Galleon of the Black Mast [COMPLETED RP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Galleon of the Black Mast

Sinead had been having a stretch of bad luck lately, barely making a living performing petty acts of burglary. Luckily for her, Helsink was rather ripe for the plucking on land. Most people had seemingly been worried about pirates that the buxom red-head had no issues skirting around inside people's homes and lifting a few objects worth some money and helped herself to some tasty food and slipping out relatively unseen. She'd even found herself checking out a few of the ships down at the docks but those were usually a bit better guarded.

Tonight seemed like she would get a better chance at one of the fancier ships she'd seen docked. From what she saw she assumed that it belonged to pirates, and a motley crew at that. As she stole aboard her hands feathered over her cutlass and short sword. She was prepared to have to fight her way out, or well, if they were pirates she was sure there were other ways to get out of that tricky situation.

"An 'ere I tot dat tis would be a 'ard ting." She smiled as she stole aboard when she thought that nobody was aboard. Quickly she found her way through the door into the lower decks and instantly started hunting around for the Captain's Quarters, surely there would be some good loot in there!

Tabitha sat before her father quietly, her expression plain as she looked at him. She had known that he would have tried to pull something but she didn't know he would do it on such a massive scale. 200 men just to go after a few pirates? She would have shaken her head if she were not trying to look angry at the king. She was full of mixed feelings at the moment, surprise, anger, even guilt. Now she would have the deaths of those pirates on her shoulders, even though they were not the most hold people they did not deserved to be killed after being tricked so badly, that deserved bettr deaths than that.

As her father rambled she would glance around the throne room, noting that there had been a few new additions to the collection of furs and gold. Just then, a plan came to her head as she turned to her father, bowing in her bowing in her seat a bit.

"Father, I am sorry for running away...In truth I was nervous about being married to the Prince since I never met him at all. I thought he would be like that Duke of Winnpeak that you had to behead for touching me...I fear that I would be a disappointment and that they would cancel the wedding making so that we couldn't form the treaty...I know you are angry and what I did was wrong but please understand that I never wanted to disappoint you, I just thought you would have a better change with a treaty if you didn't have to marry someone like me off." She said sweetly, the usually cocky tone that she had turning into that of an innocent girls, shy and up set.

To finish up with a bit of flare she began to cry, aligator tears slipping down her cheeks as she looked to her father.

"I-I also feared you would kill the prince off before the wedding, like you did with the last three father...I know you're very protective of me but If I don't marry soon then I'll be...I'll be an old maid! I wanted to stay away because I thought that you wouldn't hurt him if I wasn't close by~" She sodded loudly, making sure to play the guilt card heavily by reminding him of the power hungry killings he did.

This continued on for awhile longer before the king dismissed his daughter, the princess having done will with her preformance and gotten him to go light on her punishment. She then went to her room and laid on her bed, pretending to sleep until the guards left her be. Once they were gone she hopped out of bed and ran to her armoire, pulling out the bottom to reviel a hidden cubby, holding what seemed to be a version of Helsinks armor. She was not going to simply maryr a man just so her father could slaughter him later. His claims of protecting her life were all lies and she knew it. All he wanted was more power and land and she had been used to bring it to him. But no more! She would not stand for this any longer! With a bit of shuffling and changing the princess was dressed, the mix of chainmail, fur, and metal armor hiding her figure quite well. She cleaned her face of her make up, showing pure white skin, and tied her hair back before slipping on the face covering helmet.

If anyone looked at her they would assume her to be another young man who just joined, tiny but determined in most cases. She then started to pack up a heavy sack, putting in her simplest clothing and a few other items that she would need later on. She was going to run away...again. However this time she was going to do it porperly. She would not hold onto the Helsink clothing for long, she would sell it and buy new ones once she could afford them. Now was not the timeto be planning a new wardrobe though...She had a key to find. She slipped out of her room with little trouble, it seem the guards had left their posts by her door. She slipped down the halls quickly and quietly, walking confidently as she passed other guards. She was almost caught once but luckily she was able to avoid speaking as the older guard dominated the conversation.

