Jason raised an eyebrow as Saharah snatched his cigarette and took two long drags. "If I did, then I wouldn't be standing here right now, now would I?" Jason replied to Saharah. When she handed the cigarette back, it was almost completely finished, to which Jason simply shrugged and left the butt lying in a nearby shelf.
As the second in command left the office with the prisoner, Jason spoke to Otto, completely aware that he ignored his previous remark: "Is that how you recruit new members around here, huh, Chief? By locking them up in a cell and hoping they suddenly have a change of heart? Heh, why am I not surprised..."
Moments later, Saharah came back to the office. "You didn't miss much, sweetheart. It's all business here as usual." Jason replied nonchalantly, fully aware that "sweetheart" may not be the best way to address someone who was second in command... and who could easily put a bullet in his head if wasn't careful.

Interactions: @MaskedMyth @Dakota K5
Mentions: @Allison Rose

Otto White
-

"Be kinda difficult to get a member of Marcus's gang to join us now wouldn't it? Also when I need your opinion on how I run my gang Jason I will ask it now until then keep your mouth shut." Otto spoke to the man as he pulled out two pieces of paper as Saharah came back into the room. "Ah yes Saharah, I have a task for you well two tasks for you to handle at your leisure." He pushed the first paper forward. "First task is this, an arms shipment is coming in. Simple stamped submachine guns and the like, paid a small price for them but we can sell them at a large profit on the streets to low rent gangbangers. When you handle this one I will give you the second half of the payment, you will be meeting a man named V." He pushed the second paper forward. "This one is much more dangerous, a large shipment of opium is coming in from Afghanistan, that is coming it as a favor I called in and it's going for two hundred and fifty dollars and ounce right now, it'll be loaded on a large truck." Otto finished speaking as he leaned back. "And also take Jason with you on both operations." Otto spoke briefly to his second.
-
@MaskedMyth
@Aravhorn

Vanessa finally got herself outside, and it wasn't long before she spotted the leader of this very gang, smoking and staring at seemingly nothing. It wasn't unusual for her to find him like this, kind of dazed in her opinion, not like her opinion really mattered. She walked over to him but was mindful to keep her distance, she was a few ranks below him so she didn't really have the right to get up close and personal in her position.

"You wanted me to come get something from you?

She stood with her hands in her pockets, wings folded neatly against the back of her grey hoodie. She was known for her casual dress code, and she certainly lived up to it... A pair of skinny faded blue-jeans, that grey hoodie, her all-star converse shoes. She was dressed like someone fresh out of highschool.

@The Tragedy

Before she got close enough he put back on his mask and stood up, cracking his neck. "Rico is waiting for a delivery of money for supplies, take Jack with you, this last call with Rico gave me a bad feeling so I want you ready for the worst" he dropped his cigar and stepped on it "if my thoughts are correct, loot him after he's dead" Marcus nodded to her "the briefcase is on your desk" he walked back to the base. He still needed to talk to Desdemona
@DreamsAfterDeath
@NeoM8rix
@Raven Haruka

Knox held his head as a very well dressed man came up to him with a drink already made. "Mister Knox rum and coke like usual?" The man said placing a drink infront of Knox. "Ill take it but get me something heavier after this please im having a undecent time at the moment." Knox said taking a large sip from the drink. "You know if the gang isn't working out i got work here, merc always seem to kinda suit you i would think so?" The man spoke wiping the table down a little bit. "No Merle you know i aint doing that shit i have unfinished buisness with them and im going to finish what i started." Knox said sipping from his drink again. Merle just kinda shrugged a little bit. "You do you my friend." Merle said picking up a glass. "Vodka and gin?" He said turning his back to the dispensers. "Yeah sure." Knox said finishing his drink.

She listened intently to the man before her, clinging to his every word like a lifeline although she did a very good job of disguising her infatuation with him. She stared calmly at him, visibly flinching a bit when he cracked his neck the way he did. She never got used to that, not to mention that it was one of those rare times she caught of glimpse of his whole face, not more than a second though, he was quick to get his mask back on after all.

