Ģરίɱɱ ώλરȘ (IC -- REBOOT)

Setting/Time
Time
- Late Morning
Weather - Clear, Hot
Location - Vacuo Ruins Sewer
Tags - @Jessica2477

______________________________________________________________________________________

With the crocodile-like Grimm keeping it's jaw clamped tightly down onto the male's left arm while it shook it's head left to right in attempts to tear off the entire arm from his shoulder, the male continued to shout his echoing voice through the dark corridor of the sewer while he struggled to get free. Although Axel was in search of way to remove the Grimm arm from his body anyway, this was not exactly what he had in mind of a way to remove it; constantly bashing the head of the Grimm with his free arm to no avail, it wasn't until the sudden appearance of a woman coming over to jab at the Grimm's head did he turn his gaze over in shock of seeing anyone else at all.

Now, with the Grimm being seriously injured to the point that it had lost it's sight in one eye from being jabbed with the sharp end of the guitar the beast swung it's jagged tail that had the one inch plates sticking out from it towards the woman to hit her before finally releasing it's jaw from Axel's arm. Growling and roaring towards the woman now that it had faced her, the tail quickly whipped it's way over just to smack Axel aside; luckily hitting his injured arm rather than cause another wound.

'Who the hell is that...?' Questioning himself as his gaze remained locked on the woman as she prepared to do battle with the Irvibane, meanwhile Axel tore off the sleeve of his hoodie from his right arm just to wrap up the limp left arm since the bandages were torn to shreds due to the sharp teeth of the Grimm. The arm would eventually end up recovering on it's own since it was of Grimm, though for the time being it was practically useless at the moment.

Whoever this woman was, she helped him get free from the creature's grasp so the least he could do was repay her with helping however he could with defeating this Grimm. Tearing off the rest of his hood just to toss it aside and leave him in his white t-shirt was underneath, he drew his blade with his only still usable arm as he faced the Grimm from behind. "We best finish this quickly...Who knows how many more of them are down here, and if we make too much noise...we're going to have some really unfriendly guests from above us." Of course he meant the Atlesian troops that were above them, the fact that they were underneath the campus of the academy surely still meant that they were on territory that the Atlas military probably did not want any strangers let alone locals from Zramore entering.

Reactions: DesReploid

Setting/Location
Time - Late Morning
Location - Zramore, Vacuo - Xanthias's Bullet Craft and Weapon Repair

Her actual business concluded, Chro fitted the dust crystals into sockets on her sword and its scabbard, and belted them back on. "Thanks. This'll be a big help if I run into any real trouble out there." As for her companions...she was glad sometimes she didn't have a semblance that took a toll on her body. But as much as age and experience had their advantages, she wasn't as spry as she used to be. Risking herself was just part of the job, unfortunately.

"Sounds like you both have it rough," she said to Ael and Blanche. "Glad to see you're on the mend." She wasn't as sure about using drugs to get there, but at least had the tact to keep it to herself. "I have an old friend with a dangerous semblance who might be able to give better advice on how to keep the backlash in check, but then again...she's something of a real monster, so maybe she's not the best person to ask."

The new arrivals to the shop joining in the conversation and offering to tag along would certainly be a big help, and Chro was happy to have them both, seamlessly slipping away from her earlier conversation to smile happily at both of the young men. "I'll be happy to have you both along. I'm Chro, and I guess now I'm the leader of this little expedition." Reign's mention of knowing the academy's layout could actually be very useful, too, earning him additional praise. "I'm sure you'll be the star of the show, if you can help us find our way around. I'm looking for the more...off-limits areas for students, though. And wherever they'd store their records."

"Ok!" She addressed everyone present. "I think I have a good idea of how to plan this now. We can take the caravan in, it certainly beats walking, even if it is a little more visible. It's probably not grimm or bandits we really need to worry about, but Atlas. Pretty sure they want to keep all the old academies cordoned off for some reason. Lord knows, if I could get access from an official request I would have by now. Hopefully that won't be the case this far out, though." She clapped her hands once. "Well, any objections, make them now. The sooner we can get going, the better."

Lairen and Sairen Lee
| Time: Morning |
| Location: Zramore, Vacuo — Kyrian's General Goods |
| Interactions: @EmperorsChosen |

Lairen shot the man a sharp glare, his teeth clenching as if to keep himself from saying anything to insult him. He knew if he let anything slip, his sister would be furious so he kept his thought of threatening the other male to himself. Doran, a little taken aback from Sairen's sudden suggestion eventually complied followed by a couple jabs at Lairen's pride.

"I'm sure," she said reassuringly to him before preparing to depart. She held up Caelestis to her face, turning her fans to inspect them for any damage they may have. After making sure they were in perfect shape, she turned to her brother who was also doing the same to his swords. "Are you angry with me?" She asked cautiously, her arm looping through his. In response, he gave her a quick glance before closing his eyes and sighing simultaneously.

"No, I'm not mad, but we can't trust him. What if he tries to rob us? Or what if he's just leading us into a trap-," he began, switching into worried lecture mode. Before he could make it any further, Sairen nudged his ribs playfully.

With a smile, she said, "And if he tries to do that, I have my strong big brother there to protect me, right?" Lairen, after a minute, finally broke out in a smile, breaking his arm out of the link to pull her head to his chest.

