Status
Not open for further replies.
<JOKAR>
As the music begins through travel through the town the Doctor was last seen walking into the a dark ally way that led to the River that ran through the town . when he approches the river a man in a black suit stands at the river bank .
" nice night isnt it?" The doctor says walking up from behind the man . The man who did not look happy ignores The Doctors comment and proceeds to look at a talk into a small microphone. " Get lost" the man in the suit says when he notices the Docror was still standing behind him . " TSK TSK" The Doctor says before kicking the back of the mans leg forcing him to drop to a knee .
" Wha!? Argg!" The man dosent resist when he feels a sharp blade resting on his throte .
The mans eyes widens when he looks up at the Doctor who now had a sadistic grin on his face realizing it was Jokar .
" uh... sorry sir , i did not know it was you" The man says apologetically.
" Im just here to deliver a messege"
Jokar holds the blad up infront of the mans face
" and that is ?" the Jokar says leaning over the mans shoulder.

" ah... my boss just wanted to remind you that the deal was for the target to be executed on the last day of the Festiv... ugh"
The mans messege gets cut off when Jokar clutches the mans mouth so he couldent speak .
" and i have a messege for your boss" Jokar says puting his mouth near the mans ear that had the microphone. " i intend have a little fun before i am finishe here" Jokar says as he begins to lauph hysterically as he jams the blade into the mans throte before kicking him into the river.
" and there's only one way to do that "
The Doctor says to hiself as he fixes his tux as he heads back down the ally way into the town were he had left his Date . " excuse me for that, i did not think finding a restroom would be ..... a nuisance" The Doctor says taking the girls arm and continuing to walk .

• Love
Reactions: koolkat4595
Otto
Interaction: Mara
Mentioned: Delvyn

-
Otto finished his food and drink right before the dancing had started, he grabbed his zweihander and stood before making his way out of the dancing area. Otto was many things but a dancer was not one of them plus the heavy armor he wore would not be very useful in that venture either, he snaked his way through the numbers of people enjoying themselves until he found himself at the bar near the woman with the purple hair and the armor he had been paying attention to since she had shown herself. He ordered a drink before he turned to face the crowd. "You know, it is a bit odd for someone to walk around in full plate armor. Though I am not one to talk on that matter." He said as he set his blade down at his side opposite the woman. "Most people I know wearing full plate are in the business of war or are expecting a fight maybe both it's hard to tell sometimes." He spoke as his drink arrived and he took a small sip as he noticed a new woman enter the bar, this one with pinkish red hair. "Interesting hair colors tonight." Otto thought to himself before addressing the purple haired woman again. "So which is it miss? Are you preparing for a possible fight or are you in the business of war like myself? Name's Otto by the way." He finished as his eyes scanned the people around them with his drink in hand.

The chiming of the bells sent a quiver through her spine. No doubt, in her time spent here, she had not yet adapted to the different sounds pacing the life of the city. A waitress walked over with her food, and some water. She took one bite and grimaced.

"They salted it again," She said, taking a large swig of water. She then swallowed down the food, before standing. A woman dressed in a green overcoat walked by, taking a seat by the bar. Her educated stature and sharp gaze reminded her of some of the people she met during the time spent at her home world, scientists dressed in white. This one sparked her interest, being almost an outlier in terms of color scheme. To her, scientists always dressed in white labcoats. So who was this person exactly?

She saw many faces since coming to Morvona, all of which seemed strange to her, especially the smiles. Nonetheless she didn't like conversation. It always felt fabricated and out of touch. She wanted to be honest, but ultimately, felt locked in a mindset of lying to others. She had lied for most of her life, after all. Despite this, she still wanted to ask the woman, who she was and what she did for a living. Perhaps she possessed a key to bypass the lock placed over her past, and maybe she could help her better understand herself, the things referred to as motives or desires. Melaterni stared at her for a couple seconds, then walked out. The boiling heat of conversation, the smiles of people who either didn't know of war, or wanted nothing more than to forget. The masks loomed on. They were suffocating.

She walked out. "I really haven't adjusted at all to this place," She said with a half chuckle. The questions and doubts seeming to flood her mind, evaporated within the warmth of festivities in a single translucent breath.

