Furuzeki Warzone IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hmmm. So it moves like a roulette wheel." Hotaru repeated.

She placed one of her hands on her glasses and then raised it up and down. This was a tick that she had when she was trying to grasp at a concept. Hotaru could only visualize a literal roulette wheel that was based upon a series of trope super powers she knew about or could at least grasp at. This obviously was not how Yuri's powers worked.

"Umm, I think I understand. You're like a lightening rod. You absorb certain powers based on a certain set of conditions. Yeah. That's certainly possible. Hasn't happened much in this warzone...However, that means if we can figure certain triggers or patterns...Yeah! You could easily be the most powerful magical girl in this city. We'll need all the help we can get since both my old teammates and your best friend are out to get us...."

"Seems like a lot of trouble two girls have to settle, doesn't it?" Yuri said with what she hoped was sounding humorous. They where going to need to keep their wits, and humor would help. Or so Yuri thought. "I guess the question is, how do we stop everyone, or is that too big of a goal?" She wanted to survive, sure, but there was more than survival at stake. Revenge! No, Yuri was sure revenge would do nothing than cause more misery. The misery had to stop, they had to stop it.

"Also, what do you know about these creatures. The monkey, and the others?" That was something else she knew from the ghosts, the various mascots that got them involved in this war. The ones that acted like friends, or advisors, or generals. Each girls perspective of them was so varied, that Yuri had a hunch that they were all being manipulated, and that made Yuri worry that they did not have a two prong war but three. Where was her old copy of the Art of War? It was time that she actually read it. And here she had thought it had been a stupid present from her Grandfather.

"Stopping the war, huh?" Hotaru asked, sounding a little surprised. She hadn't put much thought into it. Could such an affair even be ended?

"Well...." Hotaru mumbled. "It could be possible to put an end to it. I'm not really sure though. We'd have to play both my old teammates and Miaka off of each other. Maybe, let her defeat them. Without any major foes, she'll probably be considered the winner of the conflict. At least as far as I know, that should end this thing. We're not considered either side any longer."

She then adjusted her glasses before talking about the mascots. "I caught that stupid monkey talking to someone that seemed to be a higher up. They had white hair and yellow eyes. When I pressed Saru to speak, he just said something about the "Whites." When he didn't say anything else about them; that's when I lost all trust in him after my friend's death. If there is something bossing those losers around; well, I don't want to even think about them!"

The girl was hunched over, hair falling over her face as she sat with her knees drawn up to her chest and her arms around them. Her room was even more of a mess than usual and her bag and clothes lay discarded, her underwear being the only thing keeping the chill from her skin. Still she didn't notice or if she did she didn't care. She stared the the shrine before her, anger and sadness being the first things she'd felt strongly in a long time. One of those... assholes had gotten a hold of Yuri.

"You will kill them all, right? No matter who they are. Remember the plan." her mentor's last words to her rang in her ears before she turned sharply, and in the direction the voice had come from sat the fox, head cocked to the side.

She grabbed a shoe and raised it, tempted to throw it at the creature who had seemingly cursed her to kill best friend... ex best friend... if she was really one of them, which she refused against all proof to believe. "No... it's their fault..." she breathed, dropping the shoe and re-hugging her knees.

"Kill every single one of them... no matter who they are... I have done this for so long... now I have one favor to ask you. Kill the monkey. Before it..." she stopped talking, the only movement in the room the tails of the fox slowly moving from side to side. "Yes, I know... the plan, we're not ready we're still looking for... I know... UGH..." she buried her face in her hands. "You ask too much from me sometimes... but in the end... it won't really matter, right?" her voice raised in pitch as she spoke that last like as she fought to keep it under control and she sniffed, wiping her nose with the back of her hand and then she grabbed her shirt to bed the corner of her eyes.

"Then I don't have any time to lose..." she tossed the shirt aside and stood, and for the first time the fox moved and made a sound, a small whine while raising a paw. "Of course... forgive me..." Miaka reached out and plucked a bag of boiled rice up and tipped it out into the bowl in the shrine, the fox springing forwards to devour the offering a moment before blue light filled the room and Miaka was replaced by the witch, the stone-faced assassin. "I will wait for her... where I said I would."