"Yeah, I'll always be there," he said in almost a whisper before the two set out behind Doran.

~~~~~~

The two followed Doran to the ruins, a place where the siblings had been before a couple times but not close enough to face any real danger. When faced with the decision of the next path, they shared a glance as if having a discussion with just their eyes. "Sewers would probably be our best bet. Grimm, we can handle but an entire army, not so much," stated Lairen.

Last edited:
Ael managed to breathe a sigh of relief after finding out that Blanche was feeling a lot better. In fact, it somehow made his headache hurt a lot less than before.

"I'm really glad you're feeling better, Blanche. Seeing you well made me feel a lot better myself, to be honest. Anyways, as long as the sun is in the sky, you guys can still rely on me. Though, if I were to help it, I'd like to not face something that requires me to do that light show again." Ael replied.

He was already delighted that they wouldn't have to walk all the way there, since Blanche offered to use her caravan as a means of transport.

Then one of the guys whom he thought only came here to browse the shop's wares offered to act as a guide to them. Truth be told, he didn't completely trust these guys yet. But, he knew better to judge a book by its cover. Plus, Miss Chro seems to trust them anyways. What worries him is when she mentioned she wanted to access the “no-no" zones in the academy. What exactly is she after?

"I don't have any objections but it would be better if we get introductions under way. It would also help if we could also tell each other what our semblances do. Would make strategizing a lot easier if we ever end up in a fight. I'll start us off."

Clearing his throat and dusting himself off, Ael began addressing everyone.

“My name's Aelius Cedomir, Ael for short. Part time worker at the Iron Curtain Inn. Also part time Huntsman. Not official though since they no longer hand out licenses these days. As for the semblance, I'm basically the Sun! “ He said enthusiastically with a beaming smile as bright as the Sun.

Doran Kol

Time:
Morning

Mentions: @RaineSensei @happydeath @Jessica2477

Hopping up on the rubble of a partially-remaining building, Doran appeared to eye the distance before bouncing back down at Lairen's reply.

"Oh, I hope so," Doran began. "Might be a bit tricky down there, being all dark and cramped... and unfortunately I'm not as good at hunting Grimm as I am people."

Moving over to a nearby manhole, Doran took out one of his scimitar's and flicked it into its sickle form before poking it into the side of the cover. Twisting and prying the hook, the manhole popped open, allowing Doran to grab it with his free hand and slide it off to reveal the opening to the sewers.

"...So, let's try not to die in a dark, stinky tunnel, eh?"

Jumping down, Doran flicked the scimitar back into its normal form, pulling a trigger on the handle to alight it flame as a makeshift torch. He more or less led the way, much as he could. He wasn't exactly familiar with the underground system, nor was he very comfortable with rushing forward due to the possible Grimm that remained. However, as they made their way through, sound resonated through the tunnels; a roar.

Pausing at the sudden loud noise, Doran glanced around at the various pathways. Unfortunately, the direction where the sound came from was where they needed to go. Why was it making such a ruckus though? Grimm didn't care for each other. Was there some poor sod down here that made a wrong turn? They would find out soon enough either way.

Turns out, it was the latter, two to be exact. There was a guy with a busted arm and a sword and a girl with a--guitar? Interesting choice, but the Grimm staring them down didn't appear all that amused.

Doran sighed and shook his head lightly at the sight. "The way this is going, the bar would've been quieter, calmer, and less crowded..."

Taking his second blade in his other hand, Doran ignited the paired blade and dashed forward, kicking off the side of the tunnel and spinning in the air with his scimitars to sear the creature's tail.

Doran didn't care much for saving strangers for free, but the damn thing was in the way, so it wasn't like he was just playing hero.

Reign Beaux DeWynters
- Xanthias's Bullet Craft and Weapon Repair | Zramore, Vacuo
Time - Late Morning
Mentions - @R-9 Pilot, @Jessica2477, @Accelerator, @Cresion Breezes

To say that the continued attention that was directed toward him made Reign feel even more uncomfortable than he already was would have been an understatement. Reign always got nervous and shy when there were multiple people around him. He never knew the exact reason, but he could list one or two off the top of his head. The fact that all of the people around him now paid at least a bit of attention to him only added fuel to the fire that was his anxiety, he felt like he could pass out on the spot.

Reign began to silently gnaw on his upper lip, a nervous habit he had picked up during his time at Shade Academy. His lips were in bad shape because of this all the time any ways, so he had just given up on trying to stop. It also wasn't as if a street rat like him would kiss anyone any time soon, so he really had no reason to lose his habit. He only stopped biting into his lip after he felt a familiar metallic taste fill his mouth. However, after Acroma and Chro had finished speaking, he was back to gnawing at his lip, this time the lower one, because his lips were not bloody enough already.

When Chro mentioned that she was after some areas that were likely not open to students, many locations immediately jumped to Reign's mind, as well as the question as to why she wanted to visit such areas, but he surely was not asking her. He had always been a smart child, with a comparatively good memory, so the schools layout was still saved in his mind. Finding the off limits areas would not be too hard, the teachers usually showed everyone which areas the students were not allowed to go in, and otherwise Reign would just have to look for locations he could not remember to the best of his abilities.

When Ael introduced himself and quickly described his semblance Reign did contemplate reintroducing himself, however decided against it. Acroma had already told everyone his name, and Reign really was no good at explaining his semblance to others. What was he supposed to say anyways? "Hey, my name is Reign, but you know that, I'm basically a walking, talking, oversized magnet"? Surely not.

The introduction he was given by Acroma however still plagued his mind for a while. In fact, Acroma's entire behavior in the shop sent an entirely different image than what Reign could gather from their meeting shortly before. 'Spoilt rich kid?' the Acroma Reign had met did certainly not give off the expression of a rich kid, rather the exact opposite, with his lack of sleep and apparent hunger.

But Acroma's remark about being wealth had another effect on Reign. He choked on seemingly nothing. Nothing physical anyways, rather something mentally, a memory. A memory he had hoped never to relive again, which was called forth however by a simple throwaway line. Not just that but Reign's thoughts immediately rushed to what Acroma must be thinking of him. While one seemed to be rather wealthy, he was a street rat, wearing a ragged coat, sleeping under the stars because he could not afford proper bedding, hunting his own food because he could not afford to buy it. That must give a very good image of who he was.