NPCs

"Oh rats! Lily! go track down Marvin and give him this" The woman had just realized that she had forgotten the money for the wares, and was sending off one of her girls to deliver the coin purse to him. Helen was then off dancing with some her customers, making an effort to keep the energy up. Things did not seem to be working though. While not many people were effected, most people took notice of the Majors reaction to the guards made them whisper like mad. There was no many things that surprised the major, and the inhabitants all too well the few things that did; criminals, the current galactic war, and political reforms. Any of those could be a bad thing for Enila, but without much else to go on, the commotion stayed to a slight whisper among few. Kegs are flowing, and the music changes to more of a jig. The crowd sings with joy, now having more people starting to dance to the invigorating beat.

Brian had a new face at the bar, a pink hair beauty wearing bright smile on her face. "Visitor eh??" Brain asked as he filled a Jug full of the special mead made for the event. "Here you go. I wonder what all that rushing off was all about" referring to the major. "I hope the capital did not decide to join in the war, im too old to pick up a weapon." The man said jokingly. It did not look old, but his white beard could but his age in the 50s. @The Apothecary

The traffic to Enila had died down significantly since to chiming of the clocks. However the party had just began, and the citizens of Enila was showing their excitement for it. The outskirts were the most quiet, having few lights on, with sleep children in thier beds for the night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alia became slightly embarrassed from conversation between Darla and the older man. She looked up at Dion, noticing that the man looked completely different from the last time they saw each other. He was put together and his eyes were more clear. "I was....it was long journey is all! An addition that infuriating guild I was placed in insisted that I go on vacation before I started, but refused to make sure I got here okay. But Oh no Dion I couldnt take your money....even though I did spend all my savings on sweets and this dress."Alia said self-conscience of needing assistance twice that day as Dion gave her the coin purse." I cant believe I didnt recognize you. I guess I do need some rest." Alia was the type of person who strive to be the best at everything she did. It was not like her to make so many mistakes in a span of one night. She had spent all her money without even thinking, she had been so ditzy that she couldn't even recognize a friend, and she ran into that poor woman and her date not too long ago as a result of being lost in her thoughts. "So when did you and Shei get to Morvona?"

Mara had her attention draw to a gentleman that approached her as the dancing started. He had seemed to take notice of her clothing choice, and Mara had always been well aware of the side glancing she got on this peaceful planet. "Hello, Otto, and yes you could say that I am expecting a fight. You can never be too safe with the current war going on." Mara looked over the man, seeing the weapon he was pointing out as he talked to her. Most men dont ask her about her armor, she assumed they were too scared to ask, in case she took offense. Mara really did not mind the questions, it was the prying that she avoided with all cost. "I am Mara, this town is something dont you think? to think all these smiles and laughter while the rest of the solar system is killing each other for mere land and resource" She said flatly. Mara had caught on that the mention of war on the planet stirred panic quite easily, but Otto did not seem to be the type to scare so quickly.

Otto
Mentioned: none
-

"Hmm, they are all living in a beautiful lie. The war will come hear as it has with all of the other planets." He said, he regarded her statement about her possibly expecting a fight and while it was not a strait answer it was enough to satisfy him. "Though what you say is true, you can't be to careful nowadays." He said as he took another drink before speaking again. "A tension seems to fill this place, would you not agree Mara? I have been fighting in this war from the start and this feeling always seems to rise just before something terrible happens, the guards also seem to be...hmm what's the right word...ah yes on edge though I may just be imagining it after all this ale they are serving does have a way to...make people feel things." He said as he motioned to some of the drunker patrons of the inn, making asses of themselves or trying to flirt with the waitresses sometimes doing both at once. "But enough of that kind of talk, it is suppose to be a celebration right? I would ask more about you but you seem to be a rather private person who doesn't like many questions being asked hmm? Though silence is good as well if the company is right." Otto said as he watched the patrons of the inn dance and make merry, it felt odd for Otto to see as he was so used to the screams of dying, the sounds of metal striking metal and magic being cast, music and laughter was not a common sound on the battlefield.

