Full Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Layla was having a wonderful time working with Andrew. She learned quickly, and knew this would be a job she could do her homework during. Andrew was gentle, correcting her softly when she made a mistake and never yelling at her. The fact that someone so strong was being so careful with her made her heart start to thump in her chest. However, she had to slow it down. No, it was far too early to try and get attached romantically. So, she kept a friendly atmosphere with Andrew, chatting about things in between customers and other work tasks. After a while, Mark came down with a big smile. "So, how are you two lovebirds doing?" He smirked as he leaned on the desk, waggling his eyebrows. Seeing Layla's blush and slight fearful look, he laughed. "Ah, don't worry I'm only kidding. Nah, I was just wondering if you two would like to take these tickets to the opening of some new science museum. My previous ex liked all that science junk, but I'm not too interested. So, how's about it?" He took two tickets out of his pocket, waving it in front of Andrew and Layla.

After hearing about the science museum, Layla's eyes lit up. Turning to Andrew, she unconsciously gave him a puppy dog look. "Would you like to go with me? Please? I've been waiting forever for our town to get a science museum, and I'd like to see what they've got." She could practically see the different exhibits based on scientific and engineering studies. Oh if they had a chemistry wing then she would be over the moon!

Andrew glared a bit at Mark for his comment. He knew the situation. He shouldn't make those kinds of comments, knowing Layla wasn't comfortable. At least he realized his mistake and changed it quickly. As soon as he heard they were tickets to a science museum, he knew Layla was going to want to go. He looked down at him, and when he saw her puppy dog eyes, he wanted to hold her and kiss her. "How could I say no to you?" He asked before realizing what he said. "Especially when you put it that way?" He said making a quick recovery. He couldn't say no to her, but he didn't want her to feel guilty because she had control over him. He took the tickets from Mark and Mark grabbed his hand, looking at the bandaged fingers?

"Dude, what happened? If your wolf really wanted to get out of your room last night, you should have come with us." He said, knowing it he had to have been scratching all night to get this damaged.

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for next month." He said quickly taking the tickets from him, to look at the date on them. It was three days away. "Mark, do you mind watching the hotel while we go?" He asked, to which he agreed.

Mark smiled as Andrew asked if he could watch the hotel. "Of course. Now, I must be going. Don't get into trouble, you two!" With that the wolf left to go back to his room, chuckling as he thought of how the little date the two might go on would affect them. The days went by quickly for Layla as she helped Andrew every day running the hotel. Finally the day came for her and Andrew to go off to the science museum. Layla had gotten up early to get ready, practically scouring her closet to try and find something to wear. Finally finding a loose dress with a large cardigan to go with it, the she-wolf noted with some satisfaction that the bruises that had littered her face were starting to go down. Grabbing her purse, she smiled before heading down to see Andrew. Mark was already at the desk, smiling as he saw Layla come down. He let out a small wolf-whistle, looking her up and down appreciatively. "Damn! You clean up well, miss Layla! If I weren't a loyal friend I might take you for myself!" He smirked as he winked at the she-wolf.

Layla tensed up at the wolf's appreciative comments, quickly becoming self-conscious. This man couldn't mean it! She was carrying someone else's pup, how could insinuate that she looked pretty if she was already claimed in a way. "U-um thank you, I-I guess..." She fidgeted before quickly going to Andrew, almost hoping to hide behind his larger frame. "Can we go now?" She asked, looking up at Andrew.

When the day of the grand opening came, Andrew was a bit nervous. Mark was definitely giving him hints that this could be a trial date. Andrew had wanted to him when he was told it. But when Layla came down that night, he was glad Mark had spoke because he was speechless. She really was so beautiful. He felt under dressed in only a jeans and a basic button up shirt. He didn't really own very many clothes. He was presentable, but she was the one that was beautiful. He was glad when she came over to her. He did smell a bit of fear from her at the comment. He wrapped her shoulders, being slightly protective. "Yeah, we can go." He waved to his friend a bit as he and Layla started heading out. The museum was a bit far away to walk, so Andrew drove. But it wasn't long before they were standing in line, waiting to hand over their tickets, and enjoy the museum.

