Friendly Advice

G

GrunkleLogic

Original poster
What's some friendly advice you want to put out there? Something(s) that you just want peple to know or think they should for their benefit, yours, or whatever.

Make a list!

Me:

1. Never try to out~troll a GM.

2. The world will forever judge you for wearing socks with sandals. Do it anyway.

3. There's a huge difference between anger and rage.

4. Don't stare directly at my avatars, they seek blood.​

Last edited by a moderator:
It is okay to be sad. It is okay to be angry. It is okay to not be happy all the time. Let yourself feel your emotions; don't suppress them. They will make you sick.

Don't manipulate your friends. Don't even try. That is how you will ensure that you will never have any friends again.

Sometimes you should just eat that fucking donut

Always read the instructions/directions.

Take the nap you have always wanted to take. Do it.

Your car is not a bumper car. Ram other cars anyway.

Read the rules thoroughly, don't skim. The GM gods will come after you and you will die.

:cookie:

Never pour the milk before the cereal, that's asking for trouble. (@Navuso c:<)

When you start to get frustrated just splash your face with some cool water and, if you're standing, take a seat! If that doesn't work, lay down! :D

Never fall asleep eating skittles, it's going to give you some WEIRD dreams man. Some of them might be nightmarish, some of them are actually pretty good plotlines and others are like...you're hitting the gas and then the break in your car alternatively. @_@

Always try to leave something better than it was when you found it. Whether that's a relationship, the tidiness of your desk, a task at work, your email inbox, whatever. Having that kind of improvement mentality echoes through your life and you'll realize that it has a lot of benefits as you incorporate it into the way you operate.

Also, push the damn shopping cart back to the store or to the corral. Don't just leave it somewhere in the parking lot.

Small gestures go a long way.

Always get that extra slice of pizza, buy those cookies, drink that milkshake. It's okay to treat yourself.

Surround yourself with positive people. Negativity will never benefit you.

Tell the people that matter to you that you love them. Showing appreciation for the good in your life can never do you wrong.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper and Greenie
Don't take the cruelty of someone to heart, though be understanding with yourself when you cry. It's okay to feel pain, just know that what someone has to say about you doesn't always make it true; it makes how they treat you a reflection of who they are.

Buying toilet paper in bulk is a good thing.

When you're in a restroom, leave it clean before you leave. plz

Forgot to mention, look people in the eyes when you thank them.

I think a lot of people don't even realize that they don't do this. When people hand you things, do you look at the person handing it to you when you say "thank you" or are you looking at the thing they handed you when you say it? Take a mental note of it.

Maybe this is the mom in me, but if you're looking at the thing being given to you, you come off as selfish and self-centered. You have all the time in the world to look at the thing, but only a moment where it's timely to say "thank you." Make it count!

Obviously, over the phone, or by text message or by email, this doesn't apply. I'm only talking about in-person.

Reactions: Dipper
Always read the instructions/directions.
Unless you're cooking something from a box, then completely ignore the directions because it's not going to turn out.

Forgot to mention, look people in the eyes when you thank them.

I think a lot of people don't even realize that they don't do this. When people hand you things, do you look at the person handing it to you when you say "thank you" or are you looking at the thing they handed you when you say it? Take a mental note of it.

Maybe this is the mom in me, but if you're looking at the thing being given to you, you come off as selfish and self-centered. You have all the time in the world to look at the thing, but only a moment where it's timely to say "thank you." Make it count!
Just wondering, but what if it's neither of the two options? I typically thank people and give a bow of my head when I do, so am not looking at them nor the item when I thank them.

Most of the people that I deal with, though, know that this is what I do. And that I don't look people in the eyes anymore. (I used to, but after getting lied to my face a couple hundred times, I kind of stopped meeting people's gazes.)

As for friendly advice? Uh, I don't really have any, unfortunately. Pretty much use common sense, lol. (I know I have some that I could give, but I'm drawing a huge blank...)

Oh, I know!
Never give a pet as a gift!
It might seem cute or like a good idea at the time, but whenever the animal gets into something, breaks something, or causes trouble, it'll only give the owner a reminder of 'what moron thought this was a good idea'.
This is a lesson my mom has ingrained into me, because she's had some experiences with this.

Just wondering, but what if it's neither of the two options? I typically thank people and give a bow of my head when I do, so am not looking at them nor the item when I thank them.

Most of the people that I deal with, though, know that this is what I do. And that I don't look people in the eyes anymore. (I used to, but after getting lied to my face a couple hundred times, I kind of stopped meeting people's gazes.)
Any show of respect is good! Depends on the culture, too, since bowing is the kind of thing that is traditionally done in Asian cultures.

• Love
Reactions: Navuso
When writing don't get too caught up in catering to a specific audience. Write the story that you want to write. Even if it's a story that won't go to print, write it anyway. It's like filling a sketchbook.

Always double check what you feed your pets. Look up the things they can't eat and make sure you're not being tricked into buying useless filler or something that could harm your pet. I've seen too many people feeding rabbits carrots or putting them in pine hutches. x.x;

Always double check what you feed your pets. Look up the things they can't eat and make sure you're not being tricked into buying useless filler or something that could harm your pet. I've seen too many people feeding rabbits carrots or putting them in pine hutches. x.x;

see: cats and cow's milk

always check what plants you have in your house, too! lilies and tulips are beautiful flowers, but can seriously harm and potentially kill your cats. if you want to have bouquets with those flowers, lock 'em up where your cat can't get them. there are a lot of lovely, cat-safe flowers you can have in your bouquets instead.

also don't feed your cats really salty foods, like smoked salmon! they have a much lower tolerance to sodium than we do!

When writing don't get too caught up in catering to a specific audience. Write the story that you want to write. Even if it's a story that won't go to print, write it anyway. It's like filling a sketchbook.

Grapes and mushrooms are bad for dogs. Oh and I'm pretty sure onions are too.

Chamomile flowers smell lovely so get some seeds and grow some for a calming natural scent in your home.

Try and get outside once a day. Sunlight and exercise is proven to help uplift your mood.

Eat as clean as you can but don't hate yourself for eating that delicious chocolate donut. You get that donut booboo.

Remember that you are beauty and you are loved. There are people out there for you. You just got to find them.

Online relationships of any kind are valid. Some of my best friends are from this site.

Never let anyone invalidate your struggle just because 'it could always be worse'. You are valid. Your pain is valid.

Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can.

Not everyone is going to accept you, your choices.

It's painful, makes you feel like you are lost when it's someone that you love. Let yourself feel whatever comes with the rejection but don't let it kill you.

You deserve to be happy, and if someone can't get behind that, they are not worth the effort for friendship.

You can be self-protecting without being outwardly (and inwardly) cold hearted.

Most people blur the line of being smart and being rude- you don't have to allow yourself to open to everyone but you shouldn't allow yourself to be spiteful to others. Be kind. Someone will need it.

It’s probably not the best idea to write a reply to an rp when you’re either:

A) Half-awake
B) Experiencing a fever
C) Drunk

This happened to me once or twice! I actually ended up writing a lore inappropriate object into the universe. I reread my writing again the next day and laughed. Stop instead and rest before you reply! ✨

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Navuso