Games that you can pick up over and over again~

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F0X

Hello!! Another Gaming related Thread and this one is gonna be interesting for sure!! So, I ask you: What are Video Games that you can go back to and play again and again? These don't have to be classics, but games that for you personally have infinite replay-ability!

For me, I have a few titles like this:

latest

Final Fantasy Tactics. This game is one I have been playing since I was a young little lass. Its the game that made me fall in love with Strategy and drew me in with such a compelling story that I couldn't help but be addicted to it. Not only that, but the characters I made in the game were ones that were very personal to me since I would name them and get to know them as they leveled up and such. This game is very, very challenging when you're learning what to do, but it is still very fun to go back and revisit. I do so once a year, with my own set of rules I'll put into place each time. The last few years I've been very strict about not ever using Calculators, because they really do take the fun out of the game for me.

It also showed me as a young child that not just the strong were important. I was bullied quite a bit when I was young growing up in not the best of communities. I was small, petite, and it didn't take a whole lot to over power me. It didn't matter how articulate I was, how much I liked to read and write. If they punched me in the face, I was gonna be done for! However, I learned that even the quick, intelligent and fun characters could do well in my game, and it gave me hope in a weird way in real life. Now I pride myself at being a very dexterous individual who is easy to talk to, loves meeting new people and making friends, and can outlast any football player in endurance running. Sure, if they can catch me they'll clobber me, but by the time their bulky muscles demand them to stop and breathe, I'm likely to be just cruisin' along.

wall061-2048x2048-tablet.jpg

The next game on this list is StarCraft II. I started playing Starcraft during the Brood War edition days of the game, and man did I suck at this game! However, a lot of my friends were playing it, and they were kicking my but with Terran and Zerg. I really like Protoss, but I could never seem to get anything built fast enough to stop them! However, I practiced and practiced until finally I mastered a defensive style of playing! Using Cannons and getting to Carriers quickly allowed me to win a lot of games! However... I really started to take this game seriously when StarCraft II came out. I played most seriously during Wings of Liberty, moving out and getting married ate up a lot of my StarCraft time for my future days. However, I was able to get to Diamond League in 2013, though I could never get to Master League. I was really happy getting into Diamond though, I feel that is quite a high bracket to be in for such a difficult game. There's always room to improve, but it was most certainly an amazing place for me to be as a gamer.

((PS I actually want more people to play SCII with! So, if you ever wish to play, please, let me know!))

896a031b7a54d3d172baf63fdda6f8cb_large.jpeg

This last one is a bit different than the others because its a game that I always have to have my hands on. Admittedly, I skipped all of Generation IV and V of Pokemon due to the same reason I wasn't as competitive during Heart of the Sward and Legacy of the Void in Starcraft. I didn't have the time. I have been playing Pokemon Since Red and Blue, however.. After years of moving between two sets of parents, and passing down my old games to my siblings, I currently only own 3 Pokemon games: FireRed, SoulSilver, and Y. Pokemon has always been a fantastic game for me for a billion reasons which I don't have the time to list them all. However, what I will say is that this is pretty much the only handheld game I have ever decided that I have ever needed or wanted. Pokemon is the best time sink, but its also a game I take very competitively. I was a HUGE fan of Twitch Plays Pokemon, both participating and tuning in just to watch. I generally have my own code when it comes to Pokemon, mainly don't use any Legendary Pokemon for Competitive battling. But, its a game that has always been near and dear to my heart, and I am always playing the game when I have the time to do so.

So those are mine!! What about you!?! What games do you love so much that no matter what you can always go back to and play to your heart's content.

Prince of Persia Trilogy :3 I will forever love them

latest

And the 2008 Version :D I know lots of people disliked it but I thought it was awesome, especially the storyline and how it delved into Persian mythology.

5bdd861211a5e694a9c50269ffbe7d3983e1a9a8a2b8d8bcd8357a2e0eb1bd7a.jpg

FF VII for sure in JRPGs.

ffvii-logo-cast.jpg

And last but not least, Fable The Lost Chapters. This was the first RPG I ever played so I have a soft spot for it.

fable-1.jpg

Partially because there are enough mods to keep me entertained until the end of time, partially because the games themselves are fucking great.
latest

Sims, Harvestmoon games, Rune Factory, and Assassin's Creed.

Generally all games I'll go back to and play at some point, but these are the ones I do the most.

I'm a big Bioware fan and I've sunk more hours into their games through replays, etc. than I want to own up to.

I replay Pokemon every now and then, for nostalgia and silliness.

Most of the Final Fantasy games, too, yeah.

Fire Emblem offers so many choices that you can do things a bit differently so many times (run this magic user instead of that one, level this cavalier instead, etc.).

Halo for the sheer joy and nostalgia I get out of those games. And because it's just a darn good series.

TES: Oblivion is hugely nostalgic for me, and more enjoyable than Morrowind or Skyrim. So I play that when I can't think of anything else.

L4D because it's easy to get into and has a fine community (on PC, anyway). It's one of the most replayable games ever.

