Gamer girls

L

Lenuvia

Original poster
Girls-can-do-better-girl-gamers-31114194-600-750.jpg

I have found that this is like 'getting out of the closet' for some of us girls. I have this friend who kept saying she hated video games and such until she told me the whole truth about it yesterday. "Why did you do it?" I asked her. And her answer was simple, "I was embarrassed". She said that she thought people would make fun of her for it, hence why she kept it a secret.

Now let me ask you girls:

ARE YOU A GAMER CHICK?
ARE YOU PROUD OF IT?
DO YOU KICK ASS?!
DOES THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS?!

> _>
And I answer like this...
HECK yeah I am a kick ass gamer D<
and PROUD of it too!
<_< And yes the WHOLE world knows :L
SO DEAL WITH IT :3

I belong to a whole family of gamers. I grew up with a controller in my hand, playing against my parents and brother.

I'm a gamer, though, I don't see where pride would play into that. Or embarrassment for that matter. Games are EVERYWHERE, and they're fun. Girls like fun, right?

It honestly boggles my mind to think that there are people who hide the fact that they game, and that there are people who would make a big deal about learning a girl games.

She's a person, just like any guy out there. Why wouldn't she be a gamer?

ARE YOU A GAMER CHICK? Yep. Totally am. It started around....er...4 years ago actually. I mean, I've always loved video games. I was such a video game fanatic. But...because I always seemed to LOSE AT EVERY SINGLE GAME I PLAYED, I just gave the games over to my brother and watched him so I can keep up with the story line. Take the Final Fantasy games, for example. Without my brother, I wouldn't know shit about that game. It took me a while for me to pick up a controller and actually play a game for myself. I'm...not bad. Not the best, but not that damn bad.

ARE YOU PROUD OF IT? Tch, course I am. Why would I not be? I can play League with one hand and play with my boobs with another. Whats NOT to be proud of? It takes a lot of feminine pride to be swallowed for females to play games, it seems. You have some girls that are all, "Eww. Uh...no? That's, like, lame, okay? :/" And then you have girls like me that are all, "What? I don't need your controller! I bought my own! :D" I'm super proud.

DO YOU KICK ASS?! Er...now that's an entirely different question in itself! XD It honestly depends on what game I play and how much work I put into it. Take the Xbox games for example. I absolutely rape in Halo Reach because that was the first time I ever played a FPS by myself, and I pushed my self to be a super beast Power Ranger like person. Yeah. Kick some major ass. Still do, dammit. But, when you go to a PC game like League? >>...My excuse is that I'm still new! ;___; So what if I've been playing for like 2 months? I have my days, good and bad. More....more bad than good, but whatever! I still play it because I like it! There are a lot of games that I super pwn in though. LIKE BRAWL. <3

DOES THE WHOLE WORLD KNOW?! ...Well, now they do? ^^" I suppose they do because I always get super excited when games are even mentioned in my general direction. I get all perky and do a little bounce and am all, "Ooo~ Can I play? :3" And of course it trips people out and probably gives every guy I said that to a boner, but hey! Video games! :D

ARE YOU A GAMER CHICK?
Ever since I was old enough to play the Super Nintendo. :3 (I was like 2 or 3 or something.) I was doomed from the start, it looks like.

ARE YOU PROUD OF IT?

Actually, no... I feel like I set a bad example for youths. When I game, I let my room get sloppy and I smoke a lot of weed. >__> It's something that will change immediately when my baybeh is born, though. Because I'll have no time to play!

DO YOU KICK ASS?

Yes, I do kick ass. My own boyfriend gets butthurt when I best him at games. *cute smile*

I doubt the whole world knows, but the people who know me, um, know.

Yup, been playing games since I was like eight or so. I think my first game was House of the Dead. Oddly enough I wasn't so much of a wuss about creepy stuff like I am now.

Yes I am very proud of it, mostly because I find so many girls who are displeased about gaming. Especially when their significant other plays it.

Depends on the game I play and sometimes it depends on my mood. Sometimes I kick ass in FPS, sometimes I don't. I hate fighting games. Oh my god though, I am your go to healer. Need a healer, ask me. Fucking love healing.

Meh, if the topic comes up in conversation sure I'll talk about it. Or if a game that I really want just came out I'll have to vomit about it for a while.

ARE YOU A GAMER CHICK? Yep. Ever since I was about four or five I've been playing games. Both my parents are big gamers and I watched them play growing up and once I was old enough to understand the rules and what to do, they handed me a controller. I was doomed after that. XD

ARE YOU PROUD OF IT?
Oh yes. I've never understood why some girls are ashamed or embarrassed about gaming. I mean, why? They're fun and what's your gender got to do with it? Is there some rule that says girls can't be gamers?

