Galleon of the Black Mast [COMPLETED RP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Galleon of the Black Mast

Armand Stayed by the cannons, having the other cannoneers put caps on teh cannons to keep the loads ready. " If nothing comes in three days, we empty the cannons and save the powder from souring." he ordered them before leaving, clinking slightly on the metal stairs. his metal bottomed boots had slight spikes on them. a mettalurgists dream of iron and damascus skill. He grabbed a bottle of rum and bit off the cap, splashign some over the deck as he said a small latin prayer. presumably to those gone before him. he approached the captain, bowing his head slightly. "A thousand pardons, Capitan. for not being with you and the crew in your time of need. I woudl say i was scheming on a way to get you all out, but that would be a grievous lie. I should say i owe you one... again, Capitan." he said, nover bringing himself to looking nine lives straight in the eyes.

Tabitha smiled more and laughed a bit as she looked at Rhorie and nodded her head.

"I'll make sure to come find you if I ever need help, though if you don't see me for a few days please send out a search party, I'll probably be stuck in a box or something." She joked lightly.

When Eden approached her she made a move to stand and smiled a bit as she took his hand and shook it a bit, though it was a little awkward since she was unused to shaking hands and he wasn't sure about how to treat a former princess. She pulled back as he introduced himself and nodded her head a bit.

"It's nice to meet you, it was no problem really so don't worry about it...I'm not turely certain as to what I am to do on the ship, I mean I can only do so much...I'm good with money but 'm not sure the captain would let me near his treasure...Oh! I can also makes poisions so if that is needed I can provide it..." She said simply as she thought of any skill she might have.

"Oi! What's the news of the crow's nest? Any sign of them lily-livered wenches and swabbies?" No one batted an eye when, from a small girl clad in an emerald green long jacket from a uniform and a matching hat, these words were issued. The girl was half the size of some of the crew members and she looked delicate, like a child playing captain. The man in the crow's nest, though, leapt into the air and turned to face the girl.

"No sign yet, Cap'n. If they're heading south, then it seems we have a bit of a go on them, from where we were. We'll reach them soon."

The girl nodded and turned away from the crow's nest and moved back to the edge of the ship to look over the side. It had been almost six years since Kaija had seen Tabitha but the memory of their friendship was more enduring for her, enough so that when she'd heard the rumor about her friend being taken by pirates, she's dropped everything to go searching for her.

After being dismissed, set up for a fall, Kaija's father had taken to the seas with the last of his money having been used to buy a boat. The Swansong had once been a merchant ship, used to transport goods across the ocean but when Kaija was seventeen, the boat had come under attack by pirates. Kaija's father had been killed and she'd inherited only the ship from her father.

Kaija's ruthless temperament earned her a small crew with which to run her ship in the beginning but since, the Swansong had been known as a bane to merchants and pirates alike with one fascinating caveat - the captains of the pirate ships were frequently found dead while the merchant captains washed up on shore in little rowboats.

The ship that they had their sights on this time was the Cutlass.

View attachment 3778The jovial singing of drunken sailors and smell of rum permeated into the air above the Cutlass. Pirates cussed, drank and told tales longer than an eel into the night. Above the ship a bright moon shone, but the pirates' collective vision was blurred from the drink. It was indeed a time for great celebration and spirits were higher than the topsail that carried them to sun and warm waters.

9Lives, who had been drinking with Lutz and Brutus, stepped outside to the main deck, just in time to be approached by Armand. He listened as the Gunner spoke, with one eye cocked open and the other closed, typical drunk man's glare.

"Aye, M'lad" The captain called everyone M'lad once he got a few dozen belts in him "Aye, it is I who should be thanking you! Had the ship really been under siege that would have been a great benefit having you aboard" He put an arm around the Gunner, the smell of quality rum wafting from his mouth "It is time of great need that all of us must pull together, I deeply appraise your actions, M'lad" 9Lives was tanked and rambling.

Across the ocean, not far from where the Cutlass now made its determined journey south, was the Swansong. Not quite the size of the Galleon, she was able to pull up along side without detection as the look outs were passed out and the man assigned to the Crows nest was far more interested in his bottle of rum.

