2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
Genres
Sci-Fi and Fantasy are the two big ones.
BASIC PREMISE

This is an RP that takes place in a world similar to PJO, where demigods from all pantheons exist. Set 300 years after an apocalypse caused by an otherworldly force known only as the Cataclysm, players will step into the roles of new demigods as they are anointed into their roles as the protectors of Gondwana City, and are immediately given a new mission: there are signs that may lead to missing gods. Find them. Rebuild what had been broken so many years ago. If that sounds interesting, and you want to know more about the lore, then read on... (Warning, there's a lot of it to read. The essential parts of the lore are the sections "The Cataclysm and Its Apocalypse" and onward.)

LORE

Creation:

When the universe was formless and nothing but chaos and energy, a presence emerged, a sentience of sorts. At first, it could not think or speak, it could only feel. Then, it gained thoughts. Then, awareness. Then, intelligence. I am a being, and so I must have a name. It thought, and thought, and from its thoughts came a single word: Etera. Etera is now gone, long since dissolved into the ether. This is her story.

Etera had power, and more than that, a vision. A vision for a universe made in her image, her design. So with this power, she condensed all the chaos into a small ball, a powderkeg just waiting for a fuse to light it. And light it she did. The result was an explosion. One might call it a… big bang.

Over billions of years, Etera created the elements, then stars, then planets, then moons, nebulae, black holes, comets, everything. It was meticulous, nothing was out of place. Then she went to certain planets, and seeded them with life, all over the galaxy, spread so far apart that they could never meet, at least not for billions more years. It was perfect, it was just as she wished. There was just one thing: her power was running out.

Etera had been powerful, but her power had been finite, limited. There was plenty of it, but she had used almost all of it up by now. I still have so much to do, so much to create… but I lack the power.

Etera was devastated. All this time, and she was about to fade out before her masterpiece could be finished. But she had enough power left for one last miracle, one last thing. She would leave the future of her magnificent universe in capable hands. Etera traveled throughout the universe she had made, visiting every planet on which life had emerged. Sentience and sapience was beginning to take place on these planets, much as it once had for her. She'd give them makers, figures in which they could put their belief when all seemed hopeless. She'd give them gods, immortal and powerful, so they could watch over her creations.

Etera gave the planets the seeds of belief. Their belief in gods would make them real, and the gods and goddesses on each planet would live in harmony. And so it was on Earth too. With how varied the human population was on Earth already, the seeds of belief took root quickly, and the pantheons and gods formed just as quickly. Their legends and deeds, at first only stories, were made physical by the earnest belief of the mortals.

Etera looked over all that she had made one last time, and made one final declaration. This is good. Then, she performed one last action: she scattered her essence across the galaxy, splitting herself into microscopic pieces so that the galaxies she had built would never be destroyed. Her presence and power can still be seen today, humming in the fabric of our universe. And so, harmony persisted for centuries. But harmony is never eternal. Chaos will always come to supplant it…

The Demigods Arrive:

As the humans put their belief in the gods, the gods became more and more real. Their legends formed into real history, their monsters sprung to life in the world, though mostly hidden from humanity so as to remain a legend. And, of course, the legends of the demigods began. Humans believed that their gods would come down and spawn new generations of godlings, each bestowed with great power. And so it became true.

In the old days, these demigods were lauded as heroes, showered with adoration and praise. But the old days are old for a reason. Civilizations fell, the sources of belief became smaller and smaller, and most of the gods found themselves hiding from the humans who had rejected them. It was a bitterness felt throughout all the pantheons, one that lasted for centuries. And then the modern day came. And something changed.

Over the centuries, the pantheons came into contact with one another. There was the initial arguing, done through words and even a few fistfights in their godly realms. But eventually, they came to an understanding. They could live in harmony, put their pride aside. After all, the world had evolved. Why couldn't they?

Time passed, and as the modern day arrived, the gods once more extended their hands and lives into the world. New demigods began cropping up at a rapid rate starting at around the 1800s. And as they arrived, so too did the monsters rise up, thirsty for the blood of their enemies. And so, to keep the young demigods safe, to train them, to prepare them for whatever would come next.

Camp Argon was one of these camps, centered around the Greek gods. Camp Coliseum was constructed for Romans. The Egyptian gods, having chosen to not create progeny of their own, instead granted their powers to magicians, trained by the Order of the Pyramids. So on and so forth it went, a network being created between these demigods. Centuries passed, and a sort of chaotic harmony settled, the lives of the demigods having become almost routine. And then, all of a sudden, the end began.

