Games played in 90's-2000's but can't remember the name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, nevermind I found it myself because It wouldn't stop bugging me after I remembered it.

Torin's Passage. Probably the first game I can even remember.

One of my first games that I can't remember the names of? I used to have them both on CDs, but they got really scratched up and lost...

I remember for the first one, it was in English. In the beginning, some sort of orange bee/bug talks to you (like "Welcome to the land of ---" iirc), and then the location selection screen is vertical and consists of a forest, a palace, an island I think, and other things. The art style is colorful and "clay-like"? The game is also point-and-click based. As far as I remember, there was a minigame on the island, a minigame where you navigated a forest (and avoided bees) which I think led to a minigame with something to do with clocks and sheep.

I'd really like to see that game again.

For myself, I found another one. This one was a lego game, where you travelled around on a spaceship and one of your crew was a blue yeti-alien thing, and there was like a lizard alien wanting to kill you. Something like that, I can't remember the name of it X_X

*Screaming internally*

I'm super happy that you found it, but I'm also angry you found this a lot faster than my 2 hour Google attempt.

(Sheesh, I got quite a few details about this game wrong. Then again it's been a decade)
I recently petitioned my Tumblr blog (about 100 followers at the time) to help me find a dojinshi that I'd been looking for for literally years. It was difficult for me to locate because the circle was inactive and the scanslators had taken it down. I didn't expect anyone to find it, but having recently found myself in the strange and new position of running a modestly popular blog for the same demographic as the dojin in question, I figured it was worth a shot to say I tried.

They found it in 8 reblogs and 12 hours.

My lesson: The internet is a wonderful place with talented people and in cases like this in contexts like these I need to trust it more.

Reactions: LunaValentine
For myself, I found another one. This one was a lego game, where you travelled around on a spaceship and one of your crew was a blue yeti-alien thing, and there was like a lizard alien wanting to kill you. Something like that, I can't remember the name of it X_X
Wha...? Most similar one I could find is this, or maybe one of the BIONICLE games.

Haha, nevermind I found it myself because It wouldn't stop bugging me after I remembered it.

Torin's Passage. Probably the first game I can even remember.

Torin's Passage was great! It was my favourite game when I was younger. I replayed it recently, though, and boy is it a lot shorter than I remember it being.

Reactions: Captain Illiterate
@Dullahan

Lego Rock Raiders?

bigim-snow.png

latest

lego-rock-raiders_1.jpg

@chillin

This one is stumping me. Do you have any more details?

Well, there's a game that I really want to know about. I believe it was set in a fantasy world and it was real-time tactics on the original Xbox in 2004-05? It was where you are commanding large armies as you fight other armies. I don't know the rest, but there were a whole lot of characters.

That game got me interested into real-time tactic and strategy games.

@TheGreyWarden

Possibly Goblin Commander?

goblincommander_121503_mid1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Not sure since you don't have a lot of details, but it fits the time frame and console.

This one is a shot in the dark. It's a 90's era PC game. The basic premise is that you're a crew member on a spaceship and it's your mission to prevent the ship from being destroyed. The game play was exploration/item based, as you had to learn about other crew members in order to get them to do what you want. For example, learning favorite foods and using the vending machine wisely. First mission right away has you on "the clock"; explore for too long and the ship explodes (I think because you failed to change course in order not to collide with a meteorite).

As said, I remember the graphics were 3D and the models looked like they were made of clay.
For the island, I remember you could play different drums maybe?

I have no idea.

@Dullahan

Lego Rock Raiders?

bigim-snow.png

latest

lego-rock-raiders_1.jpg

@chillin

I think one of the crew was named after a planet, like make Pluto or something. The main character I think might have been called max or something.

Edit: Found it! It was Galidor: Defenders of the outer dimension :D

@TheGreyWarden

Possibly Goblin Commander?

Not sure since you don't have a lot of details, but it fits the time frame and console.
I think it was a whole lot darker like it was rated M. And one of the character was this dude with dark, long black hair and he looked like a goth. Wearing all black and having a sword, with the blades looking like teeth or something.

This one is a shot in the dark. It's a 90's era PC game. The basic premise is that you're a crew member on a spaceship and it's your mission to prevent the ship from being destroyed. The game play was exploration/item based, as you had to learn about other crew members in order to get them to do what you want. For example, learning favorite foods and using the vending machine wisely. First mission right away has you on "the clock"; explore for too long and the ship explodes (I think because you failed to change course in order not to collide with a meteorite).

If it weren't for needing to know about the crew members I'd say Space Quest 1 VGA remake. Which was 1991. The original was 1986.

@LunaValentine: I'm increasingly sure it was an independent game company now. I looked at Sierra history and the game didn't come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.