The pleasant atmosphere ruled the tavern and Delvyn was enjoying herself. Various conversations buzzed all around her and though eavesdropping wasn't exactly nice of her, she still tried to gather as much information as she could. She was scientist after all and pursuit of knowledge was the goal of her life and no one told her what kind of knowledge precisely she should gather.
So she just sat at her place waiting for mead and silently enjoying other people' conversations, when the bartender came with her mead. She gave him a warm smile and tasted the drink as soon as he gave it to her. It tasted delicious. She wasn't used to drinking something that tasted like a real drink, as her potions rarely tasted like anything at all and if they did, it was usually something disgusting. She took one gulp and then another one and then, she topped the whole jug. She didn't even realise how thirsty she was. Her cheeks reddened a little and she gave a somewhat embarrassed look to the bartender. It wasn't very ladylike to drink like that.

The man looked pleasant and harmless enough and she decided to start a conversation with him. She had quite a few questions and needed just as many answers. With a little bit of luck, this merry old man will give her precisely what she needs.
"I hope so too. This town is lovely and it would be real shame if anything happened to it. I have seen quite a few beautiful places turned to rubble just because some hot-headed officer considered it a threat. But I am sure you have nothing to worry about since you have that great shield of yours, who would be stupid enough to attack impenetrable defence like that?"

" just take it" Dion says putting the purse into Alias hand " if i did not meet you back on that docking station , i would of never of came here " Dion says looking down at Shei noticing she had stiffened up . " hm?.... whats wrong girl?"
He says kneeing down again as shei's fangs begin to show as she growls ferociously.
" hey, come on , whats up?" Dion says trying to calm her as he looks up to see the Doctor and the bakers daughter walking in there direction.
At first glance, Dion saw nothing wrong with the couple , They seemed like they were just enjoying the festival. That was until a slight breeze flowed through the town. A scent that was too familiar to Dion, It was blood, A scent that could not be picked up with an ordinary sense of smell. The man reeked of it , and it was fresh. " you two should introduce Alia to Helen " Dion says placing his hands on the old couples shoulders giving them a slight push .
Before Marvin could say any thing
" i hear shes pulling out that thousand year rum this year"
Dion says quickly .
Marvins eyes grew as he gave his wife a surprised look .
" you hear that Darla! what are we waiting for" Marvin says excitedly " come on guys ! " He says as he pulling his wife . " come on Lass , you don't know what your missing" Marvin says looking back at Alia.
" go on Alia, i will meet you gu....."

" Ahh Alia!"
The doctor says before Dion could finish his sentence. " What are the ods running into you a third time" the doctor says looking at Shei and Dion " i see you have maid some friends" The doctor says tilting his head to look past Dion at the old couple who were walking away before looking back at Dion with his eyes . Dion turns around blocking the Doctors view from Marvin and Darla . Dion places one hand on Shei keeping her calm.
" you should keep up with them Alia"
Dion says keeping eye contact with the Doctor.
" Yes , you would not want to miss out on that thousand year Rum " The doctor says with a smile as he holds out his hand towards Dion .
Dion's eyes narrow on the mans hand before raiseing his own to shake the Doctors hand .
" Your a doctor right?" Dion says surprising the doctor . " why yes .... call me Doctor J"
the doctor says chuckling as he looked at his date and then back to Dion .
" and what do they call a military man such as your self" The Doctor says returning the same shock to Dion . " its marvelous , what you can learn from person from only a touch"
Doctor says looking down at Shei , Before Dion could ask how he knew The Doctor says pulling his date into a twirl as if he was presenting her.
" Take this beutiful woman before me" He says as he brushes a few strands of hair with his fingertips " The slight curl in her tips that explain the constant habit of being tied back, comman to cooks " The Doctor says pushing some of her hair up to his nose " the slight scent of fresh bread that lingers suggesting her work as a baker " The Doctor says making his his date blush as he brushes his lips against her ear.

" Now take our young scholar " The Doctor says holding his hand out at Alisa "
" i think we get it"
Dion says catching The Doctors hand like a hand shake as he fakes a lauph. The Doctor continues to smile at Alisa " forgive me , sometimes i mix up my job with my personal life" The doctor says chuckling as he looks at Dion .
" well...... forgive me for taking up too much of your time , i will leave you two to it"
" come my dear , my curiosity has gotten the best of me , and im sure there are a line of people dying for a taste of the Thousand year rum"
The doctor says as takes his dates arm and walking past Dion .

(>:O )

• Love
Mention: Dion, Jokar, Alia, and Shei.