It had been a beautiful afternoon, but when Yuri and Hotaru left the appartment, the sun was playing peek a boo from behind swiftly moving clouds. Yuri tried to not let the shift in weather feel as though something ominous was about to occur. That feeling was already well established despite the sunny day she had been enjoying before now.

Hotaru was guiding where they were going, patrolling she had said. A variety of images had filled her minds eye of patrols, from the tedious to the exciting, and glimmers of the end, each end, but it wasn't focused, it was just part of the random memories the ghosts were having about their lives as magical girls.

Then there were Yuri's own thoughts, even if Hotaru did not want to think about who might be bossing around the mascots, she did. After all she did not get involved to be a soldier in this war, a wish granted for power as a pawn. That was an uncharitable thought and felt guilty that it had leaked over to the ghosts, but she was surprised to find affrimation from them. They felt like pawns. Some of them did not regret their wish, but all felt used. On a busy street Yuri asked her partner, "Do you feel used too?"

"I did." Hotaru then forced her hand into Yuri's and forced her fellow to move at a faster pace. "We have to get away from the masses. Whomever is following us probably knows these unwritten rules as well. I don't recognize this signature. As far as I know, because of Miaka both warring parties have seen a massive downfall in numbers. This could be an older girl.

"Since you don't seem to know whatever ability you have I'm going to keep you close. I might have to do some high leaps. If it comes to that I'll have to princess carry you. I can't risk you getting injured yet."

It was just a few minutes before the police curfew would be enforced, so Hotaru had taken Yuri to a parkside nearest to the river in the center of town. It was mostly an industrial area. Few people bothered coming this way.

"They are near." Hotaru said. She then closed her eyes and she instantly was in her combat uniform. It still looked more antagonist based than happy heroine.

After she transformed the air around the two girls became thick with a surreal purple cloud. It smelt of ink. When Hotaru attempted to touch it, the ink fog just melted to the ground, much like that famous painting of the melting clocks.

"Illusion-based powers?" Hotaru thought aloud. "Stay close. I don't recognize this magical girl. I doubt she's new...This power is definitely traditionalist Japanese. Almost like an ink painting..."

"I'm impressed you recognize the art style," a voice said. Like foliage being pulled back, in direct view but a good distance away was a girl in what looked like a short kimono without sleeves. She was filing her nails and looked at the two of them. "But just because you understand what art is, doesn't mean you know how to work with it.

The file in the girl's hand became a paint brush and she made a few motions in the air. Then to their right, a picturesque river started to form and rush at them. Cherry blossom trees cropping up on either side of the river's bank, approaching nearly as quickly. "Look out!" Yuri called as she pushed Hotaru forward before either water or tree caught her partner unprepared. Water, rushing white waves, there was a ghost who was going to feel completely in her element here.

"Of course, I know what the art style is. I went to private schoo-" Hotaru was going to rebuff the magical girl but she was pushed out of the way by Yuri.

She stumbled forward, ungracefully. Then tumbled, until she fell flat on her face. Hotaru growled. Hotaru then quickly jumped to her feet and realized that Yuri was mostly going to get swept around the fake river.

"Nooooo!!! Choke on this!" Hotaru shouted as she raised both of her hands. Soon black puffs of smoke shot out of her hands, firing towards the aggressor. It probably wouldn't do much, other than make both Yuri's and her own movements somewhat more obscure.

The magical artist moved to block what she thought was going to be a heavy attack and was surprised enough to choke on the intake of air she sucked in. "You aren't.." she coughed some more and tried clearing her throat. "Going to escape that easily."

"You know," said Yuri's familiar voice, though there was something off about it. "This is less like a river like I thought." Yuri who had been swept away moments before was now swimming back onto the bank of the new formed river. At least the magical girl coming out of the water had to be her. "It's all inky!" She rang out her hair and skirt to emphasis the fact once her feet were on solid ground. It was water, but it was black. "I think she's all washed up now though." Yuri held her hands up to the sky, cupped and there was a distant sound of rolling thunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.