Everything was going better than even Kaija could have anticipated. The Cutlass's entire crew was celebrating, from what Tradewind could distinguish, which meant that the Swansong pulled alongside the Cutlass without being noticed by the crew. From her position, Tradewind motioned for her men to be silent and to not make their presence known if it was possible. Kaija wanted to get onboard, grab her friend, and then escape without them being aware of the ship's presence, making it easier for Kaija to escape.

Using a rope, Kaija pulled herself silently up along the side of the cutlass, only the little green hat and two bright eyes peered up over the side of the ship. Just as Kaija thought, most of the crew was very drunk. She pulled herself over the side of the ship, her feet hitting the deck with two soft thumps. If Tabs was a prisoner, Kaija thought, she would likely be below the deck.

Tradewind tried to sneak along the wall of the cabin to search for where the below-deck entry would be.

As the evening continued on and the drinks were poured, Tabitha made her way down below to rest. It was tiring to eascape from her kingdom just after having been prisoner on the Cutlass. She worked past it though and did her best to find a place to rest, having spoken with Rhorie and shown an empty room that had been left alone. It was a place she coud at least rest for the evening. She slipped out of the heavy parts of her armor and just wandered out into the hall to go back and join the others again, she wasn't that tired yet.

As she walked down the hall she thought she heard something soft. She moved a bit closer and looked around a corner to see that last thing she expected. Her friend Kaija! For a moment she paled as she realized that her friend had come to save her, she couldn't let herself be seen then! She quickly turned back around and ran back to her room, hoping that she wasn't found...again.

The celebration started. Drinks were passed about and consumed heartily, Amilio took the rum from Eben and had a good gulp. His guitar found it's way into his hands and he played a song and sang loudly. Amilio drank and cheered with his shipmates but there was still a serious feeling in his mind. There was something he had to address the Princess about.

Amilio set his guitar down in a safe place and looked around the deck. Not seeing her right away he started walking across the deck looking around for her. But he stopped, there was a tingling at the back of his neck. Amilio looked around again, this time looking hurriedly.

Why? Why the hell did he have to play host to some stowaway? If he had to spy on that she-devil why wouldn't the Captain just throw her over board? No instead she had to get a room. To make matters better it was declared that they would drink tonight. The only jobs that were to be preformed were the important ones i.e. Nero's.

Nero nodded to the Captain and his double meanings as he lead her to her quarters. They crossed the deck beside someone vomiting, oh he was going to stab someone. Clenching his teeth he carried on assuming that she was following. He left her in her room as he left to go get the clean sheets and some food. It was a good thing that Nero understood loyalty. Most people would have slit their little burdens throat in the night. In Nero's inner rantings he didn't pay attention to where he was going and ran into someone.

The clean sheets dropped to the floor and he glared. All Neros anger and frustration was sent to one little girl in a green hat with bright eyes and something about the way she moved put Nero on alarm. He didn't know her. In a matter of moments Nero had her arm twisted and pinned behind her back, with the front of her body pinned to the wall.

"Who are you?" Nero's soft voice dripped with venom and distrust. Already having to take care of one stowaway, Nero really did not care for another.

Kaija was surprised to have someone pin her against a wall and did not take well to it. Kaija lifted her leg and brought her heel sharply to the man's groin, her teeth bared as she whirled away, broadsword extended now towards the man. Kaija's stance was tense and she used her peripheral vision to inform her that no one else was in sight - yet.

"I'm Captain Tradewind and I'm here to rescue my princess" Kaija's eyes narrowed at the man before her and she considered briefly whether or not to kick him again. She had to admit that it was impressive that he hadn't hit the ground as soon as she brought all the force that she could muster slamming into very sensitive areas.

"I'll spare you if you tell me where they're holding her captive."

