Game Of Intrigue - Sign Up and OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lupa Blackthrone

Original poster
IC
Welcome to the Kingdom!

Entering the towering stone walls of the shining capital city of the kingdom of Atlas, the first thing that you see is the towering castle sitting on the hill in the middle of the city, a fortress of stone, known for the blood in the cement that holds the stones together, and the ghost that wander the halls lamenting their early demise. But not only for the dark past is the castle known, but for the bright future its current owners wish. That is why you are here, actually. As the heir to the neighboring kingdom's royal line, you are to attend the royal ball that the King and Queen of Atlas are holding. To form permanent alliances in between the countries through marriage. But perhaps you have your own agenda? Do you wish to bring a revolution to the three kingdoms? Or perhaps you wish to take revenge on the King and Queen of Atlas for crimes their ancestors committed? That is of your own choice, but do try to have fun, for after all, this is a Game of Intrigue, and every decision shapes the outcome.

a_medieval_town_by_narandel-d6f8lks.png
The Three Kingdoms
Atlas
Atlas is the smallest of the three kingdoms, containing only three large cities (but numerous villages). This is the kingdom farthest from the ocean, sitting with the capital city, Prothean, pressed against the mountain ranges. The kingdom is typically cold, though the inhabitants are anything but. Snow dusts the ground nearly all year (only finally melting away during the hottest months of summer), and blankets the city in the winter. Surrounded by forest, the kingdom's main export is lumber from the forest and mined materials from the mountains. The other two large cities are Assani and Illium. Assani is considered the crime hub of Atlas, where the slaves are found, and the Royal family turns a blind eye. There are some who may find this behavior...disdainful.

The people of Atlas are Prisiks, a race of humanoids only distinguishable from their human cousins by their unusually small stature (the average for an adult male Prisik is 5'5", females are usually smaller), lighter bone structure, pointed ears, and that their eyes glow in dark spaces. They're a peaceful peoples who take great joy in revels and excess, possibly due to the low rate of poverty.

Important Information about Atlas
Capital City: Prothean
Prominent Race: Prisiks
Imports: Seafood, finished items,
Exports: Gems, building materials, lumber
Size: Smallest of the three
Wealth: High
Royal Family's Name: Blackthrone

Tun'kesh
Tun'kesh is the fishing kingdom, sitting on the coastline of the Sea of Tunkai. There are many cities dotted along the water that belong to Tun'kesh's royal family, the Crins. It is warm and balmy most of the year, bringing in many visitors from the neighboring Atlas (who find the sea water various degrees of terrifying and curious) who find the warm sun much to their dislike. The largest kingdom of the three, it stretches many miles on either side of the capital of Crin City. A somewhat poor province, they may wish to marry into the wealth of Atlas, or possibly wish to kill off the Blackthrones and take Atlas' wealth for their own.

The people are the Kyin, a sort of shape-shifter. They're typically very serious, and may take on any shape, though they have a default shape they take when not focusing. Usually, the default is Human or Prisik, but not always.

Important Information about Tun'kesh
Capital City: Crin City
Prominent Race: Kyin
Imports: Gems, lumber, finished items
Exports: Seafood, salt
Size: Largest
Wealth: Low
Royal Family's Name: Crin

Tani'raane
Tani'raane is the medium kingdom, and the most diverse. They're the war-mongers of the three kingdoms, but this has also made it so that both Prisiks and Kyin move there, hoping to be in a safer place during the next war. They import goods from both Tun'kesh and Atlas, and export furniture, jewelry, and finished items back. They're the most technologically advanced, despite still being ruled under a monarchy, they've begun machine manufacturing things, though only on a small scale. A royal from Tani'raane may be interested in starting a revolution in another kingdom to see how it would play out in a place that isn't their own home before starting one back at home, or may be interested in marrying another royal to secure the strength they have in the event of an uprising. Or, maybe they have no opinion and are only attending because they must?