Finally she approached the dungeon, the guard by the door having fallen asleep. On his belt was the keys to the cells which she needed to get. She set her bag to to side and slowly approched the sleeping guard, making sure to take her time as she made a move to steal the keys. She tugged on them gently as she kept her eyes on the sleeping man, holding onto the lose keys to keep them quiet. The guard gave a loud snort at one point before falling back asleep, the princess nearly having a heart attack as she thought she was caught. With one last pull the keys were free, allowing her to make her way deeper into the dungeon. Now all she had to do was find which cell had the crew...

Reactions: 1 person

A strangely disembodied spanish accent voice rattled through the hallway that bore the captains quarters door at its far end.

"ANd just what do ju think you are doing?" came the whispery voice through the corridors filled with nightfall and sea-mist.

At the far end of the hallway, she woudl have swore she had just seen a tall caped figure with fire for hair slip into the door... LITERALLY into the door tot he captains quarters.

"Turn back... there is nothing here for you but death..."

Inside the ship there was a strangely easily misplaced cannoneer and alchemist of all things explody by the name of Armand. his last name was not on the ships manifest. but his first was, and probably easily overlooked on paper. his curse made him sleep during the daylight. nobody thought to check the strange rectangular crate in the hold marked with the sigils and glyphs.

Red's hands flicked over her blades again when she heard the voice calling out to her. No, this wasn't the time to fight, she'd just have to find her way back out of the ship, which apparently wasn't as deserted as she thought. If one person was here surely there would be a few more and she didn't have the time, nor skill to escape a crew.

"Ó, Tá brón orm Shíl mé go raibh an long folamh, beidh mé díreach tar éis a bheith ag dul anois." She rattled off, "Me tink I'll be takin' me leave now..." She called out in her lilting accent to where she had thought she'd seen a man heading into the Captain's quarters. She quickly turned on her heel and heading back the way she came, quickly finding herself back out on the upper deck, now all she had to do was to find a place to hide from not only the crew that was still aboard but the ones that would no doubt make their return soon. As she wondered what became of them she found her way up by the wheel and a grin crossed her face, she found an empty barrel that she could hide in, but then how would she steal anything if the other pirates returned.

We guess dat te only option is te being goan back to te cap'in's quarters. She thought as she turned back and decided to face the man she had seen earlier, drawing her pistol and heading back down, ready to fight should she need to.

Eben sat with his back against the wall. There were no windows and the dungeon had one hell of a draft, which would have been fine if the Helsink prison guards hadn't stripped him of his winter jacket, those rat bastards, he thought as he tried his best to keep warm. Although it was painfully apparent that they might die, Eben wasn't overly worried. Maybe it was due to the fact that the realization hadn't hit him yet, or maybe it was because his life as a pirate had taught him to deal with death so often that he was numb to it. For whatever reason he was more concerned with shivering off the cold than dying. He glanced over at the Captain, who seemed to be just coming to after being knocked out.

Captain Claudius 9Lives had been in jail before. He had spent several nights in the stockade during his time serving in the army, mostly for public drunkenness and questioning authority, two things he was very good at. However, waiting to be executed was a first for him. His head, where the soldier of Helsink had clubbed him, felt swollen and numb, at least the Icy conditions were good for something. He sat up, feeling a the steady beat of his pulse send painful, dull throbs through his skull. The situation looked bleak indeed. He looked to each of the faces of his crew, but said nothing. For the moment 9Lives was speechless. As commander and chief, he felt like he had let them all down and would burn in the fires of hell with each one of their deaths on his mind.

The sounds of foot steps approached. Could it already be dawn? Was this the prison guard bringing them a last meal? No, it couldn't be. Only several hours had past and they were set to die at dawn. As the jingle of keys was heard, 9lives stiffened up, expecting to see several armed guards, but instead he saw only one. And although this person was dressed in Helsink solider garb, he recognized it at once to be.

