Game Night (Cards Against Humanity) + Learning French with Pav Night!

PavellumPendulum

oh, to be seen as the poet, not just the muse
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
1643991823702.png

Welcome to Game Night!

I'm happy to announce that I'll be hosting 1 game night this month on the Iwaku Discord server (which you should totally join if you have not already). Take this chance to show off how funny you are, how skilled you are, or how good you are at making friends. :^)

The schedule is as follows:
May 20th, 5PM to 6PM CST - CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY

We will also be swapping to any of the other games, if we need an activity change partway, but for now, this is the plan. These dates and times are based on my current availability, but if a lot of people push for a different day/time, I'm open to seeing if I can rearrange my schedule a little bit for it.

Also, say hello to a new event!

learning french with pav (1) (1).png
Welcome to Learning French with Pav!

As many of you know, I am a private tutor and a teacher (finishing up my education but I've got tons of classroom experience still, haha), who teaches in both English and French. Since a lot of people have expressed interest in learning French, I though it would be a cool idea to host a little mini lesson evening to share my knowledge with anyone who wants to learn! Specifically, I will be teaching Canadian French, (no, not Québecois or Parisian French) at a beginner level.

The topics I plan to go over during this class are:
  • Introducing yourself, your age and your pronouns
  • Talking about food and your preferences

If this interests you at all, please join in on the Discord server (linked above)!

The schedule for this event is as follows:
May 21st, 2 PM to 3 PM CST

Hope to see some people show up to have some fun! Have a great day <3

Last edited:
yes! I'm so excited to attend! (even with my thicccccc US accent)

• Love
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
yes! I'm so excited to attend! (even with my thicccccc US accent)

All accents are good accents (provided that they aren't faked to make fun of others 😤 )!

this is gonna b so much fun <3

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Niightmare
leaning French 👀 maybe I can hit y'all with some Japanese.

I WANNA GAME NIGHT! WHY THE FUCK DIDNT ANYONE INVITE ME!?

ILL KICK EVERYONES ASSES AT CAH! THIS GAME IS MY SHIT.
(as well as disgruntled decks, but non-veterans don't much understand.)

You’re always invited, XIII LMAO
Come out and beat our asses. Assert dominance 😤

• Haha
Reactions: XIII

You’re always invited, XIII LMAO
Come out and beat our asses. Assert dominance 😤
Don't tempt me with a good time, Pav. 😏

• Haha
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
I must join this. Where do we play? Is it in Table Top Sim or are we playing for free on like a site?

I must join this. Where do we play? Is it in Table Top Sim or are we playing for free on like a site?

In order to be as accessible as possible, we will be playing on a site. I will be sharing a link a few minutes prior to the session so make sure you’re ready in the Discord when the time comes around!

Because it’s funner to ask than to just google, what’s the difference between Canadian French and Québécois?

Because it’s funner to ask than to just google, what’s the difference between Canadian French and Québécois?

Canadian French is sort of a blanket term for all Canadian French spoken outside of Québec! Of course, there are many regional differences, but many French speakers in Canada will find more in common in their language with each other than with Québécois speakers. Québécois is a very unique dialect, mostly due to historical reasons, such as the fight for the right to speak French and it's roots as one of the first places colonised in Canada! It is also the province with the most French speakers in Canada, so naturally, it evolves far quicker there into it's own niche from use than it does elsewhere in the country.

Reactions: Ocha
Game Night starting in 5 minutes <3

Learning French with Pav starts in 40 min! <3