Fresh Start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When laura had finished cleaning she sat in the bathtube, her kneeds inched up to her chest her arms around both knees she could help but think about what had happened that night. She felt dirty.. her mom had came and then went into the bedroom telling her daughter to try to remember anything about that night.. to atleast get some closure from whatever dude had crept in and takin something and then dissappeared without so much as a goodbye. She wiped her eyes a they swelled with tears once more "something.. there was something on ..his back" she said squinting her eyes thinking.. water dripped from her bangs down her face but she had hardly noticed. Eureka. she remembered. there was a tatoo in some foriegn language written on the back of his neck. She closed her eyes inhaling the exhaling.. she had to find hm.

"But soon, you have to young lady." Mrs. Reed reminded her in her stern voice "Other than that, what would you like for brunch?"

"Homemade burgers sounds nice..." Richard piped up, even though the older woman was talking to her daughter - not him. He found the two women looking at him with those uncomfortable stares, he hated those. They were no doubt mother and daughter "What? I'm hungry...."

Juris sighed, pointing to Richard as she made her way towards her bedroom "Yeah what he said..." she said passively, she wasn't in the mood to actually want something for brunch, so she rather go along to what Richard wanted. It's still food after all. "I'm going to take a shower, you should too Richard - use my brother's bathroom. Then just borrow some of his old clothes, and we'll go somewhere after we eat. I'm not in the mood to stay home..." she told him as she shut her bedroom door closed.

"Do you know what's wrong with her, Richard?"

"No....unfortunately."

There was a knock on her door, she quickly sat up from her bed and jumped thinking maybe he had come to explain himself.. but it was only brittney.. she had a troubled but controlled look on her face. "so uhh.. did you ever find out who it was?" she said sitting on lauras bed, laura looked around paranoid her father had maybe set up cameras in the house. No dont be silly. "How do you know about that?" Laura said suspiciously. brittney shrugged.. "i fell out of your closet this morning, remeber?" she said blandly. She sipped some coffee laura had just made. "What do you know??" she said leaning in close to her friend who turned away "i dont know anything.. all i saw was auburn hair i swear" she said closing her eyes as if laura was going to kill her. Laura sat up chewing a piece of cellury "auburn hair.. that doesnt narrow down much at all" she said blandly "brittney im looking for someone with greek letters on the back of their knecks.. you need to help me.. anyone you see with that , you text me when we get to school tommrow." she nearly demanded, britt nodded and laura took one last look outside before closing her blinds for the night

She couldn't believe it was school again.

Juris raced through the halls to approach her locker, today she wore a red v-neck with a cream white cardigan with it's sleeves rolled up and a black scarf wrapped around her neck. These days, the cold winds of fall were being more vicious everyday to the point that dressing for warmth was somethinb necessary. She looked around and saw that the juniors were less lively than normal, they probably got carried away from the alcohol from Saturday - losers. "Tch." Juris said as she rolled her eyes, taking out her books from her locker. As soon as she shut it close, she saw Brittney at the usual spot she stood on when she saw her the last time. She gave a subtle glance, before walking passed her to her classroom.

Composure is key, Juris. Composure is key.

Brittney stood there, hot with anger. She knew it had to be juris but she wasnt going to just get up and snatch the scarf from around her kneck.. she didnt want a one way trip to the hospital.. she had noticed as the days went by it had obviously meant the very opposite to stacey and richard who had officially called each other boyfriend and girlfriend the very next day. She wondered why juris hadnt made a move like that, she wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she was just in shock after what happened and just needed time.. but as the days passed in brittneys eyes she went from having sympathy for her to seeing her as a down right dog. She seemed fine, as if it never happened and on the other side of the fence laura was depressed with no closure to her name. "pig" she thought outloud as she walked past juris to her seat.. she glared at her from behind ... she then looked at brad who sat across from her. Fine. if she wasnt going to just come out and say it brittney decided she would have to push juris' buttons.. a little harder. She tapped Brad on the back and he reluctantly turned around from his phone.. probably texting girls like most hot guys did. "brad" she said leaning in so she was just in juris's hearing range "you know my friend laura?" she said a smirk on her face. Brad's face lit up "yea the new hot girl this year. she threw a party right?" Brittney nodded and brad smiled "what about her?" Brittney sighed "i dont know.. shes been depressed lately.. she was um, stood up by someone. I think you should ask her out on a date.. you know get her out of her depression?" she said a little louder. Brad nodded "hell yea why not? ill ask her right after school" Brittney nodded knowing juris' had to have herd her.. she sat back slowly.

