Full Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Layla smiled as Andrew told her he liked reading. "That's a very good hobby to have. I like reading a lot too, though I tend to like science fiction more. I also like learning more about chemical relationships and just how different atoms work to make the world we have today." The woman smiled before realizing she had just nerded out in front of Andrew. "U-um I really like learning about different chemicals, especially when taking the newly found stuff and turning it into something we can use in real life." She took a bite of her food, enjoying the rich favors. "That's actually what I'm studying in college. I want to be a chemical engineer." She chuckled a bit as she watched Andrew. "Though, a lot of people don't think I can do it... With good reason too." Layla let out a small self-deprecating chuckle as she finished her first plate of food, moving to grab a second serving of food.

Andrew liked when she talking about her schooling. It was obvious that she liked it so much just by hearing her talk about it. When she added her little quib against herself, his smile fell a bit. "Hey, I don't know that much about college life. I... well I dropped out of my senior year of high school, when I ran away from my pack. But I believe that you can do anything you set your mind to. It might be hard, but as long as you put your mind to it, you can pull through." He said, having finished his own first plate and going for his second. "I had a terrible time trying to run this place without any idea on how to do it. But Mark was there to help me. And now this place is considered a four star hotel. You're not alone Layla. If you need help you can ask." He smiled at her.

The she-wolf smiled as Andrew noted that she could have help if needed. "Thanks." The rest of the night went fairly well, Layla talking to Andrew about hobbies and other things the two liked. Eventually the food was gone and Layla was taking the rest of her groceries back up to her room. The night seemed to go peacefully until a knock came on Andrew's door in the middle of the night. Mark stood outside of Andrew's room, holding two large suitcases and a few smaller bags. When Andrew finally opened the door, Mark gestured to his baggage.

"Where should I be putting these?" The wolf asked as he watched his friend. "I don't want to wake her up in the middle of the night, but I can't just leave these in my room. Feels indecent." Mark interrupted before Andrew teased him. "And I know that's weird sounding coming from me, but you've made your feelings about her pretty clear in your scent, buddy." The man smirked before pushing Andrew's shoulder. "Just waiting for you to make the first move."

Andrew was laying on is bed, smiling about today. He loved just spending time with Layla. It had been such a great night and made him like her even more. He couldn't enjoy her company, the things they had in common, even their differences. Andrew couldn't think of a better mate for him. When Mark came in with Layla's bags, he couldn't help but laugh at Mark saying he felt indecent. It was foren in the personality of his friend, but it made sense when he was trying to be careful after he gave his reason. Andrew looked down sadly, letting Mark put the bags in his room for the night. He would not disturb Layla the while she slept. "She doesn't want a mate." He said as he sat back down on his bed. "She knows of my feeling, but she does not wish to have a mate. I understand why of course, but it will take a while for my wolf to retract my feelings." He said.

Mark sighed as Andrew seemed to insist his wolf would just forget the she-wolf after a while. "Look, Andrew, let me level with you. Your wolf, if he really thinks this girl is a good match for you, won't give up on her that easily." He set a hand on Andrew's shoulder and watched him with a stern look. "I know. I've tried. My wolf found this lady who he thought was the best thing since sliced bread, and she went off to go fall in love with another lady. I'm fine with it, but my wolf still whines about her whenever I feel lonely. Wolves don't just forget good potential mates. It's kind of in our programming not to forget." He pulled Andrew in for a side hug with a smirk. "Sides, she didn't say she never wanted a mate, did she? Give her time. Let her heal, then if she's ready ask her out for drinks and take it from there." With a ruffle of Andrew's hair, Mark left the other wolf to go to his own room.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Andrew listened to Mark's words, and kept them replaying in his mind. He watched his friend leave for the night, before laying back on his bed and stared at his ceiling. She had said she didn't want a mate so soon, so that wasn't a definite no. There was still a chance. She did hug him, and feel comfortable around him, didn't she? Dinner had been great, just talking about themselves and getting to know the other. Couldn't that be seen as a date of sorts? Andrew shook his head. No, he was moving too fast. Mark said give her time, and he knew that was what he had to do. He looked over to the bags full of her clothes, Layla's scent seeming so sweet coming from them. He quickly turned his back to them. Even if there was a possibility for Layla to like him in the future, he needed to keep restraint. His last thought before he feel asleep was, the full moon was going to be a big problem for him.

