Galleon of the Black Mast - Sign up

I posted!

Ok, so basically we now know that the treasure on the island is the key to the Kaymeinites legend demonic powers. I kinda rushed through the scene cause I couldn't wait to coordinate it better with Effort and Des, but I think it turned out well.

ALSO

There is a merchant ship filled with goods. Take the long boats over, board her and take her for all she is worth!! I posted the captain giving Scar the orders, but it isn't necessary to wait for Fluffy to post. I just wanted to make it known that 9Lives gives his orders through her, being the first mate and all. I imagine the Gunners will hold their ship at bay while we pillage it, but however you guys want to go about it is cool with me. We need supplies, so don't be shy about how much we haul back in the long boats : ) you'll probably meet a litle resistance from the merchant sailors, so feel free to battle with them as you see fit.

questions?

Can I be a Pirate posing as a merchant sailor on the Merchant Ship? I'll draw up a character sheet for him once I get a reply :)

Yar!! you could probably swing that.

What is your plan? To help with the hi-jacking and then board the Nautica's cutlass? Cause that would work well to Integrate your character.

Yessir!

Welcome aboard the Nautica's Cutlass, feel free to post your Character sheet when you are ready!

Any questions you have about the game so far? I can give you a recap if you want.

Super basic version.

Chapter one: We had The Princess of Helsink captive > Went to return her for ransom > Were ambushed and had to fight our way out of the Helsink Kingdom. We were aided by the princess and she is now a member of the Crew (Harpy's character)

Chapter two: We are in the south sea (My fantasy version of South America...sorta)> The captain has just found a map, hidden among the many others he owns> Got Amilio (Efforts character) to translate > And if you read my last post, which I am guessing you did, you are pretty much up to date. We are VERY LOW on supplies which is why we are hijacking the merchant ship. : )

Here is a basic outline of Chapter two, to give you an idea of what I have planned so you can plan ahead on how to work your character in. We are comming up on part two after the current scene.

Part 1. (The start) When we arrive in the warm waters of the south seas, the crew is short on supplies. We need food and booze, bad! So our first goal will be to acquire them ASAP. We can do this by either pillaging a random island OR by hijacking a merchant trade ship. If no one voices what they would rather do, then I'll decide which : )

Part 2. (Main plot line) I plan on working with Amilio and Armande (Effort and Des) since their characters are from Spain, which is the general area of where my fantasy "South sea" is located, to incorperate their back stories.....possibly? Really anyone can jump in here..you can all post your ideas AND questions about this later in the chapter. As for that plot, so far I have this:

- Ancient race lives on island, they posses dark powers which were used at one point to defend their home against hostile neighbors.

- They have a very unique treasure (Which either Amilio or Armande will tell the captain about, inciting his greed)

- We dock on the island and enter on a friendly note with the race, but as soon as they discover what our true agenda is, we have to make a daring escape with -hopefully- the amazing treasure in tote.

3. (outro) And yes, in this chapter we will, at some point, go up against a Sea Dragon. This is probably going to be the outro scene, still working on the details.

For number 2, The main plot, I have most of the specific details worked out, but will be adding to it when it becomes pertinent to the game.

Not to get overly complicated on you, lolol. I am a very easy going GM, however you want to play is cool with me

pirate_uk_by_forbiddenist-d34c2pc.jpg

Name: Elliot Linus Maximo III

Nickname: Chain Links, or just Links

Job: Blacksmith/Locksmith, Professional Thief

Scars/Tattoos: He has a patch over his left eye, one would only assume that he lost it. Various scars line his hands and arms, a few on his torso. He has no visible tattoos.

Equipment/Personal Weapons: Dagger, Cutlass, and a six-foot long chain usually kept rolled up at his waist. All of his equipment was forged by his hand.

Persona: Hardened by the forge at a young age, Links is a tough man. He cares little for human life, other than his crew. He is fiercely loyal to his captain if they prove worthy of Links' loyalty. Sly, cunning, and quick wits drive Links in battle. He is strong, agile, and stealthy.

Short Bio: Links was raised by his father, a blacksmith, in a small town off the coast of the south sea. He was from about as far north on the south sea as you could get, as his family hailed from the north. As a child, his father started teaching him his trade, so that his boy may grow up to be a smith someday. For years, Links learned to smith, and was getting pretty good at it. Once he his his teenage years, his father taught him the art of swordplay. At the age of seventeen, Links' father was captured in a naval raid. He was accused of selling weapons to pirates and, consequently, he was hung for it. This left Links the forge, which he used for another two years. He made weapons and sold them to pirates as often as he could, hoping that one day the navy would come back and he could slaughter them in cold blood for what they did to his father. Alas, the day never came before Links gave up the smithing business and decided to go into thievery. He started off as a petty thief, picking pockets, running from guards, and hiding out. He taught himself to pick locks, and began to burgle. Being a smith, once he knew how locks worked, he could craft them. He found it fun to pick the locks on people's houses, steal from them in the night, and then replace the lock with one of his own. The next morning was always a joy to awake to. Some poor soul hollering out his window, complaining about how his key doesn't work on his lock anymore. At the age of 25, Links took to the seas. He became a stowaway on merchant ships, stealing their valuables and selling them on the black market. He made his living this way. Now, this thief's life was never a peaceful one, full of brawls, fights, and murder...but he likes it that way. The Man, now age 27, is posing as a merchant aboard a small vessel. He intends on hijacking it and selling the cargo to buy himself a nice ship...his plans might take a turn, though, as the fog of night lifts only to reveal a ship very near their vessel. All of the sailors eye it, and mumble something about pirates...

Nice Character! And nice Intro. I like how he comes off as a Sleeper cell type!

I posted. I may not get another post up until Sunday or Monday, so until then...

Anyone who missed the action is free to do a recap and get some killing in if you want. Other than that just post loading the long boats along with any thing else you wish to steal off the merchant ship. For now Links is on our side, but once we get back to the Cutlass with the goods secured, 9Lives will order Scar to see that he is locked up, unsure if he is trustworthy and what not.

@ Fluffy - You can wait until people post then wrap up this scene if you want, with Scar taking Links to the cell OR you can wait until I post again for 9lives...whichever you want.

Wow, what a busy weekend > <

Good posts, guys.

I am going to be ending the scene...tonight or tomorrow. Anyone who wants to post can do so before then.

Things are heating up between Armand and Links!

I want to move the story along, so I might step in and do that. Unless there is any objection from Des or drpepper? Let me know so I can post.

let it rock, man. lets see what the kaymenites have to offer....

I posted, just enough to end the Merchant ship scene.

More down time while I work on the details of the bulk of Chapter two, which is us facing the Kaymenites. Shouldn't take me long (Couple days at most), just gotta prepare the post and decide how exactly we will approach the people of the Kaymein island to make the scene flow as seamlessly as possible<boring gm="" stuff="">.

In this time just interact with each other, do whatever it is that pirates do or wait for me, either way is cool.

@ drpepper - I posted that the two guards 'stripped you of your belongings' but I will leave it up to you if they missed anything.

Questions or comments?
</boring>

perhaps the kaymenites are low on supplies too.. froma monsoon or such. bribes are always good.

Oooo, that is a good idea man. I am totally using that.

We could use that as a way to get in with them and have a reason to land on their Island. Then while we are there, attempt to steal their treasure! Of course this will end in an all out war against the Demons, mwahahahaaa.