Tabitha, the princess of Helsink.

9lives looked at the young princess with a mix of astonishment and amazement. If it didn't go without saying, she would no doubt have a home aboard the Cutlass, if they ever made it our of here alive.

"I owe you my life…"

was all 9Lives got out before he was interrupted by the sound of rushing footsteps.

Just as fast as the feeling of hope exploded into the crew's collective chests, it was shot down by the realization that they were unarmed.

Tabitha smiled a bit at the captains words, the feeling that she did the right thing filling her chest. it had been a hard choice to make but she knew she could never live with herself if she let all these people die because her father was a horrible killer. The sound of coming footsteps brought her from her small bit of happiness as the pirates were unarmed and she herself had nothing but a knife. She would have to think quickly. She looked around quickly before she grabbed a nearby chain, motioning to the pirates to stay silent and not move as hse unlocked thew door but left it closed. She then turned set the chain up in a loop but had the end lead into the empty cell, offically setting her simple trap before she moved into the shadow to wait and hide.

The gate was open. Amilio didn't notice the guard until he heard the metallic creak of the gate and looked up and then the hairs on the back of his neck stood up. He looked to the side and heard the pounding of boots and a shout from the guards. Amilio's face twisted up as he imagined the face of the guard that took his blades, his grubby hands disrespecting the blades with his clumsy touch. A torrential whirlwind in the form of an angry small Spaniard burst from the cell.

A stabbing sword coming at his face, Amilio spun around the blade grabbing the arm holding onto it and flung the guard into the others. The sword was in his hand a familiar glint from the back of the group caused him to bare his teeth and fly forward. Blood flew and spattered the walls, swords dropped and he kicked them backwards toward the cell for his comrades. Amilio jumped and dove, spun and sliced, carving his way through the guards until he saw that familiar glint once more. Five guards remained at the end of the hallway just before the stairs, and that bastard with his swords was among them. With a jump forward Amilio drew them into an attack and he flowed around them like the wind and moved the blades around the armor into the openings and cut them down and stood in front of the man with his blades. He stood there, shaking and sweating, eyeballing the stairs. Amilio pointed his borrowed sword at the guard. The guard yelped and ran full tilt for the stairs almost falling off balance in his haste to escape the wrath of el Torrente but he wasn't fast enough to avoid the sword that whizzed through the air and sliced straight through his calf. With a cry of pain the man fell to the ground and looked up to see Amilio flying down at him, blade raised. He cried out but no blade fell. Opening his eyes when he felt hands on his body. The Spaniard had his own blades in his hands once more. He had a look in his eye that made guard cry out but the cry didn't ring as it was cut from his throat.

Amilio straightened up and turned around when he heard steel sliding across stone and saw one of his crew mates picking up a sword. There were looks of astonishment. Amilio himself was surprised that all his crew mates were still at the far end of the hall with mutilated bodies covering the gap between them. The sound of more booted feet pounding on stones snapped Amilio back into battle mode and suddenly the pathway they took here was brought back to his mind. His blades were out and he flew up the stairs and down passageways, his comrades following behind him. After all the commotion, blades, and blood, Amilio was breathing heavily and looking out at the ocean from the shore. He looked back at all his comrades, including the Princess. Then the crew ran on deck and got the ship sailing as fast as possible.

Nero sat there in the corner, beside Eben, of the small dank cell with the rest of the small crew that went to deliver the princess. Everything had happened so fast. There was no time or warning. He doubted that the princess knew of this plan but it would still be her fault! He kept his knees to his chest and stayed as small as he could in hopes of keeping warm.

He was so angry about losing his trusted jacket and sword that he kept grinding his teeth. Those bastards gloated at everyone as they took their items. All he needed was his hands to choke the life outta' him but that would never be enough. This was all her fault! Why couldn't she be smarter about running away?! They almost got his shirt off but he did manage to get enough good hits in that the guards only worried about getting Nero captured.

