2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Hello, Iwaku!

I'm Kitti, one of the administrators of the site, and I know a lot of you are probably wondering: what's going on with the search function? When the search is down, it's a massive pain in the butt for everyone so I completely get where you're coming from with that and this ties in to what this announcement is about. You might also remember the announcement that the blogs would be put to rest soon and are wondering about the changes mentioned with it.

To put it simply: Iwaku needs an update. Until now, we've been trying to strike a balance and keep old addons even though they've lacked support for nearly a decade but sadly the time has come that in order to keep going forward with some of the shiny, beautiful addons that are upgrading to the new software, we have to upgrade too. In addition to this, the normal upkeep on the site takes money, like licenses for shiny features (clans, post ratings, and some private message stuff among others) that aren't included in the basic software package.

In order to pay for the upgrade and the license fees, we're going to be holding a fundraiser from
August 1, 2018 (today!) until August 22, 2018.

If we reach the cap of $5000 early, the fundraiser will celebrate an early completion and end. If we don't meet the goal for update funds, we will extend the deadline for one week.
The goal for the fundraiser is $2000 and we're going to once again be offering fun shenanigans and prizes to spice it up and make things more interesting.

Having learned from last time, we've made some milestones go above the goal too (and a threat that Diana is going to abuse your money if you start getting into amounts that she'll have to explain to the IRS). Note that many of the prizes can be gifted but anything gifted (or transferred) to another member is a final decision. That is to say, you can't change your mind about it later should you two having a falling out, etc.

[glow=yellow]FUNDRAISER GOAL: $2000[/glow]

RAFFLE EXPLANATION

For every ten dollars donated, you will receive a numbered raffle ticket. These tickets are non-transferable and will enter you for a chance to win one of several special prizes. In the event that you win, your prize is able to be transferred to someone else of your choosing with the understanding that this transfer and prize are NOT refundable. At the end of the fundraiser we'll do a live drawing of names out of the hat. Each gift card prize is $20/$25 depending on the availability.

These tickets will be numbered and at the time of the drawing, Kitti will select the winner of each prize one at a time live in a Discord call. The results will also be announced in thread for anyone who can't participate and Diana or Kitti (depending on the prize) will be in contact with the winners to obtain information.

All members who donate over $20 (2+ raffle tickets) will receive a fabulous illustration by the one and only Jorick as a guaranteed prize. The donator will get to choose the inspiration for these illustrations but the manifestation of it is at the whims of artistic license. The art is quality guaranteed in that Jorick guarantees that it won't be quality.

The list of potential raffle prizes and the benchmark at which they unlock is as follows:

$500 - 1 winner (total) will receive a gift card to the online shop of their choice.
$1000 - 2 winners (total) will receive a gift card to the online shop of their choice.
$1500 - 3 winners (total) will receive a gift card to the online shop of their choice.
$1750 - 1 winner will receive a yearlong custom username color on Iwaku (please read benchmark for more details and restrictions).
$2000 - 4 winners (total) will receive a gift card to the online shop of their choice.
$2500 - 1 winner will receive a hand painted 20x24 owl with shiny owl butt sent by snail mail.
$2750 - 1 winner will receive one surprise envelope of candy items from Sweden (please see benchmark for details).
$3000 - 1 winner will receive a hand painted 20x24 painting of two owls doing something creepy and weird sent by snail mail.

Top 3 Donators:

Astaroth will edit and give feedback (grammar, spelling, writing style, and flow) on one of your written works. This reward is transferable. (Timeframe for this variable depending on the works that end up being selected, max word count 10k words)

Diana will mail each of the top 3 donators a 12x12 owl painting in the colors of their choice. This prize is able to be transferred to someone else of your choosing or given as a gift for another person with the understanding that any transfer is final.

BENCHMARK PRIZES

$500 Benchmark
Yay! We've paid for all the necessary software updates and required new purchases.