"Yes sir."

Vanessa was very brief in her words to Marcus, before she gave curt nod in his direction and headed back to her 'office' as he had so generously called it. It hardly passed as an office, it was ore like a small bedroom with computers and software everywhere, it wasn't an office in the least. But Marcus hadn't ever actually been inside there, so he wouldn't know, she couldn't blame him for the misconception. She was going to have to locate and 'debrief' Jack...

@The Tragedy
@NeoM8rix

The old saying goes 'Speak of the Devil and he shall appear'. That's how Jack felt everytime he heard his name. He didn't hear it often. Sometimes it was told like a scary bedtime story to old gangters so they learn not fuck around when the boogy comes. The very sound of the name used to make low-life thugs piss in their pants. Seemed like a very long time ago. Jack the The Shredder, the Reaper, horror himself. If there was a hell he'd be the one to take you there. Leaving trails of blood and dismembered bodies with no remorse or regret. Now is legend fell into obscurity. Now brought to the status of a brute. Not many people knew who we was now. Nobody for Marcus maybe.

He approaches the lady with a look of death in his eyes. Black and lifless along with a cold expression. He gave a simple nod to her as he was ready for the the briefing. He didn't speak for talking wasn't really his style. He was carrying no gun, no weapon of any kind to defend himself. That's because he didn't need one.

As for details of taking orders Jack like it simple. He didn't care about politics or leadership or and of that. Just point him in the direction you want him and get the fuck out of his way. Because that's the direction whete chaos will be. But nowadays he just stands around to look tough. He misses a good fight where he can use his bare hands to tear a man in half.

"..." he looks to Vanessa.

Last edited:
Vanessa didn't take long to find Jack, and he looked just as dark and brooding as usual. She didn't particularly care for the man, he was just like a big brick wall, and it wasn't n the least bit attractive to her. While he had the total dark loud about him so-to-speak, he was like a walking deathly blizzard, and it simply numbed every possible chance of becoming anything more than acquaintances.

"You're coming with me to go and pick something up, I suppose Marcus is expecting something to happen or he wouldn't send anyone with me, I'm not defenseless after all. But he gave me the money and told me to bring you along so bring what you want but don't slow me down."

She was just as cold towards him as he seemed to others, she was brief, quick, and to the point with her words. Again, she wasn't fond of the brawny looking man, and his rough exterior only further deterred her, it just screamed 'stay away'. Regardless, he didn't seem to faze her other than that, she talked to him like he wasn't anyone important, he was a brute and therefor ranked under her, but that wasn't the reasoning behind her tone of voice.

@NeoM8rix

Seems like Jack in Vanessa were already off to a good start. Her cold expression as she spoke to him already set the tone of how this relationship was gonna play out. But he wasn't fazed by it in the least. He was already use to being bossed around by weaker beings with authority. He didn't care as long as he was aloud to do his job and get paid afterwards. This Vanessa character was no different. She didn't even seem that appealing to him.

"..." he nodded again to her letting her know he was ready. His expression unchanging. He didn't ask questions or express unwanted opinions. He wasn't getting paind for that. Jack knew what he was and what his place was in this world. Never tried being anything else. And that suited him just fine.

He balled his hand into a fist and held it with the other hand. The he squeezed the fist causing the bones in his hand to crack. The he switched hands and did the same thing. This indicated that he was ready. Again he didn't to bring anything. He was just going to to follow her lead.
@DreamsAfterDeath

Vanessa gave a small sigh and tune on her heal, wings still pressed firmly to her back, a glowing read sword in a fire retardant sheath clinging to each of her hips as she walked, a faint sway in her hips that was entirely unintentional, it was simply how she walked. She made her way into her poor excuse for an 'office' and picked up a briefcase that was sitting by her computer screens, making sure to lock down all her computers before leaving to prevent hacking or stealing.