He looked up as she made her way to the cell. She came to save them? It was almost laughable over the fact that they were returning her to a place that she didn't want to be. Nero felt for the princess he really did but she needed a better set of skills if she was really planning on leaving her line forever. His hands dropped to his sides as Nero sat up on the balls of his feet ready for action when he heard the footsteps echoing down the hall and the princess set her trap.

Foot steps of many soldiers echoed down the halls of the Helsink dungeon, Eben watched as the scene played out. The Princess, showing cunning ambition, was successful in catching the first few in her clever trap while the crew began to stir and stand to their feet with the possibility of escape. Eben watched as his fellow carpenter, Amilio, seemingly in some sort of hate fueled rage fought with the heart and bravery of one hundred men. It was like watching a wild caged animal attack it's abusing masters after years of being locked up; Brutal and relentless.

Eben stooped as Amilio kicked a sword to the back of the cell, and tried his best to aid his crewmate, but it seemed, as Amilio cut through the guards, that he really needed no help at all. Instead he followed the trail of bodies that Amilio left back to the shore and to the Long boats, from this point it was only a short ways to the Cutlass, and more than that, to safty. Behind them, it appeared that the guards of Helsink were drawing back. Apparently Amilios display of destruction had frightened them. Eben didn't blame them, if he had been them he would have no doubt been frightened too.

View attachment 3638

And in the dead of night, under the blackened northern sky, the crew of The Nautica's Cutlass made their escape. This tale of heroism would be told in years to come with great pride. Even years after the last pirate of the Cutlass took his or her last breath, it would be re-told and thus become legend among seafaring folk.

Luck proved to be on the side of Ol' 9Lives today. As a mighty north wind blew, their departure from the icy northern land would be swift and immediate. As soon as all the men were on board, and the long boats were hoisted up, 9Lives began yelling commands at the crew. He addressed no one individually, but instead the entirety of the Cutlass'. The crew scurried in the pitch black darkness of the northern night to get the ship out to sea.

"Up The ropes! Lift the sails. Someone get in that damn Eagles nest! I want three men on the wheel! I want all the guns armed and ready! ALL HANDS ON DECK, I SAY, ALL HANDS!"

Although they were not anywhere near firing distance, the captain wanted all the guns armed and ready. Just in case they were followed.

His words, deep and mighty, swam through the air and into the ears of everyman, women and cabin boy on board. They must make haste. For now they were all, no doubt, wanted men. Wanted not only for escaping execution at the hands of the vicious King Esmeralda, but also for Kidnapping the Princess. From this moment on they would all be bound by these crimes, the feeling of unity was strong for every soul on board.

9Lives turned and headed to his quarters. He wanted to be at the wheel in this most crucial of times, but He also liked to see that his crew's dedication rested with the ship, so he let them handle everything. He glanced up at the top deck and saw that she was aimed south, towards warm waters and new beginnings.

Before the Captain got to his Quarters he stopped and turned to the Cabin boy he was most fond of, Nero.

"My Lad, would you be so kind as to bring me a bottle of the reserve rum from below deck? My own supply has run painfully low and I be needin' a drink after tonight."

The Captain paused

"Also, I am proud of your bravery in the face of death, a lot of boys your age would have been crying for their mothers."

He patted the delicately featured Cabin boy on the back.

When the Captain first stepped into the outer hall leading to his quarters he noticed two things. One, his faithful guards, Brutus and Lutz were absent, no doubt helping with the rigging and such, and then, and this was by far more strange, was one of the head gunners, Armand.

"What are you doing down here?"

9Lives questioned, but pried no further when he saw the worried expression on Armand's face.

9Lives placed his arm across the Spanish Gunners chest and drew his weapon, a small belly gun, and proceeded into his quarters. He slowly opened the large oak door and almost fell backwards at a very familiar head of striking red hair.

