Gang Members Have Lives Too (Reboot) (Sign-ups/ooc

Status
Not open for further replies.
*drinks coffee with Kuro in the evening anyway*

Hell yeah.

Also, your siggy GIF is giving me a trance. An addicted trance. It's hilarious.

Reactions: Verite
Someone tag the crap out of me when/if a few people drop out. I'd rather not join right now and contribute to the confusion. Thanks :)

See you, Space Cowboy...

Someone tag the crap out of me when/if a few people drop out. I'd rather not join right now and contribute to the confusion. Thanks :)

See you, Space Cowboy...
Will do, as long as I remember. I can be forgetful sometimes.

Reactions: Twisted
We've gotten nothing from @Step6543 in a very long time, I guess that means to take off his character. I could start to PM the few who haven't posted but I kind of don't really feel like it.

If there aren't too many people, I will join. But that is purely up to you to determine. I'd just be making one character. Let me know. :P

263698-1.jpg

"I think that everyday the sun rises, might be my last day basking in the sun."

Name:
Vincent Yamaoka

Nickname:
Slice, or Urban Samurai.

Role in gang:
Butcher (self proclaimed), essentially Vincent makes sure no one fucks with him the gang... Or himself. Usually resorting to violence rather quickly.

Height:
6'

Weight:
152lbs

Hair color:
Silver (from prolonged exposure to the sun and constant stress)

Eye color:
Hazel

Crush:
Avery Herondale: Vincent hasn't told anyone, nor does he plan to. But Vincent holds Avery as a rather highly respectable, and understanding woman. He more or less likes her because of how opposite she is to him, while at the same time sharing quite a few similarities to him. His behaviour has a slight change around her, with him not being so quick to anger when in her presence. He sees it as a sort of 'what if' thing. Considering she's his practical boss, it seems like something that has a low chance of coming up positive, but then again, odds were never something to waver Vincent.

Relationships:

(I'd go through all the CS's but I wanted to keep it simple. So I took the first few CS's and ran with it. Sue me.)

His father: Vincent grew up with just his father. The man was involved heavily in drug trafficking. Having two operations in South America and Japan. Vincent has huge amounts of respect for his father. Knowing where he came from and how the man got to where he was, it was a story Vincent loved to hear. His father is now out of the drug trafficking business, retired and up to his neck in money. He sends Vincent gifts and cash occasionally.

His Mother: Vincent does't know too much about his mother. She had Vincent, then left him with his father. She didn't want anything to do with the trafficking. The minute she found out, she was gone. Vincent doesn't know, or care what happened to her. He knows she's alive, and that's it.

The gang: Vincent mostly thinks of the gang as a group of friends, some closer than others. He has a ton of 'friendly rivalries' with most of the males in the gang. Even some of the Females too.

Ryder: To Vincent, Ryder is one bad ass son of a bitch. Holding him in high respect for his abilities in 'cleaning' as Ryder calls it. He's the one guy Vincent will try and fist bump.

Suishou: Strangely, she is one of the few girls Vincent treats with respect. Not because he likes her. (B-B-Baka... I'm serious though.) Just because she's cunning, and she's sort of seen as a 'whore' outside of the gang. Her dedication is impressive to Vincent.

Ayaka: Who? He often forgets she exists. Indifferent about her all-in-all.

Cas: If Vincent can, he'll go with Cas just to see him off someone. Cas is a guy Vincent sees as maybe lesser, but he's not sure. He'd love to fight him someday, but that'd mean one of them would die. He looks out for Cas, without him even knowing it.

Kimura: Oddly enough, Vincent doesn't want Kimura dead. While he was a part of the gang, Vincent thought of him like a sage practically. The guy had good advice and experience to back it up. It saddens Vincent that Kimura went to the other side of the coin. Vincent despises when anyone talks badly about Kimura, even if he's supposed to be an enemy. He still respects him, and is probably the only person he'd show some honor while fighting. Even if Vincent had the chance, he wouldn't kill Kimura.

Avery: Vincent wouldn't readily admit it, but he listens to her a bit more than Natsume. Her authoritative nature is easier to listen to than Natsume's in his opinion. Despite how different the two are, Vincent respects her not just because she is his vice leader.

Natsume: Vincent tends to piss her off a bit, not as much anymore. His ignorance to her authority is a downfall of his. Regardless, he'll listen to her if she either communicates through Avery, or talks to him in the way she usually does. Vincent just hates getting orders as if handing out daily tasks. He prefers her to come to him personally.

Personality:
Vincent is one arrogant bastard, he's arrogant because he can get away with it. Some people are arrogant, then they get easily bested. Vincent is arrogant because he has yet to be easily bested. His determination to win is disgusting. Often leaving him with some nasty wounds, just so that he can claim victory. While not exactly a womanizer or a ladies man, Vincent is the type of guy to call a girl a 'chick' behind her back. Just because someone is female doesn't mean they get any special treatment. Unless He likes them of course. But for Vincent to actually have eyes for someone... It takes a lot. Either to best him in a duel, or just play hard to get. Vincent likes tough girls, not one for the fragile. Gotta keep up to him to get him. Finally, Vincent Doesn't like to listen to authority. He will listen sometimes, but if the orders are stated in a pretentious manner, there is no way in hell Vincent is listening. If he's expected to listen, he needs a damn good reason. Threats are often hollow to Vincent. He spent years in what he thought was hell, he managed to survive, so hell doesn't scare him for shit.