When Acroma leaned onto him, Reign awkwardly put a hand around the other one's shoulders, after all, according to the taller one, the two were... friends. Only now did the word sink in. Friend. Almost as soon as the usual doubts of what others think of him had settled in, they were blow away again.

"...friend..." Reign whispered, barely audible, looking down at his feet. He could have repeated that word about a thousand times. It must have been at least five years since someone had called him that, and the mere thought of someone only halfway meaning it filled him with a bit more confidence. He felt bouncy and bubbly like an excited child.

Time - Noon
Location - Outskirts of Shade Academy ruins

The ride to the ruins of Shade academy was a very uncomfortable one, at least to Reign. He was boxed in what looked like the love child of an RV and one of those icecream-man trucks. Wares were stacked up in the back, there was a living area of sorts. Reign was thankful that he didn't have to walk the whole way there though, so he decided not to complain, verbally or in thought. For most of the ride, he simply stuck close to Acroma. After all, he was the one that proclaimed they were friends, and now he was stuck with Reign.

Once the caravan was so close to what was left of Shade Academy that they could see it faintly at the horizon, without being immediately attacked by atlasian knights, they halted and everyone got off. Reign took a few steps forward, almost immediately turning back to the group.

"Since you had talked about atlasian troops I figured that you would have wanted to go in through the main entrance... but, uhm, if we wanted to we - uh." Noticing his stuttering get worse, Reign quickly cleared his throat before blurting out the rest of his sentence, "W- We could also go through the sewers that run below the academy." He took a short break, only to take a breath.

"Bu- But those're likely filled with Grimm." His voice, throughout the entire time he spoke was more comparable to a whisper than anything else and anyone that stood a couple of steps away from him could probably not understand a word of what he was saying, unless they had incredibly good hearing.

Thanian Shreik
Time: Noon.
Interactions: None.

The airship's jew engines filled the cabin with a constant roar. This was for military use, no comfort, yet the interior was flush with black furniture and decorated with gold. Thanian preferred to travel in style. He sat with both legs hung over the side of an arm chair, his back leaning against the other side and propped up on one shoulder. He had been doing most the talking. While Nudara knelt before him. One guard held his chains and another held a taser-pronged polearm against his back, ready to ignite at a moment's notice.

"You were always such a disappointment," he said. "Not to father. No, you were the apple of his short-sighted eyes. He believed you could be the future of the company and of this putrid world. But I know better. I know that you do not have what it takes to rule. So I showed him how dsiappointing you are. And now, once again, you are continue to prove your... Inability."

"Rule?" asked Nudara. "You think running the Golden Skies is like ruling over a kingdom? You're delusional."

Thanian swung his legs down and leaned forward. "Not a kingdom, brother. The world. I will rule over this world, with the Golden Skies Corporation finally being mine. Our private military, our technology, our dust, our wealth. I will control everything."

"All you have to do is wait a few more decades for the old man to die... Unless you let me go." Nudara's voice grew stern.

Thanian simply laughed. "You don not have what it to takes to kill father. I, on the other hand, can do just that. Everything is in motion."

The airship engines quieted and slowed. They had arrived and the ship was now descending upon the ruins of what used to be Shade Academy. Ravaged and destroyed, the remains of what had once been a beacon of hope.

"Seems we have arrived. Shall we go see what lies beneath these ruins? I have heard rumors of something terrible down there, something monstrous, something evil. A Grimm unlike any other. I will have it."

Thanian waved his hands and one armoured guard pulled at Nudara's chains. Forcing Nudara to stand up. As Thanian walked the guard followed closely behind and pulled Nudara with them. The second guard followed closely behind. Taser at the ready.

All four of them all moved to the back of the airship as a large bay door opened. The air rushed out with a mighty wind that nearly uplifted and pulled Nudara and both guards away. But Thanian did not budge. He was unmoved. His clothes untouched, his hair still tied back with not a single strand out of place. The wind did not touch him. It obeyed him. A slight, feint red haze hung in the air around him, showing his absolute control over everything and anything that came close. Including the wind. Thanian was making it move around him. His immediate world was under his direct control.

Setting/Location
Time - Late Morning
Location - Zramore, Vacuo - Outskirts of Shade Academy Ruins
Mentions - @R-9 Pilot @TheSly @Accelerator @Cresion Breezes

Blanche hummed to herself as she drove down the beaten path, one hand on the wheel and the other lightly tapping the armrest in tune with the song she was thinking of. She kept the radio off so to keep an argument from happening about what music to play or to switch stations. After traveling alone for so long, Blanche was used to doing whatever she wanted in the caravan without someone objecting to what she did. But now, with so many strangers and acquaintances inside the vehicle, she wasn't all that quick to get comfortable.

Once they arrived, the Faunus could notice some Atlesian knights guarding the academy. To avoid trouble, she pulled over and parked a little ways away from the Academy off the main road to hide the caravan from sight. She couldn't afford to have some robots destroy precious cargo.

"The sewers, huh?" Blanche repeated, looking a bit thoughtful about the suggestion. She smiled and gave Reign a pat on the back, mainly to help the poor guy relax a little. "It's a good plan! Personally, I'm no fan of sewage but I'm less of a fan of alerting some high tech tin-heads... We risk becoming swiss cheese and alerting Atlas of our presence or we risk becoming Grimm food..." The last part she murmured to herself before she sighed, "As much as I don't like the smell, my vote is on the sewers."

Setting/Location
Time - Late Morning
Location - Vacuo Ruins sewers
Mentions - @happydeath @EmperorsChosen @RaineSensei

Violetta's attention briefly turned to the others that had arrived, though now was not the time for introductions. The Grimm was moving in for an attack, but one of the newcomers was approaching it for a strike of their own. Could they really see in the dark? Were they a Faunus? Well, she'd get her answers later. Right now, she wanted to help as much as she could.

She thrust her guitar's end at the Grimm, impaling the creature's neck to try and keep it in place for as long as she could. The Grimm screamed and struggled against her weapon but Violetta stayed put as much as possible.

She didn't need to speak to insinuate what she wanted the others to do.