Deadeye had been rather quiet amongst the celebration and barely drank much of the rum. He was feeling too solemn and aggravated at the time to enjoy the rum even though they had escaped and even got the princess back but he really wanted that large sum of gold under his belt so that he would be able to buy new weapons. His old ones were starting to get dinged up and without a decent blacksmith on board there was nothing he could do to fix them. After humming to himself and petting his companion for a while he finally let it go and relaxed drinking more of the rum and then heading out onto the main deck to see his comrade and some woman pointing a sword at him. It took him a moment to think about the crew before he could remember she was not in it. In his mind he was trying to decipher if it was a stow away that he had pissed off or some secret enemy that snuck on board. Then again one person sneaking onto a ship full of pirates was suicide so he chalked it up to a stow away and walked over with his pistol secretly pulled.

"Aye there lassy why dont you put that ol' toy away and explain a lil bit before ya get yerself killed. After all yer on the Cutlass all alone and im sure your ship would love a few cannons in it if you started trouble. Then again i wouldn't mind a night of yer company to rest these sore muscles if ya catch mah drift."

Deadeye sneered a little bit and tried to act somewhat drunk even though he wasn't even buzzed, this was merely a way to try and keep her off guard in case she did attack him. While he waited for her reply he decided to lift his eyepatch so he could use both eyes and catch her full glory and try to print it into his mind.

Rhorie walked along the corridor, listening to the atmosphere abovedeck. Rowdy cheering, laughing and story-telling echoed down through the ship, and even the very hull creaked drunkenly about her. Grinning, and pleased to have set Tabitha - her mind veered off on a tangent for a moment, wondering exactly when she had got on first name terms with the Princess (or possibly ex-Princess) of Helsink, the strong spirits she had enjoyed earlier shortened her attention span and she had to stop and think exactly what she had been thinking about before... ah yes. Tabitha. Princess Tabitha. The Princess. Of Helsink. Daughter of the King. Snapping back, Rhorie remembered that she was happy she had furnished Tabitha with a room only two doors away from the carpentry workshop where she slept. Rhorie didn't really know why and she wasn't really in a state to ponder her motives, but she felt strangely protective over the Princess. She was sure that there were other people that would do a better job of protecting her that Rhorie, but she couldn't help herself.
Then, abruptly seized with a odd, paranoid feeling that she decided couldn't possibly be put down to just the copius amounts of alcohol she had drunk... and doubled back to Tabitha's new quarters, cutlass in hand.

Nero had gasped as a stinging pain erupted, but he didn't hit the ground, it just made him angry. A small growl released from his lips as Nero's body tensed. All it would take was a moment and him comrade gave that to him. The next few moments many things happened at once.

The stowaway did not know what events took place involving the princess, perhaps the news wasn't traveling as fast as they anticipated, or something bad was on the way with it. When his comrade said something with his pistol pulled Nero got his moment while the stowaway was spoken to, guns had a tendency to distract people.

In that moment he grabbed her wrist turning it, causing her grip on the sword to become slack and useless. In one connecting fluid movement Nero pulled the stowaway forward by her wrist and kneed her in the gut. The moment happened so fast it was like Nero was back home, Silver, ah Neros given name. The little wench. How much effort was wasted because of one slip of an overzealous girl. Nero took a step back and watched this stowaway fall to the floor.

"There is no Princess on board that wishes to be rescued." Neros voice was very soft but it still held all the rage his eyes did, directed at her.

This was not going as Kaija had planned and she was quite honestly furious about being punched in the gut. No way, though, did she become captain for nothing. From her vantage point crouched on the ground, Tradewind did not waste a minute. There was a man with a gun behind her and one who had been doing nothing but fighting with her in front.

Without warning, Kaija sprang upward and gave the man who had punched her a similar blow to the stomach. Before the second man could react, Kaija slid behind the first man, gripping his neck in her hands and using him as a shield. The pistol carried at Kaija's side was directed toward the man's neck.

"Don't underestimate me, you imbecile. I'm not Captain Tradewind for nothing. If you so much as touched a hair on my Tabby's head..."

After hiding away in her room, Tabitha started to get nervous. She wasn't worried about getting caught, she was worried about if her friend Kaija did. If kaija was found she would quickly be killed or worse...The majority of the ship was men after all. She paced her room slowly as she debated finding her friend once more and leading her off the ship for her own safety. If she did then her friend would either force her to go home or trick her into doing so, if she didn't then only god knows what would be done to her if the captain found out.

