Gaurdian: The Witch of Bacarra

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I hope you can forgive my long absence. Life got in the way for awhile :( But, I am back now)

She raised a brow, pulling herself up on a wooden crate as she listened to him. She felt the wind grow stronger, the air began to have a chilly bite as it hit her face. "Well, I can understand how you feel about it needing to go. Some days, it is more of a curse than a blessing, especially with hunters after you all the time.." She sighed softly, looking to the ground. "But, no need for me to spill my feelings out to you." She smirked some at him, getting back on her feet and bowing slightly at the waist. "Well, better get in before the storm hits, going to be a rather nasty one by the feel of it."
She turned from him, waving her hand in his direction as she wandered off down the empty street. It wasn't long before the faint growls of thunder were heard, random flashes of lightning raced across the sky. Soon, she found herself at the town square, not a single soul in sight. Clutching her cloak tighter, she sat down on one of the benches, pulling out a small leather bound book, running her fingers down the carved letters.

Watching her walk away Abraxas simply nodded and returned to his walk down to the old quarter of town where the most nightlife was along with the most monsters. He felt that the guard was more on edge as of late but that might be because of the rise in monsters and magic in the city limits. Once he had reached the old quarter with all of the people around he had decided to take a seat and try to sniff out a monster in disguise.

She sat there for some time, simply staring down at the book in her hands, absently turning the pages but not even reading the words scribbled inside. The world had grown so cold lately, and people like her were becoming few. A heavy sigh escaped her lips before she shut the book, just in time as the first few raindrops splattered across the leather bound object. Before it could be ruined, she returned it to the bag she carried, the thunder shaking the ground beneath her feet. Even in this terrible weather, she knew it was the perfect time for monsters to come out. Easier to hide their scents, the screams of victims, so on and so forth.
Getting to her feet, she look up to the darkened angry sky, letting the rain trickle down her face, mixing in with the tears that welled up in her eyes. "Perhaps he was right. I should just forget magic," she said to herself. She had no use in this world anymore, and all the idea gave her was a headache and a death warrant. Shaking her head, she wiped the rain from her face and began walking through town again, unsure where she would end up, only the thoughts and questions in her head were her only company at the moment.
But it wasn't long until she ended up on the other side of the town, it wasn't that big of a place after all. And by the now, the rain had started to come down in sheets. No wind, only the thunder and lightning accompanied it. She smirked at another walking down the street, she sensed the aura around him that gave away his true nature. Hiding, just like all others. It was sad, really.
She wondered if the hunter from earlier was tracking this man down. Should she stick around to find out? Or would that just urge him to turn her in? Either way, he easily could have earlier, which made her wonder why he didn't. Sure, there were worse things to worry about than a measly witch, but she knew any reward for turning in people like her was a decent amount, eve in these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.