INTEREST CHECK Full Metal Alchemist: War torn lands

Approval has been given! I've come up with three plots that should cover most situations that we'd like to try.

Plot Option 1: Conspiracy Discovery

The plot for my first idea would take place in the original FMA: Brotherhood timeline. The basic plot summary would involve a small group of State Alchemists, Soldiers, and Civilians (our characters, whoever they might be) happen to witness the fleeing Homunculus Envy, as he escapes after firing the shot that starts off the Ishvalan Civil War. At least a few of our ever loyal characters would likely take this information to their superiors, bringing the wrath of their higher ups within the military down upon them, who work for Father, and were a part of his conspiracy theory. This will start a chain of events that leads to the witnesses fighting for their survival. They are sent to fight in the Ishvalan Civil War, and while there they would need to fend off the Ishvalans, secretive attacks from their own superiors, and the occasional Homunculus assassination attempt. The majority of the plot would center around them working together to strive for their mutual survival while discovering whatever they can about this strange situation, and fighting in the war all the while. They are ultimately doomed, for there would be no escape once Father turned his full wrath upon them, but it would give the opportunity for the emotional, romantic, and heart wrenching story and death scenes that only a risky plot like this could bring. (they'll all be long, long into the story, assuming nobody makes silly alchemy mistakes and rebounds themselves into a hospital)

Plot Option 2: Timeline 3

The 2nd option that I thought of would be a 3rd timeline for the events of Full Metal Alchemist. In this third timeline, most of the characters from the series never came into being, for various reasons. Our characters would take their places, earning places of power in the military through their own unique ways. The plot would consist mostly of a reenactment of the Ishvalan Civil War, in which the actions of the players themselves would change the course of events, and bring about drastic changes in the future of the FMA world, based on their decisions.

Plot Option 3: Less-Risky-Plot 1+2-Combo-Pack

The third Plot option that I figured would work, in case neither of the other two appealed to anyone, is a simple story in which our characters fight in the Ishvalan Civil War alongside the heroes from FMA: Brotherhood. Colorful faces like Roy Mustang, Riza Hawkeye, and Alex Louis Armstrong making cameo appearances. This would offer a bit more freedom, characters wouldn't need to worry about anyone hunting them down, other than the ishvalans, and they'd be free to go or do just about anything that they like. (the only problem with this one being that it won't really go anywhere other than into the issues that we know from information on the Civil War. So there won't be any real climax or ending to it.)

Some things to keep in mind-

Regardless of the option that we go with, all Alchemists will be given a philosopher's stone, since all powerful alchemists were given one during the Ishvalan Civil War. However, each time a philosopher's stone is used, a piece shaves off and fades away. If the stone runs out from overuse, it will need to be replaced in order for 'rule breaking' to continue. If the stone is damaged, it can result in rebound, which can lead to disastrous consequences.

The three fundamental sequences of Alchemy Must be obeyed. Even with a philosophers stone, all alchemists must understand Comprehension, Destruction, and Reconstruction (more information here - http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy) If your stone should break, or run out, you must then also obey the laws of equivalent exchange.

Transmutation Circles. Alchemy cannot be performed without one, which must be drawn based on what you are transmuting. Most Alchemists keep a symbol for their most commonly used transmutation material, or their theme, somewhere on their body. (drawn on gloves, or clothing, carved into metal, or gauntlets, etc.) If you don't have one, you have to draw it. (for the sake of this just being an rp, you don't actually have to know it. but you have to keep in mind the time it would take to draw the circle while fighting.)

And that's everything. I know Krolik and I are secretly rooting for Option 1 (neither of us can pass up a good super-dramatic death scene). But you're all free to let me know how you feel about them, and changes can always be made if necessary. All of that being said, i'll be on again after classes tomorrow to see what everyone thinks.

you almost had me comrades. but i'm a sucker for transmutation dudes. (i had a half-thought about a dude who got transmuted with a room ful of cow carcasses to become hulk preportioned whilst watching the series.)

in any case, i'll see if i can think of something less rulesbreaky.

My only rather ridiculous issue with option one - I outright suck at death scenes. The forum I was part of before flat out told me never to do them due to multiple epic fails. The guy running the main RP actually formulated my character's death when I was ready to get out of it... I think that's the only time I had a character die, not a lot of the RPs finished.