As they walked into the museum, Layla's eyes lit up. Different hands on exhibits along with demonstrations and littered the floors as she held onto Andrew's hand. It was crowded, so the young she-wolf didn't want to lose the man in the crowd. "Oh wow..." She gasped as she looked around, looking very much like a child in wonderland. Turning to Andrew, she pulled him along as she started to explain different experiments and simple projects that the museum had. At one she smiled as she pointed out how a jar of sand when poured into the water wasn't getting wet. "See, the sand is coated with trimethylsilanol, silicon hydroxide, and an organosilicon compound. These make the sand hydrophobic which means it repels water. So it'll create these little cylinder like shapes when put in water." She showed Andrew, helping him as she smiled at how they were doing the things.

"Layla? Is that you?" The she-wolf froze as one of her former pack members walked up to her. "Oh my God, it is! Where have you been?! We've all been worried sick!" The new she-wolf pulled Layla into a hug, ignoring the scent of fear that quickly started to permeate the air around her. "I can't believe you would just run out on us! With some other wolf no less! We have been searching everywhere for you!" Pulling back, the new she-wolf froze as she recognized the smell that seemed to dominate most of Layla's scent. "Are you pregnant?!" She hissed, not caring that tears were quickly forming in Layla's eyes as she struggled to answer.

Andrew was a bit lost in the museum. He had dropped out of high school senior year. He knew the basic parts of what he was seeing but for the majority of it, he was like a kid. He was glad Layla was having fun though. She helped explain a few things, but she kept using big words that really just went over his head. Not that he was trying to be mean or anything, but he didn't really care what the sand was coated in, he just thought it really cool that it didn't get wet.

When the she-wolf from Layla's old pack came up, he instantly wanted to pull Layla away. The fear she was giving off was messing with his wolf. He wrapped his arm around Layla's shoulder, pulling her closer to him than the other she-wolf, and lightly nuzzled the top of her head. He wanted her to calm down first. He would help with the problem, but he would calm Layla down first. He didn't care what the other woman thought about his protective scent on her. He sighed happily when he felt Layla starting to calm down, and then turned to the other wolf. "Please, I understand that you are worried about Layla. But here is not the time or place to talk about it. If Layla wants to tell you anything, please, wait until after tonight. If not, I just ask you to keep her location a secret, I am not going to let her get into harms way." He said, trying not to sound too rude to the other she-wolf.

The nuzzling helped calm Layla as she let Andrew keep a hold on her. She almost tried to hide from the other she-wolf, watching as her former pack mate nearly growled at Andrew. "I don't care if you think this is the time or place! She has been missing and her scent is too easy to become fearful! She wasn't like that back in the pack." The woman growled lowly, keeping her voice quiet as humans passed the wolves. "I should have brought Rick and Lawrence!" Layla turned her head away at the mention of the names, wanting to just make the woman in front of her go away. "Besides, she's pregnant! The father of the pup needs to know! Unless you-"

"N-no, he isn't the father." Layla finally piped up, watching the she-wolf with watery eyes. "He's just helping me... I'm not going back to the pack." That got the she-wolf in front of her practically livid.

"What?!" The she-wolf growled. "You have to go back! Whoever the father is needs to know so he can take responsibility and take care of you and the pup! The pack isn't going to push you away because of this! So you got pregnant before you mated, that's fine! Just mate with the father and it'll all be fine." The woman crossed her arms across her chest, watching as Layla turned her head away, biting her lip. Sighing, the she-wolf tried a gentler approach. "Look, maybe... Maybe you can just talk with Rick about it?" Layla froze at the mention of the alpha. "He just wants what's best for the pack. I'm not sure about this wolf, though." The she-wolf glared at Andrew, almost challenging the lone wolf.

Andrew couldn't stop his anger from surfacing. His scent was definitely dripping with his anger and need to protect Layla. He pulled her close to him, bidding her face in his chest as he glared right back at the she-wolf. "I may not be the father of the child, but I fully intend to protect and take care of her and her child. Now if your her friend, you would see that what your doing is causing her fear and you would back off. I won't fight you because you are a female, but I will fight anyone who intends to take Layla away from me." He basically barked. He wolf was more in control than he was. And if things didn't stop hear he would lose it. He might even mark Layla as his without her even wanting it. It would keep her safe and with him. He was not going to let her be taken away and harmed.

The she-wolf's eyes widened as the anger and protective scent hit her like a truck. She took a step back before giving a small growl. "Fine! Fine, but I want to know where you're keeping her! I want to visit tonight to make sure it's safe." The woman watched Layla with softening eyes. "I... I'm sorry. She's like a sister to me, I just... I was worried. My name is Kim." The she-wolf took a deep breath as she calmed down. "I wasn't angry at you, Layla... I was just worried. You're part of the pack, you know? I just..."

