fuck all this nonsense

Brovo and Fij really took the words out of my mouth. Your whole rant personally makes me cringe while reading it for multiple reasons, but the whole 'lifestyle' and 'shoving it in your face' things really should be cleared up. I'm an openly gay man. There you have it, me flaunting my 'lifestyle' around. Truth is, we are human and we cannot help being gay, the many of us that are no more than you can help being straight. Maybe I am wrong but love and happiness aren't shoving it in your face but hate and cruelty is shoving into the faces of all.

I do hope you seek therapy of some sort.

Here is my 2 cents

1. None of you are historians, therapists or ministers...so none of you can really say shit about fuck. Echo's life is his life and this is his expression for better or for worse. no pun intended.

2. People need places to feel comfortable to speak their piece and WE CAN PROVIDE THAT FOR THEM!!! if your not here to do that you don't belong in counseling, GET OUT!!! GET THE FUCK OUT!!! LEAVE AND DON'T FUCKING COME BACK!!!! kthanks.

3. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THIS!! OMG HE HATES EVERYTHING, HE IS 18, HE WILL GET OVER IT! let the poor guy vent >:[ CHRIST ALMIGHTY!

4. ECHO, EVERYTHING WILL BE OK, FUCK THEM, GET THAT SHIT OUT AND FLOAT ON BROTHER FLOAT...ON!!! TAKE THIS AS A VALUABLE LESSON THAT NO ONE GIVES ANY FUCKS. Most people only care about themselves, their image, and bullshit that has nothing to do with your life, your emotions, or how you perceive them. No one is going to do you any favors in life.

STILL, everything will be just fine, you keep moving, don't let ANYONE tread on you. Your opinions will change, will evolve, you will surround yourself with happier, better and nicer folk. Your life will change. Now is only temporary and tomorrow always fucking comes. Don't let today drag you down man. You rise up and you take life by the reigns and you live life, feel emotions, Be you!!!
and just try to do right by your fellow man. Try your best try try try and try again until you get it. I'm sorry shit sucks right now, but you can rid yourself of it by making the right choices, by choosing who to listen to, choosing who you want to be, and choosing who you let influence your outlooks on life. Life is all about choices.

Don't let the debates of life distract you from the shit that needs to get done. Focus on school/work/ and making BANK.

Fuck everything else. ~Bro hugs~ I promise you life gets better, but you have to work for it. You can do it.

I believe in you Echo.
thank you ~bro hugs~

thank you ~bro hugs~
tumblr_mah6opO8Xm1qa5hat.gif

I don't have to agree with the the rage or ranting itself to know that Echo is also a human being, that he still has people to meet and paths to walk. Typing walls of text to him now in his time of need isn't going to help him learn tolerance for shit, we are all raised differently and we all live differently.

Sometimes you have to accept someones anger before they can accept the truth about lifes big questions. Debating emotions is like bashing your head against the wall. it will get you know where. You can't debate these things when someone is confused and in an emotional rage over them. They won't learn anything and it will be considered an attack.

What echo thinks today will not be what he thinks in the future and it is Our responsibility to get him there because he made the choice to come to us, he put his trust in us to provide that place for him and respond, with kindness and tolerance. We don't have to agree at all with what he says ,but by practicing what we preach,and not responding with more anger we can make good things happen. Like the same ends of a magnet you will fucking repel. If you want to help people you must learn to attract them, be their opposite in emotion and give them a positive example to live by. I don't think Echo needs therapy, I think he needs decent friends and real people in his life.

This isn't the place on Iwaku to be barking back and forth about lifes Big questions, its the place to help guide lost and confused people to back on the healthiest path for THEM not YOU.

I'm done with this thread, because people are just fighting against Echo or fighting against the people who are upset with Echo. Bye! I hope this thread gets lock and fast.