'Kill it!'

Reactions: DesReploid
Nudara Shreik
One guard paused, hand raised to where his ear would be underneath his helmet. He was listening to something. After a moment be raised his head. Thanian looked back to hear what the guard had to say.

"Sir, there are a group of Atlesian knights by the entrance to the ruins," the guard said.

Thanian smirked. "Time to do what you do best, brother dearest."

Nudara shook his head. Why would he ever help his brother? "I would not doing anything to further your cause, even if it cost me to my life."

"Oh big brother. I wanted you dead for the longest time. Now, however, I have seen your worth. You will help me deliver my empire to me, from father. And in return I shall tell you who betrayed you, sold you out to our father, and is still selling out the White Dang to this day."

Someone within the White Fang was betraying them? Nudara did not agree with the violent measures they took but they were still fighting for helpless Faunus all over the world.

Nudara nodded.

"Good." From within his jacket he pulled out Nudara's sword. "I had yearned for this sword for so long. I believed it to be a symbol of the right to inherit the company. Now I see clear as day that it is an usurper's blade." A guard undid Nudara's chains. "Fetch."

Thanian threw the golden sword out the bay door. Nudara ran and jumped, following his weapon out and down. He could not let himself be the reason any Faunus were hurt by this traitor within their own ranks. Nudara caught the sword. And landed directly in front of the Atlesian knights blocking the entrance, one knee bent, one fist in the floor. The knights took aim. He stood up.

"Sorry for dropping in unannounced."

The Atlesian knights fired. Nudara already had his blade segmented and whipping around him in a fatal flurry before the first bullet left the barrel of a gun. Automatic rifle rounds bounced off his whipping blade. As he agility moved closed and adeptly blocked every round fired at him. Nudara decapitated the two nearest and their robotic bodies fell to the ground. For the briefest moment he ducked behind a pillar. Reforming his sword and charging the blade, he emerged from behind the stone column with a glowing Midas Talon. He pulled the lever and lashed out. The blade broke to wired pieces and whipped at one more robot knight. With. The fiery red dust stone charged. His whip blade exploded on impact, shattering the knight into pieces and scattering those pieces like shattered shrapnel to several other Atlesian knights. Many of them his the floor in a broken mess of damaged bodies and exposed wires. Nudara kept walking forwards without looking at the last two guards, stepping over an Atlesian knight with a shredded chest plate and short circuiting circuitry. He pulled the lever and his sword's blade retracted and reassembled. The last two knights aimed at him. Nudara let his semblance out. Golden wings of pure aura spread out around him. There was not enough room for them. Stone pillars and ruined walls were smashed to rubble by his spreading wings. Rubble and rock was thrown at the last two knights and their bodies were crushed by the weight and speed.

Nudara returned his wings and approached the doorway of the ruins. Peering into the darkness within gave no answers of what lay inside. Even with light shining through the doorway he could see nothing. He ignited the fire dust gemstone on his sword for at least a little light when inside. After one last look behind him at the defeated Atlesian knights, he stepped into the the darkness.

Last edited:

Setting/Time
Time
-Noon
Weather - Clear, Hot
Tags - @Jessica2477 @RaineSensei @EmperorsChosen
______________________________________________________________________________________
Just as he had prepared to battle against the Grimm with his one arm along with the help of the unknown female figure that came to assist him; the last thing that was expected to occur was the sight of what appeared to be even more assistance arriving out of the darkness of the sewers. This time however, it was a male and his style of fighting clearly showed that he was experienced in fighting Grimm before. Believing the strangers could take care of the Grimm without much need of help, right before he could even think of making his next move to attack the Grimm; a sudden rumbling of explosions and gunfire had Axel stop mid tracks just to take his gaze upwards to the ceiling of the sewers. "What the hell...? What's going on up there? Surely, the Grimm wouldn't be possess that might of a problem for the military..." Whispering under his breath while the sounds of what seemed like battle above echoed through the sewer corridors.

Meanwhile, with the battle against the single Grimm continued. It wasn't until the female stranger jabbed the creature with her weapon to keep it still did Axel begin rushing forward with his sword in hand. Luckily already having a flame dust crystal imbued into the hilt of the blade, Axel was able to ignite his entire sword ablaze as he rushed forward to quickly slice off the head of the crocodile-like Grimm in an instant.
This easily left him out of breath while his arm continued to recover slowly before his attention was focused fully onto the shaking and trembling ceiling of the sewers. "Does anyone...know what's going on up there?" Questioning the strangers without so much as an introduction to who he was, with his sword still set ablaze it easily lit the corridor of the sewer to get a decent look at each of the strangers more clearly.

---

All the while, back on the surface. As the Nudara had began to fight off the mechanical Atlas troops one after another. It was only a matter of time after a certain number of troops started to be killed that an automatic distress signal was sent out to any nearby Atlas patrols as well as to HQ for more assistance. As such, it wouldn't come to any surprise that airships and land vehicles would be rushing towards the academy ruins rapidly.

Reactions: ValGalorian
Doran Kol

Time:
Noon

Mentions: @RaineSensei @happydeath @Jessica2477

It wasn't a matter of time for the Grimm to perish. Doran's own attack had injured the beast, but more importantly, drew its attention long enough for one of the two people cornered to pin it. The young woman with a striking contrast of hair color who appeared not much older than himself, if at all, stabbed the creature's neck with the neck of her—guitar? Interesting. This allowed the other to deal a finishing blow, a slightly older man with light pink hair and a far more conventional weapon, just as the whole ground began to shake.

Stumbling slightly, but quickly steadying himself. Whoever these people were—looters, spies, refugees or whatever—it seemed they had nothing to do with whatever was stirring the hornet's nest above their heads.

"Dunno... Could be a Grimm attack, some malfunction... maybe just some idiots fuckin' with the wrong people," Doran gave his guesses, eyeing the two individuals much as he could in the current lighting and giving a nod to one's odd weapon choice. "Odd place for a concert."

Still possessed of his natural charm, Doran was however all too aware of how much more complicated things had become. Sneak in. Grab some valuables. Leave. It was supposed to be simple and quiet—so much for that. Even if none of them were the source of the ruckus up above, it wouldn't stop reinforcements from coming or, at the very least, an extreme tightening of the guard.

