Fugitives Together

K

Kisha

Original poster
attachment.php

She sat in the not-so comfortable chair patiently, her barely muscular legs crossed under a long green evening dress. Her long brown hair was in a tight bun. Karen sighed softly, still waiting for her boss to come back with her results on her latest under-cover mission which involved going to some drug dealer's ball.

Wait...where was her partner? Normally he'd be here with her, eagerly waiting for the boss to come in with a bottle of expensive chapagne in one hand, and a duffle bag full of money in the other.Karen's active imagination came up with several different scenarios of how this would go down.

"Ah, Karen!", Mr.Steiner greeted her as he walked through the open doorway.

"Good evening, sir", she replied respectively.

"So, how'd your mission go?" he asked, sitting in a rather large leather club chair.

"Actually, I was hoping you'd tell me that, sir."

His face became more serious. "Look...Karen, we're letting you go."

"What?!"

"You're a liability. The company has decided; it's out of my hands."

"Wh-what's going to happen to me?", Karen asked shakily.

"Your mind will be wiped, and you'll be returned to your hometown."

"This isn't happening", she said to herself, not believing it. "You're joking, right?"

"No."

Karen stood up, comtemplating a correct reaction to the situation. "How am I a liability?"

"Too many people know about you", Mr. Steiner replied.

"What's going to happen to my partner?"

"He's getting his mind wiped as we speak."

"No. No, you can't do this!", Karn blurted.

"I'm afraid we have no choice", Mr. Steiner said sadly.

"I don't buy it. You and I both know I'm the best agent here, and you're sitting your ass behind that desk telling me I'm dangerous."

"It is what it is. Now, I'm going to need your gun and your badge", he said, holding out his hand.

"You're making a huge mistake", Karen said, pulling her gun and badge out of a small bag strapped to her leg.

Mr. Steiner ignored her as two agents in the typical black suits grabbed her forearms as she walked with them to the basement where they would wipe her memory of the CIA.

Her partner passed by with a silly grin on his face. "No! Fawkes, what did they do to you?!"

"Fawkes? Who's that?", he replied.

He doesn't remember his code name. They really did do it....