Galleon of the Black Mast - Sign up

Edit is your friend Laharl. I sometimes add info to bios as I go along playing a character.

O_o Monkey.

Want.

IC is up

Welcome aboard the Cutlass, Arrrrrr!

A few things

I have the a pretty solid plot laid out for the start of the RP, at least until we get into a grove, but after that I am open to any and all suggestions you might have.

Don't be a loner (Unless thats what you really like) Were on a ginormous ship and interaction is key!

Remember that unless you are very low ranking (Don't think we have any of those?) you have your own sleeping quarters, Gunners and carpenters share with their respective crew mates.

Any questions you have about ANYTHING post here or PM me.

EDIT: Also, we can safely assume that we all are acquainted, to a certain extent.

Name: Amilio Diaz
Nickname: El Torbellino/Torrente De Espadas (or just Torbellino/Torrente)
Appearance:
Minus the axe and minus the hat and looks more dashingly Spanish. 1298346606_1865_full.jpeg

Job: Musician, Carpenter apprentice, Badassic Swordsman
Scars/tattoos: Scars on his hands and small scars scattered around his body.

Equipment/personal weapons: Assortment of swords and knives. Guitar.
Favorite pair of blades 1861359-xs.jpgThrows these pirate_knife_400508.jpgPlays this images.jpg

Persona: Amilio can be very flamboyant and headstrong. He's something of a charmer and believes in honor to some degree (to some degree because he hangs out with criminals and stuff) but he can abandon the honor thing if need be. He can also be kinda sensitive and stuff because he's just so great. He loves and misses his father but is not going to die the way he did, aspiring to become better than his father ever was in the sword to make him proud. Amilio believes he is low in skill compared his father, not knowing he has already surpassed his father's renowned skill. Speaks English with a very prominant Spanish accent.

Short Bio: Amilio's father was a very accomplished swordsman of moderate nobility. He would take challenges from his peers and civilians, for fun. A lot of the time they would duel for money and Amilio's father (Augusto) accumilated mucho cash this way. One day a duke challenged Augusto and when Augusto won. He had arrogantly bet his entire estate against Augusto's property and had a tantrum, demanding the duel be a fight to the death (it wasn't in the first place). Augusto refused and politely asked him to leave. Being a dishonorable dog, the duke drew his pistol and fired upon Augusto and killed him. The only spectators were the dukes guards, and Amilio, hiding and watching. His mother did not approve of duelling, yet Amilio learned it from his father anyway. When he got home and told his mother of what he saw and that he planned vengeance, she forbade him from doing so. When Amilio learned it couldn't be proved that the duke had killed his father, he acted on his desire for vengeance. Amilio went to the duke, challenged him for his life, pulling out his swords. The duke refused and Amilio attacked anyway. He sliced up the duke pretty good but couldn't get a killing blow in before the guard responded. Amilio escaped not only the dukes estate (which was rightfully his family's) but ended up having to flee the country. So leaving his mother and siblings behind he hastily boarded the Cutlass, where he demonstrated his skill with guitar as well as sword to convince the captain to allow him membership of his crew.
Amilio has been with the crew for almost two years.

Accepted, of course! Good character effort.

Hey guys. Great posts so far.

Just wanted to let you all know that I will be busy for the next couple days, due to unannounced house guests -_- I will most likely be unable to post, other than short general or OOC posts.

Anyway

To those that have already posted feel free to get anything you are doing wrapped up while I'm gone, and to those that haven't posted...feel free to do so whenever you're ready.

IF you've read my last post you'll see that the captain is getting ready to send a letter out to all his "most trusted" members of the crew (that would be all of you lovely players : ) ) So when I get back officially I will continue the plot, and all the captain's intentions will become clear. ALSO be ready for some upcoming action, mwahahahah. OH, THE THRILLS I HAVE PLANNED FOR YOU ALL!!! *cough*

EDIT: Still accepting new players. Just put a sheet up and I'll approve it ASAP.

Name: Odo Ba'amni

Nickname:
Mute, Mutie, "Hey, you there"

Appearance:
Odo's skin is dark, though it's difficult to tell if it's his natural color or simply the product of being bathed in sun all his life. Over six feet, and covered in thick muscle, his silent demeanor coupled with his large size and considerable strength make him a person to be wary of should you cross his mistress. He has no hair on his head, and upon closer inspection, has no hair on his face or any other part of his body, whether this is a choice he has made or he was simply born this way is unclear. He wears a sleeveless shirt and high water pants made of linen, he has a braided belt of the same material and leather wrappings that bind around his ankles and loop once under his foot.

Early thirties is the most common age guessed.

Job:
Surgeon's assistant, part-time Cooper.

Scars/Tattoos:
He has few scars, minor nicks and scratches. He has thin line tattoos that run from his shoulders to his knees, they are mostly hidden by his dark skin and clothes.

