Galleon of the Black Mast [COMPLETED RP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Galleon of the Black Mast

At first Amilio was bewildered until the ship started turning. Then it became clear as he looked ahead and saw a small rainbow forming from mist at the bottom of the falls, if it had a bottom. As this realization came to him the long boats were lowered. But the captain...Tears came to his eyes, he couldn't help it. Amilio grabbed the captains hand and shook it in a manly manner. "Captain. It was an adventure to be on your ship, I thank you for taking me on board but I must return to Spain and my family with my father. I will pray for you on your new adventure and tell the stories of ours. And Captain? I blame you for nothing. Thank you." With that he almost turned away to go collect his father, but paused. He put an arm around Tradewind's waist and pulled her into a kiss as long as he dared spend time holding it. Amilio pulled away with a devilish grin and ran downstairs to collect his father from the infirmary, spreading news of the situation to everyone he came across.

He half carried his father up the stairs and over to the rail where the long boats were. The man was groggy but awake enough to lower himself safely into the long boat, leaving Amilio standing by the railing to wait for others who might want to join the boat.

The Oceanic Falls, a legend come true that Tradewind never thought that she would see. Not that this was one of the things that had hoped for in the slightest, but it was awe-inspiring nonetheless. She weighed her options, contemplating the ship and its captain. There was little surprise that he would go down with his ship, though it was not his fault. The man had lost everything, it seemed, in the last few days. The ship was practically all he had left.

For a moment, Tradewind considered staying with 9Lives, aboard the ship as it went over the falls. Perhaps, she thought to herself, in light of the recent events... it would be better to wash away their trace from the world and to let the memories of the cursed object sink to nothingness. Amilio, it seemed, had made up his mind to leave. Before he scampered, he pulled Tradewind into a kiss that made her cheeks sear red. Before she could utter a word, however, he had run to the longboats where she could clearly see most of the members of her old crew gathering.

A pang of guilt struck Tradewind then. She had asked them aboard and they'd signed up for... this. She wanted to lead them again, the whole captainless crew that escaped, but she still wasn't certain if she could abandon 9Lives aboard the ship. Her decision was nearly made for her, though, when Tabitha strode delicately from below deck to see what was going on and why the longboats were being lowered. Tradewind had not yet completed her mission; Tabitha was not safe aboard this ship and might need Tradewind in the longboats.

"Captain, may this be the start of a new adventure for you. I would stay, but my duty calls me elsewhere. I've yet to complete my purpose satisfactorily. You, though, deserve this beautiful sendoff. For you, I hope that Scar is at the base of those falls, awaiting more adventures with her beloved best friend. You've my thanks for all you've done for me, Claudius. You've been a good captain."

With that, Tradewind rushed to Tabitha and whispered explanations into her ear, watching her face take on an expression of horror before dragging her in the direction of the longboats. Eternally loyal and dedicated, it had taken tearing herself to determine what she should do but in the end, Tabby was still in danger and Tradewind was therefore not yet fulfilled.​

She paused for a moment as 9Lives laid his hand on her shoulder, telling her that she had served the ship well. Anabel had tried her best to protect everyone she could, to help those that needed it and to add her wisdom where needed. Deep blue hues were dull now; she was tired of running and pirating around. She had a short life but a long one at the same time; she had fought many battles, mentally and physically; emotionally and verbally. The blonde ex-harlot realized she was tired of life and the things it had to offer. Sad eyes glanced over at Armand as he told the captain to pray and wished he had been on land with him. A ghost of smile appeared on her lips as she nodded to the captain, turning as she glanced over the railing at the endless sea before them. What would she do with her life once they found land? Would she go back to a brothel and do the only other thing she knew how or would she be able to make an honest living for herself without having to sell her body to men? Anabel hadn’t a clue as to what she wanted anymore; she felt as if there was a hole in her chest and she didn’t know how to fill it or heal it anymore. Her hunger for revenge on her father was gone, wasted away along with all of her dreams of a peaceful life. She could hear the roar of the falls before the captain even mentioned anyone abandoning ship. Would it finally come to an end? Her suffering and loneliness would finally stop. Blue hues glistened with tears as she turned back to look at the captain as he told everyone that wanted to leave to leave now, there wasn’t much time left to get off the ship before they would be carried over the falls as well.