"If I knew the pack was going to help me then I would have stayed, but Kim I needed to go." Layla turned in Andrew's grip, giving begging eyes to Kim. "Please, don't tell Lawrence and Rick you saw me... Please. I'm trying to help the pack and my baby." A hand fell to her stomach, Layla practically giving Kim puppy dog eyes.

Kim frowned, nearly whining before groaning. "Fine! I won't, but I still need to know where you're staying. Just because you aren't coming back doesn't mean I'll suddenly stop caring about you... Or trying to convince you to consider coming back."

"I own the hotel in this area. Layla is staying and working there." Andrew said, his anger still hadn't dissipated and he wouldn't let go of Layla. He understood that this girl cared for Layla, being a sister in a pack. He had almost forgotten what it was like to have a pack to worry about each other. He had been a lone wolf for too long. "You can come by tomorrow if you really want." He said. He didn't if he should take Layla away from Kim now or no. He wished to just take Layla away for a bit so she could calm down. Once she was happy again and smiling, they could enjoy the rest of the night together, right?

Kim frowned as the wolf moved her visiting date from that night to the next day. "You'll see me tomorrow... She better be perfectly happy and healthy when I come over!" The she-wolf growled, gaining a protective maternal scent. "If she's not then I'm calling Rick over right away, along with Lawrence to help back me up." Not noticing the spike in fear that had flowed into Layla's scent, Kim stalked off.

Layla, despite her desire not to, started to cry as she heard the threat. Sniffling, she harshly rubbed away at her eyes. "I-I'm sorry." She chuckled, wishing she could just disappear. "I don't know why I'm c-crying... It's kind of stupid, isn't it?" She tried to smile, but to no avail as the fear of Lawrence and Rick finding her and forcing her to get rid of her baby scared her nearly half to death. She trembled slightly in Andrew's arms, taking comfort in their protective reassurance.

Andrew pulled Layla a bit closer, letting her hide the tears in his chest. He nuzzled her head, trying to calm her down. "It's not stupid. It is pointless to say you weren't afraid. But I promise you, I will protect you and your child. I won't let you go back to that pack. I would be no match for an alpha, but I would fight him with everything I had if it meant keeping you safe." Andrew smiled as he looked down at her face. He helped wipe away the tears lightly. "Now, we don't want to ruin your beautiful face with tears. We still have a bit more of the museum to see."

Layla sniffed as she let Andrew comfort her, giggling as he wiped away some of the tears away. A little bit of her makeup had been wiped off along with her tears, revealing parts of the fading bruises she wanted so desperately to hide. She smiled as Andrew reminded her of the museum, wiping the last of her tears away. "You're right. Thank you, Andrew." With a last hug, she removed herself from the wolf's grip to lead him through the museum. They managed to make it through most of the museum when they came to a part where a bunch of children were playing with making paper. Layla smiled and started to show them how to do it more efficiently. As she worked a little bit away from Andrew, a man walked up behind the wolf and threw an arm around his shoulder.

"Quite the beautiful wife you got there." The man said, smiling. "Looks like she'll be great with your kids someday." He seemed to hold a familiar scent, but it wasn't exact on where the scent was from. He stood at the same height as Andrew, but was lanky and casual. He slumped a bit, his unruly red hair looking like a mop atop his head. The man watched Layla like a brother would watch their younger sister, a scent of humble pride for the woman seeming to float off of him.

Andrew was so glad to see Layla enjoying herself again. Maybe tomorrow wouldn't be as bad as he thought it was going to be, but even if it was, Andrew would be there to comfort her and protect her. He wouldn't let anything happen to her. Stress wasn't good for her body or the pup in her. He only smiled as she helped the kids work with the paper.

He blushed as the other man called Layla his wife. Yes, he wanted her as his mate, which is basically the same thing. "Ah... No. She's not my wife." Andrew watched her play with one of the kids around the table, smiling and laughing. He was so glad she was feeling better. "Maybe someday she will be, I hope, but she isn't right now." He smiled.