Believe me, I am too. I would have been stoned to death years ago if not. XD Honestly though, the only reason I say that is because I'm tired of seeing point to certain sins in the bible, yet they quick to forget one of the main morals of the entire book which is not to judge people. Fortunately for me, I don't believe in the bible, so I don't care if I get judged or not. lol
One of the big ones I like to point out is the fact that Jesus Christ supposedly died on the cross for our sins, and by denying non-heteros the right to marriage, you're basically saying that Jesus's sacrifice was not good enough for you; that usually shuts people up. What I'm trying to say here is that it doesn't matter if homosexuality is a sin or not, it does not give anyone the right to treat them like crap for something they can't even help, nor does it allow you to deny them basic human rights, such as marriage; which, as Diana said, is not solely confined to religion. If it was, then how come Atheists are allowed to marry? Why is it that Christians don't give a crap about Atheists getting married, but when you start tossing sexuality into the mix, it suddenly becomes this huge ass deal? That just doesn't make much sense if you ask me.

Ah, but I'm getting off topic, so I'll shut up, for now.

Reactions: LunaValentine
If it was, then how come Atheists are allowed to marry?
That's easy. They're afraid if they try telling us we can't get married we'll shut the rest of their holidays down like we did to Christmas!

I'm kidding about that. I'm an atheist, but I also believe that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, as long as they aren't trying to convert me or shove that shit down my throat. The funny thing is, I was baptized Catholic, with through most of the sacraments required by the religion, including Confirmation, and I don't believe a single damn thing I was taught. However, I appreciate the value in letting other people have their beliefs, I just don't want to hear about it. If I can't spout off how there is no God, people shouldn't be about to spout off that there is one to me. Mutual indifference is preferred, but seldom received.

Reactions: Hatsune Candy
I don't have to agree with the the rage or ranting itself to know that Echo is also a human being, that he still has people to meet and paths to walk. Typing walls of text to him now in his time of need isn't going to help him learn tolerance for shit, we are all raised differently and we all live differently.
One does not teach tolerance through intolerance. One does not learn through hatred or condemnation. At the same time, however, his freedom to speak gives others the same freedom to question what is spoken. He's allowed to have an opinion, others are allowed to disagree with it, and while I prefer it done in a mature manner I can see why some react poorly to the choice of words used. I mean I pointed it out, I'm certainly no Cinderella.

Look, mate (@Echo )--you're in pain. I get that. We all feel pain sometimes, but I encourage you to avoid putting the fault of that pain on other people, especially to the effect of dismissing entire groups of people (ex: LGBT) as "forcing a lifestyle". You need some help, I'm here to listen if you want, though your family, closest friends, or a therapist might be a better answer. Take this following five cents for whatever you value it as.

If you put your state of emotions on other people, you will always be miserable. Always. People will always let you down at some point in their lives, no matter how well intentioned, no matter how much they may or may not care, no matter how cold or empathetic. If you put your emotional stability upon others, you are building a bridge on moving struts. At some point, those struts will move on, and the bridge that is your emotional stability will fall where they once were. It's not that they don't care about you, it's that they cannot stand still--people change, people always change. You change, I change, the world changes. Therefore to place your stability upon a person is placing all your bets on a ship that will sail through different storms. At some point, it's gonna sink. You don't wanna be on that ship.

The only person you can account for in life is yourself. The only person you can totally and absolutely depend on is yourself. You will make mistakes, granted, but they will be mistakes you made, well knowing of the intentions. LGBT people "forcing their lifestyles" on you isn't what's pissing you off or upsetting you--how you're reacting to them is what's pissing you off or upsetting you. They exist, wholly separate of you. How much you interact with them is all on you to decide, and it's up to you to choose to accept them, ignore them, or tell them to piss off. Just be aware that every action holds a consequence: When you tell someone to piss off, their friends won't like you. When you accept someone, their enemies won't like you. When you ignore someone, you'll find yourself completely alone at some point.

If you truly feel like your life is completely out of control, confide in a close friend. Lacking that, go find a life counselor. Not a therapist, a life counselor. These people are like therapists for people without extreme mental disorders or people full of uncertainty. They're trained to help you get your life back on track if that's what you need. If you're attending public education or post secondary, nearly every single one has a local psychiatrist or general medical service area that can help you, or direct you to the people who can.

