Fritz the Cat (nsfw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SlamifiedBuddafied

Original poster
So last week a friend of mines father lent me a couple of movies he saw back in his twenties during the 1970's. A pair of rather seemingly oddball movies which depict the times of America during the restless period of the 60's and 70's with a satirical take. And talking animals.

And.

I feel like I should have dropped a few hits of acid to watch those, and I've never done acid in my life.

I feel like I should have dropped a few hits of acid to watch those, and I've never done acid in my life.
I wouldn't recommend LSD. Does weird shit to the brain. Probably like the creators and animators of aforementioned films.

I am actually really curious now as to what's the story behind these films, why they were made and who the hell made them and what bloody made them decide to use animals for all the characters. Seriously, the animal characters are horribly deceiving, at first glance it looked like a kid's film. Other than that, I'd prefer not to really judge this movie or its creators until I've seen it for myself ...Which won't be happening anytime soon, just fyi.

I am actually really curious now as to what's the story behind these films, why they were made and who the hell made them and what bloody made them decide to use animals for all the characters. Seriously, the animal characters are horribly deceiving, at first glance it looked like a kid's film. Other than that, I'd prefer not to really judge this movie or its creators until I've seen it for myself ...Which won't be happening anytime soon, just fyi.
Wikipedia can answer this much easier than I can.
Fritz the Cat (films)
Fritz the Cat (original comic)

The films and the comic are both quite comical, though I do believe it's seasoned for a somewhat crass form of comedy. Though to my understanding of speaking with some elders who were in their twenties and thirties during that time period, the movies are fairly accurate as to the common stereotypes, racial and social issues and political problems which plagued the country at the time. According to some, it's all about the same, we've just gotten more tame.

Wikipedia can answer this much easier than I can.
Fritz the Cat (films)
Fritz the Cat (original comic)

The films and the comic are both quite comical, though I do believe it's seasoned for a somewhat crass form of comedy. Though to my understanding of speaking with some elders who were in their twenties and thirties during that time period, the movies are fairly accurate as to the common stereotypes, racial and social issues and political problems which plagued the country at the time. According to some, it's all about the same, we've just gotten more tame.
Wow, that is some interesting stuff, I didn't even realize Fritz the Cat started out as a comic. See, now this is why I try not to judge things superficially. I may consider giving the film a look, though it's highly unlikely I'll actually watch it; I'm just not really one for such vulgar content.

Wow, that is some interesting stuff, I didn't even realize Fritz the Cat started out as a comic. See, now this is why I try not to judge things superficially. I may consider giving the film a look, though it's highly unlikely I'll actually watch it; I'm just not really one for such vulgar content.
Oh, I don't blame you in the least.

I wouldn't recommend LSD. Does weird shit to the brain. Probably like the creators and animators of aforementioned films.
No kidding. My brother's a paranoid schizophrenic from taking LSD. Apparently it killed a small part of his brain. He now has a dead spot the size of a quarter somewhere in there. @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.