Galatica: Reclemation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalya watched as Rivrin raced off towards Vovk to check on the new ship and gave a small shrug. The elevators didn't bother her as much as it did with Rivrin as she waited for the door to open. The sliding door made a sharp, protesting sound that made Natalya's ears pop and the hair on the back of her neck to stand on end. She pressed a button on the pad once she was inside the circular compartment, when she noticed that the door was only closing half way. "Oh, you got to be kidding me..." It took Natalya at least five tries to finally close the old door. The elevator finally made a shaky stop after about three minutes, indicating she was at her destination. Exhaling slowly from her mouth, she hurried out of the unsteady elevator and walked quickly towards Drake's ship to collect everything she needed.

Vovk became more and more annoyed at the ship - grinning slightly at the autocannons, before giving up and looking at Rivrin. "Hey, looks like we're having a hard time finding this pilot. I say if Cap'n agrees with it, we start disassembling this ship to salvage what's good, and keep going until we find that person - and we can use the parts afterwards to build you a craft. What do you think?"

Rivrin floated around the ship before going back to the entrance port, she'd seen ships like these fuel up at the docks on her planet and it was pretty likely of she popped off the first door there would be an air lock inside to keep the rest of the ship safe from the harsh vacuum of space, her golden eyes inspected the hinges and the handle that didn't budge
"We can get in through here, there will be an air lock inside"
Drawing her sword that looked like a Valon enfused light saber she rested it against the hinges that hissed and groaned in compliant, after cutting all the hinges she pulled the door free with a 'pop' and she watched as it slowly floated out into space.
Jumping inside she was met by a door, just as she expected, grinning in triumph she opened the door only to face another one, the door behind her closed, sealed and filled the small area with oxygen then the other door unsealed and opened for her.

The space inside the craft was cramped. Probably enough room for two average sized humans to sit side by side. There were two seats surrounded by controls and instruments. One was empty, the other had a person in it, put into cryo sleep by his flight suit. The light in cockpit was from a button on the pilots forearm control pad. "Engage meltdown?" It said in bright blue letters.

Rivrin fit into the space comfortably as she was only four feet tall and built incredibly thin, noticing the pilot she moved forward and inspected him before using the device Vovk had given her to talk to him "I think he's still alive"
She glanced around the rest of the cockpit in disapointment, no gold or treasures to be found in here that was for sure, her golden eyes locked on the control pad on the pilots arm that glowed bright blue at her, she tilted her head completely sideways to read it allowed to Vovk "Engage Meltdown.. I wonder what that means"

"Roger that, will call the medic soon. What can you tell about him? Is he alive-alive? Cryosleep? Stasis? Some other strange form of inactivity? Hell - is he even organic?" As he listened to her speak, Vovk could be heard grumbling a little. "Engage Meltdown? I have no idea what that does, but if it does what I would think it does, let's not touch it."

As Rivrin eyed the glowing blue pad she tilted her head then looked at the pilot "Oh I think he is in Cryosleep.....I think..." she rubbed her head and looked through the different compartments before sighing once more and returning to the unmoving pilot and leaning against the wall "should I move him? Try to drag him out?"

"Better not, could disturb his wounds. Hang on." He took his radio, pressing the speech button. "Natalya? We found the pilot - he's possibly in cryosleep and I don't know yet if he's hurt, so bring supplies. Also, section is depressurized. Over." He tried peeking his head into the craft - his size not quite adequate to really come in. "The doc's coming. Find anything else interesting in there though?"

The only interesting things were a small blaster pistol, holstered on the pilots hip, and a gold necklace with a symbol hanging around his neck.

But that was the least if their worries. The arrival of the two had Deactivated the cryosleep. The pilot would eventually come to, and he would not likely be friendly to whomever had entered his fighter without his approval.

