Game Show Competition RP (Interest Check and *Pote

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ester

Original poster
Hello all!

I have always been interested in the game show competition format, of having a group of contestants compete for a prize, face challenges each week and eventually be eliminated one by one. I watch a lot of these types of shows (Hell's Kitchen, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, RuPaul's Drag Race, Skin Wars, America's Got Talent, etc etc etc) and I've always wanted to write something that was fictional but also in that format, with a set amount of contestants, challenges etc. Of course with some fantastical/outlandish/shocking twists along the way that could only happen in the realm of fiction.

I'm already working on a solo piece that follows the whole game show competition concept, but would it be totally ridiculous to create a giant RP in which each character is a game show contestant, and the plot follows the typical game show format (with some twists)? It would have to be super organized, involve a LOT of people and have sort of a convoluted posting system, but I feel like it could be super fun IF there were enough people dedicated to making it happen.

So first things first, this is an interest check. Let me know if this is a totally stupid idea that could never happen, or if you think it could actually be a reality with some serious planning and dedication. Then, if I think it seems like a good enough idea, I can start to brainstorm (with some of you lovely people) exactly how it would work as well as what kind of competition we would be talking about (a talent contest? a Hunger Games-esque tournament situation? a survival show? the possibilities are endless!)

If you're interested, simply comment OR you could just like this post if you want ^__^ Thanks for reading.

Oh and also let me know if you've seen this done before. I'm probably not the first person to have had the idea.

Models and Hidden Camera stuff? Yeah, those have been executed a lot.

Of course with some fantastical/outlandish/shocking twists along the way that could only happen in the realm of fiction.

Sounds like a game show with extra layers. The kind with quizzes, athletic challenges, antics and the like.

I have seen this done before, but not very much. But if were to happen here, I would be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.