"Just like going to the market. It's kinda empty, you step in and suddenly everyone's decided the same idea..." Doran complained. "Either way, quite a party upstairs... usually points to something of value."

Glancing back to Sairen and Dairen, Doran was a bit skeptical in regards to the siblings. Whether it was a feeling of debt or comradery that possessed the girl to convince her brother to follow him, the whole thing got a lot more dangerous for two people helping someone else get some cash.

"Well... I dunno bout you, but I think I'll go say hello before the Atlesians lose their shit and lock the place down even more. You two sure you wanna stay?" Doran inquired back to the siblings, then turning to look at the other two. "And you two... Well, I don't know you, do what you want." He paused again, looking at the woman with the guitar this time. "But pretty or not, I'm charging you next time."

With that said, Doran began looking for the next path to follow and where to climb out of the damn sewers.

dmMZD8A.png
Acroma Leichester
Time - Late Morning
Location - Zramore, Vacuo - Xanthias's Bullet Craft and Weapon Repair
Interactions - @R-9 Pilot @Accelerator @TheSly @Jessica2477

Acroma's eye twitched a little when the blonde young man, Ael, as he's introduced himself as, mentioned semblances, his semblance was often...difficult to explain at best, and seems fake at worse. 'I have good luck' just doesn't seem like a legitimate semblance, especially with its unpredictable results and repercussions. But of course, he had dealt with this conversation too many times, in far more treacherous social situations with more powerful individuals. In the past, he simply dismissed the conversation by stating that he didn't have a semblance yet, but the current circumstance was different. This band of huntsmen and huntresses probably would ditch him if he's shaping up to be too big of a liability.

"Semblance...hmm," Acroma muttered a bit as he felt Reign's arm slip across his shoulder. "My semblance is, well, it causes exactly the thing I need to happen when I'm in a pinch." He leaned on Reign a little more as he tried to think of a better explanation, but eventually gave in. "I think it'll be better when you eventually see it happen."
Acroma Leichester
Time - Noon
Location - Shade Academy Ruins Outskirts

The ride to the ruins was a bit cramped and bumpy, but it was much better than being shipped as literal cargo in a crate across the continent. The time of the trip was spent refilling card compartments with the newly purchased dust, ice would do for now. Hopefully. Reign stuck close the entire time, Acroma can't help but feel slightly concerned about his nervousness. Before visiting the town Reign seemed so familiar with the area, but his current state seems to say otherwise, his personality also took a big turn the moment they stepped in that shop. Perhaps he was only nervous, though Acroma was always prepared for the worse.

Atlesian troops were visible from a distance, Acroma pulled up his coat's collar a bit, trying to hide his face. He didn't know if the robotic troops sent here still had sensory devices built-in, but he knew that there were probably people in Atlas searching for him, friend and foe. It would be best for him to be on his guard when dealing with anything Atlesian.

Acroma didn't hear much of what Reign said, as he was more focused on his own thoughts, as well as Reign's shakiness. The cow Faunus, Blanche, who was kind enough to drive them to the ruins came up and patted Reign. She was certainly gentle and caring, from the little time that Acroma had known her, but he found himself narrowing his eyes at her cautiously when she came up close. "I don't have the best track record with Atlas at the moment." Acroma tried to withdraw his hostility as he replied to the others. "It's best if I avoid the troops." Finishing up the sentence Acroma strolled back to Reign, "I'll go where you go." The words came out a bit lazily as he rested his head on top of Reign's, perhaps his weeks of overexerting himself still show its toll, but their height difference made it seem almost like the natural thing to do. "It worked for me so far."

Location - Shade Academy Ruins Outskirts
Time - Noon
Mentions - @Accelerator, @Jessica2477, @R-9 Pilot, @Cresion Breezes

Reign was perfectly fine with either option. Although the sewers were likely filled to the brim with Creatures of Grimm, when fighting Atlas soldiers there might just be an unending wave of reinforcements coming in. And either way, fighting the Grimm might draw atlasean attention and fighting the Atlas Soldiers might attract the Grimm because of any negative emotion that might be felt.

When Acroma walked over and rested his head and body against Reign he had no idea how to react to it. The last time anyone got this close to him was years ago and he had almost entirely forgotten how it felt. It was nice, 'You never miss it 'till you have it again, huh?'

It also gave Reign a spark of confidence. At least one of the people he was travelling with seemed to trust him. Then there was this Chro lady, who seemed nice enough to him, the only ones that had praised him in a long time were Acroma or some random person he took up a job for. Ael was a bit to forward for his liking, but to each their own, and in the end he seemed honest. Reign bit his lip again, scolding himself mentally, there was no reason to be a shy as he was, why couldn't he pull himself together?!

After the brief moment of self-scolding Reign thought back to Acroma who was resting against him. Was he still that exhausted? If so, would he be ok going in and fighting? He had practically collapsed once before, if that happened again it would likely be up to Reign to get him out, his semblance was almost made for getting others out or into trouble. Furthermore, if he was really that exhausted for how long had he been pushing himself? Vacuo is the one place were the wild life is almost more dangerous than Grimm, this was not the place to randomly collapse out of exhaustion. Reign was concerned. Had he not been there a wandering Grimm or animal would have torn Acroma to pieces and that could happen again almost any time. All the more reason to stay with him.

Reign's train of thought was interrupted by a loud commotion from the ruins of the academy. Was someone trying to brute force their way in? Or were they just looking for a spectacular way of committing suicide? It also quickly hit him that the fighting will not just cause more Atlas troops to show up.

Almost instinctively Reign reached for his Traumfänger and folded them open into chakrams before turning to Chro.

"I don't know what it is you want out of that academy, but if we don't hurry up to get it then more Atlas troops will block our way. And with bad luck the fight will attract not just Creatures of Grimm but also beasts of prey. No time to keep talking we gotta go, and now." Reign's voice had suddenly regained all the composure it had when he spoke to Acroma before. He was ready for a fight. And turned to start moving when everyone else did. Although, before anything could happen he turned to Acroma.