Melaterni's eyes narrowed slightly, as she turned her head. Her instincts struck brazen chords within her veins, signaling alarm. As she turned, she saw a male soldier with a wolf in conversation with a young woman. further away, a doctor and a different woman approached them. The sensation wasn't new, as she realized he was the same doctor she passed on her way to the tavern. She walked closer, her gaze averted from their general area so as not to draw suspicion. Her ears picked up the slightest hint of a tone within the conversation. The soldier and wolf were both alert, and the doctor held a menacing presence disguised beneath a facade of pleasant observation. It was a bloodlust of particular translucence, like the web of a spider, where the fangs are not far off.

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Dangerous company" She thought to herself. "I can only imagine what he has planned for that girl he's walking with." [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000] [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]As the doctor separated from the other two and started walking in her direction, her muscles tensed slightly as if on a natural accord of fight or flight, but she knew not to stir anything, and as such, kept her head down as he passed her, assuming the role of an oblivious traveler. [/BCOLOR]

Alia face contorted into a confused expression. She knew that there were people with great observation skills, but how could this man know something as obscure as her being a scholar? Maybe she really did look like a bookworm. Memories of her childhood surfaced featuring her brother that missed with all her heart. "Hey wait Sir!" She called out to the doctor who was leaving again. "I know we have met before, but how did you know my profession? What gave it away?" Alia was very curious to know, since her for details was more geared towards artifacts than humans. Shei and Dion looked on edge however with the man, which gave her a bad feeling. What was so bad about this guy? All she has seen is smiles from the mysterious man.

Mara smiled at Otto. She was finding him pleasant than the rest of the drunkards at the tavern. "Indeed, but questions are welcomed by me, as long as they stay respectful. We all have a past am I right?" Mara replied to Otto. She did not have a drink like almost everyone else in the tavern, but a steaming plate of potatoes and grilled fish found its way in front of Mara. This was her favorite meal at the Red River. A natural but seldom placed grin stretch across her face. "Helen never disappoints, Compliments to the cook!" Mara called out towards the kitchen. She dug into the creamy potatoes, forking them into her watering mouth. She did not care about how she looks as she ate. She resembled a child getting their first bite into a cake after dinner. Next Mara went for the flaky fish that was caught locally. The moist bits stuck to her outer mouth, but Mara continued apologetically.

NPCs

Brian was knee deep into the conversation with a captivating young woman. He knew that he could be paying attention to all the customers seating at the bar, but he decided to neglect his duties for a bit. "Yes that good ol' shield of Nahara. I can not think of a reason why anyone would go against their goddess like Kelmia did. Bunch of fools. As long of our Deity Jade keeps the shield up, nothing bad can harms us good folks of Morvona. Those flap jacks at Eulace should put more faith in our goddess, with all these talk about making alliances and joining in the this stupid war." One could tell that Brian was a devout worshiper of Nahara. His eyes lit up just at the mention of Nahara's name. "I will tell you this, It's a good thing we stayed out the war, why look what happened to Anmos! All this death thanks to those rebels!" Brian was getting worked up a bit from the talk, but he kept his composure. "Need me to top you off?" He asked Devlyn, speaking about her now empty jug.

Lily did not have to look far for Dion and Marvin. She approached them out of breath from running around. "Marvin! Helen sent me with the payment! She sends her apologizes for forgetting" He handed the older man the purse of coins. Marvin's wife was with them, as was Shei. Lily smiled and gave the woman a hug. "It's good to see you! you should come to the tavern more often!" She start off, but her attention to drawn to the couple leaving. "Kate?" She called out to the woman with the strange man. She had never seen him before, and she wondered why her childhood friend would be with him. "Is that you Kate? I wondered by you havent stopped by the Red River, Is this your...boyfriend?" Lily questioned her.

Reactions: Captain808
GM POST

The humming of conversations and feet thumping the ground to the rhythm of the music blankets the city of Enila. The night was coming to a close, with drinks will bring filled, and travelers making their way to where they would lay their head. The festival was still going, but one could feel the people who were once filled verve settling down.