Equipment/Personal Weapons:
Odo carries two belt knives, around eight inches in length. One is curved with a semi-deep belly and a single edge, while the other is straight with dual edges. He also has small pouches attached to his belt where he keeps miscellaneous items he feels he might need. In combat situations he uses a stout club with metal rings bound at the end.

Persona:
Obviously a man of few words, Odo has served his faithfully as Cybele's right hand. Neither tell of how he came to be in under her employ nor how they are able to communicate with his lack of speaking ability, yet he is proven to be both capable and intelligent. Rarely seen far from his mistress, he is very much her terrifying shadow. When her own strong will fails to impress others, surely his might makes it so. Though he is loyal to the crew and it's captain, his loyalty to Cybele stands above all else.

Short Bio:
Odo was found nearly five years ago, shortly after Cybele's own arrival. Employed as the ships Cooper at the time, he changed rolls upon meeting with his counterpart and has since been her aid in your ventures, both medical and otherwise. Because of his inability to speak he has yet to reveal anything about himself other than his trade skill and his usefulness as a crew member. Now under her guidance Odo has learned a few tricks in the ways of medicine and perhaps more, though he would never reveal it.

I hope I'm not too late to enter!

Hi guys,
Really sorry but I'm going away from Monday to Wednesday and also from Friday to Sunday, so you might not hear any posts from me until Monday-ish, after my first day back at school, but I'll try my best to post on Thursday when I'm back between holidays.
See you then!
Silverwolf and Rhorie

Looks good Pete. Post whenever your ready. Thanks for letting us know Silver.Also, I'll be officially back tomorrow. So make sure you all get everything wrapped up cause I'll be time skipping us to later In the night.

Name: Karel Rutger

Nickname: Crimson Flash

Appearance:
Fe6Karel.jpg

Job: Navigator

Scars/tattoos: Has no scars on his body, however he does possess a tattoo of a teardrop with the initials "V.T." inside of it on the right side of his body. However, he never talks about it, and only the Captain knows what its true meaning is.

Equipment/personal weapons: His katana that he wields with deadly precision, as well as a compass and a pocket telescope. Also is in charge of all the maps onboard the Nautica's Cutlass.

Persona: Karel is a stern, and dutiful person, often not saying more than he needs to get the job done. He never seems to run out of things to do aboard the ship and always finds someway to keep busy and can easily find something for you to do as well. He generally frowns upon the frequent drinking and partying that goes on aboard the ship, however he understands what it means for crew morale and is known to be a very fun drunk when he actually sits down to knock a few back, given that it's one of the few moments that he truly relaxes.

Short Bio: When he was young he was the son of a noblemen in the pier of Sunlowe that sits on the Grywn Summer Isles, and as such was taught to read and write at a young age. However, given that he was the 3rd born son, little was expected of him and he had little hopes of inheriting anything from his parents. However, even that slim chance was robbed of him when he was kidnapped on a raid of his father's estate by pirates. While they killed many, when they stumbled upon Karel the captain realized his worth for reading maps and kidnapped him to train him as a navigator, as most pirates don't know how to read maps. Being young and scared, he posed little threat to the dangerous pirates around him.

Having been a mere 9 when taken, much of his life as he knows it was spent aboard a pirate ship. His beginning years he soon grew to enjoy his life and his once captors ended up being his comrades. Having learned a bit of swordplay as a child, he was trained as such by fellow crewmates, soon developing the skill that he's renowned for today. His nautical prowess soon grew as well as he began to recognize weather patterns and sea currents just by sight, becoming an acclaimed navigator among pirate crews.

However, when his crew was disbanded after a raid gone bad ended up with the crew mostly dead and her ship sunk, Karel decided it was time to captain his own ship. Taking up his fellow survivors and recruiting others, he founded the Coral Crypt and set sail. A young captain at a mere age 30, he however had 21 years experience at sea and soon rose to the forefront of the pirating world. However, at the top of that world proved to be far more than Karel realized.

Constant warring with other crews took their toll. While he won a majority of the battles, the one opponent that he could never seem to best was Captain Claudius and his Nautica's Cutlass. Their feud ended in a mighty sea battle, with the Coral Crypt actually boarding the Nautica's Cutlass.

However, while Karel was unmatched in swordsmanship and managed to live through the battle relatively unscathed, he soon found himself surrounded utterly, his entire crew laid to waste and his ship sunk. Bowing to his knees, he knelt before Captain Claudius and awaiting what he was sure was a swift death. However instead he found a hand stretched out before him, offering him to his feet.

Bewildered, he took it, and found Captain Nine lives staring him down, merely muttering, "You killed my Navigator, it's your debt to me to replace him." Taking this mercy to heart, Karel pledged himself to Captain Claudius and has since devoted himself to safely navigating the Nautica's Cutlass through the Seven Seas.

Welcome aboard.

Good character, Kaze. Post when you're ready.

I posted. It is the last post on page one, although I'm sure you'll figure that out after reading Kaze's post.