Ruled by the human family of Tychioko, the main population of Tani'raane is human, a violent race, though intelligent. They can be kind and compassionate beyond that of the Prisiks or the Kyin, or they can be ruthless and cruel. They're regarded with some prejudice among the other two kingdoms behind their backs, but respect to their faces.

Important Information about Tani'raane
Capital City: Yaren
Prominent Race: Human
Imports: Seafood, salt, lumber, gems
Exports: Finished items
Size: medium
Wealth: medium
Royal Family's Name: Tychioko

-This is a fantasy RP but that doesn't mean you don't have to be at least semi-realistic, if in doubt, message me and I'll clear things up

-Maximum of two(2) royal characters per player, I may up this number if not to many people are interested

-Companions are optional, and may be played as romancable

-Your royals may only have one companion each

-You know the usual; no Godmodding, no perfect characters

-You don't have to go the romance route

-If I make a mistake on spelling, grammar, or name, tell me and I'll fix it

-One son and one daughter for each Royal Family (I'll put down which places are taken and which aren't)

-I'll play the Blackthrone King and Queen along with the two children, but you can message me asking for positions as the other Kings and Queens

-The Princes and Princesses don't have to fall in love with another prince/princess, they can fall in love with a companion if they want

First Name:

Last Name:(from which royal family does she/he hail?)

Race:(human, Prisik, Kyin)

Appearance (if Kyin, this is what they look like when in a Human/Prisik form): [anime is fine, real people is fine, just describing is fine]

(Kyin only) Favored form:

(Prisik only) Color eyes glow:

(Human only) Opinion of other races:

Pets they have brought with them:

Companion attending with them: (Only answer if they have one coming along)

Do you plan on playing this companion as romancable or no?

Other things someone might need to know:(Double personalities? Flaws? Phobias? Quirks? Sexuality?)
--------------
Character List
The Royal Blackthrone Family
King: Maximilian Blackthrone III
Queen: Anise Blackthrone (once commoner--Lupa and Damon could tell you the story)
Prince: Damon Blackthrone
Princess:Lupa Blackthrone

The Royal Crin Family
King: Open-NPC
Queen: Open-NPC
Prince: Open-Player Character
Princess: Open-Player Character

The Royal Tychioko Family
King: Open-NPC
Queen: Open-NPC
Prince: Open-Player Character
Princess: Open-Player Character

The Royal Companions
Blackthrone's do not have companions

[ ] Crin's companion is [ ]. Is played by [ ], and is [ ] romancable.
[ ] Crin's companion is [ ]. Is played by [ ], and is [ ] romancable.

[ ] Tychioko's companion is [ ]. Is played by [ ] and is [ ] romancable.
[ ] Tychioko's companion is [ ]. Is played by [ ] and is [ ] romancable.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name:
Lupa

Last Name:
Blackthrone

Race:
Prisik

Appearance:
Lupa is small, even by Prisik standards. Standing at 5'00" and weighing barely 105 lbs, she doesn't cut a very imposing figure, even among her own kind. She has little-to-no assets to speak of, and knows it. She keeps her ink-black hair short, like a messy boy's hair. Her skin is ivory white, and looks even paler in contrast to her dark hair and deep blue eyes. She's not underfed, she's simply very slim, and makes the best use of it. She's quick to show expression, and always looks somewhat philosophical, standing off to the side with a vacant expression. Her typical ensemble for the day is a nondescript dress in the darkest color her maids will allow with as little skin showing as possible.
2caf1553abcd4a8b6af0210226d8ae3c.jpg

(Typically, though, it's a dress...)

Color Eyes Glow:
Blue

Pets They Have Brought Along:
She lives in the castle the ball is being held in, so she has all her pets. A black and white dog named Tunkai (a rather cruel joke on her part), a pure white cat that she has named Prometheus, and her black horse, Samhain.

Companion Attending With Them:
None

Is Companion Romancable:
N/A

Other Things Someone Might Need to Know:
-She's terribly afraid of birds
-She loves to dress up like a man and shock the newcomers to the castle who believed there was a princess Blackthrone and not two Prince Blackthrones. She's chased away many suitors this way.
-The quickest way to make her swoon is to compliment her intelligence or her choice in books.
-She's got quite the sharp tongue when she believes she's being made fun of.