Final Fantasy X, my favorite of the series. I prefer the ps2 version over the remastered one. And one game which does not fail to disappoint: Xenogears. Complete story, likable characters. I have my yearly run through every now and then.

bayonetta_bayonetta2_download_size.jpg

These games have amazing replay value and are an absolute blast to play! Trying to improve my rankings and getting better at the games never fails to keep me occupied!

2572041-ffxx2_standard_edition_art.jpg

While I play X-2 much more due to the infinite replay value (especially in the International version which is the HD version), X also keeps me occupied with its side quests and playing the game for the billionth time can be pretty fun.

kingdom-hearts-collage.jpg

The Kingdom Hearts series as a whole always has extra stuff for do and in some cases, you can even handicap yourself to make things more challenging! My favorite game in the series is Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and playing through the game never gets old!

maxresdefault.jpg

I have this game on both PS3 and PS4 and I've played it so many times it's not even funny! It never fails to entertain me no matter how many times I play it and the chaos and mayhem just makes things better for me!

1587202f0da22882ced6954dc97dc7f3_original.jpg

This game is so addictive and I can play it for hours and hours on end! I even got all the achievements for it which is very rare for me because I hate them.

huniecam-studio.jpg

While not as good as HuniePop, this game is just hard as hell and can be pretty stressful! I still haven't gotten the Diamond trophy yet although I did get pretty close :(

Every year me and some friends always install it again, throw in a pile of fun mods, and head off on our destined paths. Each year it's a new archetype for all of us.

36945-1-1349366194.jpg

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
Every year me and some friends always install it again, throw in a pile of fun mods, and head off on our destined paths. Each year it's a new archetype for all of us.

36945-1-1349366194.jpg
Beautiful. simply beautiful. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
Red Dead Redemption, I just love tying up them hoes and putting them on a train track and watching their bodie parts fly around and making Thieves Landing a massacre scene

Last edited:

Deus Vult, Onward to the Slaughter.

This game proves games are art. Period. Fuck the other hippie dippie indie pretentious nonsense, this game compelled me to cry like a fucking bitch and gripped me by the throat to its end. I will likely keep going back to this game every couple of years to remind myself why I even play video games.

It is a silly, stupid franchise of silly, stupid games, but Saints Row II is the only one that felt like it had a dramatic story woven into it. The silliness in the game mechanics and side quests was offset by the macabre seriousness of the actual story, which was brutally violent. The main protagonist is not some likable sob story character, he's a demonstrably fucked up person who will torture and murder people who tread on his (or her) turf. The other Saints Row games lost my interest after a few hours because they never stopped being "comedic" and comedy stops being funny after a while, but I can keep coming back to this one time and again and enjoy it. Because the comedy is always offset by a moment of severe drama and vice versa.

Once you can get past the UI and the fact that you have to run it in DOSBOX, this is the best of the X-COM games. Period. This is the most well rounded, gripping, interesting experience, in a setting that doesn't get presented often in gaming today. And, unlike the other games, this one remains face-grindingly skullfuckingly difficult up until the very end, because for every new toy you get, the aliens get something more that hurts. At one point, even the upgraded armour you wear becomes your worst nightmare, because the aliens devise an acidic weapon that, if it hits your soldier, burns through their armour and hurts them every second it's applied. If you drop your armour, you're safe, but if you get hit again, your soldier either has to get off the battlefield or they will die in seconds. Maybe a minute at the most. It gives you multiple soldier types (mutants, humans, androids) which each have unique benefits and negatives, and each have unique interactions with certain alien types. (Ex: Androids cannot use psionics or be affected by psionics, and brainsuckers will ignore them as targets.) Then, there's this alien that literally is the size of buildings and you have to fight it on the cityscape before it destroys the entire city, which appears if the aliens get tired of your bullshit.

It's been amusing watching Firaxis attempt to copy elements from Apocalypse, put them in the expansion for X-COM Enemy Unknown and X-COM 2, and call them new features... But then simplify them to the point that any unique feeling they possessed is lost. :ferret:

Any given main series Pokemon title

Rune Factory 2

Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life

Avalon Code

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

and LITERALLY ANY ZELDA GAME

Oh... how could I forget this!

header.jpg

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I can't begin to count the number of times I've picked up Doom over the years.

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is another one. I absolutely adore that one.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: F0X
Breeding Season (NSFW)
Shining Soul I and II

Hmm... besides that, I don't really 'beat' games. :x

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: F0X
This! I can play this game over and over again and never get tired of it. I can stop playing it for a year, turn on the PS3 and hop on the game like I never stopped playing.

WoW used to be one of those types of games as well, but the last time I tried to go back I found myself drifting pointlessly from one craft to another and wondering what I was doing with my life. =/

• Love
Reactions: XMadnessLoverX
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, 'nuff said.

I don't even care if I have restart 10 hours worth of gameplay. Not the same feeling for the main Pokemon franchise, though :P

Status
Not open for further replies.