Full Metal Alchemist: War Torn Lands OOC/APP Thread

*squeals* now I just need to figure out how to intro her ^^

*plots and bounces*

Now that we've started up I just figured I would put down a few ground rules, basic stuff, but I thought it would be best to remind everyone.

No god modding, of course. Even if you're doing something that you think should work perfectly, there could be outside factors intervening. so just stick to the usual incomplete no-contact attacks that give your opponent (whether GM controlled, or another player) to react. So instead of say, throwing something at someone and having it hit them just where you want it to, say you're throwing it at them in the direction of where you intend for it to hit, giving them time to try to avoid it (successfully or not, they should still have a chance) also keep in mind that your characters aren't invincible. They get hit and hurt just like everyone else, and if they can't avoid something, then they shouldn't be pulling off some crazy matrix moves to get out of the way. If I see anything that I really think is troublesome, i'll call the involved parties out on it in here, or via pm.

Also, I know everyone is really excited that we've finally gotten started, but try not to go too crazy posting. We don't want to have anyone going off on non-story related tangents. So try to keep things minimal while we wait for each 'round' of posting. People are busy, and we don't want them to come back after a hard day at work or school to find themselves a page behind everyone else. As a busy college student it's happened to me many times, and it can be a really frustrating experience. If you really want your characters to have that prolonged conversation (or intimate moment, that may go on for an extended period of time), take it into pms or into a one on one rp, then just let us know what happened when you get back (if it would even involve our characters). that being said 2-3 posts while we wait for each new round to start should be fine, but remember people shouldn't have time for a page long conversation in the couple seconds it takes for other characters to respond, and it can be really unfair to leave them out.

That being said, we don't want to have to hold off too long either just because other people are busy. I usually give people a day or two to get a post up, and if they don't we continue on without them, and they can show up late.

However, this is the first round. So I'd really like to get everyone at least placed in the room before we continue on... so try to get your first posts up, please!

Yay for annoying brothers giving me an entry device *noogies Reven*

I hear you BKWM ^^ Essentially don't go nutso, right? :3 *doodles FMA things to get it out of her system*

Name: Captain Vladimir Portnov

State Alchemist Title: N/A

Sex: Male

Alchemy Specialization: None

Weapon(s): PB silenced pistol (http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/rus/pb-silenced-e.html), SKS Simonov semi automatic rifle, Cavalry Saber.

Gear: Swagger stick with a steel skull for the hand grip, standard officer's trappings.

Appearance: tve68747-2-588.gif though he has a thick black handlebar moustache, and a scar that runs from his left temple down and across the left side of his lips, and his eyes are a piercing stormcloud grey, wears his uniform immaculately, often with a winter regulation greatcoat over the well cleaned and shiny dress uniform.

Personality: Fiercely loyal to his friends, distrustful of higher echelon officers, especially those known for wasting soldiers lives, loathes those that attacks civilians and will shoot them on sight, courageous, stubborn and known for remaining in danger to ensure his men and women are safe, has come under fire more than once attempting to rescue a subordinate

Biography: it is Unknown where Vladimir was born, and the details of much of his childhood are secrets kept only to himself, but what is known is that Vladimir entered the State Service Several years ago as a Sergeant, and his rise to his current rank in such short time is nothing short of meteoric, but there are whispers that he was once a captain in another nations military, though if this is true he refuses to say.

Relations: No Next of Kin, those soldiers directly under his commander respect and admire him, referring to Vladimir as "Comrade Captain Portnov"

Extra Tidbits: if he sees someone attacking civilians, he WILL draw his weapon and fire. no questions asked, no hesitation.

Yeah, that's basically all, Farore. Just make sure everyone has time to post without getting too overboard and there's no problems.

Also, Ancient, you're alright, but since you're not an alchemist you don't need to attend this meeting. I'll find a way to fit you into the scenario soon.

Assuming Portnov wouldn't approve of the soldier's blatantly arguing with the Ishvalan civilians about whether or not they are part of the rebellion, you can have him heading over to berate them before the shooting happens, if you'd like. Otherwise we can find a place for you a bit later in.

Edit: Also, meeting wise we're just waiting on Laharl now. Unless anybody's heard something from him as to why he won't be able to post for whatever reason, we'll give him until tomorrow before we move ahead to the next round.

Im here just have been extremely busy. Ill get a post up either tonight before i zonk out (unlikely) or tomorrow. which is mroe than likely. And that morning would be in like 6 or so hours if youd ont mind waiting >.<

Aparaently TK is Reven's rival for the affections of his sister.

YAY INTER-PARTY CONFLICTS!

Haha, I've gone and done it now, ain't I? Mind you, ish interesting :3

What you dont know is tk is secretly gay for reven! *plot twist!!!!* lol jk

Debating whether to have Eilonwy go hugattack on TK, but that may be a product of my sleep-addled brain.

I'll go snooze for a few hours and see what goes down. If there's more stuff up by then then whee ^^

Bk will be posting after mine so please wait till she does before responding please.

Now to see how everyone reacts to all of this craziness, and whether they follow orders or decide to act on their own. What could possibly happen next?! O.O

If I'm stepping on anyone's tootsies let me know. I'll edit stuff accordingly.

Wow, the spellchecker actually accepts "tootsies" as a word. Did not expect that.

No god modding, of course. Even if you're doing something that you think should work perfectly, there could be outside factors intervening. so just stick to the usual incomplete no-contact attacks that give your opponent (whether GM controlled, or another player) to react. So instead of say, throwing something at someone and having it hit them just where you want it to, say you're throwing it at them in the direction of where you intend for it to hit, giving them time to try to avoid it (successfully or not, they should still have a chance) also keep in mind that your characters aren't invincible. They get hit and hurt just like everyone else, and if they can't avoid something, then they shouldn't be pulling off some crazy matrix moves to get out of the way. If I see anything that I really think is troublesome, i'll call the involved parties out on it in here, or via pm.

Please edit your posts accordingly.

Mmmkie. I figured cos of the regen factor. I'll go fix that.

Sorry if my post is wierd. typed it up when half asleep.