Once she had the briefcase in hand, she toted it outside with her and walked around the side of the building to find a sleek black 2016 Porsche Boxster. She could afford these kinds of things, after all she held the entire Lockheart family fortune. Hopping into the driver side seat, she waited for Jack to get into the passenger side, being very patient with him... It wasn't going to be a long drive to her destination, she also had a computer on the dashboard, acting like an over-sized and beefed up GPS.

@NeoM8rix

Jack was thinking having a cigarette before getting in the car but decided not testing the half angel's patience. Sure he smoked. It wasn't as if he was going to die from cancer. That's mortal human problems. In fact the unlit cigarette behind his ear would do no more damage to him than the red blades Vanessa held on her hips. 'Whatever makes her feel safe' he thought. Not saying a word he got into the passenger seat. He remembered his seat belt and was ready for them to drive off.

Inside the car Jack was staring out into the dirstance. He was calm and cool like a summer morning breeze over Lake Michigan, one of his favorite places. His finger was tapping on the car door handle. It was playing to a tune of a song in his head. Song was called Light My Fire by The Doors. They don't play that song on the radio anymore. Jack missed the days when the Jim Morrison was still around, telling everyone he was the Lizard King. But none of that matters now.

Jack would be a liar if he said that he wasn't a little bit curious about the briefcase. He also wondered why Marcus felt the need to have him tag along on this little errand. But again, to ask questions or make comments. Jack didn't like to think about those kind of things anyway. Didn't feel the need to pay attention to details that didn't apply to him at least not lately. Eyes were always forward focused on the destination.

@DreamsAfterDeath

Sebastian made his way down the hall. He had nothing to do and was bored out of his mind. "ugh...." he groans a bit. nothing funny was around him. he walks outside. "The Doctor is leaving HQ." he says in the comm before slowly walking out to the streets. he would simply walk around seeing if anything was going on.

She drove very smoothly, whipping out and onto the road in mere seconds, gunning the gas as though she had some kind of resentment towards her own car, slamming the flat of her shoe down against the pedal as the vehicle gave a fierce purr. Yes she was speeding a bit, but she didn't give a damn. She liked the dark cozy room she huddles in with her computers and her music. She slipped a Cd into the radio, and turns out it was a whole three albums of Doors music, and the exact song that Jack was thinking about was the first one to come on. Who needs a radio?
@NeoM8rix

Vanessa had some spunk to her. Jack could tell the way she handled her car down the road. It reminded him of how he use to handle his classice red 1969 Mustang Boss 429 back in the day. They sure don't make them like they use to. Wasn't fond of all the little computer gadgets they have in cars theses days. Why mess with a classic look?

Jack saw she put in the CD and then an hearing the song come on. This made his head turn torwards Vanessa with one dark thick eyebrows raised up. He never pegged her as a fan. How coincidental, how convenient that she would have the CD of the band and have it playing the song he was thinking about. Was she reading his mind or was this her way to get on his good side? She could have just said something to him if she wanted to start a conversation. Jack didn't know whether to be flattered or annoyed. But listening to the music did take mind off suspicion and decided to give a wide grin looking back to the window.

Perhaps the confortable silence in the car ran its course. Jack decided he could take the time to say at least two words to her while they're in the car. She did put in the effort to play his favorite CD after all. "So...you read minds or have you been spying on me?"
@DreamsAfterDeath

Knox tossed his head around for a bit in thought. He wondered how much longer this would last and how much longer this gang would actually tolerate him. He didn't care who liked him or not but he wanted to make sure he atleast left them when they were finished. When he recieved his new drink he took small sip and continued to go through all his thoughts.

She gunned the gas again and sped up to beat a red light as it was still yellow, narrowly missing it as it turned a vibrant shade of red. She let up on the gas and slowed to a smooth cruising speed, listening as the music filled the confines of the car. She didn't answer him at first, but she knew he was speaking to her. She quite honestly didn't want to talk to him, but if they were going to be spending time together, they might as well get along to some extent.

