1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Ah, a roleplay. If one is a GM the start is an interest check with the information needed to attract the players, followed by an optional info thread with the sign up thread for the players fo announce their characters. This moves on to the in character thread where the actual roleplaying happens.

It isn't much different for 1x1's where people generally start to cook up a plot together and decide the type of character(s) they play. Just with less threads and sheets to fill out.

So, to all roleplayers out. What is your favourite part of RP? Is it the thrill of a new idea, the creation of a new character or do you rather just jump straight into the excitement and meat of it all?

And of course, what part do you least enjoy of the whole process?

I think that the best part of RP is the character interactions, and how the interactions between the two RPers themselves can lead to a very nice friendship!

When a character interacts with the others character, wether it be a friendly or violent interaction, it’s always nice to see them talk to each other, or bring up the hype in the RP. Even comedy can be stirred up by this! There’s so many ways to go with it, it’s very exciting.

Then friends, I have trouble making friends on other sites, though I do have a few, it’s most likely because they talked to me first. So, RP is one way I try to make friends! Most of the time, if I’m dropping out of a RP, is because I don’t feel connected to the other person, or I don’t see the RP going anywhere. No offense towards whoever I drop out with, it just doesn’t cut it for me. Though, when I make friends with the other person, and I look forward to their reply, I really get into the RP, it makes me excited. I enjoy talking with the person behind the charter as well.

I LOVE THE PLOTTING PROCESS SOOO MUUUCH but actual roleplay will always have my heart. Just everything @FenFren said about character interactions and developing who they are and their stories. O: that is my bread and butter.

Funnily enough, I least enjoy the roleplaying itself. I mean, I love roleplaying, but it's the part I least enjoy, although I freaking love love love worldbuilding. That has to be my favourite part of any roleplay with character creation coming in second.

Thoughtful, and detailed worldbuilding just hits the spot for me. I love taking my time at this stage. It's delicate and intricate, and oh so amazing. I dislike roleplaying in messy worldbuilding roleplays, so basically, yeah. For every roleplay, for me at least, it begins with worldbuilding, where we can have multiple plots in said world.

I have to agree with @Lisianthus , my favorite is also the worldbuilding part and then the roleplay. I just love watching a world rise from the abyssal depths and give it shape. The geography, the animals, the plants, the strange floating islands, the cultures/races, festivals, the food, the adventures, and so much more. It makes me even more excited to roleplay in that setting.

And thanks to all this worldbuilding I get to roleplay characters that showcase how the world works; a tiny glimpse at the daily lives of law enforcement in a fantasy world, or pirates in space, or two kingdoms trying to avoid a wat, etc...

Reactions: Nemopedia
I prefer actually roleplaying and creating plot points or story beats more than anything. World building I used to love, and still do if it's kept small scale for forum roleplay. I reserve the big guns for Dungeons and Dragons when it comes to in depth world building.

My least favorite part of any roleplay, group or one x one, is making character sheets. I feel like they're super unnecessary and do nothing but eat up everyone's time. I like creating basic character concepts and running with the bare minimum for a character in regards to a sheet, but when you're dumping a weeks worth of effort into character creation when you could be ACTUALLY roleplaying just seems wasteful and pointless to me. It drives me absolutely nutty.

I mean, in a lot of ways, the actual writing while roleplaying is how characters and the world they exist in are actually fleshed out. There are so many times when I was certain about how a scenario between characters would play out, only to find that the slightest new detail or mood of the moment completely changes how my own character acts. There's a malleable nature to RP and it's so rewarding after a bunch of twists and turns to suddenly find my story in a place I did not anticipate that's even better than what I imagined.

But, like, writing is also work. It's one thing to come up with the beginning of an idea and another entirely to execute it, so I can appreciate both the anticipation of what's to come and the sense of satisfaction when I've written something I like. There's a sort of magic to having a partner who resonates with the thoughts and feelings trapped between the lines of what you're both creating -- they can tap into what's so hard to put words into and truly complete this strange and wonderful cooperative fantasy.

If I had to choose between a 10,000+ world explanation with a compelling plot behind it and a bare-details dry run with a writer who has good chemistry, though? Honestly, I think it's a different situation based on whether you're working with a group or doing a one-on-one, but I lean toward having lots of space to contribute my own thoughts and desires. When someone already has everything figured out in a rigid system, it's hard to get excited about what I can bring to the table with my own creativity. I've heard it described as participating in a story as opposed to simply existing in it. At the end of the day, though, a GM/DM needs both discipline and charisma to keep the ball rolling, so I'll happily admit to enjoying writing in the moment as opposed to pulling one of these:

1itoun.jpg

Funnily enough, I least enjoy the roleplaying itself. I mean, I love roleplaying, but it's the part I least enjoy, although I freaking love love love worldbuilding. That has to be my favourite part of any roleplay with character creation coming in second.

Thoughtful, and detailed worldbuilding just hits the spot for me. I love taking my time at this stage. It's delicate and intricate, and oh so amazing. I dislike roleplaying in messy worldbuilding roleplays, so basically, yeah. For every roleplay, for me at least, it begins with worldbuilding, where we can have multiple plots in said world.

I have to agree with @Lisianthus , my favorite is also the worldbuilding part and then the roleplay. I just love watching a world rise from the abyssal depths and give it shape. The geography, the animals, the plants, the strange floating islands, the cultures/races, festivals, the food, the adventures, and so much more. It makes me even more excited to roleplay in that setting.

And thanks to all this worldbuilding I get to roleplay characters that showcase how the world works; a tiny glimpse at the daily lives of law enforcement in a fantasy world, or pirates in space, or two kingdoms trying to avoid a wat, etc...

HEY YOU TWO, CONSIDER JOINING WARP FOR ALL OF YOUR WORLD BUILDING DESIRES!!!

My least favorite part of any roleplay, group or one x one, is making character sheets. I feel like they're super unnecessary and do nothing but eat up everyone's time. I like creating basic character concepts and running with the bare minimum for a character in regards to a sheet, but when you're dumping a weeks worth of effort into character creation when you could be ACTUALLY roleplaying just seems wasteful and pointless to me. It drives me absolutely nutty.
I felt this hard. I stall on CS's so much that sometimes I just don't join RP's at all if I feel that the CS is too much work to fill out. 😂 CS writing is definitely my least favourite part of roleplaying as well, next to heavy pointless plotting that goes nowhere in ooc.

I agree wih @FenFren and @Diana, though! The character interactions and the actual RP are my favourite part of roleplaying! Nothing as great as being surprised by how a relationship developed IC because the characters are defying all of the plans!

HEY YOU TWO, CONSIDER JOINING WARP FOR ALL OF YOUR WORLD BUILDING DESIRES!!!

I felt this hard. I stall on CS's so much that sometimes I just don't join RP's at all if I feel that the CS is too much work to fill out. 😂 CS writing is definitely my least favourite part of roleplaying as well, next to heavy pointless plotting that goes nowhere in ooc.

I agree wih @FenFren and @Diana, though! The character interactions and the actual RP are my favourite part of roleplaying! Nothing as great as being surprised by how a relationship developed IC because the characters are defying all of the plans!
I did consider, but I am not able to for this year. I hope to join for next year's.

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild