Game of Intrigue - IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lupa Blackthrone

Original poster
Sign-ups and OOC

((Just going to put it out there that this is my first RP on Iwaku, so don't kill me, okay? I actually did try--I just didn't do so hot.))
Prothean castle was a huge stone structure from the outside, and the throne room spoke of this quite eloquently. With the two large throne sitting in the middle of the room, with two smaller ones on either side, the room still looked giant, with vaulted ceilings and rafters with the Prisik banner fluttering from them.
King and Queen Blackthrone sat in the two thrones in the center, the Queen was a small woman with red hair, curls bound by the silver circlet around her forehead. Her eyes were brilliant green, with an almost feral gleam, only encouraged by the cold smile that seemed forced. Alongside her stood King Maximilian Blackthrone, who appeared more like his children, he was average height for a Prisik, with black hair falling to his shoulders in a black curtain, and nearly black eyes, despite his darker colors, he looked to be the more friendly of him and his wife, dressed in whites and golds, nearly the opposite of his wife in greens and silvers.
On his right was his son, Prince Damon Blackthrone, who was tall and lean, like a willow tree, with dark hair that looked as if he'd just been out riding. His eyes were darker than his mothers, but noticeably green. He seemed to carry himself much like his mother did, with the air of being sharper than he let on. On the opposite side sat Princess Lupa Blackthrone, who was a mix of both her parents. She was petite, even for a Prisik, without much to her. Dark hair, cut short, as if she were imitating a boy, fell over her eyes while her head was bowed over a book. She had a pen in hand, and seemed to be marking things in the book, unaware of their guests.
The King and Queen rose to their feet, and King Blackthrone lifted his arms out to gesture to the room. "My home is your home, my esteemed guests. Please enjoy your stay and do not hesitate to ask any of the servants if you need assistance, they would be glad to help. I trust they have shown you to your rooms already? Then I will introduce my two children to you." his voice was deep, but not particularly loud. Damon stood, smiling briefly, and Lupa continued her writings undeterred, apparently rather oblivious to her surroundings. A swift pinch, almost too quick to see, from the Queen caused her to jump to her feet (and nearly trip over her skirts in the process). "My son, Damon Blackthrone and my daughter Lupa Blackthrone." the Queen said coolly and then smiled, "I think my husband and I shall leave you all to get to know each other. Have a good evening, all." her voice was strong, and carried a slightly Tun'keshic accent.
And with that, the King and Queen left the room, leaving their children alone with the unknown characters of our story.

The castle was massive, at least, to the Kyin who had never ventured into such a place before. Holly was sure that her parents took her here once in the past, but it was a strain on the memory to even remember back that far. Alas, the young princess Crin and her slightly faded blue eyes were intrigued by such a grand place. Her attire, for now, was a traditional Tun'kesh dress, which went down to the knees, from which boots of an undetermined length resided, and part of her hair up into a lovely spiral design, complete with dangling feathers of war birds which were a symbol of strength within her country.
Having the king and queen leave was a little nerve racking for the Holly, she did not know where to even begin with all of these new, albeit lovely people. All she hoped for was someone to approach her, and save her the trouble of becoming nervous and mildly agitated at herself.

The thought that she would have to wait possibly hours before seeing her beloved bird was the core of the nervousness, enough to cause it to be visible with her body language and the like. She stood with her knees almost touching, her hands firmly clasped in front of her hips as she waited patiently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nariko and Akemi stand side by side, neither looking at each other, gazing upon the procession with varying degrees of interest. Nariko's lips form a thin line as her brown and white hawk perches on the armored glove that reaches to her elbow on her left arm. Her light blue gown is pompous and extravagant, trimmed with darker shades. And concealed at her side, she keeps a dagger in her belt. Just in case. Her brother appears more comfortable with the situation, a smile gracing his handsome face, his green eyes twinkling with wonder as he gazes upon each of those who pass him. Nariko rolls her eyes as she hears him mutter a single word breathlessly: "Marvelous!"

However, she doesn't have a chance to scold him for his raw naivety, for it is then that King and Queen of this foreign kingdom rise to their feet, the former opening his mouth to speak words of welcome, spreading his arms out as he addressed the guests."My home is your home, my esteemed guests. Please enjoy your stay and do not hesitate to ask any of the servants if you need assistance, they would be glad to help. I trust they have shown you to your rooms already? Then I will introduce my two children to you." A handsome young man stands with a broad smile, but his sister continues to do… Well, whatever it is that she's doing before leaping to her feet a little too late to adequately mask her mistake.

"My son, Damon Blackthrone and my daughter Lupa Blackthrone," the Queen's voice is melodical, gaining a smile from Akemi and a scowl from Nariko as she grips the hilt of her concealed dagger. "I think my husband and I shall leave you all to get to know each other. Have a good evening, all." The King and Queen leave briskly, leaving their children alone onstage.

Akemi beams and starts forward, ignoring his sister's hiss to: "Stay here! Akemi, don't you dare!" Indeed, he doesn't stop until he stands before the Blackthorne children, bowing to them slightly in a formal, yet friendly manner in turn. "I am Akemi of Tani'raane," he introduces himself with a slight smile. "And that," he points down to his sister, "is Nariko, my sister. It was ever so kind of your father to invite us here. This place is truly magnificent!" His eyes sparkle as he gazes around the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.