"You still seem out of it. I won't stop you from going in. Just … Be careful, okay?" He spoke much quieter, hoping that none of the others could hear all of what he had said to Acroma and praying that the worry in his voice did not make it seem like he was trying to parent the taller one. Reign already knew he would not leave without him. The risk that the blistering heat from the sun and Acroma's exhaustion would knock him out was a bit to great from Reign to leave him alone. Should he really collapse again while no one was there he'd be easy pickings for anyone and anything, even other Humans and Faunus, Reign had heard multiple times that the relentlessness of the desert had driven humans and faunus alike into taking drastic measures to quench their hunger. But Acroma had proclaimed to be his friend and Reign wouldn't let a friend be left behind, even if he hadn't done that, the other's face was just a little bit too pretty to feed it to the desert.

Lairen and Sairen Lee
| Time: Morning |
| Location: Vacuo Academy Ruins [Sewers] |
| Interactions: @EmperorsChosen @happydeath @Jessica2477 |

The two siblings followed Doran into the sewers, Lairen walking protectively in front of his sister with his hand resting lighting on the hilt of this sword. It was dark, almost pitch black. Luckily Doran provided a bit of light for them to follow.

A loud roar erupted from somewhere in the sewers, catching the attention of the three before they quickly set off to find its source. Moments later, a large alligator Grimm became barely visible, its body blending into the darkness of the sewers but its red eyes glowed brightly. Before the two could join in on the fight, it was soon over when Doran and the other two people who were fighting the Grimm previously all teamed up to finish it. The siblings, who were gripping their weapons, relaxed and made their way to the others.

Sairen glanced between the two strangers using the flame the man provided as a source of light. The woman looked around her age and had dark purple hair with a single streak of white. The man, on the other hand, had a pale shade of pink for hair. They both seemed strong, especially if they had to hold off that beast of a Grimm. While she examined them, Doran had been talking about something while also throwing a couple complaints. When questioned, she turned to meet his eyes. "Yeah, we can handle it," she said, nudging her brother as if to tell him to answer Doran. He replied with a reluctant grunt.

Lairen's eyes fell upon the girl with contrasting hair. He couldn't help but stare. Something about the way her hair fell over her eyes or the faint glow of her pale irises in the dark sewers just attracted him to her. As if sensing her brother drooling over the woman, Sairen elbowed him in the stomach hard. He leaned forward in sharp pain before glaring at his sister, who was smirking at him. The exchange ended there as Doran soon began to leave. Of course, she followed him. Lairen, however, waited a moment longer to get another good look at the attractive stranger before following after his sister.

Last edited:
Setting/Location
Time - Late Morning
Location - Zramore, Vacuo - Outskirts of Shade Academy Ruins
Mentions - @R-9 Pilot @TheSly @Accelerator @Cresion Breezes

"Oh my God..."

Blanche was at a loss of words seeing Nudara walk up to the Atlesian Knights are start destroying them one by one. Each mechanical guard fell at the man's blade, making quite a show to the audience Nudara unknowingly had. Unfortunately, Blanche was not enamored with the display of strength, but rather in sheer shock at the audacity.

"Oh, he's either a fucking idiot, in cahoots with Atlas, or something else is going on behind the scenes. Whatever it is, I don't care right now. Unless one of us has super speed, we should get out of here before we're shot or arrested." She told the group, reaching to her holster and unbuttoning the holder so she could easily reach her pistols when they were needed.

Setting/Location
Time - Late Morning
Location - Vacuo Ruins sewers
Mentions - @happydeath @EmperorsChosen @RaineSensei

With the beast dead, Violetta pulled up on her weapon until it was removed from the concrete it had been wedged into. Her guitar, though a little scratched from the pinning, would be fine. She sighed, happy that the little group that formed could at least take a breather, though she was certain they wouldn't be talking for long. The person who injured the Grimm seemed intent on getting in and out, just like her.

Before she could say hello and introduce herself, the ground above erupted in what sounded like another battle. Violetta wasn't even sure what to think at the moment. She thought it would just be her and this pink-haired guy exploring the academy, but right in front of her were three more people and possibly a fourth being turned into dirt mulch.

What in the world was going on up there?

Fuck, now she was curious again.

"Eh?" Was all she could utter in response to him telling her that his service of injuring the Grimm would be paid next time. To be fair, she never asked for him to jump in, but she didn't have much time to tell him that since he and the two that were with him were already leaving.

Her eyes caught the tallest man's for a brief moment as the trio walked away, and once more, Violetta couldn't help but sigh again.

'So much for new friends...' She thought to herself, then turned to the guy she had been following.

"Well, I don't know what's going on but it sounds like we need to hurry up." Violetta told him, gesturing him to come along as she quickly bopped her flashlight until it flickered back on again. She then started looking for a way out of the sewers. "If they have all those robots guarding the place, who knows how long it'll take until reinforcements arrive!"

• Setting/Time
    Time
    -Noon
    Weather - Clear, Hot
    Tags - @Jessica2477 @RaineSensei @EmperorsChosen

After questioning the surrounding people that stood around him once they had defeated the Grimm, it appeared as though no one had any clue as to what was going on above ground that had been causing the trembling of the ground from both gunfire and explosions. Whatever or whoever was causing the ruckus no doubt had gotten plenty of the attention of the atlas troops and assuming from the eventual end of gunfire, it probably meant either the troops were defeated somehow or whatever caught their attention was dealt with.

Rather than respond to any of those within the sewers with him, once the male who assisted in defeating the Grimm began to head off down the corridor, the violet haired woman spoke of the two of them catching up with the trio that had been making their way down the tunnel. Even towards her, Axel remained silent; he was at the very least thankful for her assistance when it came to defeating the Grimm before it had torn off his arm yet he still barely knew who she was and with injured Grimm arm still recovering, he wasn't about to just follow a group of people he barely even knew.

Though, before he even decided to take a step away from the fading corpse of the Grimm; the pink haired male soon lowered himself down upon a single knee just to extend his injured wrapped Grimm arm towards the fading remains of the large creature. Moments went by with nothing occurring until the fading remains began to appear as though it were being absorbed through the cloth of his arm. Eventually, by the time the remains had completely vanished, Axel's arm had been as good as new as he was able to move the four sharpened fingers as though he wasn't injured to begin with. "Tsk..." With that being the only thing that came from his lips, he immediately began to make his way down the corridor with the vision he had in the darkness from his trait of being a Faunus.