Just as she started to fight with herself she heard a it of commotion outside of her room. She walked over to her door quietly and pressed her ear to it to listen. It was Kaiji! It also seemed that a couple of the men had stumbled upon her while she was snooping...Damn! Now she was in real danger. Tabitha listened intently, not wanting to jump in just yet, she knew her friend was smart and if Kaija could get away on her own it would be for the better, it wouldn't be so painful to say goodbye. As time ticked away it seemed that she had worked herself out of trouble, but as soon as she heard the clicking of guns she knew that she had to jump in.

"Kajia stop!" She said as she burst open her door, looking over her friend with a worried expression.

Without even hesitating, Kaija dropped her hands and the pistol disappeared somewhere into her clothes. Tabitha's voice was like a beautiful melody to her and she wasted no time in completely abandoning the scuffle that she was in to run over to Tabitha's side, her face alight with a smile. She did not seem the rough and tumble tomboy when she smiled now, but instead a cheerfully bright girl.

"Oh, Tabby! It's been so long and then I heard that you were taken prisoner by these people and..." Kaija trailed off, her cheeks turning pink. It wasn't as if she was much better - her crew was just as motley as this one appeared to be, the only difference being that she was their captain. Suddenly, Kaija felt small compared to Tabitha.

"I mean.. I came to rescue you. B-but that's not my name. I'm called Tradewind now. So, my ship is here! Let's get going, before the rest of the crew sobers up."

Tabitha couldn'y help as she looked down at Kaija, it had been so long since she had seen her dear friend and it didn't seem like much had changed, save for the girls clothing and name. Her smile turned slowly into a frown however as Kajia tried to convince her to return back to Helsink and leave her pirates, apparently her father had decided to live her participation in the breakout a secert to the public. She shook her head a bit as she let out a sigh, looking into her dear friends eyes as she spoke.

"Kai-...Tradewind, I'm not going....I'm apart of this crew. I wasn't taken, I ran away. Ever since your father was discharged things have gone down hill in the castle, so down hill that I don't even have time to explain it all. Now you need to go before the rest of the crew realizes you're here. I may have power in Helsink but on this ship I'm just another member of the crew, my words might not be worth anything."

She then grabbed her friends arm and started to pull her the way up to the deck, certainly she'd be able to go unnoticed since everyone was obviously drunk. If Kaija could get on unseen then she could get off just as easily.

Amilio stumbled around the deck for a while then realized after his fourth circuit that the Princess might not be on deck and so headed for the stairs. And before he got all the way to the stairs he saw the Princess emerge from below with some other crew member who was quite small. Never mind, there was something important that needed to be said. Amilio stumbled toward the Princess, intercepting her and falling to one knee, wobbled, then made sure he had his balance. "¡Princesa! Usted ha ahorrado nuestras vidas del hacha de los verdugos. Mi vida. Estoy en su deuda mientras viva. Si hay cualquier favor usted necesidad de mí, princesa, la haré en mi honor como español y como hombre." Amilio kneeled there wobbled for a while until he realized he had been speaking in Spanish. "¡Ay! Dispénseme Princesa." Amilio cleared his throat and started over. "Princess, you has saved us from execution dis day. As long as I live I will owe you my life. Ask of my anything, any favor and I will do it. I swearz on mi honor as a Spaniard and a man." Amilio took one of the Princesses hands and kissed the back of it before giving it back to her. Amilio then looked at the little green crew member. "Hola senorita, I do not believe we haf met. *hic*"

Nero shook his head as this little wench did not know when to give up. He was about to make the next move when the Princess came to rescue her frightful little friend. Being a captain did mean anything, she had money and that's how she got her crew. The smell of her perfume was offensive. Nero felt her hand shaking as she held the barrel to his neck. Nero was not worried Princess number two, did not know how to kill.

Nero laughed softly, almost unable to even be heard. "I told you there was no princess that wanted to be saved here." Nero had started talking again but it trailed off thanks to the drunken ramblings of Amilio. That bastard was going to be taken for all he was worth with his statement. Nero had a feeling that she would ask for her friend to be saved. Bleeding hearts in this world got you nowhere but used.