"My gods, is it so? Were ye planin' on robbing me, m'dear?"

The Captain recognized it immediately to be someone who he had nearly forgotten about. A girl, whos fair skin and red hair he would never forget.

Once upon a time, when the Captain was just a rigger upon another ship, the band of of Pirates he ran with had taken a young girl captive. While 9Lives was in his late twenties, and her just a child, his relationship to her was that of an older brother. Needless to say they were both family-less and lonely and developed a sort of bond.

It had been years since he had seen her, and he wondered, for a fleeting moment, if she had any idea who she was pillaging? The captain narrowed his eyes at the women, who he had heard more than his fair share of stories about during his years at sea after they parted company. Some told tales of a Cutthroat, an adventurer or a treasure hunter, but they all ended the same way: With the lovely young lady, Known as Sinéad O'Máire,
or The red Jane, taking her unsuspecting victims, time and time again, for all they were worth.

He spoke again, but didn't drop his eye's or his weapon.

"And if ye knew you were robbing me, would a nice swim in the cold waters this evening be in order?"

Armand shook his head with a wry smile. a smile only showign after his captain walked into the room. Armand Had not been there seconds before when the thief trespassed.
"Aye, capitan." he chuckled, running full bore to the cannons. "ALrighty, then, boys, use half the powder on the soouthside, keep their highpoints covered, TEAR THOSE PORTGUN DOCK TO SHREDS!" he ordered with his shimmering accent droning deep and echoless.
"Get some mast-shots ready to the portside for their persuit ships, scuttle their ships before they even get a chance, LETS GIVE HELSINK A FAREWELL THEY'll never forget!" he pronounced with renewed vigor, and a maddening bellow of laughter that woudl shake the hearts of the less acustomed crewmates.

Deadeye had been looking around himself the entire time they were in the cell. There had been nothing to do but whistle quietly and wish that they would get out of it safely. He still regretted his guts about the ambush that was all too common. Especially since they were pirates. The cliffs and terrain around had only screamed ambush and he was right. They were captured and taken to this godforsaken cell. It had seemed like ages before footsteps were heard. His expectations were that they were about to die but he knew better, it had not even been close to daybreak so it must have been something else. As the princess revealed her face he only smiled and walked out of the cell after his crewmates had dispatched most of the guards.

As they were running out of Helsink he could only imagine the hell that would be brought upon them when the kingdom finally started to chase but he only shoved it to the back of his head. Once he boarded the ship he could only hear the faint yelling of the captain as he practically flew down the stairs into the cannon room. Before anyone could even say a word to him he immediately armed the big guns and got them ready to fire on the kingdom. Once loaded he shouted out in a merciless frenzy mocking the whole kingdom.

"I DARE YOU YELLOW BASTARDS TO COME AFTER US ILL SINK YOU ALL AHAHAHAHAH!"

Tabitha felt so out of place, after taking out the guards and basically running through all that snow she was far more tired than she had ever been. She had to admit that the whole fleeing bit was a blur to her, she only remembered stepping out of the castle, the rest a mass of blood and falling bodies thanks to the spaniard that was in the front, she would have to make sure that she befriended him right away for he would not be a good enemy to have. With her bag slung on her shoulder and her armor weighing her down she could only stand and watch the crew get them as far from Helsink as possible, only having spent her time in a cell and having no former knowledge of this as a princess. She couldn't help but wonder what her place would be on the ship, would they dump her off at the closet southern island or would that offer a place to stay, whatever the case was she was glad that she was free and that she had saved the crew, even if their former crimes were deserving of a hanging.

Armand smirked a few minutes of being poised for war later. he had expected something instantly to happen. patience was not his strong suite when he cannons were ready and the fuse torches lite. He glanced around at the other bilgerats and then caught deadeyes... well, eye.

"I smell blood on ye." he said simply. no one certain emotion showed on his perfect face. he would return anythign said to him with that same emotionless, yet strangely accusing stare of mute approval.