After what seemed like an eternity within the sewers, eventually Axel found his way out of the sewers via hatch that was at the side entrance into the academy. Luckily, there was a door that was already broken open by the sight of the gunshot hole on where the door handle once was. No doubt, from the looks of it; it was of Atlas' doing. Entering the abandoned academy ruins, the first set of halls that the door lead to was littered with books, graffiti, chairs, desks, and other debris. Yet as he made his way through the halls, not a single corpse could be found of a student or teacher.
    Whatever the reason for it was, Axel knew where he was headed; the headmaster's office. He needed some answers and if he was going to get any from the academy it was probably going to be in the one room where the man/woman who ruled the academy worked at.

• Setting/Time
    Time
    -Noon
    Weather - Clear, Hot
    Location - Vacuo Ruins Outskirts

Approaching the ruins of the city once known as Vacuo was a man who had himself completely dressed from head to toe in a brown ragged cloak. Even with the scorching heat from the sun beating down upon him, he showed no signs of exhaustion in each step he took as he approached the archway that was once the gates to enter the city. From underneath his cloak, a toothy fanged grin came across his lips yet not a single word left him as he entered down the middle of the empty streets.

Moments passed as he continued on his way towards the ruins of the academy, knowing just who he was going to find there. Though as he continued on his way, the sounds of whirling blades had him halt in the middle of his footsteps just to turn his head over his shoulders as the sight of Atlas carrier airships came in from the skies like swarms of bees. The grin that was once across his lips faded into that of a disgusted frown as he raised his right arm out of the cloak to reveal the pitch black Grimm arm he had; with a single snap of his fingers, howls and growls from the darkest regions of the city echoed throughout the alleyways as all manner of Grimm rushed out from the darkness to begin following the cloaked figure obediently.

"Take care of them..." As the figure spoke out in a distorted growl-like tone, several of the flying type Grimm quickly scattered from their position of following the cloaked figure just to soar off after the airships.

It took mere seconds before the sounds of both Grimm screeching from their deaths as well as gunfire and explosions echoed throughout the skies from the airships being taken down one after another. The male showed no concerns to the death of human or faunus lives nor did he care if there were some airships that had gotten away to head towards the academy. He only wished for his plan to be undisturbed by the least amount of bystanders as possible.

Doran Kol

Time:
Noon

Mentions: @RaineSensei

Walking along the sewers tunnels, Doran appeared to have a somewhat irritated expression on his face, holding his immolated sword forward to light the way. Between the commotion upstairs, the other people and the face the mercenary had already expended plenty of energy in the past twenty-four hours, this whole situation did not bode well, and while a gambler, he wasn't particularly feeling his luck at the moment. However, whether to take his mind off it, make conversation or perhaps just to jab Lairen, the expression Doran held didn't last very long.

"...Surprised you didn't get her number," Doran chimed in. "I mean, with the hole you burnt through her, she was probably waiting for it."

With a small chuckle, Doran continued walking through, fully expecting some retort, or at least a glare as he had become accustomed to. However, it didn't appear that he had forgotten their original goal as eventually the light from his flame gave picture to what appeared to be a ladder built into the wall leading up to a cover.

"Alright.. exit... Now let's see if I get my head shot off." With little time for argument, Doran began to climb the ladder before pushing up on the cover above and with great care levered the cover up to peak out to the surface. "Huh... Well, we're actually good."

With that said, he slid the manhole cover off and pulled himself up out of the sewers. Their exit appeared to come up somewhere in the main courtyard, albeit off to the side next to the main academy building. It seemed that whoever had messed with Atlas had already drawn most attention.

Taking haste in their purpose, Doran ushered the siblings from the sewer, giving hand to them as they exit to help pull them out. While the bounty hunter remained cool and collected outwardly, one could with some perception see that he was hurried and certainly did not want to remain in the area longer than he had to.

"Alright, let's go see what we can grab."

Nudara Shreik
Interactions: Doran Ol @EmperorsChosen
The ruins looked a lot more like a school than he was expecting. Of course they did... This place was a school, once upon a time. The first room appeared to be some kind of reception area. Chairs lined up, some misaligned and knocked over. A long receptionist's desk spanned one wall. It was dark inside despite the holes in thew walls, ceiling, and windows. An unnatural darkness seemed to be ushered within the school walls.

Nudara began making his way through doors. One hallway lead to another in what seemed to be a maze. Damn whoever planned the layout of this school. He chuckled at the old memories of his own time at a huntsman academy. So long ago. He had never learned his way around and constantly got turned around in those long, winding hallways. School had been a horrible detachment from his fighting, but also a welcome breath from real life. It was where he learned not just how to fight, but also why to fight.

He stood for a moment to look at a bulletin board. Only a single sheet of paper remained pinned to the board. Other papers, dirty and torn and covered in dust and ash, lay scattered around hallway. A gentle breeze swept down the hallway and tugged slightly at the scattered papers. Nudara looked over the last notification to remain on the board. It was a notice about a music talent show at an upcoming school festival. A school festival that the students never got to attend before... Before this place became a tomb instead of a school.

There came the sound of metal clanging or scraping against something. Nudara focused his attention on it, pacing down the hallway with his heated glowing sword performing its best as a torch. Through the school door's glass panel he peered out into a courtyard and watched as a man began climbing out of a sewer grate. Nudara smiled. Seemed they had found a safer route than busting through Atlas security.

Speaking of which, he thought to himself, they will surely be sending reinforcements. I have to find this Grimm and leave before anyone should get here. The appearance of more people, no doubt, would make that task all the more difficult. Better to avoid them and attempt to remain unseen. Nudara let his sword's light flicker out as he backed away from the door.