DO YOU KICK ASS?
It really depends on the game. I suck at racing games whereas my mom is really really good at them and I'm okay at RPG and shooter games. I can do better then my father on some of them, which is impressive since that's his area of expertise and he rules at them, though it depends on the plot of the game whether or not I stay interested. I kick ass at fighting games though. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter etc. I'm really good at those. I think it bothers some of my friends that I can wipe the floor with them so easily in those games but it makes me giggle to see there reactions

Not the whole world, since I doubt the whole world is interested, but my friends and family know

Being a gamer girl was never a HUGE issue for me, but its hard to talk about games with female coworkers/people I meet, because most of them don't play anything more hardcore than Mario Kart, and some of them don't even think there are "girl games"and that it's all "boy games" like call of duty and WoW (some people's ignorance surprises me). My sister is one of those "Gamers" who plays games with her boyfriend, by which I mean she stumbles through the levels and acts like she has no idea what she's doing (my sister is a smart person, she could figure it out if she tried) but she thinks she looks cute/more girly if she can't figure it out =/

So yeah, I wait til I know someone won't judge me before I break out the more REAL gamer stuff like the latest E3, l33tstr33t boys, and games that aren't part of huge franchises, like Avalon Code, Knights in the Nightmare, Chibi Robo and older/lesser known consoles like my beloved Dreamcast. Otherwise people look at me like I'm obsessed idiot with three heads.

Being an anime fan is slightly relevant, and that I keep under my hat until again I'm certain whoever I'm talking to won't judge me for it. I hid my anime fandom from my family until I moved out (that way they couldn't discourage me/stop me from watching! I grew up under the rule that anything not live-action is for little kids, and will pretty much make you stupider by watching it =(

Edit: Are we supposed to reply in format? =/ I can change if necessary...

No no, it's fine ^^ It was just basic questions to make you think and answer :D It doesn't matter in which format it is

I play games.
I'm good at them.
I kick ass and I'm a great team member to have around.
My gender has nothing to do with it.

LABELS CAN SUCK MY NUTS!

I love video games. I like to watch them more than play them, cause I have a little problem with rage and self control. I get angry and frustrated. c___c I'm not a fan of the new Gamer label trend for girls OR guys. >:[ Because too many people have taken it to this crazy elitist gamer level that's stupid. Who gives a shit if you play your games via computer or console or mmo or facebook. >< Why does it matter if you are a girl or a guy, or how long you've been playing, or if you like playing Barbie Dressup, Halo, or FEAR.

They're GAMES! You have fun with them! No one should be embarrassed about playing them, or proud about playing them! They're entertainment!

Guess my question in response to this is what do you consider a gamer girl? Cuz I play games when they're around...I just have no systems *shrugs* but when I was in undergrad the frat boys I knew were mostly gamers and they had a lot of different systems so when I was there (which was most days) I could be found partaking in some of the gaming festivities, but I always knew when to stop and get my shit done...or I'd just sit there while they played and quietly did my homework. But does that make me a gamer girl since I DO play? Or does that just make me a girl who occasionally plays games? Guess it makes me think of the whole label thing like diana : D

that mini rant aside here are my answers: (forgive me if i seem blah i am blah at the moment from headcold : D not trying to sound bitchy or anything)

ARE YOU A GAMER CHICK?
debatable *see above*

ARE YOU PROUD OF IT?
I'm more indifferent. I'll admit that I play games to people who ask me it's not something I'm ashamed of. Not necessarily saying i'm proud as it's not something I'd lump into ranking as being proud or not of. It's not an accomplishment, it's an entertainment/past time

DO YOU KICK ASS?!
I kick ass at everything I do! D< kidding...I'm so-so depends on the game really. Though it's ilke anything else...practice --> improvement

That would be a lot of people to know so logically no. Whole world being people I know...if they ask I'll tell.

ARE YOU A GAMER CHICK?
Yup. I love it.

ARE YOU PROUD OF IT?
Extremely unbelievably so. Where I'm from, girl gamers are considered to be unfeminine and lots of other annoying stuff. People can be so stupid.

DO YOU KICK ASS?!
Depends on the game really. If i spend time on it, im not too bad. Though I SUCK at driving games. Even a 4 year old could beat me.

DOES THE WHOLE WORLD KNOW?!
Um not really. I'd have to broadcast it on multiple media. Too lazy for that xD

ARE YOU A GAMER CHICK?

Yup! :D I play all kinds of games, the most recent one being Guild Wars 2 <3

ARE YOU PROUD OF IT?

Ummm I guess, it depends. If I'm with the guys then yeah I'm damn proud and happy when I kick their ass, but when I get depressed it likes to take over e.e'''

DO YOU KICK ASS?

YEAH! >:D

NO! >:D Just my guy friends~ :3