Rivrin ruffled through some papers which seemed to be mostly manuals to this or that, pulling her head out of a compartment she flicked her ears "Not yet, there's a few things I can't open but they don't seem real important, the only Interesting thing in here is the glowing control pad" She huffed and went back to scrounging around the cabin, she found a few stale crackers and coughed on their ashy power immediately spitting them out.
Using her Valon light saber she opened up a larger compartment that was full of clothes and an obviously broken gun, some ammo, a few pieces of paper and random objects, she pulled out a shiny silver pocket watch and stuck it in her small mouth before rummaging through the clothes looking for anything that might be hidden there.
Going back to the captian of the small craft she noticed the gold hanging around his neck and immediately put the silver watch in her pocket and the shiny gold necklace in her mouth as she looked through a few more scraps of useless papers

Vovk had seen that power down on his datapad, calling the doc once more. "Hey Natalya - something powered down, the guy might be thawing, we'd need you over here..." He put the radio back on his belt. "Hey little one - there's been a power down in the cockpit, could you see if you could do anything about it? I'm afraid our friend might be thawing..."

Rivrin pulled herself from a stack of clothes and twitched her ears "He's thawing?!" She trotted over to the pilot and looked down at him unsure if he was even still alive, the necklace she pulled from his neck now hung wrapped tightly around the end of her tail "are you sure? He looks pretty much dead to me" seeing the gun she grabbed it and pulled it from his hip muttering "If he's a bad guy we don't want him having this" sticking it in her utility belt she scoffed at it as it was uncomfortably large and bulky

Ajax slowly came to. He was disoriented at first. When he opened his eyes the first thing he saw was an alien looking down at him. His visor was darkened so it couldn't see his eyes. He didn't move, unsure if it was hostile. When she took his gun he reached out quickly with his left arm and grabbed her throat. In the low gravity it was easy to pin her against the control console. His right arm reached out and grabbed the gun. "Who are you?! Where am I?!" He demanded.

Rivrin squealed nearly having a heart attack before baring her fangs and bringing her legs up to kick him in the stomach, flipping backwards she backed toward the exit drawing her saber with a 'Whoosh' and glaring at the man with her tail lashing and her ears pressed angerly against her head "I'm Rivrin and we're helping you! You brute! I don't know where we are, space? Your stupid broken ship? So much for manners"

Vovk, hearing Rivrin squeal, quickly took the lasgun he had in his sleeve, before popping in the top of his torso in the ship and aiming the weapon towards the pilot. "What's going on?"

Natalya was busy collecting some med packs when her small radio-like communicator went off from her hip. It was Vovk calling her about the pilot. She pushed a button, "Copy that. I'm on my way." She pushed the button again signing off and quickly grabbed everything she needed. She ran off towards the elevator when she realized the hell with it she will take the long way around. She was not in the mood to have another round of war with the elevator. Making sure the medical supplies were safely secured in her arms, she ran as fast she could down the long corridor to meet up with Vovk and Rivrin, when her radio came on again. ...'Hey Natalya - something powered down, the guy might be thawing, we'd need you over here...' the engineer's voice came through the radio once more. She couldn't answer him and continue her long trek down the hallway.

She finally made it when she noticed something was off when she saw Vovk's head enter the top of ship screaming about something. Natalya's old instincts kicked in and she dropped the items on the steel floor, and took out her old trusty DL-46 pistol and hurried after Vovk. She climbed on top and stood beside the engineer trying to peer through the hatch, "Easy there buddy... we're just trying to help you. I'm Dr. Natalya Slayton." She addressed the pilot in a warm soothing voice trying to calm him down.

Vovk, seeing Natalya being armed (and kinder than he was), moved out of the way to give her a full range of motion.

Ajax frowned. He calmed down. They obviously weren't hostile other wise he'd be dead. He kept a few moments of silence. "Where am I and what year is it?"

Rivrin sheathed the saber with another whoosh and she looked up at Natalya wanting out of the small ship that seemed to be getting stuffy "Naty, could I maybe come up there please" she blinked her golden eyes at her and flicked her ears before moving under the entrance and glancing uncertainly at the pilot who seemed to have calmed down some

Natalya cautiously holstered her gun back to her thigh and looked down at the smaller girl, "Of course hon. Come on up." She moved a little ways so Rivrin could get out, but kept a close eye on the pilot. "Do you want me to come in, or do you think you're strong enough to get yourself out?" She asked him. "I can answer all of your questions once I've checked you over. Deal?"

Status
Not open for further replies.