Our guests were becoming acquainted with one another;​
[spacer]Otto and Mara, two past soldiers of the front lines were chatting. Devlyn was also talking with Brian, the bar man, while trying to gain something from him. Alia, Dion, and Shei had been reunited out of sheer luck, while unluckily running into the mysterious and dangerous Jokar. Malaterni, Who's keen eye of observation, keeps her distance from more than just the crowds in the streets. Asriel and Porter were enjoying drinks and food among themselves, blending in with the busy customers of the Red River Paradise.[/spacer]
As usual, there was an overall carefree aura emanating from the citizens of Morvona. This all changed quicker than fleeing mouse. In the mist of the music, a deep rumbling of the ground shook the tables and cups of the tavern. Out of the air a distant but loud ringing of a warning bell spread to the ears of every being awake or sleep. The music stopped, and screams from the north of Enila took over. The people started to run with fear and self preservation. From the same direction a monstrous roar screeched with anger.

" no time woman" Marvin says quickly before Darla could greet Lily " You and your liquor"
Darla says snapling at her husband as she continues to walk with Marvin. Kate turns her head when she hears Lily before looking at the Doctor .
" We were just headed there " The Doctor says before looking at Alia who was asking how he knew about her occupation . " why don't you all join us at the tavern before we start answering your questions" The Doctor says taking a few steps towards them stopping next to Melaterni.
" They say liquor brings out the honesty of people, and i would not want your first impression of me is to be known as a ......liar"
The Doctor says in a darker tone .
Dion begins to walk with Shei following
" i could use a drink.... huh?" Shei turns her head to face north as her ears begin to twitch .
After a slight quake that shook the town The only sounds that could be herd were the town alarms echoing followed by the screams of the town folk fleeing for there lives .after Hearing the loud roar Dion knees down next to Shei
" Get to them and stay there until i return"
Shei bolts down the street as soon as Dion finishes his order . " Lily take Alia to Helens, now" Dion orders Lily , which was the first time she had ever seen Dion like this .
"I will meet you there after i get my gear " Dion says looking north before looking back At Alia .
His eyes shoot open when he notices the Doctor and Kate was gone . ~ damit~ He curses as he looks around . " Alia stay away from that man" Dion says giving her a serious face before dashing North .

( the moment the sirens went off)
The Doctor looked around when he feels the ground tremble. A grin rips across his his face as the town gos quiet for a few secondes. The Doctor closes his eyes just as he listens to screams of terrified towns that started to flood into the streets in a panic. " finally ... some real fun " the Doctor says before disappearing into the crowd right as a few town folk dash past him .

Dion races through the town until he arrived at the old coupled house at the edge of town . He quickly begins to equip his gear before dashing out the front door to find one of the town folk trying to carry a bag full of his things and pull his son at the same time . " Leave it ! get your son and get head east until your out of town " Dion says snapping as he prys the mans bag and tosses it to the side . The man quickly picks up his son causing his son to drop a small Charm .
On to the ground . Dion picks up the charm and examines it before cracking it with his fingers.
He throws The charm away onto the street when it begins to making a rapid beeping noise before exploding . ~ a bomb?~ " Damit" He yells as he dashes back towards the center of town .

Marvin and Darla had just reached Helens tavern when the sirens had went off .
" o dear , what is going on" Darla says looking around at the fleeing town folk. "
" Lets get inside " Marvin says pulling his wife into the tavern . Shortly after Shei bursts into the Tavern and immediately begins to circle the old couple making sure they were safe. " what is it girl? where is Dion?" Marvin questions Shei as she looks around the Tavern . any one who got to close To the old couple would hear her vicious growl .

( still editing)

Last edited:
Mention: Dion Shei and Jokar.

Bearing no desire to conceal her perspective of him, her pupils trailed to the side in a glare. She then started to walk in the opposite direction towards the soldier and the wolf.

At this moment, the rumbling began, to her, far more obvious than to others. Midnight shrieks slowly took the place of tavern song in the distance, as she focused her gaze in a dirt cloud, barely visible. The brazen bells curdled the very air in reverberation, grating in her ears. Her hands flew up to cup her ears as she fell to her knees. She frantically reached into her inner pocket, pulling out wax and coating her ears. The shrieks grew closer as she struggled to stand. Her sense of hearing reduced, she dusted herself off, her eyes searching the landscape for the cause of alarm.