Either your going to tell her.. or Youll watch her heart get stolen.

had she heard THAT? it might have been in brittneys head.. but it was so loud a thought she could garantee herself juris heard it.
she smirked.

Juris of course have heard of this conversation, it was happening right beside her.

She didn't feel bad for Laura's depression, it was her fault anyways. Laura just kept leading her on whenever she got drunk, it was stupid. She hated being led on. What right did Laura have to be depressed? She shoud be the one depressed. She was always being led on, it wasn't the first time she was led on by a woman, she almost had a one night stand with her two summers ago. It was her stupidity and foolishness, good thingd she realized it before it went too far and got out of it as soon as she could. Now here she was, making a fool of herself again.

She listened to Brittney and Brad's conversation further, but of course didn't act like she was interested - but she kept them at earshot. A date? With this twat from the football team? She wanted to clap at the blonde leech's stupid logic, is this how she solves things? Get a boyfriend? It was the most shallow thing she had ever heard. "You're a horrible friend Brittney..." she told her, turning towards the blonde girl "Is this your idea of moral support for a friend? Getting her a boyfriend? How stupid. So everything can be solved by hooking up with people? What an amazing form of logic, everyone should just sign up for eHarmony then."

Brittney snapped. That was it. She got up..

goodbye laura.. after this your going to hate forever.

Brittney got up "you pig" she said slapping juri across the face. Brad automatic response was to grab which ever girl was closest to him to hold her back, It was juris.. it had happened so quick you wouldve thought it was a planned attack, but brad was just good with reflexes like that. Brittney slapped her one more time until Richard had leaned over and grabbed her away "if you wouldve never slept with laura none of this wouldve happened you piece of **** you good for nothing.." she tried to get out of richards grasp.. she had a feeling she was going to loose this battle but she couldnt sit back while her friend got played. or so brittney thought. she wasnt that type of friend. that wasnt her.

She felt like a wild woman the way she clawed at richard to get in another hit, while she still had the chance while brad held her back.. in the process not knowing he had helped brittney. She had been looking for a reason to get kicked out of this stupid school and this was it. She felt she was using laura and helping her all in one

"friends dont sleep with friends!" she spilt it all.. Everyone wondering if this was true.. everyone trying to see the 'fight' Laura who was a few classes down heard the noise but teachers forbid them to leave the class room or face suspension.

Juris laughed at this, despite getting slapped in the face. "Rumours say that Laura slept with a man." Juris spat at Brittney, trying to break out of Brad's grip. It was easy to break his grasp, but the fact that he was also pulling her away from Brittney made it harder for her "Look at me blondie, look at me! Do I look like a man to you? No wait, rephrase. Am I man? No. No matter what I do, I can't be an actual man. I can just look like them, but I'm not biologically. And friends? Laura and I aren't friends. What are you talking about? Huh? Why are you blaming me? I'm not a man!"

This was so frustrating, but what went on in Juris' head was how did Brittney figure it all out? But Juris felt she could still win this, she just needs to keep throwing words at her. Yes, she could win this.

"Impulsive mother******, who do you think you're crossing paths with? I'm Juris Reed, damn it. If Brad just let go of me right now, I'll show a nice sample of my fist. And the best part? I'll give it to you for free! Isn't that lovely, you blonde bitch?" Juris managed to grin at her exhaustion to get out of Brad's grip, leaning forward constantly to get near Brittney. Where was the principal? Why was he not stopping this?