Leaning against the wall Nero waited to see what would befall this situation and the heroic tale that would soon follow. There were no heroes among Pirates. Nobody actually saved anyone. What would Amilio do? Fucking drunks.

A wonderful, glorious day this way. Indeed, a day worth celebrating. There was one pirate in particular who did not take part of the merriment, though. Lydia, more often called Scarlet, refused to swallow a single drop of rum. Even at the Captain's command, she'd have to disobey! There needed to be at least one sober mind surveying the ship. Sometimes, the poor woman was much too responsible. Nobody could remember the last time she had any fun.

The first mate walked with a professional looking posture, her arms behind her back and her head held high. By the look on her face, she was not amused. Drinking oneself silly was never an interest of hers. Well, not anymore, anyway. Once upon a time, she was quite the party animal. Nowadays, she had no need or desire for that.

Scowls were made to the drunks who did not step out of her path; polite nods of her head were made to the drunks who smartly moved aside. There was a faint smile on her lips, later on. All of this celebrating brought back fond memories of her younger days. By now, she couldn't even remember her age, or her own birthday. It was never celebrated or recorded. She knew for a fact that the spirit of her youth was dead now. A not-so-normal characteristic, she knew, since many pirates stayed juvenile for a lifetime. Somewhere along the way, she just lost that particular happiness...

Something alarming interrupted her moment of reflection.

Another ship, parked much too close to their own. Scarlet made a crooked frown while looking around the ship, just to reassure herself that none of the lookouts noticed this. They weren't under attack... Something else was amiss. No matter how big or how small the situation, she doubted anyone would be clear headed enough to help her. "Pah. I'll take care've this meself," she said under her breath.

Scarlet continued her walk, still calm and stoic as she was before. Something else did catch her eye up ahead. The cabin boy, the Spanish musician, that man with his monkey and... Someone she did not recognize, talking with the pretty little princess. Her suspicious rose, then. Either they were plotting something terrible or that girl, who looked no older than the princess herself, was on a rescue mission. Perhaps both?

The shadow of Scarlet was tall and intimidating as she showed up next to Tabitha and Kaija. A pretentious smile stretched across her face as she leaned closer to their levels, then she made the sound of her throat clearing.

"Well, well! What've we got here? Decided ta invite a little playmate to our party, Missy Tabitha? How exciting."

Scarlet straightened herself up again and adjusted the hat on her head while doing so. "Oh, ye must meet our dear Captain," she said directly to Kaija, hooking a thumb into the belt around her waist. The other hand made a gesture for the girl to follow her, while her eyes glared at Tabitha and Amilio. She did not want anyone following them, especially if someone was going to defend the innocence of this intruder. 9 Lives did not need to be bothered by such foolishness. Besides, Scarlet was interested in seeing how well Kaija could handle herself. If she needed the protection of others just to state her reason for being here, she'd already be on Scarlet's hate-list.

"I'll take ye ta ol' 9 Lives an' he'll decide yer fate. 'Tis that, or be thrown 'n the brig. Yer choice, little missy." During her last few words, the thumb on her belt pulled her pistol from its holster. She did nothing but admire it, but had every intention of using it if she was given any trouble.

As far as Kaija was concerned, her whole world froze with Tabby's words and she had trouble registering the drunken Spanish man who appeared before them. Everything that Kaija had been thinking, all of her noblest intentions and thoughts were shattered by Tabitha. Kaija gripped Tabby's hand, a silent apology for the unnoticed misdeeds in the place of her birth and not being quicker in her rescue of her friend.

Before anything more could be said, though, a buxom redhead appeared in front of the girls and proceeded to talk down to Kaija, which stoked a little spark of temper. "Tabitha! I'll protect you from now on. I have a ship, too, you know. Not as large as this one, but you'll be with me. I swear that I'll not abandon you again." These words were directed toward the princes, ignoring the redhead briefly.

Finally, Kaija turned to the redhead. "I'll talk to him myself if you take me. And it's not missy anything, thank you grandmother. The name is Captain Tradewind. I'll have this matter sorted out quick as a wick." Kaja grinned sweetly to Scarlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.