Whatever it was, it was significant enough to strike terror into the hearts of the citizens. She took to running in the opposite direction, but away from the crowds, where she would have higher maneuverability. After creating distance between herself, she took the liberty of climbing on to the roof of one of the townhouses. Peering out to the horizon to see the source of the panic. Blood streaked across the road, with smoke and dust coloring the outline of something she couldn't quite make out. "Whatever it was that once existed here, it's going to take a long time for that to come back." She pondered to herself.

Yet there was a part of her that didn't care. She kept her eyes fixed on the panicked faces of the citizens, a familiar sight, as she ran along the rooftops. Seeing the soldier once more, she decided to trail him in discreet fashion, with a presence almost completely concealed for the time. Though it was against her nature to follow others in a benign fashion, she also felt less acquainted with the landscape as a whole. Perhaps he would know something she didn't.

Otto
-

He and Mara had been having a rather pleasant talk while she ate and he nursed his drink, trivial topics were talked about along with major issues such as the war and it's effects. The night had worn on as the two veterans enjoyed the company of one another. "I am surprised to find someone who understands this life, I am glad I we met tonight Mara." He spoke to the purple haired woman with a soft smile and was about to excuse himself for the night when the shaking began, he grabbed he blade and drink so that one would not fall and the other would not spill as he steadied himself. A alarm bell started to sound throughout the town. "Well that ain't good." The solider for hire thought to himself, normally this was the signal of an invasion or at least that was what he had been told. Surprisingly Otto hadn't been in an invasion force in all the years he had been fighting but rather had always arrived after the fighting had began but that was besides the point. He heard the people next, yelling, yelling of terror but more then that a bellowing roar cut through the yelling of the people or the alarms. He set his drink down and looked out the door of the inn before looking to Mara. "Do you think we should go and help?" He asked the woman. "This is not our home and while I am unsure of yourself I have no connection here but these people have been nothing but pleasant." He surmised as he rested the sheath and blade of his zweihander on his shoulder. "But this may draw us into a fight that is not ours." Otto spoke to Mara. "What do you think we should do?" Otto fought for money, this was a fact but he would not sit idly by if these people were in trouble but he wished to get Mara's input on the situation.

Alia thought she was getting somewhere with the doctor when the alarm ranged. It had followed a ground shaking rumble, and a familiar feeling developed in the pit of her stomach. Dion and Shei were quick on their feet, and with his warning and directions he left. It seemed like whoever the doctor was referring to, an unknown woman seemingly being added to the conversation, had disappeared along with them. The doctor had up and left as well, and so she was left with With Darla, Marvin, and lily. "Let's take cover, where is Helen's? I might be a native to Morvona but I too am a visit to this town" Alia is used to being a different kind of support unit during battle. Intelligence gathering, battle tactics, and general civilians evacuation are all equally important to the success of a fight. This basic teaching point was drilled into non-combatants like herself who are trained to be part of the fighting force. Even though Morvona was officially not participating in the war, every university student had to take a combat preparedness class across the planet. Lily lead the way to the tavern, which was also filled with panicking citizens. A tall woman was helping secure the inn by storing benches and the kegs of alcohol. "Lily! Good, you have Marvin and Darla with you. Everything not bolted to the floor goes in the back room, and whoever comes should be escorted to the basement. " Helen was commanding her staff like a seasoned commander. The people seemed to be feverishly doing what was asked of them, quickly getting the windows boarded and Chairs out the common area. It seemed like the elderly and ones who were currently staying at the Inn were filling into the basement. Alia wanted to help as much as possible. She helped place some Carnelian Locks on the front entrances and helped older ones down the stairs. One of them being the bakery woman from before. She seemed very worried, and Alia figured it was about her daughter that lily and the doctor was talking to. She had hoped that the girl was safe, for the lady's sake. Helen left the back exit open for anyone else looking for shelter.

Mara nodded her head as she got up from her seat. "Since I am looking forward to the rest of the festival, it only seems logical to help out in this small way. I just hope it's not related to the war. I am not interested in being on anyone's side, not even the peace loving Nahara herself." The staff of the Inn was preparing to hunker down, a smart move. What is worse than fighting is the mess you have to clean up afterward. "If you agree then I'll meet you on the way towards to fighting, I need to get my gear from upstairs." With that, the lavender haired woman left in an unusually swift fashion. From the looks of her plated armor, you would think that would slow Mara down. However, it seems not to affect her at all. "Helen, Brian. stay safe!" More people were coming into the tavern after much of the customers ran off. A slim built blonde, Lily, Marvin, and an older woman filed in. She got a good look at them, nodding her head in acknowledgment and rushed upstairs. Reaching her room she grabbed her apothecary and quickly put on her array of healing jewelry. With her dagger tucked into her boots her opened the window and jumped out. It was a high drop, but with the military training she learned, Mara gracefully rolled into a safe landing. Mara listened out for the gargling roaring in the distance and headed that way.