Brittney understood what juris was trying to make her look like... a fool. "Is that what you call it these days? a man?!" she said loosening one hand from richards grasp "you ****** her! just admit it and your ****ing her mind everyday but walking around like its perfectly okay.. im not stupid im not gonna be fooled by you.. you.. you PHONY you wont fool me.. you look at me you **** you selfish bitch... your time is up. No more playing it cool. No more lies.. let her go brad let her come and play" She said intently, anger, Brad thought about it for a moment... he loosened his grip on her..this wasnt his fight. The teacher was taking a long time to come back with the principle... she hoped brad wasnt really planning on letting go of juris.. or this could seriously get ugly.

"You are a funny one, junior." Juris said nastily, grinning as she sensed Brad's gripped loosen. Good boy, he knew how to pick his battles. "Why are you so persistent? Why are you targetting me, of all people in this school? You invited half of the school population and you pick on me out of all of them? Are you for real? And me, a girl? Sure, I'm a blasted lesbian. But are you actually classifying your friend Laura as one too? Wow, and you just hooked her up with Brad? What's up with you? I don't understand you." when she foudn the right timing, she shook off Brad's grip like it was nothing and charged towards Brittney without a second thought.

Instead of punching her, she slapped her instead. Not just any slap, but enough to make both her and Richard stumble down the floor. "Bitch." she spat at Brittney "Never again, will someone take advantage of me. So know where you place and who you accuse." she told the blonde, pulling Richard away from her "I'm wondering why you even went through this commotion, but not like I care anymore. Brad's all yours, play matchmaker with him - you seem to be extremely good at it." as soon as she finished speaking, the principal arrived at the scene with an angry expression etched on his face. Juris frowned, dragging Richard along with her as she passed the principal who was about to speak.

"Save it." Juris told the principal "I know what you're going to say, fine. I'm suspended for week." she stormed out of the classroom and towards the hallway, dragging Richard along like an old ragdoll with the crowd behind them muttering wildly.

Laura had gone in the office to retrieve something from a guidance councelor when she saw brittney being walkd off campus.. one side of her face blood shot red. "Brittney" she said as the girl turned around. "Im sorry.." She said half smiling as tears ran down her face and what looked to be her father furiously had her by the arm "And next time you here from me, my lawyer will be present... all these students these disgusting creatures.. they are all products of this terrible enviorment..and that.. that freak will get hers i promise you that" he said pulling brittney out. Laura turned to the hall where students walked passed her whispering about her.. she heard juris..she heard one night stand. She calmy walked down the hall way to find her even though inside she was outraged. She planned to proove something once and for all.. was it her tatoo? a small crowd had developed behind her but she wasnt going to fight juris.. she was borderline in love with the girl.. but sometimes love can hit you like a train and fill your heart with agony and thats what it was doing now. She saw 2 figures walking down the hallway it was juris and richard probably making there way out.. she assumed brittney had epically failed to fight juris. she took a deep breath and walked towards her

"Juris Reed." Richard said as he stumbled, tripped, and walked as he was dragged by the auburn haired woman to the parking lot. Her grip on him was tighter than usual, it was scary, because it was hard for him to escape from it "I want to inform you that, I am a human being and I can walk."

"I thought so." Juris replied, releasing him almost immediately making him fall forward, but luckily caught a grip on her truck and stopped himself from falling down. Juris ran a hand across her hair; she felt like kicking her truck. She was furious. This was so unfair, why does Laura get all the sympathy? Is she the only one hurting? Is the hurt she experienced far greater than hers? Why was she the bad guy here? All she wanted during that day was to stay home and watch Youtube...but...but she just had to come with Richard. "This is all your fault, you bastard." she said to Richard, pointing an accusing finger at him "All you fault, damn it."

"What. What the hell did I do?"

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

. "juris" a soft familair voice said behind her.. laura was bundled up because the wind had kicked in fiercely. She stared a juris in the eyes for the first time in what seemed like a lifetime. It was quiet at first, even with the small crowd standing around.. if they wanted a fight they werent going to find it here, but her adrenaline was pumping.. all she wanted was the truth and she planned to get it right now. She smiled weakly, this had made her physically and emotionally drained and she was sure it showed.. she crushed an ant under her foot and looked back up at juris.

