G-Force ( An all Female Superhero Squad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOh sign me up! I get to try out my Slime Mould ability! Also, just saying but the Unavailable Powers list looks like the powers used to be unavailable but aren't anymore, since they're crossed out.
@Justin Charming I can't stand psychic mind-readingy type abilities, so if you could refrain from using Telempathy on any of my characters, that'd be great thanks.

Are you going to be able to keep up with the 2 paragraph minimum, though? Because that's a thing here as well, and we're not lowering it. :/

Are you going to be able to keep up with the 2 paragraph minimum, though? Because that's a thing here as well, and we're not lowering it. :/
Probably. I'm only limited in how much I can write when it's a slice of life setting reliant on interaction.

Probably. I'm only limited in how much I can write when it's a slice of life setting reliant on interaction.

Okay.

And Justin ability is Telempathy not telepathy, so its more emotion based and not mind reading.

Okay.

And Justin ability is Telempathy not telepathy, so its more emotion based and not mind reading.
I know, but it can be used to easily determine a lot of things about a character, which is why I don't like it. So many plots have been ruined by Empaths that way because they can instantly find the villain among a crowd.

I know, but it can be used to easily determine a lot of things about a character, which is why I don't like it. So many plots have been ruined by Empaths that way because they can instantly find the villain among a crowd.

Thats true. @VanillaCola what do you think? I must consult the master on this.

Thats true. @VanillaCola what do you think? I must consult the master on this.
Now that that's been said, I can see why it would be a problem. I don't want the future set in stone here, since it'll make the RP a little too linear, so maybe get rid of the telempathy and stick with just telekinesis for now.

Now that that's been said, I can see why it would be a problem. I don't want the future set in stone here, since it'll make the RP a little too linear, so maybe get rid of the telempathy and stick with just telekinesis for now.
There could always be a compromise involved. Perhaps she can identify and read emotions but only if the person is making some kind of visual display of them. That way, someone with a good poker face would be unreadable, while at the same time, the ability is stronger than a normal human's ability to recognise emotions because it can pin down the exact emotion (assuming it's displayed).

Oh damn, real images only. Is a written description OK provided it's detailed?

There could always be a compromise involved. Perhaps she can identify and read emotions but only if the person is making some kind of visual display of them. That way, someone with a good poker face would be unreadable, while at the same time, the ability is stronger than a normal human's ability to recognise emotions because it can pin down the exact emotion (assuming it's displayed).
That could work too, as long as it doesn't get out of hand and become too OP like full telempathy could be seen as.

Well, we can see what Justin says :)

Bored, not enough time to write a post so... I'll put down my character's abilities. Y'all can help me come up with weaknesses because atm I can't think of many. Might come up with some just from collecting my thoughts though.

1. Gelatinous Body
<character> has complete control over their body. Every cell can be manipulated for various functions:
- Changing the shape of the body
- Regeneration (consumes A LOT of energy, so requires being well fed before it kicks in)
- Moving disconnected cells (like a Slime Mould)
- Redesignating function (eg Calcifying cells to create extra bone, turning fat cells into muscle cells for extra power, turning white into red cells for increased oxygen. Cells vital to bodily function cannot be redesignated.)
- 'Freezing' the state of cells, allowing them to survive tremendous force. (cannot be used while differentiated, so cannot act as armor or anything)
- Reverting cells to an undifferentiated state (negates original function, so doing so will mean essentially instant death of the complex form as cells cease working together)

2. Explosive Altruism
<character> can generate explosions at will by atomically converting stored material into explosive matter. This matter can only be generated within the body. Materials for nuclear bombs can be made in theory, but the radiation/acidity is far too dangerous and negates the effects of Gelatinous Body. Additionally, the mechanical parts of atomic bombs cannot be made - only the plutonium/hydrogen itself. Combined with ability 1, this can be used for:
- growing sacrificial protrusions and using them as explosive projectiles
- Creating a 'last resort' explosion within the body, sacrificing the complex form in the process.
- Given long amounts of time, secreting explosive materials to make normal TNT/Gunpowder/C4/other explosive.

Bored, not enough time to write a post so... I'll put down my character's abilities. Y'all can help me come up with weaknesses because atm I can't think of many. Might come up with some just from collecting my thoughts though.

1. Gelatinous Body
<character> has complete control over their body. Every cell can be manipulated for various functions:
- Changing the shape of the body
- Regeneration (consumes A LOT of energy, so requires being well fed before it kicks in)
- Moving disconnected cells (like a Slime Mould)
- Redesignating function (eg Calcifying cells to create extra bone, turning fat cells into muscle cells for extra power, turning white into red cells for increased oxygen. Cells vital to bodily function cannot be redesignated.)
- 'Freezing' the state of cells, allowing them to survive tremendous force. (cannot be used while differentiated, so cannot act as armor or anything)
- Reverting cells to an undifferentiated state (negates original function, so doing so will mean essentially instant death of the complex form as cells cease working together)

2. Explosive Altruism
<character> can generate explosions at will by atomically converting stored material into explosive matter. This matter can only be generated within the body. Materials for nuclear bombs can be made in theory, but the radiation/acidity is far too dangerous and negates the effects of Gelatinous Body. Additionally, the mechanical parts of atomic bombs cannot be made - only the plutonium/hydrogen itself. Combined with ability 1, this can be used for:
- growing sacrificial protrusions and using them as explosive projectiles
- Creating a 'last resort' explosion within the body, sacrificing the complex form in the process.
- Given long amounts of time, secreting explosive materials to make normal TNT/Gunpowder/C4/other explosive.

I'll be happy to help when I get on my laptop. Those look good though. I know White -- Chocolate was playing with the idea of a char shifting a part of her body. But she hasn't confirmed yet.

I could just have my char only be able to read the emotions of people that let her in, so people with Guards up around their emotions wouldn't be able to be read. Wouldn't make sense for her to have Empathy as a power if the person visually shows their emotion, that's dumb, so if a person had their guard down my char can read their emotion, that should be good enough.

So are my powers accepted so I can work on char?

@Karakui we already had this discussion in another rp when my char had empathy as a power and the same thing with only be able to read the emotions of people that let my char in... so you should know that I wouldn't be going around reading emotions to "ruin" plots or whatever, if I wanted to do that I wouldn't be in the freaking rp.

If there is room, i would like to join or reserve a spot. :) Character, well, depends on me mood after me workplacement for the rest of the week but it may be a case of next weekend, up, it is.

I could just have my char only be able to read the emotions of people that let her in, so people with Guards up around their emotions wouldn't be able to be read. Wouldn't make sense for her to have Empathy as a power if the person visually shows their emotion, that's dumb, so if a person had their guard down my char can read their emotion, that should be good enough.

So are my powers accepted so I can work on char?

@Karakui we already had this discussion in another rp when my char had empathy as a power and the same thing with only be able to read the emotions of people that let my char in... so you should know that I wouldn't be going around reading emotions to "ruin" plots or whatever, if I wanted to do that I wouldn't be in the freaking rp.

I agree. I think that works fine. @VanillaCola Thoughts?

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
Thanks cool, going to post in here and when OOC is up going to put in there, if that's cool^^
And working on Rosemary's post for other rp as well^^

If there is room, i would like to join or reserve a spot. :) Character, well, depends on me mood after me workplacement for the rest of the week but it may be a case of next weekend, up, it is.

Right now we have four players, I think. But if someone doesn't come through or whatever, we will let you know. :) unless @VanillaCola wants to open it up to more players

Status
Not open for further replies.