Soft lips parted for a moment as she watched Amilio leave with his father after surprising Tradewind with a kiss, perhaps this is what she needed to do. Say goodbye to those she had come to gain as friends and follow the captain over the falls. No one deserved to die alone; at least that’s what Anabel believed. Sighing softly to herself Anabel shook her head, blonde locks cascading over her shoulders as she did so. Walking across the deck towards Armand she looked up at him, eyes full of fear and sorrow. “Armand…I…I…” Even now, before she was about face death she could not admit her feelings to this man that had been with her and welcomed her aboard the entire time she had been upon the ship. Lifting shaking hands she grasped his face within them and pressed her lips against his softly. Pulling away she blinked for a moment, a tear sliding down her cheek as she spoke quietly, just loud enough for him to hear her words. “I…love ya Armand ya Spanish bastard. But, tis my time to go. I do not have a life ta go to, nor a family to welcome me home. Go back ta Spain with Amilio and his father. Live life like ya could die any moment. Promise me you’ll do that?” Her voice shook as she spoke more tears falling down her cheeks before she wiped them away furiously. Anabel hated to cry; even at a moment like this. She had faced death many times before but she knew that this time she would not win and escape its cold grasps. The reaper had been itching for years to lock Anabel in his cold embrace and take the life from her. She was finally giving in though; nothing could change her mind not even the love of a Devilish Spaniard.

Turning she faced the Captian, standing up straight and walking to stand beside him. “I won’t leave ya captain. We’ll meet Scar on the other side though she’s liable to give us each an ear full for not fighting or running we’ll see her once again.” Turning her head to stare at the captain, a look of determination upon her features now, eyes dry of tears and her voice strong and steady. “No one deserves to die alone Cap’n. Not even you.” That was all she would say; she could not speak for the others but when she had come aboard the Cutlass she had sworn to serve it with her life; even until the end she would. Anabel hoped that young children would hear the tale of a fiery tempered blonde that had gave her life to go down with the very ship that had saved hers; a young woman so full of life that couldn’t enjoy it anymore. She hoped that no other young woman would have to go through what she had in the few years of her life but that they would fight for their own lives and live them to the fullest like she had tried to do. Swallowing Anabel prepared herself to die, she was ready to face death; there was no fear left within her body or mind and she knew there was no more time left to run away from her destiny.

“No one deserves to die alone Cap’n. Not even you.”

Those words Hit armadn harder than anything Anabel had said. He lowered his head a bit. " Spanish bastard indeed.. i defy death twice just to fidn myself at the edge of the world." he sighed a bit, seeing that the falls came ever closer.

" I should have known the doldrums were more than met the eye." He laughed a little now, leanign agaisnt eh Railing.

" To hell and beyond It is for the Cutlass...From life unto death we travel between the eternities." He spoke out loud for all to hear.

In a moment of strange understanding he nodded to Anabel, knowing what motivated her. regret...despair that nothign coudl lift, not even an eternity with him. she had given up, and that was that.

" So Capitan... you know more than anybody what.. what i am... so i hope you know you'll never be forgotten. These dragons bones make the cutlass something more than a beaten old half galleon...May she serve you well without me, as she did with, and may your cannons be guided by your will, as the crew that once did so at your will."

His words came close to Claudius, almost as if only the captain coudl hear them. he blinked his eyes at Anabel, smilign tenderly. " And may you.. my scottish rose, Be safe in the arms of the lord.. know that everyone deserves forgivness.. and happiness.. may you find it beyond...for without you, Eternity will be...

" eternity will be..." he slipped backwards, falling into the shadow of a crate, literally disappearing. a trick that only anabel and Captain Ninelives understood. For armadn was a man cursed by the Kaymenites. destined to burn like a frozen maelstrom storm at the edge of the sun.

"Bittersweet."
he whispered in Anabels ear, unseen. unheard by anyone else... Gone as mysterious as he came. The whisper of his deep cackling laughter driftign over the sea on the motionless air.

Armand Desaecula.... The ghost Of the Nauticas Cutlass.

Tabitha had remained silent and lost since that dragon's attack, fearful and uncertain of everything it seemed. The only this that she found comfort in was the fact that there was always a tomorrow, always another chance to find something better. Of course, as supplies dwindled away and the sky became birdless the fair princess couldn't help but feel insecure. What would happen to them now? It seemed that her question would be answered as the sound of falls hit her ears and the captains voice caught her attention.

It was moving really, the captain having it his end. Of course, she did not understand most of what he was saying until Kaija ran over and explained it too her. An expression of horror appeared upon her face and she was quickly dragged towards the long boats. However, Tabitha had not intention to leave, not without giving a few final words to the captain. She pulled out of Kaija's grasp, signalling to her that she would return quickly before she darted up to where the captain was standing.

For a moment she could only stare. What could a princess say to an old sea faring captain that had hit his own end? She cleared her throat lightly before she approached the man, wrapping her arms around his large waist and giving him the only this she had to spare now...a hug. It was simple and plain but in it was the strongest feeling that anyone had probably ever showed the man. She stepped back after a moment though, time was dwindling and soon the long boats would leave, with or without her upon them.