Reactions: Dakota K5
[DION]
" Keep moving ! this way ! Dont stop! " Dion says catching up to a few stragglers who were still running. When he reaches the center of town Dion draws his bow and looks around before kneeling down . He pulls out an arrow and begins to carve small vertical patterns into the tip before quickly fireing it into the air . The carving on the arrow tip mixed with the wind created a high pitch whistle that Could only be herd mostly by animals with Heighten hearing . This was his way of calling Shei. What ever the roars was coming from was indeed getting closer . Dion Begins to Run north but stops and looks up at the roof tops while he draws another arrow . His pupils shrink as he scans the rooftops , who ever was following him was very light on there feet and if it wasent for his own heighten senses he would of never known .
Hearing another roar , Dion continues to dash towards the source of the roar. who ever was following him was the least of his problems.

[SHEI]
Shei continued to guard Marvin and Darla and followed them to the base ment. Her ears twitched before she began to look around. Hearing her masters call She jolts up the basement stairs and back into the tavern .
" Wait! Shei!" Darla yells.
Shei looks around the tavern seeing the exits were all being blocked . She rushes at one of the windows and breaks through the glass landing out side before she dashes down the street following her masters scent .

Otto
Mentioned: None
-

He nodded to Mara's words as she went to her room, he meandered out of the inn with his blade resting on his shoulder in it's sheath. The people of the town were running past him, even a few guards here and there but he paid them no mind as his plate mail clicked and clacked with the steps he took. The roaring in the distance grew louder as he went but he did not stop, his face was stoic but inside his mind was working a mile a second. "What this is is unknown and I have not heard bellowing like this on any of the worlds I fought on. Maybe something related to the crystals? No, I may not use them but I have never seen or heard of something sounding like this being summoned using crystals." Otto thought to himself as he drew nearer.
-
He had gotten to the area of the town where the sound was strongest, no one was here and other then the roaring it was deathly silent though the wail of the sirens still sounded in the distance. He drew his blade and got into a combat stance as the hairs on his neck started to stand on end, a fight was coming,

GM POST

The townsfolk of Enila were scared out of their wits. What few fighters and guardsmen that were around, all headed to the scene of the commotions. They all arrived at the southern farmlands just pass the bridge across the Red River. In the middle of the fields was the target in question. Illuminated by the full moon was a glistening snake-like creature. If one could not see well in dark places, they would not be able to get a full view of the creature. The monster was destroying everything in sight, using its body to roll over and flatten out whatever was around it. Another cry echoed from its toothy maw that reflected the moonlight. Upon the defeaters' arrival, the creature noticed them almost instantly. As if like a show of strength, the snake-like being rose on its belly, towering them at approximately 14 ft. Taking the initiative, the creature roared to the new coming in warning - ready to attack if approached.

Battle map

NPCS

There were two guardsmen that were sent to scout out whatever being that was destroying the crops. The warning bell came as a shock to every member of the armed force in Enila. There was not much use for armed protected before, but the increase of foreign refugees has spiked the crime rate on Morvona. To their disbelief, there were mostly foreigners that came to help. They silently nodded at the extra help, bracing themselves for an attack. They, however, were not going to be the first to attack.

Back at the tavern, Helen kept whoever stayed as safe as possible. Her composure was laced with anxiety. Somehow, that monstrous cry seemed familiar. She was sure that she had heard it before in her lifetime. Brian was passing out blankets to the elderly since the basement was cool for keeping wine casks and other food stuff at their best temperature. A few started to whisper about what could be happening outside. To outsiders, The people of Morvona were peaceful but loved to gossip about everything. "Hopefully the guardsmen will handle things, oh where are Dion and Mara? They have to have found a safe place" Helen's thoughts raced about all the other friends of hers that were not with her. She silently prayed to Nahara for their safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.