That morning, a knocking awoke Andrew. Layla stood, her hood up in front of Andrew's room while fidgeting. She just needed to get her things and go. Then she could lock herself in her room until the full moon was over. Oh, the full moon. Layla lamented that it had to come so early, yet she couldn't really help it. After waiting a few minutes, Layla knocked again, hoping that Andrew wouldn't be too angry with her for interrupting his sleep. If Mark had just dragged her things into her room, then maybe Layla wouldn't be standing awkwardly in front of Andrew's door so early in the morning. Alas, the she-wolf just waited for Andrew o answer the door.

Andrew had a hard time falling asleep last night. He kept smelling Layla near by because of her clothes. He had half a mind during the night to just shut up his wolf by taking a shirt to just sleep next to. But he wasn't going to do that. He needed to be respectful. So when the knocking on his door woke him, he was not a happy camper. He threw his blankets off him and got up, walking to the door and opening it with a growled, "What?" When he saw who was knocking he gasped quickly. Layla's scent had completely filled his nose during the night, he hadn't been able to tell it was really her on the other side of the door. "Sorry," he said quickly looking down, "I had a rough night." He opened his door for her to come in if she wanted to. "Mark brought your stuff here. He didn't want to wake you up last night, he brought it pretty late. Would you like any help taking it up to your room?" He offered.

The sudden growl caused Layla to quickly back a step away in fear. She wrapped her arms around her stomach as she curled into herself slightly. At Andrew's apology, she stood up straight again as he opened the door for her and offered to help her take the bags up. Seeing that there were more than she could take by herself, Layla glanced up at Andrew before looking down in embarrassment. "I-if it's not too much of a bother, I'd like some help. I would just need help bringing them to my door." There. That way Andrew would hopefully not get completely assaulted by her scent which had only gotten stronger the closer the full moon came. Layla was worried other wolves in the hotel would notice and come to check on her later in the night.

Andrew only smiled as he agreed end to help. But he didn't need to go near her room to know her scent had gotten stronger. He could smell it off her as she stood before him. However, she wasn't the only one who's scent had gotten stronger. Andrew's had as well. As he helped Layla take the bags up to her room, the scent of his protectiveness and want to claim Layla was strong too. Most wolves that passed them kept their eyes down, not wanting to challenge Andrew for Layla, even if they were bigger than he was.

The stronger smells were driving Layla's wolf crazy. Her wolf was practically swooning over Andrew's protective scent, but the second main string to his scent scared Layla. He wanted claim on her, and that smell only brought horrible memories as Layla shrunk away from the other people in the halls. As they reached her door, the she-wolf sighed before turning back to Andrew. "Thanks again for the help. I think I'm just going to stay in my room until the full moon is over... Again, I can't thank you enough." Layla tried to be polite even though she had so many conflicting feelings and hormones running through her body. She wanted to take things slow. Sure she wanted a mate someday, but right now the claim Andrew seemed to emit just frightened her. Yet, she couldn't be so rude as to point out that stupid little fear when he was being so nice, so the she-wolf started to open the door to her room and pull her stuff inside.

"You can always come to me when you need help. I'm always here for you." He said with a smile as he placed the rest of her bag down in her room. He could smell a bit of fear coming off of Layla and he wanted to stay close to her and protect her. But unless she asked for him to stay he wasn't going to force anything. "There is a group that goes out together on the full moon, but I also think it is why for you stay here. I usually stay as well. I just ask your wolf to take care of the room and try not to destroy too much. I know things happen, but try to keep that in mind. And after the full moon and feel okay, I'll start teaching you how to run a hotel." He smiled and waved as he left. His wolf was whining and begging him to return to the room, but he knew he couldn't. His claim on Layla wasn't even legitimate. Layla didn't want a mate at this moment, he really should stop trying to scare off potential mates for her. If Layla wanted him as a mate, she would let him know, when she was ready.

Layla smiled and waved back to Andrew before taking the rest of her things into her room. She locked the door, sighing as she looked around the room. The rest of the day seemed to go far too quickly for Layla as the full moon rose into the sky. Howls filled the night as wolves went out in the night. Small whines filled Layla's room as her wolf worked to prepare the den for the new pup. She took sheets into her mouth, laying them on the ground in a crumpled circle. Once all the bedding had been used, the she-wolf proceeded to lie down in her little circle. She kept a protective curl around her stomach, her ears on high alert. The whines still left her room, wanting company yet refusing to let anyone get anywhere close to her little den.

