Futurisic Fifties

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Weaverella

Original poster
I would like to try making a roleplay set in a world where radios and jukeboxes still reign over the populace and where hover cars and sanitized living spaces are commonplace. The futuristic dream of the fifties, where man explore the galaxies and glamour is the norm.

I think it would be interesting to take the control of a family each and play out their lives from year to year, a mix of life simulation and a miniaturised nation roleplay if you will. We would each start with a young couple, recently married, and would start in the same neighbourhood,the same street, even. Each round would be a year, and would start with a radio broadcast of what happened that year, the trends that will happen the following year (like the economy, fashion or even expected explorations into space).

Finally, each of us would choose how to portray the following: A social event with at least one other family, a typical evening conversation around the dinning table and finally an event that would affect everyone the following year or even longer. We would then each take turn at doing the annual radio broadcast, taking into account what happened that year and throwing anything we may want that is not roleplay breaking in the mix to spice things up.

I think this would be interesting, and was wondering who would be interested in putting the effort to do this as a small group with me.

I think this is a very interesting concept and deserves some attention; I am a gamer, and I love some of the universes portrayed, and when I think of 'Futuristic Fifties' my mind inevitably draws the conclusion of Fallout, hence why this appeals to me.

Unfortunately, I've never been very keen on 'rounds' and nation RP because it tends to be very complex and oftentimes confusing for me, so my experience there is very limited. However if more people would like to give this a shot and someone wouldn't mind helping me to adjust, I'd be very willing to try this out.

Well, this is a very tentative version, it could be tweaked to be more steam-lined on demand, so do not be afraid to suggest alternatives :)

Also, I also had Fallout in mind when plotting this out... but then again I only played the third instalment and very briefly at that... the mutated wildlife is scary as heck!

Status
Not open for further replies.