Gang Rp idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AkanameTanuma

Original poster
so, I've had this idea floating around in my mind for a while and wanted to see if anyone wanted to join in!

So, the premis is, well, gangs, in a society that's deteriorated over time. Gang members aren't necessarily bad, but with the world the way it is now, with an over bearing government and rise in violence against innocent citizens they do what they have to survive and protect what they value whether it be money, food, respect or their friends.

I would handle some story progression stuff, including adding events and plot twists at times, so I think it could be fun!

What do you guys think?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
I'd definitely be interested in playing a gang leader, or an informant of some sort.

If we can hash out the plot a bit more later on, count me in!

I find myself tickled by the idea ... a few questions though? I know you may not have the plot completely set out, but would this roleplay be something casual team bonding kind of role play or would it be something dark and survival-esque? Would the role play take place in the near future, or would 'deteriorated' allude to a dystopian world? Apologies if these are still topics you are thinking through.

Well, I've been thinking about these things and I was
I find myself tickled by the idea ... a few questions though? I know you may not have the plot completely set out, but would this roleplay be something casual team bonding kind of role play or would it be something dark and survival-esque? Would the role play take place in the near future, or would 'deteriorated' allude to a dystopian world? Apologies if these are still topics you are thinking through.
sort of on the fence about it. I'd like to know what others thought. Ideally I'd like to balance team building and survival without one overshadowing the other. Since I'd be putting in plot points and events I'd like to see what kind of pace people would like. I also think it's important to point out that gangs font have to be violent. If they can function without it then fine. I want it to be open ended and comfortable but I'm still working on a way to make it work.

As for the setting, I want it sort of cyber punk near future, where things are on the turning point between either getting better or society crumbling entirely.

I hope this answers your question but I'm still working on it.

Thank you for the speedy and informative reply - especially when you're still thinking through most of the schematics. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for any possible updates, and I'd be happy to drop some of my own opinions or ideas, given some time, if you ever have need of it. [If you wouldn't mind a 'final' question from me though, how many people do you see being able to run in this role play, would this cater to a larger number of people or a smaller number?]

It'd be very helpful if you had any contributions you'd like to add! I'm sort of new to this but I'm trying my best.

Well, I think it'd be able to run well with a significantly large group. It could probably work small if I didn't get many people's interest, but the way the gang dynamic would (hopefully) work, it would work well with a large number of members. I know larger group roleplaying can make it hard for people to find a place but I feel the gang dynamic would help people get better introduced into the way things run even if they were to join later than others.

I'd definitely be interested in playing a gang leader, or an informant of some sort.

If we can hash out the plot a bit more later on, count me in!
I meant to respond to this but I guess I didn't! It'd be great if you wanted to join. Once I get this all sorted out in my mind I'll make a proper write up and reserve you a place, if you still want it~

I'm interested in joining. :)

I would be interested in joining this as well if you're still accepting. :>

I'm interested in joining this rp as well if you're still looking for members.
Would a hacker/intelligence character be needed?

May I write a scene where I ride a white stallion, while shirtless, into a building, dual wielding machine guns and Beethoven or some other classical music plays in the back? If yes, I'm interested. If not...sure, count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.