The man chuckled. "Ah, so she your girlfriend? Lucky man, you are. You managed to catch a pretty one." He kept close to Andrew, moving his gaze from Layla to the wolf. "How did you two meet? You don't seem like the kind of guy to just pick her up in some bar." His questions held a sense of assessment. This man was testing Andrew, trying to see if he truly was worthy of Layla if he was in a relationship with the young woman. "Have you been together long? I'd assume so if you hope on marrying her one day." He kept an open air about him, despite the probing questions. He held no signs of ill-will toward the couple. Just a simple curiosity of an older brother type.

"I'm sorry, but no, she isn't even my girlfriend. It was, at least for me, love at first sight. I just know that she is the one for me." He just stared and smiled at her as he talked. Andrew knew it must have sounded crazy to be thinking of marrying a woman who wasn't even his girlfriend, but his wolf knew who he wanted. His wolf really had been taken by her as soon as she walked into the hotel. It could have been the need to protect a pregnant she-wolf, but thinking back on it, it was more than that. His wolf wanted to protect her because he wanted to her. "It is really her story about how we met, so it is not my place to tell, but I can say it was an experience neither one of us expected."

The man laughed as Andrew stated that he wasn't even in a relationship with the girl he wanted. "Ah, well I wish you luck! I know how hard it can be to win a girl's heart."

"Eli?" Layla asked as she walked back toward Andrew and the mysterious man. "What are you doing here?" She smiled as the red head pulled her into a hug.

"Ah, it's good to see you Layls. I was just talking with your friend here. I'm glad to see you though. Been missing seeing you in class every day." The man teased as he poked her shoulder, earning a giggle from the girl.

"Andrew, this is Eli. He's one of my friends from class." She moved to stand next to Andrew. "Eli, this is Andrew. He's been helping me out a lot lately..." She smiled up at the wolf.

Eli smiled, holding a hand out. "Pleasure to meet you, Andrew. Don't you worry none. Layls is the sister I've never had but always wanted." He chuckled.

Andrew was a bit confused by this Eli, but he covered it with a smile and shook his hand, and nodded. He didn't really understand why he would talk about Layla the way he had been before Layla noticed him. If he was a wolf, he would understand the protection of her. Even if he said it was a brother/sister relationship between them, it was still a bit confusing why he would act like he didn't know Layla. But in someways it was sort of reassuring that he had wished him luck in getting Layla to love him, and not to worry about their relationship. "I assume that school will start up soon, if I'm correct, so you don't worry about missing her in classes for much longer." He smiled.

"It's getting late Layla, do you think we should go release Mark from his boredom? We can always come back is you want to." He smiled down at her. His wolf wanted to pull her close and nuzzle her. She smelt of the children she had been playing with, and it smelt good on her. She was going to be a great mother to the pup within her now, and at least one of his own. Andrew almost wanted to slap himself to shut his wolf up. He couldn't be planning out a life with her when it wasn't even certain she wanted to be his mate in the future. All he could do was hope and try, but in the end it was her decision.

Eli nodded as Andrew hinted at Layla it was time for them to go. Giving a smile, he gave Layla a quick hug and Andrew a nod before leaving the two. Layla waved goodbye to her friend before turning to Andrew. "All right, let's go." She smiled and took Andrew's hand, a bold move for her as she led them through the museum back out to the parking lot and towards Andrew's car. Before she got in, she turned to Andrew and smiled. "Hey, thanks for taking me. I really appreciate that you came with me, even if I kind of went all science geeky on you." She blushed as she fidgeted a bit before giving Andrew a hug. After releasing him from her quick affection, Layla hopped into the car and waited the rest of the ride out in silence.

As the duo got back to the hotel, Mark looked vaguely happy as he talked with a man at the reception desk. His smile was clearly strained to Andrew as he heard his car coming into the parking lot, hoping to the moon above that Andrew wouldn't come in and let the man see Layla at the desk. Talking to Mark was none other than Lawrence. The wolf occasionally stopped to sniff around the air, as if trying to catch the approaching scent of the pregnant Layla.

When Andrew pulled up to the hotel he hesitated a moment. He hand had grabbed the keys as if to turn off the car, but something didn't feel right to him. His wolf was yelling at him to drive away, take Layla and get as far away from the hotel as he could. He looked over at Layla, before listening to his wolf. The only time his wolf had been this admit about something was when it was protecting Layla. If his wolf was yelling at him like this, he wasn't going to chance it. And he knew where to take Layla. Just some place quiet, that he though she would like a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.