"Captain...9lives....I owe you so much more than just words...but sadly that is all i can offer in these short moments you have left. I know I wasn't a very good pirate, I was barely able to work the kitchens, let alone fight any of the creatures we had seen in these short adventures we have shared. I know that I am too young to give you advice but...My mother used to say that we all have choices to make and paths to walk, whether they are good or bad all depends on how you see it...and captain...walking this path with you had been the best choice I have ever made...I pray that over those falls, you find everything you are looking for."

With that she quickly wiped a small tear from her eye, catching it quickly before it all. She could hear the others calling, there was no time to wait anymore. For the first in a long time, a small smile crossed the princesses lips.

"May the gods bless you captain, and show you the way." She finished before turning back and running to the long boats, hopping in next to Kaija and silently crying as they prepared to descend.

Links with a newly acquired peg leg had kept to himself mostly in the infirmary, getting used to the prosthetic and simply thinking about all he had accomplished, all he had lost, and all that still remains. It was just recently that Links had mad his way out onto the deck of the ship again to feel the breeze on his face, watch the sun set, and see the beauty in life. It was a life changing experience, being faced with certain death, even thinking he was dead, after the fight with the dragon. Links was ready to start anew.

Links marveled at the falls. It was a wondrous sight. All sorts of blues and greens mixed with the colors of the evening sky creating an artist's pallet of colors in the deadly waters.

As the longboats were being lowered, Links hadn't many words for the crew or the captain. He spoke to everyone, "I give ya me thanks. Ya took me in, we fought together, and we lost together..." Links paused a moment in remembrance of those who died, especially Scar. "Cap'n...I'm sorry for what happened ta Scarlet...I loved her too, and th' pain of losing someone like tha' is...almost unbearable. 'ad you not kept yer strength after what 'ad happened, I'd be going down with this ship right now. I just want ta thank ya for being a strong leader, an for savin' me life."

With those last words, Links would board an empty longboat, aiming to get to any town so that he may continue blacksmithing. He would try settling down now, making wares, locks, weapons, and telling his stories to anyone willing to listen. This man had seen a lot and been through a lot with this crew. He would live on to tell the tales of the Cutlass, Cap'n 9Lives, the most precious Scarlet, and the rowdy band of pirates that stole forbidden treasure and survived the curse of the Kaymens.

Should anyone visit the city of Cambridge, they would find Links in his smithy, "The Scarlet Cutlass," toiling away and carrying on his father's legacy. He would talk to you, sell you any of his wares, and he didn't care if you were a thief, liar, pirate, or thug. Links had been down that road, and he knows that even if you are no better than a beast, you still have the right to live.

9Lives was in another place now. Mentally, he had already gone over the falls and into the great beyond. His elbows were perched on the wheel as he stared into the horizon, where sky met water, where the oceanic falls lay. The air was still in the sky, but the ship moved, being sucked in by the vacuum created by the rushing waters.

Only a little further now.

The ship was alive with commotion as every longboat was dropped to the water below. Pirates scattered, clutching what small items they could carry and making an escape. Besides those in the captains ‘inner circle’ there was a general consensus that Ol’ 9Lives had lost it. Few stayed with him, but he was indifferent to his surroundings, and only answered with a slight nod to those offering him their final partings. Links, The princess Tabbitha, Amillio with his father in tote, Tradewind and Armand. In the distant cove of his own consciousness he hopped they would carry this story with them until their dying days.

They were the sole proprietors of the story now, and with them 9Lives would live on in memory.

Aside from Anabel, who 9Lives would be forever grateful by sharing her last breath with him aboard the ship, Lutz and Brutus stayed. The two loafing guards feared the falls, but feared life with out 9Lives even more. They upended a bottle of rum sitting side by side with the Captain.

Eben, the once handsome now disfigured Carpenter surprised everyone by valuing his miserable existence and hoisting down one of the first long boats to hit the water. It seemed that in the face of death he found his will to live.

Even in the end, hope isn't completely lost.

View attachment 7807With certain demise rushing
in, those that had left the ship sailed away and towards a new life. The Nautica’s Cutlass with not a drop of wind in her sails was now face to face with the Oceanic falls. They were like nothing any of them had ever seen. Massive, all-powerful and consuming. Beautiful in a grim sort of way.

The old wooden bow of the Cutlass touched the edge of the falls, but there was no drop. The sheer plunge that they all expected never happened, instead she slowly floated down, like a feather caught in the wind. A vortex opened up in the sky, sucking water and sky together into a furious kaleidoscope of color. Those still aboard the ship witnessed things no no living man ever would, a glimpse into another world.

Whatever happened next is something that cannot be put into words. A tale that goes beyond narration must end.

The Nautica's Cutlass and it’s faithful crew would live throughout history as the cursed ship that beat the odds and went over The Oceanic falls, survived only by a brave few who would live on to be legend.

And so the story ends....

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.