However, Vincent has a slightly softer side. If you're nice to him, he won't be a prick. Depending on how well he relates to someone, he'll have a calmer aura about him. If he likes you, he won't be rude unless you give him a reason. Same goes for if someone is trying to help him, unless it's something Vincent already knows, or can learn easily himself. If it's something he can't exactly learn easily(For example reading hint-hint) he'll be oddly respectful. Also, those who have a valuable profession or are the absolute top of their game, Vincent respects. Underlings and grunts tend to piss him off. Despite Vincent not being knowledgeable or book smart, he is very wise. He can understand people rather well, know their true intentions and the like. If he doesn't hate someone, and it's just a one-on-one, Vincent can be suprisingly mature and polite. But if he gets shit talked at all, his reasoning goes out the window.

Bio:
Vincent's father was all the family he had, or needed. Born in Japan, and quickly ditched by his mother, Vincent was taught the native tongue by his father. Once Vincent could run and use a weapon effectively, his father made him a runner. The one who got the drugs to where they needed to be and came back with the money. No one would suspect the kid. No one did. Vincent went on Making runs and occasionally getting the shit kicked out of him. Vincent knew how to use a weapon, but... Not properly. He could swing a sword, but nothing else. His father passed him to someone who taught Vincent his current fighting style. The style is of it's own. Unpredictable, reckless, and erratic. The fact that it's so unpredictable makes it the most deadly. It was confusing to Vincent at first, as to why he was being taught to break dance when be was supposed to be learning to fight. The thing was, the style ended up using some breakdancing in conjunction with a sword to produce a fighting style so obtuse, that it would be almost unpredictable. Vincent still fights with this style, and it's deadly efficiency.

After some time, Vincent had to learn Spanish. The trafficking was in both South America and Japan, so if he was going to do higher risk runs, he'd need to learn the other half of the trafficking and it's language. He was taught to speak English. But that was it. Vincent only needed to know how to speak English to communicate with clients. He didn't need to read it when he could hear it. Things were going well. Vincent learned from a friend he had about pretty much everything they did in school. Of course that didn't get Vincent the education he should've gotten. But it was enough for him to know his way around basic highschool concepts.

Finally, Vincent's dad finished the drug trafficking and decided to send Vincent to America. He lined Vincent's pockets and got him a private flight out there. He made all the accommodations, shelter, transportation, food, schooling, etc. He ended up in a high end apartment, with his last name being well known, and respected. Finally, Vincent was out of the daily hell of drug trafficking. After some time, he grew a reputation of being a brutally efficient killer. He got picked up by the gang, and everything else is yet to be told.

Sleep, Booze, Pretty women, fighting, violence, tagging (Graffiti; he sprays in either Spanish or Japanese), Parkour, A decent challenge, music, making his own music.

Dislikes:
Preps, wimps, wrongful authority (Only 'listens' to those higher up than him.), Hard asses, Tough guys, Prudes.

Voice:
Steven Blum. (mainly Mugen's voice from Samurai Champloo)

Theme song:
(Get's good around 1:02, it's Asian rap. Okay. I actually like this song. Don't hurt my feelings. Also, they say 'SAMURAI'S' for those who actually took a listen past 1:02)

Extra:
"Painter! Your character seems too perfect!" Shut up. Don't actually, your voice is nice. Vincent can't read English all too well, he's not the brightest. I plan on having him learn to read at some point. Whoever wants to help him, go for it. (I'll be joining in on day 2 of the RP so... You're safe for now.) Ducks.

Let me know if anything doesn't make sense, is plain stupid, or should be changed. This goes for anyone. Not just the GM.​

Last edited by a moderator:
@TwistedPainter Ooooh my god I love the relationship you gave him and Avery xDD I will definitely add in her opinion on him later xDD
If you want, she's available for romance options c:

R-romance options? Sounds good. I mean... Uh... Nothing... Seriously though. It sounds like a good idea. It'd be nice to fill out the 'crush' part of the CS.

One more thing. Vincent is going to be heavily music based. I'll put songs at the end of some of my posts to reflect the mood. If this is stupid, just pick up a rifle and shoot me down.

Last edited by a moderator:
R-romance options? Sounds good. I mean... Uh... Nothing... Seriously though. It sounds like a good idea. It'd be nice to fill out the 'crush' part of the CS.

One more thing. Vincent is going to be heavily music based. I'll put songs at the end of some of my posts to reflect the mood. If this is stupid, just pick up a rifle and shoot me down.
Avery's a musician x3

I'm finally done. Sort of. I'm going to spruce it up later. Clean some things up and such. But for now, that's my CS.

@TwistedPainter, he's accepted. BUT NATSUME SITS ON A THRONE, YOU BETTER LISTEN TO HER! Just kidding. :P

Sweet. Uh... I guess I just wait now.

Also, he does listen to her. Sort of. He's just a prick all around. Heh...

I'm going to try to get the next day to start soon, so hopefully it won't be very long.

I'm just joking around.

I want everyone to officially try to finish up things for the first day so we can head onto the next day. If we have people on different days then interactions would be very confusing.

@LoliNinja, are you still participating? I know you mentioned something, but we haven't gotten a post since then either. You're character was originally still at the HQ which Natsume did end up letting her in. You can simply have her stay over in order for us to move things along, unless you are dropping out of this one. Let me know something please. I would really appreciate it in order to keep everyone updated on which characters are active to interact with and mention in the rp.

New character, nice~! Hello @TwistedPainter c:

Iiiiiii should have a post up tomorrow (unless I can squeeze one in tonight, but most likely not). If not, then sometime this weekend >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.