Andrew's door was locked as well. His wolf was pissed. He could hear the whines of Layla, he wanted to be beside her. He whines as he scratches at the door. He wanted out. He was restless. Sometimes he would walk around the room, lightly rubbing his face in the area Layla's bags had been the night before. He could still smell her, and it only made him want her more. He would growl at the door before to continuing to scratch at it. When morning came, and Andrew woke up in his human body, the door was almost completely ruined and his fingers were bloody. He cursed lightly before going to take care of it. He wished he could stay in his room all day, but he could. He wrapped his fingers tightly before going out to the lobby to start work.

As Layla woke in the morning, she sighed as she saw the disarray of sheets that looked something similar to a nest. After remaking her bed, she quickly went to the shower to start washing off and getting ready for the day. She noted with a pleased look that most of her bruises were starting to fade, her face looking less like a mess as she threw on a large shirt that Andrew had picked out for her when she had come to him. The she-wolf spent the next few hours unpacking her things and setting up the room before finally leaving. She started to head over to Andrew when she saw his bandaged up fingers. Worried, she jogged up to him and tried to get a better look at the injured fingers. "What happened?" Layla wondered if maybe his wolf had done something the night before to cause such an injury. Immediately Layla wanted to start fixing the fingers herself. Knowing that she couldn't do more to help, she contented herself with just looking up to Andrew with a worried stare.

Andrew was having a hard time doing the work, mostly because if he put too much pressure on his fingers when typing up reports, he would be in pain. Thankfully, there wasn't that many complaints of noises last night. Most of them where just and unbearable scratching noise all night long. But it had passed, and wolves were coming back slowly reading to sleep for a day and a night. When Layla came up to him, seeing his fingers he only smiled. "You think this is bad? You should see my door, thing is almost ripped to pieces." He chuckled lightly. It was a pain to get it replaced but it had to be done. "Don't worry so much. I'm fine. How are you after last night?" He asked, not really wanting the attention on his fingers.

Layla frowned as Andrew dismissed his injured fingers and broken door. Deciding to follow along for a bit, Layla answered his question. "It was surprisingly calm. I didn't ruin anything, my wolf just whined a lot." She sighed as she looked over the wolf's damaged fingers. "... Hey, do you think I could help out today? I have my makeup now so I can hide the bruises. Maybe in a few minutes, could you start teaching me how to run a hotel?" The she-wolf looked over at Andrew with hopeful eyes, wanting the man to say yes. If anything, she could help him while he took it as just teaching her the ropes of working.

Andrew was not an idiot. He knew that she wanted to help him because she saw him as injured. True, his fingers hurt if he put pressure on them, he had been scratching at a solid door all night, but he didn't consider himself injured. However, it would be a help to have someone else there. "Of course you can help. I have a bit more typing to do, so I'll just work on that while I wait." He smiled. He wasn't going to deny her help, even if he didn't really think he needed it. Besides, he had said he would give her a job and if she felt able to work, she could.

Layla smiled as Andrew accepted her offer to help. "All right! I'll be down in a few minutes!" With that the woman ran back to her room. After a good ten minutes, Layla came back down, her bruises all but gone. For once she looked like the happy girl in the missing poster that her old pack had been handing out. She was wearing some of her old clothes, a nice green long sleeved shirt and some comfortable jeans. The shirt showed off the small curve to her belly, not baggy and large like the shirts she had been wearing previously were. Walking up to Andrew, the she-wolf smiled. "All right, tell me what I need to do!"

Andrew looked up when he saw her come down, and just stared. The smile, the bruises gone, everything about her, she was so beautiful. It was just like the poster. She was happy, she looked like nothing happened. He was glad to see her like this. She should always be like this. He hoped one day he could make her like this every day. He quickly clenched his fists, trying to stop the images his wolf put in his head, but stopped quickly as it hurt his fingers. He smiled as she came up ready to learn. He showed her the basics of what he was doing on the computer and even let her check a few people in and out. It was a good day, and he was happy to work side by side with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.