From the Outer World

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atreides

Original poster
I quite often make references to Dune, as you will come to find. Of course, if I'm rping Dune then there is really no need. I'm not new to rping but I lost interest for a while, maybe because when you start out you tend to get into plot loops. Now I've returned and I wanted to find a place other than a facebook group that would allow me to find people who do this on a daily basis and so I've come here. I've also returned because I figured that since I wanted to get into writing fiction I could use rping as a stepping stone. People can critique my writing skills and I can even create plot lines adaptable to my own stories. Anyway, on to the survey.

What do you prefer to be called?

To be honest for a while I had steady usernames but now they're all over the place. If you recognize me from other social media or games you can call me what you prefer but since my user name here is Atreides I would assume that's what most will come to use

Boy, girl, or a mystery?

Male, anyway you look at me. I think?

How old are you?

18 but I will be 19 on the 1st. Of July to be clear.

Are you new to the site but not to roleplaying?

I've done roleplaying before but, yes, I'm new to this site.

Do you like group Roleplays or just a single partner?

I've only done group roleplays and I find that the most compelling route.

Sunshine and beaches or shade and air-conditioning?

Personally, you can stick me in a freezer, my favorite season is winter, so . . .

SING IT OUT LOUD! What song is tormenting your mind?

Maybe you saw this coming, maybe you didn't, but I mashed two of Frank Herbert's poems from Dune
and composed a tab for it on my mandolin. I'm quite proud of it, it's really catchy, so as you can guess
its stuck in my head. Unfortunately, I haven't taken the time to record it so I dont have audio for it but
here are the lyrics:

There was a man so wise,
He jumped into
A sandy place
And burnt out both his eyes!
And when he knew his eyes were gone,
He offered no complaint.
He summoned up a vision
And made himself a saint.

Here lies a toppled god
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one—

Welcome, Atreides! I hope you enjoy it here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.