"I just like older songs. I hope there's nothing wrong with my taste in music...."

"Not at all. It's just that...before you put in the cd I was thinking this exact song in my head. Felt almost like that was meant to happen . Most call it coincidental others say it may be fate. I may not look it but I've been around for a long time. I been noticing things like that. Little bits of coincidental/ fate happening here and there. Like pieces of puzzles falling into place. All of part of the big picture and such. Y'know what I'm saying?"

Jack had a hard deep rugged voice like sand paper but his words felt smooth like a poet. He did like philosphy and think of himself as a artist, atleast when it came to killing. "Sorry if I come off cold to you, Doll. I mean nothing by it. Just part of the job. Speaking of which, you think the boss suspects this deal to go south or wants me to give this Rico guy a shake down to make sure he's not holding out on us?" Once again Jack didn't know to much of the details of this deal they're going to do. Most times he wouldn't care. But figured maybe it would be easier to be friendly with her. Afterall they were all on the same team. Might as well continue the conversation before they make it to there destination.
@DreamsAfterDeath

Listening to the steady rolling purr of the engine and the music that almost droned it out, she kept her eyes on the road, but thought deep and hard about what the man sitting next to her as saying. He sounded very philosophical about things, which came as a surprise to her, he didn't seem the type to be into those sorts of things, but here she was corrected right off the bat. Ah well, life has a funny way of being random after all...

"Call it what you ant, doesn't matter much to me. Things happen, sometimes they just happen in coincidental ways, not much is special about that."

At the mentioning of this errand she was running, her mind darted to Marcus as if on instinct, she usually found herself thinking about him but she knew that they'd likely never be much more than they were, and that hardly broke the term friends if that. They weren't very close with each other, Vanessa could never get up the nerve to say much to him, he was like a walking blizzard, it was hard to get close to him. But aside from all that, she had to share a little bit of information at least with Jack if they were going to get anywhere.

"He's thinking it'll get bad, so he sent you along, again not like I can't handle it myself. I guess he's just taking extra precautions. Suspects someone will end up dead after all this, presumably Rico I think."

"Well. Burns are even less so my thing."

Anastacia said with some caution. She'd still do the job, because she didn't want to let Desdemona down. Poor girl was probably already up the her shoulders in stress, considering one grunt ended up dead trying to smuggle drugs, it wasn't a question as to why she didn't want to trust a grunt. The task shouldn't take too long, brute strength was something the Wendigo had plenty of. "Er... Pardon me. I will indeed help you out Herrin." Anastacia shakily said. She was a bit worried about the explosives, but she didn't give a clean cut answer at the start, so that probably looked bad... Anastacia did not like looking bad at all. Almost seven hundred years of keeping professional, can easily be tarnished by one or two missteps.

Anastacia stared at the crates. 'Handle with care' was plastered on almost every side of the... What looked like wood, container. Seemed like a no brainer. Shouldn't be too heavy. Anastacia positioned herself by one crate and bent down to get a grip under the box. Once she did, she let out a low growl, the Wendigo was allowed out; but not even close to fully. Her hair was blowing slightly, even though she was indoors, and her teeth would've been elongated and noticeably so, if she wasn't wearing the mask covering her mouth. What was noticeable, was her nails being a bit longer and much sharper, which made digging into the wood of the crate extremely easy. She lifted the crate without any issue, and stacked it on top of another. Lifting two at a time to make the job go by faster. She was able to hold the crates in one hand even, but these were explosive, and holding them with both hands just felt more safe.