She knows what i want.
i wont leave until i get it.

"Oh..um....ah....I...will get in the truck." Richard volunteered, grabbing the keys from Juris' hand and ran to the passenger seat - shutting the car door with a loud thud. Juris watched him proceed, and turned back towards Laura with a sudden blank expression on her face. She pursed her lips quietly, fixing her black woolen scarf that wrapped her neck comfortably before gazing back into Laura's eyes again.

"What else do you want from me?" she asked Laura, almost in a tired and begging manner. "I got slapped by your little blonde bodyguard, suspended, possibly sued for assault later, and what else? What else are you going to put me through, new girl? Huh?"

Tears swelled up in her eyes. she didnt know why this kept happening.. she didnt understand why she was so attached to this girl...

cry baby. im an idiot. a nuisance .

she thought about asking her to remove the scarf.. she decided against that. it was their personal business and there were too many people around.

Do you want me to.. leave you alone?

she wanted to ask but she was afriad the answer would be yes right away she just stood there as tears rolled down her cheeks. she erased them almost imidiatley. what did she want to say again? she didnt know.

"Im not afraid to be different" she said bluntly... yes she was.. being labled a lesbian? could she bear the judging eyes and dissapointed looks as well as juris had these years?.. she took a step closer

what was she doing? why? you vulnerable pathetic piece of crap... wheres your self respect?

she told herself.. but she wasnt listening.

Just then her mom had pulled up watching from a distance what was going on, but laura was unaware, her eyes remained on juris waiting for something. Anything. Come on give her something. She pleaded with her eyes.

Her mother tilted her head looking at the cute boyish looking girl standing opposite of laura.. the tears that ran down lauras cheeks.. putting two and two together.

Hell No. -she thought digging her nails into her steering wheels cover. She waited for anything to give her confirmation to what her first thought was...

Juris scoffed "Where are you going with this?" she told her, tilting her head up to look at the sky. This moment was so awkward, there was a girl crying in front of her. Sure, she had seen girls cry all the time but it was mostly something else. But this, she was facing a girl she slept with - and she was crying in front of her. It was necessary to look away, even though she told people to talk with eye contact so that they would be taken seriously "What are you trying to say? Huh?"

She dug her hands in her pockets, waiting for an answer. While at it, she tried her best to ignore the crying girl in front of her and busied herself with the sky. She admired to blue tint the atmosphere had, the clouds, anything to keep her away from looking at Laura. She already opted to walk away at one point, but she stayed instead.

What do you want from me?

Silence.. there was nothing but silence.

what am i supposed to say to that response?.

her hands began to shake a little so she folded them.. she wasnt giving eye contact either. did she want laura to dissappear? fine..

before she had time to make this decision for herself her mom got out of the car walking switly towards her daughter movings kids out of her way..
"Laura get in the car its time to go." she said glaring at juris.. she took her daughters arm and began walking away, Lauras mom turned around towards Juris one last time.
"all of you kids should just go home" she said irately. Sure thats what she said.. but she really meant "Get the hell away from my daughter"
When she got laura in the car she sped off in her infinity "God this lesbian nonsense.. its spreading like a disease" she said itching her skin.. she looked at her daughter who was still in a daze. "Laura? what do you think about comming to live with me finishing out these high school years? theres a nice dance school down the street from where i live" she said changing the subject abruptly. Laura didnt say anything still.. she just looked as the cars past by. "Laura..?" she continued "Am i talking to myself?"

"You can do what you want mom.. because its your right" she said glaring at the custody papers in front of her on the dashboard. "what you thought i didnt know? dad was gonna send me away after all of this? and then you wanna sit here and act like its my damn choice? " she said in a high pitch voice about to bust out in a fit of tears. Her mom sat there for a second thinking.. "well what do you expect? especially after today.. now that ive seen the type of people you mix with" She glared at her mother "what do you mean?" Lauras mother was silent the rest of the trip home until they reached dads house. Her mom tried to console her, putting a hand on her shoulder but she shrugged it off.. "I just found out my life is being shifted again mom.. so how about giving me some f*cking space?" she said going inside slamming the door.