=------------=

First Name:
Damon

Last Name:
Blackthrone

Race:
Prisik

Appearance:
Damon and his sister are at opposite ends of the height spectrum, where she is abnormally short, he is abnormally tall for a Prisik, standing at 5'7". Their builds are similar, taking after their mother's, with slender frames. Where Lupa's form has little muscle on it, though, Damon's is nearly all muscle, lean and gotten from constant training in sword play, hunting, and learning those 'manly' trades (though, he's revealed to his sister on occasion, he believes she could do them just as well, and with less getting smacked in the head with branches). His hair is the same dark black as his sister's, and looks windblown most of the time, even if he's been within the castle all day. His eyes are so dark green they're nearly black, and constantly look amused, as if he finds something horribly funny about everyone. Despite this, he frowns often, and often looks irritated. His typical clothes for a day would be whatever he can get away with that's the most comfortable and easy to ride in, but his parents wont flip out if the public sees him in.
large.png

Color Eyes Glow:
Despite being green, the glow that takes residence in the dark is pale blue.

Pets They Have Brought Along:
Since he lives in the castle, he has all his pets...which means two. He has a goldfish named after his grandfather 'King Damien' who is actually Damon's own namesake, and his horse. The horse is much larger than Lupa's, and a dark red color (commonly known as liver). The horse is named Yule (which set the tradition between him and his sister of calling their horses after holidays).

Companion Attending With Them:
None

Is Companion Romancable:
N/A

Other Things Someone Might Need to Know:
-Much to his sister's chagrin, he is incapable of sitting still, it seems
-He's somewhat vain
-Sharp tongued when feeling attacked
-Has a rather strong dislike for humans, though only because of his history lessons​

First Name: Holly

Last Name: Crin

Race: Kyin

Appearance:

Holly is a treat to the eyes, standing at 5'6 and expressing extreme attention to care when it comes to her body. It looks as if she would be one to throw on copious amounts of product onto her skin to bless it beyond belief, but alas it is entirely natural, not a lick of the stuff upon her bodily form. Being a Kyin, she is able to shapeshift to a degree, but rarely does this as her friends would desert her, even if she was a princess. For now, she simply wishes to get along with everyone.

image.jpg

Favored form: Human.

Pets they have brought with them: A hunting bird who can catch fish, by the name of Orpha. Holly had found the bird injured upon the shores of Crin City, and nursed it to good health. The two are rarely seen apart.

Companion attending with them: None.

Other things someone might need to know: -Holly is known to be scared of insects, though she has been taking measures to combat this.
-Holly is said to be homosexual, but it's hard to notice, considering most of her friends are male.
-Holly is eager to fish with her bird, Orpha.
-Holly loves gems.

Reactions: Lupa Blackthrone
Hm...
Would I be permitted to play the Tychioko prince AND princess?
I have a royal brother-sister duo I created years ago for an RP that never got off the ground, and I'd love to bring them back. c; <3

Heck yeah! That's more or less what's preferred, actually.

First Name: Vladimir

Last Name: Crin

Race: Kyin

Appearance:
yuusha.jpg

A bright young individual who's not much older than 25. Standing tall and proud at roughly 5'11, Vladimir has a calm and heartwarming gaze behind sinister intentions.

Favored form: Human

Companion attending with them:

Do you plan on playing this companion as romancable or no?: yes

Other things someone might need to know:
- Money hungry, always trying to find a way to scheme and plot the other nations out of codependency
- He knows how to make poisons, and how to draft treaties that would favor his aims
- Vladimir has a fear of blood, though that doesn't mean he won't get over that fear to kill if so needed.