As for everything else, like whether marriage is explicitly a religious ceremony or not, well... I'm not sure that's wholly relevant to your state of mind at the moment. Focus on the more important things. Petty shit like marriage can come later. When you're feeling better, have a clearer head. When you're not feeling infuriated or depressed.

Remember: Your emotional well being is purely on you. How others choose to express themselves is not something that should so easily send you into an infuriated fit. If that's not nice sounding, well, sorry, but it's the truth. The only one I can really give you right now.

There. Now I was all serious. Now I can skitter off and stare at ferret pictures.

One does not teach tolerance through intolerance.
True, but at the same time it makes it really difficult to try and teach tolerance when it seems like you're talking to a wall. If his rant had been a bit more respectful and mindful of people's feelings and opinions it might not have been received with the same negativity that it was. The problem is, the way he came off was offensive, rude, and sounded ignorant to most who read it. It's common sense. If you go up to someone screaming in their face, 9 times out of 10, they're going to get defensive, it's basic human behavior. When you address a subject that affects people, like depression, it's not right to say things that are offensive. It's like insulting people who get cancer; it's not something that they can control, and if it was up to them they certainly wouldn't have the disorder.

The stigma around mental illnesses and psychological disorders are the reasons why people don't get help. They're too embarrassed to admit that something is wrong with them out of fear of how they will be perceived by people, and it's opinions like Echo's that makes it harder for those people to get the help that they need. That is something that I cannot respect at all, even if it is his opinion. Anything that makes a person feel ashamed for a disorder that they have no control over, it's disgusting.

To me an opinion is someone's point of view given without hurting someone's feelings. I can say that I agree with gay marriage without saying something that insults someone else. (Unless it's one of those crazy people who act like simply because I agree with it, I'm going against the bible and that's an insult in itself. There's simply no reasoning with those types.) I can also say that I feel Echo needs to take some extra lessons in English, Language Arts....whatever the hell schools are calling it these days, without implying that he's an idiot. (No, I'm not saying he's an idiot. But he really should work on his writing if he wants people to value his opinion a bit more.)

In the end, it's not the opinion that matters, it's how the opinion is voiced that counts. If you're going to go on a tirade about what you agree or disagree with, than you should be prepared to have people jump in your shit over it. It's like me going up to my husband, slapping the shit out of him for no reason and expecting him not to get upset.

The stigma around mental illnesses and psychological disorders are the reasons why people don't get help.
I have a mental disorder, believe me, I know about stigmas. I just don't go around throwing that in people's faces. They're allowed to make up their own minds on it: I don't have to agree with what they say, I just have to accept that point of view. Especially if they're emotionally distraught about it.

Essentially: I can prove my points about such things (LGBT, Mental Disorders) better by being the very model of a scientist Salarian good person. I don't always succeed, but I have to try.

Which ties back to: The only person you can control is...

*Waits before calling people drunk and stating the imminent derailment*

Hmm. I believe I was hasty in my single sentence earlier as I was a bit shocked by what I read without first taking hold of what I myself have said and done in the past. Another post got me thinking about this and I can only offer a sincere apology. However many of your words @Echo are not only harsh but seem full of both an anger and haste. It appears something troubles you in a way that only your mind may truly grasp. As with another post, I can only offer my own experience.

Anger was once a good friend of mine. Such a fine and wonderful ally which traveled with me, perched upon my shoulder. It would whisper lies masquerading as truth, lies I would believe with the deepest extent of my heart and soul. I would allow the depression I found myself in to be filled with the madness of the world I found myself sinking deeper into as time trudged on like some army of the damned. Anger became such a friend I found myself in a psychiatric hospital, full of blind rage which knew nothing but to lash out in every direction at every issue at every soul it could target. Indiscriminate anger muddled with sorrow which knew not the difference between friend or foe, as I had forgotten what it was like to have a friend, as so many would not dare approach in either fear of anger or angered by my irrational bouts of madness.