Rewards
- All Donators get 1 months of Donator Privileges. (Can be gifted.)
- 1 Lucky Raffle Winner will receive a gift card to the online shop of their choice. (Can be gifted.)

$1000 Benchmark
We have now covered our domain fees and part of the server hosting costs.

Rewards
- All Donators get 3 months of Donator Privileges. (Can be gifted.)
- All members on Iwaku can request a hastily drawn owl in crayon on questionable paper by Diana sent to them via snail mail.
- 2 Lucky Raffle Winners will receive a gift card to the online shop of their choice. (Can be gifted.)

$1300 Benchmark
Make it rain!

Rewards
- Template Code Bundle. Nemopedia, rissa, Elle Joyner, and darkflames13 release a variety bundle of template codes for free community usage.

$1500 Benchmark
Iwaku is paid for almost a whole year!

Rewards
- All Donators get 6 Months of Donator Privileges. (Can be gifted.)
- 3 Lucky Raffle Winner will receive a gift card to the online shop of their choice. (Can be gifted.)

$1750 Benchmark
So close, you can taste it.

Rewards
- 1 Lucky Raffle Winner will receive a yearlong custom username color on Iwaku of winner's choice (with exceptions for colors that are too similar to existing usergroups or are illegible on any of Iwaku's styles). Should you already have a custom color from some other event, this prize is stacking.

$2000 Benchmark - GOOOOAAAL!
Iwaku is 100% covered in all costs for the next year.

Rewards
- All Donators get 1 year of Donator Privileges. (Can be gifted.)
- 4 Lucky Raffle Winners will receive a gift card to the online shop of their choice. (Can be gifted.)
- All Donators will receive a trading card sized painted Owl by Diana sent via snail mail. (Can be gifted.)
- Top 10 Donators can have a custom ribbon that says something cool for 6 months. (Can be gifted.)
- Top 3 Donators will receive a 12x12 hand painted Owl by Diana sent via snail mail. (Can be gifted.)

$2500 Stretch Goal
Why are you still giving us money.

Rewards
- 1 Lucky Raffle Winner will receive a hand painted 20x24 owl with shiny owl butt sent by snail mail. (Can be gifted.)

$2750 Stretch Goal
Darlings, you're spoiling us.

Rewards
- 1 Lucky Raffle Winner will receive one surprise envelope of candy items from Sweden, selected and shipped by Kitti. Estimated value of $20USD. (Prize can be gifted to a willing recipient with the understanding that any transfer is final)

$3000 Stretch Goal
It's all downhill after this one.

Rewards
- 1 Lucky Raffle Winner will receive a hand painted 20x24 painting of two owls doing something creepy and weird sent by snail mail. (Can be gifted.)
- Diana will make a top roleplay listings site and IWAKU gets to suggest and vote on what it's animal mascot will be!

$3,162.74 Stretch Goal
Just kidding, not all downhill after 3k, this is the best prize of all!

Rewards
- For topping last year's fundraiser donation total, Iwaku will be rewarded with a glorious site style called Clown Fiesta, created (begrudgingly) by Diana. See this post and those that follow for a more detailed explanation of Clown Fiesta.

$4000 Stretch Goal
Stop it! We don't need this much money!

Rewards
- Top 5 donators will receive a handwritten thank-you note from Kitti alongside a small handmade craft.
- The word limit for Astaroth's Top 3 Donator prize doubles (see Top 3 Donators section for other details).

$5000 Stretch - NO DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY
Diana is abusing your donations and buying a brand new refrigerator that has water and ice in the DOOR and a matching microwave for her birthday. She'll take lots of pictures. THANKS IWAKU.