The Cataclysm and Its Apocalypse

Demigods were growing old enough to become scholars and philosophers. And, naturally, as these sorts are wont to do, they began to theorize on certain topics. Chief among them, was an apocalypse. All or most of the pantheons had their own legend regarding the end times, all with similarities, but ultimately different. But the demigods found it unlikely that any of them would come true. They thought that the gods' pride would get the better of them, that they'd go to war and send the fury of nature crashing down on humanity. In the end, though, it was a more insidious force that would begin the apocalypse.

Human pantheons and ideologies had clashed since the beginning, the different gods all fighting for their own space and place in the universe. And from this chaos, a force took form and brewed. It was, to put it simply as the humans and gods understood it, pure chaos and destruction, a lesser form of the formless void that was once the universe before Etera, the creator, gained sentience. The gods' squabblings and the constant battle between demigod and monster had fed its power here on Earth. And eventually, it was ready to strike.

They would come to call the force the Cataclysm, and its power was more than any force, mortal or divine, could ever face. The demigods and magicians fought valiantly, their existence permanently revealed to the humans once more in the process. They had the gods at their back, they should have emerged victorious. But the Cataclysm could not be stopped.

Humans had built their homes on Earth over millennia. The Cataclysm destroyed all of them in two months. Contingency plans were made as fast as they could, as skies burned, cities fell like dominoes, animals rose against the humans who had once protected them.

Strongholds emerged, enhanced by godly power that was enough to defend those who lived there from the Cataclysm's reach. Ragnarok Island was established in the center of the Pacific Ocean, the Norse giantess Jörd and the Polynesian goddess Pele forming the island and the humans and demigods bringing animals and plants there to help seed the island with life, a modern day Noah's Ark. The stormy seas were held at bay by Poseidon and Neptune in conjunction.

In the West Coast of the United States, Gondwana Base was formed, watched over by Zeus and Ra. The dead served as their guards, Izanami and Anubis directing the once-living as warriors against the Cataclysm's creatures that battered the walls daily.

Hephaestus and Vulcan went one step further, creating the floating city of Radion to house the last of humanity, using all of humanity's modern machines combined with their godly gifts and magic to set it afloat and keep it safe.

And even as these last bastions were set up, a sentiment began floating among the demigods, one of despair and bitterness, one born from their seemingly omnipotent deities who were so helpless to stop the Cataclysm.

The gods have abandoned us, they said. We are truly in the end times.

Etera's Message:

As the two months ended, most of humanity had been wiped out, with nothing but a scattered few cities remaining. And even then, with Cataclysm's power now trained on them and them alone, it seemed like even those few cities wouldn't last long.

It would be the creator of everything who would save them all, in the end. One fateful night, as the demigods and humans alike huddled around their homes, waiting for the inevitable, the sky burst alight. Dark and light clashed, literally seeming to be at war with each other. Most thought it was the end. But then, everything stopped. And the stars in the sky merged into a face. All was silent across the world. And then the face in the sky spoke.

"I am Etera," it said. "The creator of all that is and all that will be. Creator of Earth, the humans, the gods themselves. And I will not see my creations destroyed by this evil. I cannot vanquish it, I am too weak. But I can do this much: I have sapped its strength. Your cities will no longer be destroyed directly by its hand. But it still lives. It still angers. And it will still thirst for your destruction. Listen carefully. You have been given the ability to defend yourself. Look to your demigods. They will protect you from the Cataclysm's monsters. Train them to fight, that they may be brave warriors one day."

"Know as I leave, that I am proud of you. You, my creations, stood up to certain death, proudly and bravely and defiantly. Your story will last for millennia after you are gone. Carry that knowledge in your hearts. With it, you will be invincible." And then, the stars separated, and the humans' first and only encounter with their creator ended. Etera's story would be told by the gods, and then by the humans. The creator of everything would live on through the people's belief.

The New Pantheon:

The gods were ashamed of themselves. All their power, and the Cataclysm still had ran through them like paper. Some of them were unable to bear the burden that their defeat placed on their shoulders. Maybe, even unknowingly, maybe they had abandoned their people. Most of the gods ran. Ran far away and hid so that they'd never face their quarry again, never have to face that shame.