I found my thoughts much like your post. Anger spraying in no particular direction, with no true purpose, no matter how much purpose I wished to label it with. Semantics and conjecture as I soon began to learn. The subjective experience of others, but more importantly the lives of others I can and will never truly know or comprehend. The words and thoughts and feelings which seep from every man, woman and child which either go unspoken or become unheard by those unwilling to listen. Communication is a beautiful tool and you have done that here this day and in turn some of us in a childish manner, including myself, ridiculed your fiery rant with stupidity or ignorance, in this case both are present factors.

Anger is still a strong ally of mine to this day, but it is an ally I use with caution and what wisdom I have scraped together over my short life. Know not what anger may accomplish, for the wounds it will inflict upon your own souls core are like that of the wounds cast about with maggoty remains. Do not berate yourself, no matter the angst which appears to fall so deep it cannot be recovered before inflicting damage beyond recognition. Though I myself may barely be a decade older than you, I can say the last so many years have taught valued lessons I cannot ignore, as you too shall find and overcome those lessons as well lest you become a victim of your own anger.

Once again, I offer my apology and hope that what little advice others and I may offer will be enough to at least prop you up just a little higher and keep you from that pit I know as nothing.

Know that when you fly off the handle in anger, you risk hurting others and yourself Echo. Know that while ranting is fine and dandy, you are still RESPONSIBLE for your actions, regardless of intent. And even if you rant to feel better, if you make others feel worse then you have to allow others to rant back, to vent their hurt. Anything else would be selfish, cold. And for every time you tell someone their depression is just a state of mind, a 'simple' emotion, you exhibit ignorance in your haste to get your own emotion out. Ranting is fine, but ignorance is harmful. Educate yourself, and you'll see what gay people go trough, you'll see the importance of marriage both cultural and symbolic. Educate yourself in regards to Depression, what it does and how its born in people, understand them. If you do, you'll find that many of us are people who suffer in silence most of the time, becouse we are afraid of the reactions from people like you. Do rant when it becomes to much, as carrying to much inside quite ironically, can cause depression. But I implore you but do educate yourself as well. Free speach is a mighty tool to wield so the least you could read the manual.

And listen, from one soul to another; The world is a complex place, we cannot hope to grasp all of it. You do not have the answers and neither do I. I get that, I get that it's frustrating to see "Agendas" and "Opinions" everwhere. But we are all just people man, we try and understand each other, try and better ourselves and try and make things better for those around us in the same situation. I have to disagree with Fijoli, don't just do you, get bank, live life. Do you, do unto others like you do to yourself, get bank, give back to society, live life, enrich other peoples lives. Self centered thinking never helps anyone, it alienates us.

Know that when you fly off the handle in anger, you risk hurting others and yourself Echo. Know that while ranting is fine and dandy, you are still RESPONSIBLE for your actions, regardless of intent. And even if you rant to feel better, if you make others feel worse then you have to allow others to rant back, to vent their hurt. Anything else would be selfish, cold. And for every time you tell someone their depression is just a state of mind, a 'simple' emotion, you exhibit ignorance in your haste to get your own emotion out. Ranting is fine, but ignorance is harmful. Educate yourself, and you'll see what gay people go trough, you'll see the importance of marriage both cultural and symbolic. Educate yourself in regards to Depression, what it does and how its born in people, understand them. If you do, you'll find that many of us are people who suffer in silence most of the time, becouse we are afraid of the reactions from people like you. Do rant when it becomes to much, as carrying to much inside quite ironically, can cause depression. But I implore you but do educate yourself as well. Free speach is a mighty tool to wield so the least you could read the manual.

And listen, from one soul to another; The world is a complex place, we cannot hope to grasp all of it. You do not have the answers and neither do I. I get that, I get that it's frustrating to see "Agendas" and "Opinions" everwhere. But we are all just people man, we try and understand each other, try and better ourselves and try and make things better for those around us in the same situation. I have to disagree with Fijoli, don't just do you, get bank, live life. Do you, do unto others like you do to yourself, get bank, give back to society, live life, enrich other peoples lives. Self centered thinking never helps anyone, it alienates us.
This. Holy crap, just... all of this. If there is anything, anything at all, that you are gonna take away from this thread, @Echo, please, for the love of God, let it be this post right here above me. Trust me, life will become much better for you if you do.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mister_Veeeee