[glow=green]DONATE HERE[/glow]

Donations not made through the fundraiser page (which can also be found in the sidebar) won't count toward the goal.​

Last edited by a moderator:
ARE YOU READY FOR 1000 POORLY DRAWN ANGRY CRAYON OWLS. (◉◇◉)

Oh right, I prepared a sales pitch for my fantastical art. *clears throat and pulls out notecards*

Hello Iwaku people. You are being given a marvelous opportunity to donate to support a site you love AND to get a piece of art made by me, Jorick. Some of you may have seen me talk about my utter lack of artistic talent and say that my only good creative skill is writing, but I have been a blind fool. I have spent entire minutes practicing my MS Paint drawing skills (mouse only, tablets and such are for hacks) and I am ready to share my work with the world. What I lack in experience, skill, and taste I make up for in sheer audacity. My art will make you say "oh my god, I can't believe he actually posted that garbage and called it art," but to that I say DAMN RIGHT I DID! For the absolute bargain price of $20 I will draw anything you desire, with the Jorick Tried™ Quality Guarantee: if you aren't satisfied with the work, you'll get a full refund Jorick will shrug and say "whatever, I tried." Act fast, supplies aren't limited but I mean do it anyway so you don't procrastinate and then forget like a dummy and miss out on this probably once in a lifetime chance to get art made by Jorick, the unequivocally best admin ever.

Come on guys, depose me as top Donator, I don't want to edit for myself.

Come on guys, depose me as top Donator, I don't want to edit for myself.

Deposed.

First person to reply with a poem (minimum 8 lines) represents me for the purposes of raffle tickets.

Poem theme is: Jorick is gay (And That's Okay!)

Deposed.

First person to reply with a poem (minimum 8 lines) represents me for the purposes of raffle tickets.

bruh you crazy

But it's a beneficial kind of crazy, so I guess more power to you. And bring on the poem. 8D

It's been less than a day and we're already at $500....

Wow

At the least this time Diana isn't buying a car.

*Disappointed that we don't get to mess with admins pictures and signatures* But yay for 500 goal!

*just realized shizuo donated 500*

@Shizuochan how can you afford that? I can barely buy myself ice cream rn

At the least this time Diana isn't buying a car.

We ended up stealing my father in law's car, so car purchase was unnecessary this year. 8D This year my microwave and fridge died. >:[

I'VE ALREADY PICKED OUT MY NEW FRIDGE JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW. IT'S A BEAUTY.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Astroblaze
We ended up stealing my father in law's car, so car purchase was unnecessary this year. 8D This year my microwave and fridge died. >:[

Well at the least you got a car. Let's just not give her enough to go hog wild again XD. Who knows what will happen over the 5000

Challenge accepted.

I'd better get that custom username color or I'm gonna be salty af

• Haha
Reactions: Astroblaze

Do you got a fridge and mircrowave set up to steal if we don't reach the goal?

Jorick is gay (and that's okay)
Lady Gaga claims he was born this way
Though whether she's truly a source of repute
Is something I'm sure you could quickly dispute
Regardless, an admin's sexual inclination
Ought not to be the subject of indignation
So long as he runs this place with efficiency and poise
Who cares if he's super into cat boys?

Do we have to donate an absolute minimum of ten dollars? I'd like to help, but dollars are too expensive in my country. I don't mind not having a ticket for the raffle, I'd just like to be able to help :(

Do we have to donate an absolute minimum of ten dollars? I'd like to help, but dollars are too expensive in my country. I don't mind not having a ticket for the raffle, I'd just like to be able to help :(
I believe you need 10 dollars to get a raffle ticket but not to help

• Useful
Reactions: Isho13
  • Useful
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti and Isho13
.....I don't quite have $10 right now, but I might later. Would it count if I donated small amounts at a time? Or do I have to donate $10 all at once?

Would it count if I donated small amounts at a time? Or do I have to donate $10 all at once?

It all accumulates! If you donate multiple times during the event, it all gets added up to see your total amount, so we can do the donator rankings and hand our the prizes.

It all accumulates! If you donate multiple times during the event, it all gets added up to see your total amount, so we can do the donator rankings and hand our the prizes.
Oh, cool! I don't know if I'll be able to donate quite that much, but I'll see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.