But some stayed. The fractured pantheons met and decided one thing: they had been given a second chance. And they would need to seize that together, as one pantheon, not an alliance of different gods and goddesses together. And so, the new pantheon, the Nead, was formed, an amalgamation of different cultures and histories all combined into a powerful new group that would watch over humanity until its dying days.

That was a long, long time ago. The Cataclysm has indeed sent its forces, as Etera once warned us, but we have fought back. The Nead has guided us, trained us, they give us new demigods to protect us and shelter us. We have found a sort of peace with our new life, much like the old days. The old gods still hide, but we pray that one day they may be found. Etera's light shines down on us each night in the moon and stars. And we know that our future is secure, so long as the demigods keep us safe.

CURRENT STATE OF THE WORLD

It's currently 300 years after Etera fought back the Cataclysm. In that time, the humans and demigods have managed to rebuild, and return to some sense of what life was like so long ago. Gondwana Base has removed a large majority of the monsters that lingered near the walls and consistently sieged the base, and it's expanded into a whole city with several surrounding towns. Radion still floats, sending messages to the other settlements when it can. Ragnarok Island has expanded as well, though at a slower rate compared to Gondwana. It's currently the second-largest safe haven for mortals, with Gondwana being the first. Each of these three locations have established demigods as a sort of military police around the city, warriors revered as the protectors of life as we know it. To further this reverence, temples have been constructed that serve as both the place of siring for demigods, and a place for general communication and prayer.

The life of a demigod begins at the age of 15, when they are brought in to begin training for their duty as protectors. This training lasts around 3 years, during which they are told of their lineage, and train their powers accordingly. At the age of 18 or 19, the demigods finish their training, though they can elect to remain unsired for as long as they wish. When they choose, they will make a pilgrimage to the temple, upon which they will get to directly converse with their godly parent, and share worries, hopes, and goals for the future. Occasionally, demigods will receive prophecies during this siring, though such occurrences are rare.

As for the Cataclysm, its power has shifted. Rather than turning the whole Earth against its inhabitants, it is only able to take control of the same monsters that once plagued demigods. In addition to this, it seems to have manifested a new sort of monster. Referred to as Aberrations, these things are horrific mishmashes of man and beast, terrifying in their appearance alone, to say nothing of their ability to rip a demigod to shreds. When one is spotted, it sets off an instant state of emergency within the city. Luckily, so far, no more than one has been spotted at a time.

THE NEAD:

The new pantheon is comprised of 9 gods, all of them from different pantheons. These gods are the ones left after the fall, the ones who either survived or stuck around to help the humans and demigods rebuild and get a second chance at life. They are, as follows:
  1. Ra - God of the Sun (Egyptian)
  2. Chang'e - Goddess of the Moon (Chinese)
  3. Chernobog/Bielbog - God of Good and Evil (Slavic)
  4. Izanami - Goddess of Death (Japanese)
  5. Neptune - God of the Sea (Roman)
  6. Zeus - God of Thunder (Greek)
  7. Psyche - Goddess of the Soul (Greek)
  8. Pele - Goddess of Flames (Polynesian)
  9. Anubis - God and Guide of the Underworld (Egyptian)
Any of these gods will be selectable for your characters!

YOUR ROLE

You will be playing as a demigod of the Nead, newly graduated from trainee status, and ready to protect Gondwana from the Cataclysm. But, as you are sired, something happens. The gods speak as one to you and your fellow demigods, delivering a message: signs are popping up showing that missing gods may be about to come out of hiding. The chance to rebuild our world, and restore what was lost 300 years ago, is in front of us. And you will be the ones to seek them out, to bring back the pantheons... and maybe to finally destroy Cataclysm once and for all.

This looks really interesting! I'd love to play a child of Chang'e or Izanami!

• Love
Reactions: SaiseiTunes
Interested in this!

This seems kinda cool, I'd be down to play it.

i'm interested!! this sounds awesome :)

Reading the lore, the thought of a character who is a loyal servant of Ra came into my mind. I am very interested in this, and I'd love to participate if ever you decide to use this idea for roleplay!!

I would love to be a demigod son of Izanami with Blessings over Thunder by Zeus after completing a major quest to find Surtr and Thor(as well as being blessed by both if that's alright. Surtr gives control over fire and ability to summon Surtr's burning chain blades and sword. Thor gives refined control over his ability from Zeus and a katana made entirely from Uru metal and Adamantium). I hope that's not too much

I'd be interested in doing this!