be a drunkard or a slut. She may work as a bartender at the bar but that doesn't mean she likes the party scene. For her, parties are fascinating to watch behind the counter but something chaotic when invited to. Anyway, back to the story:

"Ahh~ so good~" Brianna cooed as she sipped on the cocktail and turned the telly on only to see an advertisement about a dating site. Hah, dating. Something Brianna hasn't experienced yet. "Who needs a man when you can be independent?" she mumbled to herself before taking another sip of her drink. True that sometimes she gets jealous over her friends who got boyfriends and sometimes that she do get lonely but it didn't matter to her. Why would it when she wanted to stand in her own two feet?

As the day progressed, the advertisement stuck to her mind like gum to a shoe for the whole day. Her friends even tried to convince her to try it even once.

"Come on, Brie! It will be fun!" a friend of her exclaimed as they we're sitting at her apartment's balcony, sipping some cocktails.
"Yeah... remember Steve? I've met him online and look what we've become! Now we're getting married in just a few months!" another friend of hers exclaimed.

She really doesn't like the idea of her being on a date; it's just too much for her. As her friends left her apartment, she unconsciously looked over the clock to see it's near midnight. Sighing, she went over to her laptop and sat down, staring at her the screen. "I guess one little date wouldn't hurt" she whispered to herself before following the instructions. The instructions are simple so she followed it without fail and was quite disappointed when the link to the website has disappeared. "I knew it. Even the web agrees with me" Brianna said to herself and headed to bed, completely oblivious of what's about to happen.

The next day her phone blaring loudly woke her up, only to see a notice from the website and quickly shot out of bed with her heart jumping out of her chest.

"They what?!"

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.