My rather ridiculous issue aside, that one sounds best story-wise ^^

I like plot one and two very much. Id probably go around to number one but two is very tempting.

*Chews on the thread*

My character's done.

*goes off to find a picture*

valkyriachronicles2-character1.png

Hmm, perhaps if option one is taken I could create a soldier...time to warm up the biological cogitator

Wonderful, it looks like we're agreed on a plot option then, assuming nobody else has any major objections. Now it's just a matter of posting up the OOC thread and getting our character bios posted up. Assuming it's alright with everyone, I could go take care of that and put up a character bio layout so everyone can start getting their ideas in. Also - I'd be happy to help, Farore, if the situation should arise. Don't feel bad about asking me for help, writing and coming up with interesting ideas are my job, after all. =3

Yay! *bounces round the thread excitedly*

Also, Laha's character looks like me favourite charrie from another anime <3 *has a random squeefit in the corner*

I'm interested too! FMA is amazing, and I wanna know why I didn't see this sooner.

Character notes;Either German or russian, fought in the first word war as a junior officer, somehow transported into the FMA universe, took position in state army, due to old experience rose to a similar position despite lack of alchemy powers.Has made alchemist friend within pc ranks, only disclosed secret to that friend, takes looking after that friend as duty.Takes duty seriously, but due to secret distrusts high command, but keeps such reservations secret.Warm and kind to proven friends, no mercy or empathy for enemies, but will not engage civilians and will defend them if provoked.I know it's a bit iffy, but I think it will flesh out nicely, especially if I downplay outward signs of his dislocation.

Look at our shenanigans! We made it to 3 pages haha!

Character notes;Either German or russian, fought in the first word war as a junior officer, somehow transported into the FMA universe, took position in state army, due to old experience rose to a similar position despite lack of alchemy powers.Has made alchemist friend within pc ranks, only disclosed secret to that friend, takes looking after that friend as duty.Takes duty seriously, but due to secret distrusts high command, but keeps such reservations secret.Warm and kind to proven friends, no mercy or empathy for enemies, but will not engage civilians and will defend them if provoked.I know it's a bit iffy, but I think it will flesh out nicely, especially if I downplay outward signs of his dislocation.

oh god you never saw the new series did you.....

0.0 So many posts...

Anyway, I seriously doubt my ability to make any of the plots work so if anyone wants to be the GM *COUGHBKCOUGH* sorry. If anyone wants to be the GM just ask.

And Fall, do you have a character pic?

Oh sure. It is my story after all, so I'd be happy to. xD

Who's Fall? *confused*

Also, do we need to wear the military uniforms? I gotta come up with customization stuff if so. Also tiny miniskirt. BECAUSE ROY MUSTANG NEEDS TO BE OBEYED.

Also, Ancient. We're also going to be working in the much better written and clearly defined story from FMA: Brotherhood, the newer version of the anime that followed the Manga. So a character idea that followed that would probably be better. Since Brotherhood didn't incorporate any alternate realities and such. If you haven't seen it or read it, that's okay. Just try to keep your character idea a bit more toned down. A soldier in the central military would be fine, but maybe with a bit less world crossing craziness...

And no, I don't believe that state alchemists are required to wear their uniforms. They would have to for important meetings and such, but otherwise I don't think they would have to. Or at least I don't think so, because we never see Ed in one throughout his entire career as a state alchemist. You are free to wear it, mini skirt alterations and all, if that is what you want to do.

Wow, lots of edits.

All of that being said, since It looks like I'm GMing now, I'll go get to work on that OOC thread.

I mean Far... I want to find a pic that has a guy who looks similar to your's.

Also, lighter = flamethrower. And an alcoholic beverage = a good fire maker for my guy.

Pyromanic...

I kinda like number 2.... but.... now that I think about it, 1 is good too.

Oh. I went with the whole ice thing and took it way out of proportion. She's got dark eyebrows so my story is she dyes her hair white. Other than that, she has very blue eyes. I guess that's really the only limitation you got then, huh? Spoiler'd cos the picture is effing massive when it's directly linked. I'll change the character if you can't work with her as the sister type :P

...You realize twins ain't identical all the time, right? *has twin younger sisters that look eff all alike*

Ice_Maiden_by_dark_spider.jpg