Seductress

Over the top violence!
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
It all depends on what's going on, and my situation.
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
  4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sifi, Apocalyptic, Modern, Horror, Mature, superheroes, steampunk, cyberpunk, furry
p17o9lqbc816cd1sh31j3k1jvp3rc4.jpg

The Coming Winter
281983.jpg

The King Of Old led many a brave warrior. His legend was true to the truth, and chilling to the bone. It had been said that he led an army of one thousand houses, consisting of every family in the Northern lands of Ebernore. The king conquered the entire Province of Troth, consisting of the for corners: Ebernore to the North, Harwick to the East, Eawuld to the South, and Aibaald to the west. What finally killed the old man was a life time of war and fighting, leading and legendarily enough, slaying the monsters and demons of the land. Legend has told that his army had stood at the gates of hell and pounded away. When the king died, the families were sent free to fend for themselves. Some fought against each other, but others attempted to build up and regain the peace of the land. Among these houses was the house of Wintersun, who was of the most trusted families in the King Of Old's armies. Great knights and shield maidens they were. The family was a family of warriors, and this is their story.

wintersun-logo.jpg

FAMILY TREE (OPEN)

THE STORY SO FAR (OPEN)

CHAPTERS (OPEN)

wintersun_icon_by_thedbx-d5t541q.jpg
The flag of the Wintersuns hangs high along the castle of the Old King, being the next in line to take the throne. Lord Keilla Wintersun decided against acting as the king to avoid becoming mad in power, instead he passed it off to his brother, Kellie Wintersun to take the crown. Word has spread that Kellie intends to take the use of the throne and rebuild the Old King's army, reuniting the people once again. Though, word has also spread that he intends on taking over the four corners once again. This story Chronicles the taking over of Ebernore and the families' rise, and possible fall. There will be war, there will be death and betrayal, and, oh yes, there will be blood. For this tale isn't a child friendly, happy ending story. This is the story of how a family once loyal and close to each other can tear itself a part in it's own greed and madness. Can the family redeem itself and save it's way of life? Can the family handle the power and accept the consequences of their own actions? Will you be the one to tear this family apart, or rebuild it? Now is the time to take up your sword, now is the time to raise your shield, now is the moment to fight for what you truly believe in. You will enter a land of magic and monsters, noble warriors and sorry thieves. You will have the options to go on grand adventures and epic quests. This story spans through several years in the Wintersun's history, so there will be an ever growing cast of characters. Just, be warned. You will be plotted against. You will be betrayed. You will be backstabbed. You must be prepared for even the worst to happen to you. The winter's dawn is appearing, and a cloud is crowding the land.

Dragons_Hd_109-2008.jpg

Frosttide: Lionheart is a rehash of Frosttide: The Coming Winter which died before it began. A lot of questions I had back when I first started this is "Who can I be? What can my character do? How many characters can I play? Do I have to be related to the family?" To answer these fantastic questions, when we start the roleplay, we are all Wintersun members. I will play as Keilla Wintersun, so the only character that needs a player for sure is the king, Kellie Wintersun (his name can be changed). We can branch out from there. I'd say after both characters have wives, and they have a couple of cousins and children (optional), then we can branch into characters married or adopted into the family. The main family is a family of noble warriors and fighters, so it wouldn't make sense if your character was a blacksmith, but if you were to be married in, adopted, or a child of a Wintersun woman and a blacksmith man, it is Wintersun custom to follow after your father. If characters who are children of the family want to be of age and want kids of their own or to start their own adventure, it would be nice if they were married with or together with another character, but that can be off scream if needed (having two characters related in some way is a good way to keep everyone involved). Now, in terms of characters, so long as you can keep track of them and play them, I don't have a character cap limit. One of the big inspirations for this is A Song of Ice and Fire, which constantly has character deaths. There will be plenty of characters who will be killed off, as this spans years in the history of the Wintersun family history. One thing I feel should be known is that you don't have to be confined to the castle walls. Message me and I'll let you know what kind of opportunities await characters throughout Troth. You can set out to go to school as a scholar, or seek one of many magic schools to become a wizard, or maybe you're on a political mission to bring the houses to peace once again. The thing you will find throughout this roleplay is that there will be stories and plotlines within plotlines, and the main plot will change as we work through it. If you want to think of it this way, our goal is to be bigger and better than Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire. We should be able to copy and paste our content and fill several volumes of books.
1200x626_8418_Castle_in_fire_2d_landscape_castle_fire_dragon_fantasy_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
I have done a bit of world building, but there will still be some world building to be done. I'm trying to figure out a good place to go so that I can make a map, but if anyone here makes maps and is willing to help me out then please let me know. There are the standard fantasy races such as Elves and Orcs and Dwarves, but we will try and make up our own. I'd love to incorporate Ents, but I don't want to rip off Tolkien too much. For the most part we don't need to write the history of the land, but I'm doing so to add layers and will be writing what I can into the story via storytellers. We are to be making history. Each character's actions influences history, each and every thing our characters do will impact the plot in one way or another. The more your character cares about their ancestry the more they will Lear about the past Frosttide's. If we are one hundred pages into this and there are more than our original characters and they want to know about the past of the Frosttides, then we will tell the stories of what our characters went through and the trials they faced. If this gets interest, then in the OOC/sign ups I will write about how the family works and all that stuff. Ask any questions, and they will new answered.

If anything is wrong with the formatting it's because I just copied and pasted the original post without reformatting it.

So, are we limited to a family member, or...

So, are we limited to a family member, or...
We are to start off as family members. And we eventually will be able to branch out into other character, that's something I should have explained.

By that you mean we'll be able to create other characters later on?

By that you mean we'll be able to create other characters later on?
Yes, exactly. As long as we can get the plot rolling using the main family, we can start making other characters eventually. Though, they have to be related to the plot one way or another; whether its helping a Wintersun family member, joining the family or waging war against the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.