I know I kinda jumped ahead quite a bit, sorry if it's too much, but I got excited and wanted to move things along. I do that sometimes.

It's all good October, besides, we don't want things stalling anyways ^^

Good posts everyone. I just wanted to drop some notes here, feel free to comment on or add to them if you want, its not necessary though. I just like using the ooc to put my thoughts down. It helps me plan things out!

The battle is coming to a slow, but none the less exciting end. There is still room to get some gung-ho battle posts in!

At this point, the northerners ship is just about sunk. And those of them left on OUR ship are going into "Last Stand" mode, seeing as all hope of survival is lost for them.

Right now the Captain is having a brief exchange with the Princess and Rhorie, while Eben is getting ready to do some killing (he also may have broken his jaw, heheh "Jawbone"...but we'll see). Probably have about 2-3 more posts with the captain talking in the cell area before we move on.

After the battle is over and we get to the next day, everyone will have their work cut out for them, as the ship will need to be repaired...and the wounded, those of which have the chance of surviving, will need to be fixed up too.

If anyone wants to get involved with anything, or has things they want to do, just let me know before I wrap it up with the Captais's convo and I will wait before moving along.

Im all set.

Edit: I might come in with a very surprising turn of events.

Name: Sky Richards

Nickname: Blue

Appearance:
471203-bigthumbnail.jpg

Job: Gunner

Scars/tattoos: Has has one small scar over his right eye after barely escaping a brutal fight with a sea dragon from the days of his old crew before he ever joined up with 9 Lives. The dragon killed Blue's entire crew, with him luckily escaping into a life boat as he shot mercilessly at the dragon with his infamous pistol he appropriately named The Salamander. He also has a tattoo of a large anchor on his back to symbolize toughness and the original mark of a sailor, and around that anchor is a chain that turns into a vicious snake to symbolize resilience and no fear.

Equipment/personal weapons:

The Salamander

Dragon_pistol.jpg

Brief Weapon Description: Made of dragon skin and fine oak wood, this pistol has killed many beasts without fail. Because Blue keeps it in such good condition, the firing mechanism never slows, and the pistol's accuracy is quite great.

The Crimson Tide

basket-hilt-sword-250x250.jpg

Brief Weapon Description: A basket cutlass in prime condition with a crimson basket handle that Blue ALWAYS stains with the blood of his freshest kill. It's so light and durable that it can slice through air and bones like clockwork.

Persona: Sky is a serious and noble man. He used to be a military officer until he was told he had to retire his duties because he was too old to fight any longer, since being told that he turned his face away from the law and sought refuge with countless pirate crews, from one to the other, until he finally finds rest in Nine Live's crew. Sky often likes to tell mighty stories of his past with vicious monsters and close encounters, especially with the captain he tends to enjoy being by his side and hearing the captain's own war stories in comparison. He often befriends those who share his same serious nature, he isn't a fan of jokers and those who do not take their job serious.

Short Bio: Sky Richards used to be a military officer long ago until he was told to retire because of his age. After vicious wars and battles, Sky is a man who's seen more death than five thousand morgues put together. And because of his age, he is full of wisdom and experience as a soldier and a pirate. This often makes him a mentor to other pirates and fighters of all kinds. Every now and again he will go to bars and pubs to take someone under his wing in need of guidance.

After being forced to leave the military, Sky went off on his own excursion with his own crew of whatever men he could find willing to journey around the world. But this voyage of adventure quickly went shallow after being bombarded by creatures and monsters of every sort, until finally falling victim to a large sea dragon which engulfed his ship and all his crew into smithereens. He was the only survivor escaping in a life boat with his life after shooting the dragon directly in it's left eye with his pistol, but not after the dragon manages to scar his own eye with it's large talon.

After such a venture, Sky returned to his home retiring in peace wanting to never again go out to sea and only telling stories at bars to those who bother to listen to an old man beyond his years. In a depression, Sky's life seemed to have come to a complete stop. No direction and no goal, Sky eyes various wanted posters and bulletin ads around town until he hears a band of pirates lead by Captain Nine Lives was looking for crew members, his heart skipped a beat.

Ecstatic he rushed to find this captain and his crew, and demanded he come aboard explaining of his experience at sea, and without further argument, he was welcomed aboard and ended up being very close to the Captain. Though Sky doesn't ALWAYS agree with the way Nine Lives does things on his ship, he tolerates the bad and makes good of any situation. He is kind of like the father many crew men go to for their problems, although Nine Lives could care less about the whining.

Accepted Shadowfiend. Great character, dude.

Sea Dragons! *Takes notes for later use*

Feel free to post whenever you're ready.

Hey guys!
Great posting so far, I'm really enjoying reading every single one ^_^
Just to forewarn you, it's my first day of Sixth Form tomorrow so I'll probably be posting short posts for the next 2 weeks or so.
Silverwolf and Rhorie