The pile disappeared slowly, but surely, two crates at a time. An hour or two went by until the job was done. Setting the last crate down-- turns out there was an odd number of crates-- Anastacia let out a sigh of relief. "Vielen dank." she muttered to presumably no one, until the wendigo piped up "Du bist willkommen Madam..." sounding rather proud of itself. The Wendigo faded back into the recess of her mind. During the task Anastacia had taken off her jacket and shirt, leaving her in a simple white undershirt. She was showing more skin than she liked to normally. But it was either this, or drench her perfectly good jacket and shirt in sweat. While the crates weren't much of an issue to carry, it was still prolonged physical exertion. Anastacia slung the two articles of clothing over her shoulder and tracked Desdemona down, having her easily distinguished scent memorized- along with a few other important ones, but none from the Hyde... Out of respect for their privacy. "Allo Madame. I've moved the explosives to their respective warehouses. Half in one, half in the other... This is off topic, but did you find the bottle of wine I got for you? I had Allison deliver it, I'm hoping it actually made it..." she tilted her head to one side a bit, thinking to herself.

@Raven Haruka

Reactions: Dakota K5
[fieldbox= , solid, maroon] [glow=teal] \/ Desdemona / Underground Base / They Say Time Flies... /\ [/glow]

"Honestly, I could care less at the moment." Picking up the boxes, Desdemona assisted the Wendigo, taking care not to point out the noticeable appearance changes the woman underwent during this process.

After about twenty minutes of this though, a grunt had the nerve to approach the vampire-stuttering about some sort of shuffled paperwork for an oh-so-important payment a certain political figure needed to work out his debts with La Sangre.

...Needless to say, Desdemona calmly and gracefully thanked the grunt, before taking her leave. Trying to find the paperwork was--well, frustrating, as she needed to go to a whole other level of the base in order to do so. Then, it was a matter of no such paperwork existing in the first place--followed by a very irritated vampire contacting the idiot who thought he could outwit her via video-call. After an hour of listening to this man's utter horse-poop, she ended the call--now practically radiating killing intent to anybody who so happened to glare at her the wrong way.

And to put the frosting on the cake--she's an hour late for waking up her lovely Marcus!

Speed-walking through the corridors of the first warehouse, her eyes narrowed at the sight of the wendigo coming up to her.

"Allo Madame. I've moved the explosives to their respective warehouses. Half in one, half in the other..."
"Finally, at least I don't have to worry about some idiot completely blowing the base up." As she was talking, the vampire lead the other woman down the corridors.

"This is off topic, but did you find the bottle of wine I got for you? I had Allison deliver it, I'm hoping it actually made it..."

"No, Anastacia, I haven't gotten anything. Instead, I've had to deal with some idiot, who thinks that he's playing a game with your everyday loan sharks--and fucking idiotic grunts who think that some political , son of a soith nach féidir leo fiú breathnú ar dom díreach sa tsúil gan quivering an slightest- toisc go bhfuil sé ina dia bastaird diabhal--"

Pausing to take a breath, the duo stopped outside of the door to their boss's office. The transfer into her native language wasn't necessarily a common thing when it concerned the vampire--most didn't even know she spoke Irish to begin with. Taking down the poster and crumpling the paper into a ball with her palm--it was clear to anybody that the vampire was thoroughly angered--but what could they do about it?

A huff of breath escaped from Desdemona's lips, "As much as I'd love to sit down and have a drink with you--I can't. Instead, you're free to do whatever now--but, a word of advice?"

"Stick around the base for a while. Trust me, the last thing Marcus wants to deal with is our grunts deciding that you're actually a traitor, and naturally the same goes for myself as well."

And with those parting words, Desdemona entered her superior's office, closing the door behind her and leaving Anastacia to do whatever she pleased to.

...annnd Marcus was actually awake too.

Grand.

"I'm sorry for the delay, sir. It seems Mr. Patski still doesn't actually understand what being in debt means." Attempting to put on a more decent tone for her boss, she forced a smile onto her face.

Hopefully he didn't hear her venting in the corridor before.
[/fieldbox]
@TwistedPainter
@The Tragedy
@...