Red spun around and held her pistol out to aim at the voice that came from behind her. When she saw the face of the man, presumably captain, she couldn't help but laugh and put her pistol back away. "Aye, if we knew t'was you we would've gone te te diff'rent area te find ye goods. We know ye keep your valuables un'er lock an' key." She smiled, looking over the captian's form. "Ye've gotten a bit old!" she chuckled, letting her hand rest on her sword, knowing that he might not be as forgiving as she was hoping.

"So, let me guess, ye be needin' an extra bit o' help round here? Well, we accept at least until we find our own ship." She smiled, and extended her hand as an offer of friendship and her willingness to work for 9lives, her old friend.

Rhorie smiled. A small smile, but a smile none the less. She had managed to retrieve her altered cutlass back from those betraying Helsink bastards and that was enough to bring a smile to her face. It disappeared everytime she thought of exactly how close her brush with death had been, however. She had survived fairly easily before and on the Cutlass, and thoughts of her own mortality had been relatively few. Now she had a greater understanding: she was but skin and bone, with some muscle and spirit holding her together. A single swipe of a sword - or executioner's blade - would end her existance. It was an odd feeling, to say the least, but she was alive and she had her trusty cutlass, so she was in pretty high spirits, not to mention the rush that was only just draining from the action-packed breakout from Helsink.
Talking of that double-crossing place, she could have sworn she had seen a guard in the corner of her eye. She was a little too close to being on edge to dismiss it as imagination, so she spun round, hand dropping instinctively to the hilt of her weapon. Sure enough, a young guard - she could tell he was young due to his narrow shoulders and his sheer lack of bulk, and his armour gave away the fact he was a guard of Helsink - sat almost resignedly on the deck. Rhorie frowned deeply, wondering why on earth there was an armed and armoured soldier of the betraying king on the Cutlass. Why wasn't he dead?
Then suddenly he looked upward and Rhorie twigged immediately at the pale, sharp-boned face. The Princess! Of course! Suddenly a rush of memory had Rhorie seeing the Princess setting a trap for the guards of her own Kingdom, and she grinned. This betrayal of the betrayers was the making of excellent pirate material. Taking a deep breath and intending to be as friendly as possible, the apprentice carpenter walked over to the Royal.
"You look tired," she remarked softly, catching the Princess' attention. "Not that I'm surprised: you did a good job of laying that trap for the guards back there. We're all very grateful to you," Rhorie moved to sit down next to the young girl who was around her own age, she realised. Perhaps she would be a good friend to have, if the Captain let her have a permanent place on the Cutlass.

Nero had nodded and turned to got get the reserve bottle he was asked to but he was stopped. He blinked up at the Captain not expecting to hear a compliment. He was dumbfounded but didn't let the expression show in his face. " I was not raised a coward like the rest of them." It was the first full sentence he had spoken, his voice was soft and almost delicate sounding. Most people just assumed he didn't talk because of it.

He nodded to the captain as he left a moment later to complete his task. Nero did not favor the other cabin boys because they were just that, boys. They didn't know any better and acted more like skittish girls. He was also older then most cabin boys were. But nobody really noticed because he was small for his age. Something about know it all lazy teenagers set his blood on fire. Shaking his head Nero ran his fingers through his hair before he tightened his beloved jacket and curled his hand around his sword. They had almost caught him. Nero would have to be more alert from now on.

He licked his dry lips as her grabbed the Captains favorite bottle and sighed as knew that the his warning of it being low on stock had escaped the Captains attention. He never was one for the details, he would have to mention it if they didn't dock soon. Rubbing his too thick eyelashes Nero shook his head as he left to go back upstairs. It was a maze of pirates armed and at the ready. They were going to make a mess, it always happened when there was some great victory. The victory of escaping and having another outlaw status would no doubt turn into a celebration and he would have to be the one to clean it up. Oh the perks of being a cabin boy were astounding.