Okay, cool! c;
I'll try to post their CSs later! c:

The Royal Tychioko Siblings of Tani'raane
Princess Nariko & Prince Akemi

15094-anime-paradise-anime-prince-and-princess.jpg

{{Our differences only make us stronger.}}

First Name
Nariko

Last Name
Tychioko

Race
Human

Appearance
Nariko, despite being her brother’s elder by a year, is quite short in comparison to her towering brother. She stands at a mere five feet, weighing in just above a hundred pounds. Her hair is a foggy shade of black and reaches down to her midback when she removes it from her usual updo. Her eyes are hodgepodges of shades of blues and some purples, her skin extremely fair. Nariko is petite in build, often causing her to appear almost fragile when she allows herself to drop the usual sharpness of her gaze and tautness of her lips. She favors pompous ball gowns of blues and purples, and she is always armed.

Opinion of Other Races
Nariko is skeptical and mightily stiff when it comes to the other races. She deems them unnatural and inferior, but not at all threatening. She tries her best to tolerate them humanely, but often needs reminders from her younger brother to be civil, whenever her mistrust and distaste comes to pass visibly. To her, it is hard to understand why anyone would put up with these freaks of nature.

Pet
Nariko owns a pet hawk that she calls Altair. Altair is never very far away from her, always perched on her shoulder or circling just above her head.

Companion
Thalia (@Alice Falling)

Other
- Nariko takes on the duty of general law and order quite well, but is lacking in the diplomacy and public relations department.

- She only attended because she felt that her easy-going brother needed someone with a more realist mind to look after his naive self.

- Nariko is bisexual.

- Despite being female, her father expects her to take over the ruling of her kingdom one day, marrying just for the purpose of producing an heir.

First Name
Akemi

Last Name
Tychioko

Race
Human

Appearance
Akemi, despite being his sister’s inferior by a year, is quite tall in comparison to his petite sister. He stands at about five foot seven inches, weighing in around a hundred twenty pounds. His hair is a strawberry blonde and reaches down to just below his shoulders, exactly the way he likes it. His eyes are a startlingly bright shade of the most brilliant of greens, his skin extremely fair. Akemi is lanky in build, often contributing to his bighearted, kind nature. He favors simple outfits of browns and reds, and he hates wearing his crown.

Opinion of Other Races
Akemi feels as though the other races are just like his own race and he welcomes them with open arms. There's nothing more to say on the subject.

Pet
Akemi has a horse he calls Aphrodite. She is pure white with a gray mane.

Companion
Kale (@Alice Falling)

Other
- Akemi takes on the duty of diplomacy and public relations quite well, but is lacking in the law and order department.

- He is attending mainly to forge friendships and alliances with the other two kingdoms.

- Akemi is heterosexual.

- He doesn’t always like being royal. Sometimes, he would prefer to be a normal citizen.

So, Nariko and Akemi are done. c;
Do I just post when I'm ready? o;

Everyone's accepted.
So, Nariko and Akemi are done. c;
Do I just post when I'm ready? o;
Indeed-y. Whenever you're ready, I've got a starting post up, you can work off that or go your own way. I'm not picky.

Hello! I'm interested in this, I'm a sucker for medieval like things, and would love to play two companions! If that's okay? If it is alright, I was wondering who want a companion?

I've got a question about the companions, actually...
If we say that there's no companion with say, the royals, does this mean that they're not open for romance? Or is it something else which is remarkably simple and that I'm just overthinking here.

@TheRealHermione I see! Well... I guess Holly's bird kinda fits the close friend description? XD
But anyways, in terms of romance, I'd say Holly is, well, available. To the other royals or a companion, whichever. If nothing of the sort happens, then it's fine by me.

@TheRealHermione, awesome! Then if that's okay with you, and our lovely GM, I'll make a 2 companions. One for both of yours. Unless I should only make one in case somebody else wants to join as a companion...

@TheRealHermione, awesome! Then if that's okay with you, and our lovely GM, I'll make a 2 companions. One for both of yours. Unless I should only make one in case somebody else wants to join as a companion...
that's perfectly fine by me! I'm glad to see everyone working together.

Status
Not open for further replies.