"The hell..." Juris said in a startled tone, trying to recall what just happened. It all happened so fast. At first she was talking to Laura, then her mother came out of nowhere and started mouthing her off, while she stood there speechless. "So I can't even talk to girls platonically now? Why was that old witch mouthing me off as if I was raping her daughter on the spot?" she said to herself, then she thought about what happened between Laura and her during that Saturday night "....was that rape?" she shook her head. Ever since Laura's party, she was a main suspect in this mess - which made her a notorious lesbian. Why was this happening to her? It was annoying, bothersome, everything.

"Juris, I got a call from the principal..." Mrs. Reed said as her daughter appeared from the doorway after spending a few hours with Richard at the mall, buying clothes and DVDs. "...mind telling me what happened? I maybe considerate, but that doesn't mean you should never take me seriously."

"Sus-pen-ded." Juris said in a singsong, nonchalant manner as she paced to the living room holding two shopping bags. She settled them beside the couch, and searched for the TV remote "Someone slapped me, so I slapped her back. End of story."

"Why were you slapped, exactly?"

Juris paused, holding the remote around her fingers with the sound of an episode of Family Guy audible in the quiet room "Because I'm a lesbian." she said in the most bold and straightforward way she could ever possibly say her orientation. As she did so, she felt her mother's arms wrap around her thin body, giving her the most comforting hug she had ever had in years.

Laura packed her bags furiously. She couldnt believe she was leaving.. she had just gotten there what the hell had happened? she sat up calming herself down "okay.. okay. this isnt happening" she thought as she took deep breaths. Was she about to be moved because of the party.. or was she about to be moved because ...

Just as she said this her father peeked in her room "you almost done packing champ?" he said.. a disappointed twinkle in his eyes. "Dont worry i promise all of this is for the best.." Her eyes once more filled with tears as her dad held her against him "but why dad? is it because of the party? i promise ill change.." she said not wanting to leave.. she felt broken some how. She felt like her parents were shipping her away because she was broken.. like she had a receipt... like she could be returned. Her dad didnt say anything he simply held her close comforting her "your not going very far just to your mothers.. youve only got a year left then youll be in college and by then we will have shaped you up.. and crafted you to the best of your abilities..

........ crafted?

"Dad.." she said letting go of him, her dad looked her in the eyes in all seriousness.. this was the most he had ever payed attention to her.

"Listen...your mother says she seen the way you looked at that lesbian. You mustnt mix yourself with that crowd.. your too beautiful.. you deserve more..there is nothing that a woman can give you..that a man hasnt already given you.. and will give you more.. more income more stability.. its just not the correct way to live"

She couldnt believe her dad was saying this.. she hadnt even come out and said she was a lesbian.. she didnt even know herself if she was one. She didnt say another word. she silently nodded just to get him the hell out of her room. When he left she took a good look at herself in the mirror.

They were going to break her down.

"JURISSSSSSSSSSSS~" a male voice called out to her, a handsome dark-haired man appeared from the doorway. He was wearing a black baggy band shirt and polka dot boxers. He was grinning wildly as he waved an envelope in front of the auburn haired woman "You have a letter, little sis." unlike Juris, he looked a lot like their father. Instead of auburn hair, he had their father's dark black hair and eyes - contrast to his sisters.

"If it's another party invitation, shred it." Juris mumbled. She sat in front of her laptop, drinking her 5th energy drink as she watched several anime shows for the past 2 hours. It was her 4th day of suspension, even if her mother cleared up the mess - she insisted to take on the punishment, she wanted a break from seeing people in school. Richard visited once in a while, but mostly to eat her mother's cooking or giving her notes about their lessons - other than that, this was her life.

"No, silly." he said as he approached her, ruffling her hair as he settled down the envelope in front of her "It's from college."

Juris sat up in an instant, almost spilling her drink on her shirt as she scurried to open the envelope. She opened the letter and read it, and a few minutes later she was smiling wildly - and happily. "I got accepted."

Status
Not open for further replies.