Dredging his way through the mass of pirates Nero walked into the quarters and stopped as he eyed the Captains visitor. He eyes the woman as he closed the door and looked at the Captain waiting to know what he should be doing. Should he draw his sword or pull out something for her to drink.

Tabitha blinked a bit as she heard someone speak to her and looked up to see a young girl, most likely close to her in age. She remembered her from when she had been in her cell, she had been one of the pirates to slip below the deck and speak with the captain who had been there as well. She smiled a bit as she thanked her turned to looked over the busy deck as she spoke.

"Heh, You're right, I am tired...I'm not exactly built for taking down trained guards, in fact my trap was a last minute put together so I wasn't even sure if it would work...Thank God that is did though, or the whole crew would have been beheaded by mid day and I would have been married to a man I never met...And you're welcome, It would be a shame to see such a crew as this to be taken out by someone like my father, you people deserve more noble deaths than that...Not that I'm saying you should die." She retorted lightly before she looked back to the girl. "Pardon me, I must sound like a fool...This is the first time I've been on a pirate ship and not in a cell while aboard it...It's very different..." She said softly.

"Heh, You're right, I am tired...I'm not exactly built for taking down trained guards, in fact my trap was a last minute put together so I wasn't even sure if it would work...Thank God that is did though, or the whole crew would have been beheaded by mid day and I would have been married to a man I never met...And you're welcome, It would be a shame to see such a crew as this to be taken out by someone like my father, you people deserve more noble deaths than that...Not that I'm saying you should die." Rhorie listened quietly to Tabitha's little speech, giving the girl time to voice her thoughts. Suddenly the Princess blushed sheepishly.
"Pardon me, I must sound like a fool...This is the first time I've been on a pirate ship and not in a cell while aboard it...It's very different..." Rhorie let out a light laugh, helping Tabitha to relax. She remembered when she had first stepped aboard the Cutlass - it had been a flurry of activity full of murderous, conniving cutthroats. She had loved every minute. She still did.
"You're entitled to your fair share of bewilderment. The Cutlass is magnificent, and so is it's crew. Due to the, ah, circumstances, you may need more time than usual to get used to that. But you will, in time. I promise." Rhorie hoped she sounded sincere. She wanted to help the girl while she still could, before ship repairs dominated her days as they surely would after the pirate attack from a few days earlier. Hesitantly, Rhorie placed a hand on the other girl's shoulder, reassuring. "Listen. If there's anytime you need a friend, a comrade, feel free to come find me. I'll most likely be in the carpentry quarters. I know you don't know where that is now, but half the fun is finding your way around this lump o' wood, eh?" Rhorie grinned, hoping she offered a refuge for the girl from the somewhat grueling pirate life she was to be immersed in to.

The brief stand off between 9Lives and Red, which honestly could have gone either way, ended without incident as she cracked a smile at the old captain.

"Aye, every five years at sea equals ten on land, my dear. You know that!"

He threw his head back and laughed, dropping the hand that held the belly gun to his side. The gold teeth that lined his mouth sparkled in the bright afternoons sun. And although the day was cold enough to freeze the nipples off a witch, inside the captain's quarters the air had become suddenly warm and inviting.

Captain Claudius 9lives saw at once that Red was as smooth and cunning as ever, not to mention had blossomed into a beautiful young lady. He recalled that she had always been smart as a whip, and equally sly, so he decided to tread with quiet caution until he was positive about her intentions.
"Indeed. I would love to have ye aboard. I could use a hand keeping some of these scurvy dogs in line. I'll provide three hots and a cot here, plus you can keep whatever you steal..."

he paused for a minute, a humorous twinkle in his eye
"....when we go pillaging that is"

He laughed again, this time loud enough to wake a man in a rum induced coma.

When the Cabin boy, Nero, returned with the booze. 9Lives placed his hand on the youths back.

"Nero, this be a close acquaintance of mine. She'll be tagging' along for a bit, and I want you to personally see she has everything she needs while she is a guest with us."