A cold chill ran up his spine. Perhaps he should not of forgone his light. A deep, heavy, gravelly breath came against his back. The ragged breath of some large creature. Nudara tightened his grip on his sword. And turned around to face his foe. But there was nothing there. And more noise was coming from the courtyard. There must be more people coming out of the sewers. Whatever had breathed behind him was gone now. And he could not afford to stand around waiting for it.

Nudara slipped away into the shadowy halls of the school. To remain out of sight while he tracked his Grimm prey.

Thanaian Shreik
A guard, one of his many employees, approached. His armored boots scraping against the metal of the hanger bay. Thanian had no idea of the man's name. He was just another number that the Golden Skies Corporation owned. The guard came to a stop in front of Thanian. Waiting for his order to relay information.

"Speak," he ordered, rather simply.

"Sir, your brother has breached the Atlas security blockade in front of the academy and has gone inside."

"Good. Is that all?"

The guard seemed nervous. "Sir..." He gulped. "The Atlesian knights sent out a distress signal when they were attacked. Reinforcements will surely be on their way."

Thanian smiled. "Very good. They can pay for the right to save this Academy. If an Atlesian ship approaches, then attempt to make contact. Once communications are open, request that they pay thirty-thousand credits in order to be allowed entry into Golden Skies air space. That should delay them for more than long enough for my dearest brother to bring me my prize."

The guard nodded and then left to see the orders carried out.

Setting/Location
Time - Late Morning
Location - Zramore, Vacuo - Xanthias' Shop
Mentions - @Jessica2477 @R-9 Pilot @TheSly @Cresion Breezes

The two newcomers introduced themselves... Or at least one did the introductions for both of them. While he managed to learn Acroma's name and a clue about his semblance, all he got from Reign was his name. The embarrassing part was that Ael realized that the introductions were made way before he suggested them. He really was out of it today

"Well we only just met so it's understandable if they won't trust us completely yet." Ael thought.

He smiled wryly when he recounted Miss Chro's sympathetic words regarding the taxing side effects of his and Blanche's respective semblances but shuddered at the thought of meeting another monster. Ingram is a hassle enough to deal with so imagining TWO of them is enough to momentarily drain the color from his face.

"Come to think of it, I forgot to mention to the old man that I'm coming to this place with Miss Chro and the others. Even though he can be a pain in the ass to deal with, having him here would be reassuring."

Setting/Location
Time - Noon
Location - Outskirts of Shade Academy
Mentions - @Jessica2477 @R-9 Pilot @TheSly @Cresion Breezes

During the entirety of the ride towards the Academy, Ael opted to pick a position that would allow him to absorb more sunlight in preparation for the excursion ahead of them. The inside of the caravan was a no go since he really didn't want to feel like a sardine in a moving can, and he wasn't sure if Blanche would be comfortable enough to have him ride shotgun. So he ended up occupying the roof of the caravan as his sunbathing spot.

This coupled with the drugs Blanche's Gramps gave him earlier seemed to do the trick as he was felt almost in tip top shape by the time they arrived at the vicinity of the dilapidated Hunstman Academy.

Due to the heavy Atlesian Military presence in the area, Reign suggested that they take an alternative route into the academy. The down side is that route may have a Grimm Infestation.

"Between getting shot at by Atlesian Military and being Mauled to death by Grimm, the latter is a lot less problematic to deal with. Quite frankly, I don't want to see my face in a wanted poster just yet." Ael remarked.

Suddenly, the sound of gunfire emanated from the direction where Atlesian Forces were posted. With the vantage point the caravan roof provided, he could easily make out Nudara shredding the mechanised infantry like paper scraps.

All the excitement half-tempted Ael to join the fray but ultimately decided against it. He had barely recovered his strength so it would be wise to conserve it in case they had to fight any Grimm down the sewers. The last thing he wanted to happen was to become a liability to the group.

"Nudara's little stunt there has its pro's and con's. While he had attracted most of the Atlas Forces' attention that also meant they're now on high alert for any other intruders. No doubt they'll be sending reinforcements soon. So the sooner we enter the sewers, the better." Ael suggested before shifting his attention to Reign.

"Lead the way, comrade." He said to Reign enthusiastically with a grin on his face.

Reactions: ValGalorian
dmMZD8A.png
Acroma Leichester
Time - Noon
Location - Shade Academy Outskirts
Interactions - @Accelerator @TheSly @Jessica2477

The noon sun hung high in the sky, blistering light and heat baking the ground below, Acroma's eyes were half-closed as he rested his chin on Reign's head. Aura restores a huntsman's body, but it does little for the mind, after months of tension it can't be helped that the young man's mind felt the need to relax a bit. He took a deep sigh when Reign expressed his concerns, his kindness sure went a long way, as Acroma expected the shorter one to run along with whatever life he had after saving him. "Relax a bit dear," Lifting his head and pulling out one of his weaponized cards, lifting it against the sunlight, the ice dust within reflected a refreshing blue hue, "I've been out there longer than you think, this is nothing." Through his continuous concern begins to grow tedious, Acroma didn't fault his companion for his worries, first impressions were important when it came to relations, and he didn't meet Reign in the most assuring circumstance.

The blondie in the group, Ael or something seems to enjoy the sunlight much more than he did, it appears that it was his semblance. "He sure is a talkative one," Acroma muttered lazily to himself, he doubted that anyone other than Reign could hear him. Yeah, I don't want to be plastered on an Atlesian wanted notice either, too bad I'm already on one. This time Acroma didn't say anything out loud, it would only draw unwanted attention, though Atlas used digital screens and holograms, posters weren't the most common medium found there.

Blanche and Ael seem to both caught wind of something, gazing in the same direction that the Faunus girl was cursing at, Acroma can observe an individual attacking the Atlesian knights. The man's swordsmanship was oddly familiar to him, and judging by his boldness to attack Atlesian property, Acroma breifly considered the attacker's identity. As the group murmured amongst itself as he thought, before a name Ael spoke of caught his mind.

"Nudara..." Whispering the name as his expression grew more serious, "As in, Nudara Shreik?" Acroma asked, directing the question towards the two audience members of the show. Acroma knew the Shreiks, well, just about anyone in Atlas knew. But to the Leichesters, the Shreiks were a considerable threat. Known too well for their ruthlessness. Not much is known about the first born son of the newest generation though, even back in Atlas Acroma had heard about one of the Shreik kids turning against their own family. Despite that, rumors were rumours, it was better to confirm it with the people here.