The captain, as sly as ever had just killed two birds with one stone. He had assigned Nero to be Red's unofficial cabin boy, and he had also assigned Nero to be His unofficial spy, just in case his red headed friend had any tricks up her sleeve.

"Nero, get the boatswains quarters ready!"

He turned back to Red, while cracking the bottle of Caribbean rum

"Our last boatswain died recently, but lucky for you his room is available"

9Lives pored them each a healthy glass then toasted her

"To old friendships and new found allies"

In the outer chambers of the Captains quarters, where the two hulking guards, Brutus and Lutz, kept an ever present watch, a voice was heard.

"I'll drink to that"

Lutz, no doubt, listening in, but forgetting that he wasn't supposed to respond when he was eavesdropping.

View attachment 3733The Nautica's cutlass pushed south, her sails full with an unseasonal northern wind, and while the air was still nippy, it was getting warmer by the minute. Helsink faded into the distance and After a near brush with death, celebration was in order. The collective feeling aboard the ship was one of joyousness and pride.

And if celebrating a near miss with death wasn't enough, they had two new members aboard the ship too.

9Lives walked out onto the main deck, the wind had picked up, but not in an unpleasant way, as he spoke.

"My faithful crew!"

he removed his hat

"My hat is off to all of you, extra portions of rum for all! Only the most necessary of duties need be bothered with! We drink until the sky is blue and the waters clear and warm!"

With that, 9Lives upended the bottle of rum before handing it to a near by member of the crew

"Tap the barrels of ale! Crack the bottles, tonight we feast and celebrate!"

Below decks the cooks were already preparing a meal that would feed an army.

View attachment 3732Eden was slightly surprised when 9Lives handed him the bottle. It was a gesture made, Eben knew, because he was the closest to where the captain happened to be standing, but still it felt rewarding. Since Cybele had filled his own flask the night before, he hadn't had so much as a sip. He examined the contents as his fellow Pirates sang and drank bottles of their own, it was half full. He took a healthy swallow then handed it to Amilio who stood to his right.

"Here, you deserve this more than I, my friend."

He then noticed Rohie talking to the princess near by.

"I think' it be time we introduce ourselves to the 'new addition of the crew'." Said Eben, nudging Amilio.

He wasn't sure if he should bow to her or something, so instead he awkwardly extended his hand.

" I am Eben and this is the fellow who helped get us out of the prison cell, Amilio."

Said Eben, cocking a thumb back at his fellow Carpenter.

" We appreciate what you did for us. By the way, what exactly will you be doing aboard the ship?"

Eben had been curious about this, since she was royalty and all he wasn't sure how her skills would mesh with the seafaring lifestyle.

After they had sailed slightly further away and heard someone speaking to him he relaxed and turned to the person who had apparently been Armand. He seemed to be mocking him slightly about his stench when he noticed all the blood on his clothes and body. He chalked it up to battling his way through to the ship and merely shrugged his shoulders.

"Well Armand. Me and the crew desperately fought our way through a whole kingdom. I was bound to reek of blood in the slightest sense. If you dont like it then shove off before i decide to reek more like blood." Deadeye sneered slightly and walked off not in the most friendly of moods at the moment nor in a mood for joking around. As he walked back up to the main deck he could see people talking to the princess and the captain letting out another announcement. He merely shrugged it off and went to get new clothes on knowing that he needed to wash his current set. Once he was done putting the new clothes on his comrade monkey had rested on his shoulders having been asleep most of the time or otherwise walking around alone while he was gone.

"Well buddy nothing to do but join in on the celebration and drink i guess. How do you like that huh? You can have some as well." Deadeye pet his companion gently as it let out an awkward purring noise and nuzzled against his neck before stealing his eyepatch and wearing it on itself making Deadeye laugh a bit. "Alright lets go get tanked mah furry lil friend."

Status
Not open for further replies.